New Cast Time Proposal - Page 5 - Renewal Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Cast Time Proposal

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: New Cast Time Proposal (3 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about this proposal?

1. It's perfect. (9 votes [12.68%])

Percentage of vote: 12.68%

2. Good. Needs a little adjustment. (39 votes [54.93%])

Percentage of vote: 54.93%

3. Poor. On par with or worse than how it is now. (13 votes [18.31%])

Percentage of vote: 18.31%

4. It's completey off mark. (10 votes [14.08%])

Percentage of vote: 14.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

A few skills need to be looked at individually, I like the fixed minimum casting time on most stuff though. Can I come spam howling mandragora during your testing btw? lol =(

#102 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

Disagreeing with you != trolling. FYI you have 0 data and just made up a 95% figure. There is also zilch data to say people want your adjustments over someone else's like doddler's or etc. All we can draw from it is players like yours better than Gravity's which is a small feat.

Can I report your posts? They're all full of personal attacks.

Actually, it CAN be. It actually depends on what someone's intentions and true beliefs are. Well, we don't really know this, do we? But typically trollers behave incredibly rude and stupidly. It's obvious you don't even read posts anymore. I was talking about the DROPS THEAD. You know, a DIFFERENT thread with a DIFFERENT poll? The one that is stickied? The one where if you actually looked at data in front of your nose instead of ignoring everything you didn't want to see, you might actually have an inkling about what was being mentioned?

You can go on trying to report MY posts, but that will accomplish nothing or still get you in trouble for false reporting. Now just stop this stupid crusade against me. It's obvious your ego is hurt so you just have to lash out at me at every possible opportunity (which is just about every other post in ABABAB fashion).

A few skills need to be looked at individually, I like the fixed minimum casting time on most stuff though. Can I come spam howling mandragora during your testing btw? lol =(

Have anything in mind? I did have a list of skills at the end of the first post, including stuff like zen, gfist, energy coat...

Also, I did not factor anything about howling mandragora at all into this. :p_err:

The change would have to be something like: duration is not affected by item use that do not constitute as valid skills. Nor are they affected by howling. Skills with no cast times can have + .2 sec of a cast time similar to bowling bash, which has no cast bar and cannot be interrupted. Any other normal skill that is cast will have double cast time + .5 sec.

Sound reasonable enough? Should be fairly reasonable so long as we are dealing with high level players...

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 27 September 2010 - 09:04 PM.

#103 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:12 AM

Its kind of funny how a lot of what you say is ironic. Makes me wonder who the troll is here! Essentially you fight tooth and nail with everyone who disagrees with you (multiple threads, multiple people so far) and 10/10 times you have been grossly wrong. The real issue is you 1) don't know what you are talking about and 2) argue like you do. Solutions: 1) get over yourself and accept other people may know more than you 2) stop posting.

Anyways. Like Viri said-- the same point every single person in this thread has been driving at that you've ignored-- neither kRO's nor your formula are good enough because it is painfully obvious 1 size does not fit all. Skills really need to be looked at individually and given skill-specific delays and fixed times that are appropriate for the apparent strength of the skill and how it is used. Skills like Melody strike should have their cast time removed completely, while skills like Zen deserve a fixed portion, while still others like TSS, if they get a fixed portion, should be rather small to keep the DPS of the skill from being pointless. Etc. What we need, rather than new formulas, is a list of skills and what their fixed and variable portions should be, and any modifications that should be made to their base cast times.

I will list some skills and the adjusted times I feel they should have. Other people can add their own skills they are familiar with to the list. In general for classes that get both INT and DEX I am not being lenient on cast times, but for those that don't get INT I am being more lenient than the pre-renewal cast time for the skill. Re-Use delay refers to skill-specific re-use which isn't reduced by magic strings or anything else.

Skill Name - Fixed Cast - Variable Cast - Re-Use Delay
Guillotine Fist - 0.5 sec - 1.5 sec - 10 sec
Zen - 0.5 sec - 1.5 sec - 1 sec
Throw Spirit Spheres Lv5 - 0.3 sec - 3.2 sec - 0 sec
Storm Gust - 2 sec - 10 sec - 5 sec
Rapid Smiting - 0.1 sec - 0.9 sec - 0.5 sec
Gloria Domini - 0.4 sec - 1.1 sec - 1 sec
Sacrifice - 0.2 sec - 1.3 sec - 1 sec
Melody Strike/Slinging Arrow - 0 sec - 0 sec - 0 sec
Arrow Vulcan - 0 sec - 0 sec - 2.8 sec
Focused Arrow Strike - 0 sec - 0 sec - 0.5 sec
Falcon Assault - 0.2 sec - 0 sec - 0.5 sec
Soul Exhale - 0.4 sec - 1.6 sec - 5 sec
Mystical Amplification - 1 sec - 1 sec - 1 sec
Gambentain - 0.3 sec - 1.7 sec - 1 sec
Energy Coat - 0.5 sec - 1.5 sec - 2 sec
Lord of Vermillion - 1 sec - 10 sec - 5 sec
Arrow Repel - 0 sec - 0 sec - 0.3 sec
Magnetic Earth - 1 sec - 2 sec - 2 sec
Endow (all 4) - 0 sec - 0.5 sec - 1 sec
Fire/Cold/Lightning Bolt - 0.5 sec - 3.5 sec - 1 sec
Earth Spike - 0.3 sec - 1.8 sec - 0.5 sec
Fireball - 0 sec - 2 sec - 0.5 sec
Spiritual Bestowment - 0 sec - 1 sec - 0 sec
Clashing Spiral - 1 sec - 1 sec - 3 sec
Blitz Beat - 0.1 sec - 0.4 sec - 0.2 sec
Wind Walker - 0 sec - 1 sec - 1 sec
Earth Spike - 0.3 sec - 1.8 sec - 0.5 sec

Edited by Jaye, 28 September 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#104 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

All the archer and their counterparts attack skills were made to be instant cast, I don't know why they didn't just make them that way to start like double strafe... falcon assault, FAS, arrow vulcan should all have been instant from the getgo. I do like the 2 second cast time zen though, it forces suras to hit and run instead of... you know... just killing everyone in one run :3

#105 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:57 AM

All the archer and their counterparts attack skills were made to be instant cast, I don't know why they didn't just make them that way to start like double strafe... falcon assault, FAS, arrow vulcan should all have been instant from the getgo. I do like the 2 second cast time zen though, it forces suras to hit and run instead of... you know... just killing everyone in one run :3

^^^ which is why I gave most of them instant cast in my suggestions above http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#106 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

I will list some skills and the adjusted times I feel they should have.

Focused Arrow Strike - 0 sec - 0 sec - 0.5 sec

Let me understand this... you want FAS have instant cast allways and this ridiculous aftercast delay? This is insane. Actually FAS have 2,8 seconds delay and cast time that you can get instant cast with 150 dex. With this new formula you can deal more damage than ever. And if the owner have Rideword hat this should be worst than a Nuclear bomb.

#107 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:52 AM

FAS has a 2.8 second aftercast delay. If you had read my post you would have noticed that column you are nitpicking refers to skill-specific delay, which is different. It is the type of delay most 3rd job skills have, and some second job skills like Endure. My chart is actually a small nerf to the skill over pre-renewal, where FAS did not have a skill-specific delay at all.

My sniper on iRO right now is 99/70 and I can instant cast FAS and FA. I can't recall a time I ever said "Damn FAS is so good, I am going to totally own MVPs, PVP, and WoE." The reason I have never thought this is because FAS is not that good, and is only particularly notable (WITH instant cast, WITH magic strings essentially removing the delay) in 1 place in the entire game: Abyss Lake. If you call FAS, which does maybe 13-15k with CRITS (as if obtaining 100% crit didn't deserve good performance) on a monster with 200% elemental weakness and a fully carded bow, a "nuclear bomb" you really are green. That is far from Godly. Bowling Bash can do that without magic strings and with very little dex, and it is a 2nd job skill. Storm Gust outdamages it too for mobbing. 3rd job skills (like severe rainstorm lol) all put FAS to shame.

Edited by Jaye, 28 September 2010 - 06:55 AM.

#108 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

But FAS hits 13x3 cells around the monster you target, you do not need to stay together like bowling bash (that only hits around the caster...) and you don't make mob crazy like SG. I think is not a good idea compare skills between different jobs because all jobs are different.

FAS is a really good AoE at the moment, and with the new ridiculous fixed cast (talking about renewal, not your idea) I don't think it is really nerfed.

I don't know why everybody is afraid about have cast time on the skills.

And it's only my opinion, no more lol.

#109 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:07 AM

OK I got over the initial shock of how silly your post was. Please, I don't know how to be more tactful than this: If you are not extremely familiar with skills, do not attempt to wage argument on how to balance them. Please.

FAS hits 3x3 in a line up to 13 long. Meaning if you gather up a mob it only effectively can target a 3x3 area and anything directly between you and the monsters. It is not a huge AoE like you're describing. It is very much alike bowling bash in what type of mob you can kill. The only difference is knights don't need hella crit to do good damage, have significantly more HP and DEF to tank mobs than snipers, and don't need magic strings support to kill effectively. In other words, knights are better than snipers unless there is dedicated support & specific conditions (scholar, magic strings, enemies are all of 1 element weakness). In that small percent of times when snipers can kill a mob better than lord knight or high wizard, they deserve it. And its not ridiculously overpowered at all.

Nobody is "afraid" of cast times. We don't want them because with them the skills have no function. With any more delay on FAS than there is, the few situations where the skill is actually good will be lost. Other skills like Arrow Vulcan become unusable because the enemies can walk up to your ranged character while you are casting.

Edited by Jaye, 28 September 2010 - 07:19 AM.

#110 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Still, the area of FAS is larger than BB, and it can be spammed far more often. LKs don't need strings, so what? Isn't everything we are evidently concerned about the "worst possible" scenario? It's not even unreasonable to have a string slave or even just a good friend/guildie doing the string support for a party. The better def/HP of a LK is also pointless to mention if the sniper can pull this skill off AT A DISTANCE and already has tanks doing the job of collecting mobs and tanking them.

And you are "afraid" of cast times. You repeatedly whine how a .2 sec cast time on Arrow Vulcan is going to absolutely kill you and you'd never get it off. And you repeatedly claimed how horrible the DPS of Arrow Vulcan would be with such tiny cast times despite the fact that naturally, it is very easy for Double Strafe to outdamage it.

See, a one size fits all thing still is probably not likely, but the idea is you can also try keeping the same kind of formula and merely adjust the cast times of the skills themselves.

Also, quit claiming I do not know what I am talking about. You get proved wrong again and again every time you post. :p_err:

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 28 September 2010 - 01:15 PM.

#111 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

OK I got over the initial shock of how silly your post was. Please, I don't know how to be more tactful than this: If you are not extremely familiar with skills, do not attempt to wage argument on how to balance them. Please.

FAS hits 3x3 in a line up to 13 long. Meaning if you gather up a mob it only effectively can target a 3x3 area and anything directly between you and the monsters. It is not a huge AoE like you're describing. It is very much alike bowling bash in what type of mob you can kill. The only difference is knights don't need hella crit to do good damage, have significantly more HP and DEF to tank mobs than snipers, and don't need magic strings support to kill effectively. In other words, knights are better than snipers unless there is dedicated support & specific conditions (scholar, magic strings, enemies are all of 1 element weakness). In that small percent of times when snipers can kill a mob better than lord knight or high wizard, they deserve it. And its not ridiculously overpowered at all.

Nobody is "afraid" of cast times. We don't want them because with them the skills have no function. With any more delay on FAS than there is, the few situations where the skill is actually good will be lost. Other skills like Arrow Vulcan become unusable because the enemies can walk up to your ranged character while you are casting.

Why are you saying I am not extremely familiar with skills? Perhaps I cannot explain myself as I wish because my English vocabulary is really limited... And I can repeat once again I know I do not type as well as I wish. But I played on Sniper. I had one in euRO time ago and... I remember how easy was killing mobs of Skeggiodds with FAS wearing a sniping suit (less delay, more crit...). I don't know but FAS is a really good skill for get 0,5 seconds delay (LMAO) and being instant cast ALLWAYS (LMFAO). And actually exist gears that reduces delay: sniping suit -23% delay + 2 expert rings and you have -33% delay... awesome gears for spamming FAS and FA without strings.

And knight/lk the great part of time are being hitting by the monsters that is killing with bowling bash and Wizards/HW haven't the same easily that snipers to get instant cast.

Are you seriously talking that I am not "extremly familiar with skills"? I guess are you who don't.
Posted Image (LOL)

Edited by Fibrizzo, 28 September 2010 - 03:01 PM.

#112 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

Yes, your English must be bad. Because you missed this twice somehow.

that column you are nitpicking refers to skill-specific delay, which is different. It is the type of delay most 3rd job skills have, and some second job skills like Endure. My chart is actually a small nerf to the skill over pre-renewal, where FAS did not have a skill-specific delay at all.

There is a huge difference between casting storm gust and FAS instant cast, given that you need to FAS about 3-4 times for every SG to equal the same damage. SG has a much wider range as well. Also SG is incredibly effective on even the wrong element of monster, while FAS is not. The only place FAS excels is on targets with high mdef or are holy or high level shadow element (such as dragons and skeggiolds in the former). If Acicus had low mdef or wasn't holy element, it would be wizards that everyone wanted for AL3 parties, and snipers would be fairly useless for anything other than trapping in WoE.

Also, lethaljokerperson, you have not proved me wrong even once. I have proved YOU wrong repeatedly, and you are tagging the end your posts with things like that. THAT is why nobody takes you seriously here. You're literally talking to yourself when it comes to the arguments since you disregard anything anyone else says and imagine your own words ring true (when they don't). I am really tired of your posts because I literally need to address every other line of your posts, as the information is backwards and wrong, making my posts tediously long like yours. Please stop posting. I really don't want to address how inaccurate the statements you just made about AV and bowling bash are AGAIN. Seriously. Its like beating a dead horse, where the dead horse is just some oblivious kid talking out his ass and refusing to admit he is wrong.

Edited by Jaye, 28 September 2010 - 03:12 PM.

#113 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

If you think its OP compared to like any of the other mobbing skills in the game you're mentally disabled. It's good but its not broken X_X

#114 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

that column you are nitpicking refers to skill-specific delay, which is different. It is the type of delay most 3rd job skills have, and some second job skills like Endure. My chart is actually a small nerf to the skill over pre-renewal, where FAS did not have a skill-specific delay at all.

I will list some skills and the adjusted times I feel they should have. Other people can add their own skills they are familiar with to the list. In general for classes that get both INT and DEX I am not being lenient on cast times, but for those that don't get INT I am being more lenient than the pre-renewal cast time for the skill. Re-Use delay refers to skill-specific re-use which isn't reduced by magic strings or anything else.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 28 September 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#115 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Yes, your English must be bad. Because you missed this twice somehow.

"that column you are nitpicking refers to skill-specific delay, which is different. It is the type of delay most 3rd job skills have, and some second job skills like Endure. My chart is actually a small nerf to the skill over pre-renewal, where FAS did not have a skill-specific delay at all.

There is a huge difference between casting storm gust and FAS instant cast, given that you need to FAS about 3-4 times for every SG to equal the same damage. SG has a much wider range as well. Also SG is incredibly effective on even the wrong element of monster, while FAS is not. The only place FAS excels is on targets with high mdef or are holy or high level shadow element (such as dragons and skeggiolds in the former).

Or water element monsters, or wind element monsters. That's 1.

Holy level 1 monsters don't have too bad a penalty on stormgust. That's 2.

A sniper with 170 dex, a comp bow with 2 20% race cards and 2 20% element cards, and the appropriate element arrow could do 5272 damage every .5 sec to a properly compacted mob with strings. Meanwhile stormgust, with instant cast, 150 int, and staff of destruction, would only do around 4717 damage every wave on a typical earth/poison/shadow1/ghost element monster with 20ish mdef. You only do better when the monster is fire element. That's 3.

Also, you want to say SG has a wider range. Yes, that is true and in that respect it can be useful. But I take your random fact in favor of SG and raise you mine for FAS. Multiple people can spam FAS at the same time! You can't stack stormgust.

I would agree your .5 sec re-use delay would tone FAS down a bit to more appropriate levels. I have seen it being spammed approximately twice as fast in strings. But as you should be able to see, even with your moderate nerf of .5 sec re-use delay, FAS still outclasses stormgust in many situations. Now throw in the fact that you used the PRESENT, describing the FAS with no re-use delay, when you say "The only place FAS excels is..." and you are just dead wrong. That's 4.

Also, lethaljokerperson, you have not proved me wrong even once. I have proved YOU wrong repeatedly... blah blah blah

Hmm, I think you know what I have been counting. :p_err:

#116 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

OK, If you WANT I can address you in-depth. Because you're logic isn't working again and you're somehow talking like you're on a high horse. It's kind of disturbing.

Currently, Focused arrow strike has the following limiting factors:

* 2 second cast time
* 1.5 second aftercast delay
* 0 second re-use delay
* Minimum delay of sekill-related ASPD delay

Now, some of these limiting factors are possible to bypass.

* 150+ DEX can eliminate the cast time
* Magic strings combined with a sniping suit can virtually eliminate the aftercast delay

With maximum rate of fire (close to 3-4 hits/sec), you're talking 450% * 3-4. Its not too bad once you've received the support of a bard and priest to ensure your maximum rate of fire here. This is about 1350%-1800%/sec damage.

Storm gust strikes about 3 times/sec. If it wasn't already apparent to you (probably not) I will point out that mATK is significantly quicker to scale upward than ATK. It is hard to compare % atk vs % matk skills as matk is generally higher (ATK might land around 500-650 before cards/element while mATK lands around 850-1150). Storm gust hits something like 11-12 times on a target that does not freeze. With mystical amplification this equates to approximately 2250%/sec damage. As you can see, storm gust has a much, much higher DPS than FAS, which is why on many enemies (even those not weak to water) storm gust rapes enemies. I believe you may have forgot mystical amplification, staff of piercing, etc, in your above posts, but that is to be expected from your arguments. Comparing a nontrans wizard to a trans sniper (lol).

I want to also point out here that wizards have Lord of Vermillion and Meteor Storm. LoV is quite effective vs water enemies. I am not sure if you've ever leveled at ID3 during the event, probably not, since you made a really failure attempt to use water enemies as an excuse for wizards not being equal or better DPS to a 0 delay sniper in your post. Perhaps it was an oversight, I am not sure. You make a lot of oversights, so this is likely.

I don't know if you've ever played a sniper or a high wizard, probably not, as you probably wouldn't be arguing with us otherwise. FAS is a lot trickier to mob with than SG. A lot tricker. Its also useless without strings. While SG is not. FAS requires a stationary party to work at top efficiency. SG can be mobile. SG can cover more than 1 area of the screen (covering a huge area, unlike FAS). SG continues to hit targets even if the wizard is tanking enemies, once its been cast. Snipers cannot continue their DPS if they cannot finish their continuous casting. As a result wizards can precast SG before the mob is on them while snipers would have to continuously tank it. As a result, it is easier to mob with a wizard if you have cast bar than a sniper. All in all, SG has many advantages over FAS. Its beyond fair to say FAS should have some times when it is better than SG (such as on holy 4 dragons with high mdef).

That said, let's move onto bowling bash.

With a doube dragoon dragon killer (I think thats the name of the 2h sword?) and about 130 str (easy on a LK) you can do about 8K * 2 bowling bashes to gold acidus. About 2 of these per second with a good amount of AGI. This is like, maybe, double the DPS of a 0 delay sniper. I won't even bring megingjards into this since that wouldn't be fair. A non-godly LK can out damage FAS. And a LK is physically tougher than a sniper in every way. You'd think being a "glass canon" a sniper would be able to out-DPS an LK, but that's ragnarok online for you. At least Snipers can change their element on the fly and can do their AoE at some range. At any rate this is perfectly acceptable for the sniper to be doing the DPS they are currently doing. If anything it might need a buff.

Currently, Bowling Bash (1000% dmg 3x3 AoE) has the following limiting factors:

* 0.7 second cast time (non-interruptible, reduced by dex)
* 0 second aftercast delay
* 0 second re-use delay
* Minimum delay of sekill-related ASPD delay

These limiting factors don't really need to be bypassed given how minimal they are, but, with 50 base dex, the cast time on BB is like 0.35 sec, so with 2 hand quicken or any AGI, we're talking 2-3/sec BB.

So currently in RO FAS is underwhelming and if anything, fair, and that is WITH instant cast and 0 delay in strings.

You're talking about adding a cast bar to it. So that their cast will be interrupted without a phen. So that their damage comes after a delay so skills without a bar can kill first. So that spell breaker can stop the skill in WoE. So that its un-usable in WoE. For no reason. Why? Because you're an idiot.

Also, I want to recommend that if you think adding a cast bar to sniper and gypsy/minstrel skills is so fair to you, how about we add a cast bar (interruptible) to bowling bash, double strafe, sonic blow, and other skills. How about it? Sounds about as fair as what you're asking. I felt a 2/sec limit of fire on skills like this with a 0.5 skill-specific re-use delay would be a fair compromise for you but you're still acting up. Honestly I think you're arguing for the sack of arguing rather than trying to make sure everyone was on the right page and situated on the issue as I am.

Edited by Jaye, 30 September 2010 - 06:02 AM.

#117 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:00 PM

Sniper have traps. Lord Knight don't. Sniper can attack with safe distance. Lord Knight don't.

Sniper can hit all elements. Wizards don't. Sniper ignore defense with FAS critical hits and with falcon skills. The 2 skills of wizard that ignore mdef (because magic isn't affect by racial, element and size weapon cards like melee attacks so we only have MATK) are Fire Pillar and Gravitation Field (fixed damage lol)

And yes, you can tell lot of stuff that wizards and knights have that hunters/snipers don't. But there isn't reassons for change this skill.

FAS is awesome right now. Is unneccesary any change on it.

PS: I have a High Wizard in Valk, and I Had Sniper years ago on euRO. I know what I am talking.

Edited by Fibrizzo, 01 October 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#118 Tomberry

Tomberry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

TBH only bring the new renewal mechanics in when you change to 3rd class. Instacast SG with a 99/70 HWiz will be laughable to 3rd classes, so that isnt really an issue, instacast AB would most likely be an issue and WoE would just be filled with 99/70 biochems, but that can be changed outside of it. Levelling as a trans at the moment is only somewhat better than levelling as a non trans (I mainly solo due to time zone differences and impatience with guild politics and drama though) and once you hit 3rd class it will be infinitely different anyhow. The only thing I see this current system doing is making people not bother with transing unless they are the more dedicated players, simply because levelling from 1-99 will be hell, and doing it again with increased xp and very little to no advantages will just be totally unrealistic.

So basically, 3rd classes are where its gonna be at, but that doesnt mean it should be absolute hell to people trying to get there.

And on the note of instacast AV/DS, AV has a big-ass animation delay already, adding in a big-ass cast time as well is just unrealistic, I helped a friend level her dancer to gypsy and that was a total pain in the ass, she had to level with DS and she was as squishy as it gets, when she hit gypsy it totally changed for her and she was able to do alot more by using AV and instacast AV, this big changearound is what you should get for investing your time and patience into levelling to trans, with the current system you mayswell just look at hitting level 99 as a stat reset where you get to start again without using the hexagon to assign points, if you even bother transing and dont just go 3rd class, thats pretty much all it comes down to.

#119 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

I haven't conceded to your points, yes. You and your other troll buddies' "issues".

There's a shocker. This is the first time I've been called a troll on any forums

I don't even know what part of my post is trolling. I merely pointed out that under your new magical formula, people can still easily achieve cast time reductions of what would be equivalent to ~145 preRenewal dex, which is already near-instant cast. And yet, you still insist that it will be hard to reach near instant cast under your formula.

#120 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

There's a shocker. This is the first time I've been called a troll on any forums

I don't even know what part of my post is trolling. I merely pointed out that under your new magical formula, people can still easily achieve cast time reductions of what would be equivalent to ~145 preRenewal dex, which is already near-instant cast. And yet, you still insist that it will be hard to reach near instant cast under your formula.

Nah, I was calling your friend here a troll. :p_devil: Also, I will let him/her/idc know that I also stopped reading her post after she ignored the fact that I wanted to nerf string's effect on after-cast, claimed stormgust hits 50% more than it does per second, and that it hits more than 10 times.

And as for the bolded stuff... yes. Yes I do insist it will be hard. At least in PvP situations. Cause you know, in PvM you don't have enemies putting you in quagmire, dispelling you, marsh of abyss, people killing your stringer, stripping you. Surely you know what I mean.

#121 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Nah, I was calling your friend here a troll. :angry: Also, I will let him/her/idc know that I also stopped reading her post after she ignored the fact that I wanted to nerf string's effect on after-cast, claimed stormgust hits 50% more than it does per second, and that it hits more than 10 times

SG hits 14-15 times instead of 10 on bosses (and undead) and players with unfrozen (virtually all of them). Every 3rd hit hits twice instead of once on an enemy that is immune to frozen status. You'd think you'd know what you were talking about before you spoke like you do. Its eye-opening seeing what disgusting, uneducated posturing you'll do; like watching a lion exhibit at the zoo where one of the audience members claims to be able to talk to lions due to a chip in his head from Mars and jumps down and gets eaten and everyone can't help but watch no matter how awful it is.

And as for the bolded stuff... yes. Yes I do insist it will be hard. At least in PvP situations. Cause you know, in PvM you don't have enemies putting you in quagmire, dispelling you, marsh of abyss, people killing your stringer, stripping you. Surely you know what I mean.

You could do this stuff PRE_RE and the reason instant cast was OP was you could drop the skill (like SG or ME) on the other side of the portal immediately after coming in, before you can be affected by these debuff. So.. yes, you guessed it, your argument has as much weight as ... anything... in space.

This is getting old (re: troll accusation). Telling you that you are wrong (when you are) and acting foolish (when you are) is not trolling. It's being brutally honest. If that makes you cry, get out of the kitchen. One might consider you a troll, intentionally posting wrong/bad info and arguing despite how wrong/foolish you're acting. Its as if you're here to cause trouble. Like a troll.

Edited by Jaye, 08 October 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#122 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, yeah, whatever. I do not believe one ounce of that hogwash crap that SG will hit more than 10 times. Prove it wrong. And even if it is the case, it's a bug. Still, I don't care. I'm not going to cater any of my facts, opinions, and builds around bugs.

Your example is also far more retarded than you think I am. If you are so concerned about people jumping in warps and immediately casting stuff and running back out unable to be debuffed, you have to do two things:

1) put up loki's veil and possibly other things like traps, blaze shield, and fire pillars to make them stay in.

2) don't hang around right by the entrance to the castle.

And you think you make me cry? Please. I'm beginning to lul every time I see that you posted and out of sick humor, decide to look anyway.

Edited by LethalJokeChar, 08 October 2010 - 02:35 PM.

#123 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

I'm not going to cater to any facts

^ What I read. Essentially why nobody takes you seriously, so no surprise I thought you finally admitted to it. Too much to ask, I guess.

I have no idea what portal casting is and have 0 experience with WoE/PVP. Consequently I have absolutely no idea how SG works in comparison to other skills in terms of DPS, cast time, etc.

Summed up the rest of your post for you. Please back out of arguments if you do not know the content of them. Friendly advice.

And you think you make me cry?

You seem butt-hurt so I'll go out on a limb and say yes, you are crying on the inside. Most likely out of embarrassment since you've been making a fool of yourself pretty frequently and the only reason you haven't stopped is due to misguided pride.

#124 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

^ What I read. Essentially why nobody takes you seriously, so no surprise I thought you finally admitted to it. Too much to ask, I guess.

Summed up the rest of your post for you. Please back out of arguments if you do not know the content of them. Friendly advice.

You seem butt-hurt so I'll go out on a limb and say yes, you are crying on the inside. Most likely out of embarrassment since you've been making a fool of yourself pretty frequently and the only reason you haven't stopped is due to misguided pride.

Riiight. Worst edits in trolling history. If I remember correctly back on the old forums, you may be someone I remember that did exactly that, in some weak attempts to make yourself superior. :lol:

But hey, it's not people who won't take me seriously. It's people who won't take you serious when they see how you keep distorting what was actually said to fit your depraved view of someone who DARED to disagree with you! And the fact that you think I know nothing about WoE when you flatly turn down those solutions to your "portal casting" problem clearly shows either you don't know what you are talking about or... just like I've been saying, are an angry troll.

If you actually had any sense, you would just stop posting in this topic and give up trying to make me "back out". I don't back down to people like you, and all you are doing is bumping this thread.

#125 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:26 AM

^misguided pride again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users