Extended SN and the like - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Extended SN and the like

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#1 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

For many the Expansion on the Super Novice class has been an insult and demoralizing blow. If you feel that way then follow this topic. Lets start a movement! In small numbers our request to change things and submitted tickets have brought about nothing. Its time to start things moving. Spread across these forums are suggestion threads, complaint, threads, guide threads, and so many asking for ways to level and make this a fun class but the fact of the matter is that slaying porings up to level 150 with the same sprite, gear, and hp/sp pools is outrageous. So spread the word. Lets build an army they can't ignore. I've got some ideas to get their attention and I'm sure you all do too. Focus them here and will make this happen.

My first plan, start a facebook page and see if we can't build a fanbase to show them we are a significant community.

I know these are big goals and a lot of talk for now but I'd like to see a few changes. Anyone else?

http://www.facebook....lineSuperNovice Follow us for details on progress and events or just leave some ideas!

Edited by Seffisaur, 10 June 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#2 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'd rather see Oboro/Kagero and Desperados added first.

#3 chaffin

chaffin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Super novices have been around longer so I'll vote for this

#4 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

• No Petitioning

Petitioning for game features, additions, updates, or website and forum changes are not tolerated. Such posts will be removed without warning. The forums contains a Proposal section that maybe used to post your ideas, but creating petitions for others to sign is considered another form of "bumping".

Quoted by one of the CM's, Hastur.

#5 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

I don't mean to petition, sorry i couldn't think of a proper word at the time. I am merely looking to find as many players of the sn as possible.

#6 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have already suggested this in the Proposal/Suggestion thread, it seems nobody really cares enough.

#7 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

This sounds so weird in lame lol SN are a for fun class I believe it's not to be taken seriously lol. You wanna do me a favor get the gang to issue our ninja and future gunslinger classes then you will have my support all day buddy boy. :heh:

#8 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

This sounds so weird in lame lol SN are a for fun class I believe it's not to be taken seriously lol. You wanna do me a favor get the gang to issue our ninja and future gunslinger classes then you will have my support all day buddy boy. :heh:

Let me clarify: You CAN'T have fun with a class that has a crappy selection of skills as much as you could have fun with them in Pre-Renewal! They seriously need to overlook their skills, HP/SP Modifiers THEN the class is fun.

#9 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:58 AM

how is it fun when you can't kill lvl 100+ monster. The thing is that SN skill and equipment isn't up to date with those renewal monster.

#10 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

how is it fun when you can't kill lvl 100+ monster. The thing is that SN skill and equipment isn't up to date with those renewal monster.

^ This. THIS is the main problem with Extended SN's. They have an absolutely miserable time killing lv 100+ monsters. With only NOVICE LIMITED GEARS and a Terrible selection of skills.

Before anyone suggests Soul Link, It's not doable when you have to switch maps often, or even attempt a turn-in map, it pretty much dispels if you even log out as opposed to most buffs staying active upon logging out.

Edited by Senkasa, 11 June 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#11 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:25 AM

they also have lower apsd than all the other class. They should also let SN meet their own goddess, for trans XD

Edited by TrashBag, 11 June 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#12 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Im not looking to make anyone angry. Im just looking for people who might have some ideas and I made a facebook to gather these ideas so as not to jam up this forum or thread. I think it would make a huge difference if they just opened up some gears for the super novice to help us attack and defend against the stronger monsters. What worked back in pre renewal is still what we are stuck with to try and work up to level 150? How many other classes are stuck with the same gear from the first or second job change? most change gears fairly often. I also opened this thread in hopes of meeting other SN's just to play with in game maybe. I think a mass party of SN's would be fun regardless of how underpowered they are. 20 SN's moving across gramps maps would be hilarious in my opinion. XD

#13 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

Unfortunately, we can't really do much about them. All of those kinds of changes would requirement changes made by the Korean developers, which means it won't ever be done.

But seriously, my pitch would be to enable all First, Second, and Trans class skills on Super-Duper Novice. It's not like they'll outclass any 3rd class with all those skills. I'd just like to see some viable spell combos, like Deluge + Waterball.

#14 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

No one cares about Super Novices, they were never meant to be competitive, and it seems like everyone knows that except for the people who play Super Novices. There are so many other vital things that require attention, SNs are at the bottom of that list.

#15 gerpogi

gerpogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1341 posts
  • Server:classic,valk

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

even though it IS a for fun class, they still need a boost though.no use if you wont even have fun playing the class no?maybe access to some 3rd job skills like high heal and such?

#16 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

How about let SN have access to trans skills?

#17 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Once they get to buffing super novices I will stop complaining. Until then I demand they be buffed so they can actually be fun for once :/

#18 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I not asking for trans skills, i find that to be too much, but pre renewal SN's were fun without being competitive. I don't need them to be competitive, just possible, and enjoyable.Also if you don't have any positive input please refrain from posting it here. This thread is about Super Novices, discussion of them, not for people who don't care for them to come put down players who do enjoy them.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

You people are forgetting something.....

PLAYING A SUPER NOVICE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CHALLENGE. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO MAKE IT EASIER BY SUGGESTING A SKILL OR STAT BUFF/BETTER EQUIPMENT CHOICES FOR IT.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 June 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#20 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Going from 45-99 was easier on a super novice for me rather than going 100+

Also I'm fine with a challenge, HOWEVER I would've been more satisfied with a diverse skill selection to overcome the challenges, have you even played a super novice yet or attempted one AFTER level 100+?

Please come back to me once you have, anyone can say "Well it's a challenge and it's meant to be hard" This is more like scratching your head because some numbskull punched in random skills for their extended class with hardly anything offensive amongst the few wizard skills that ARENT really AOE and Holy Cross.

If you care to enlighten me and prove me wrong, PLEASE suggest a build and equipments that will be effective for monsters over level 110 for my SNovice. Mind you the build has to be effective and kill in an area... oh wait... we lack that, sorry. Even something as simple as bowling bash would've been a nice touch.

I'm sorry but until you play a super novice and really attempt to level with the best gears you can get for a novice, all arguments are null and void.

Edited by Senkasa, 11 June 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#21 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Challenge is acceptable but why should we not get new gears with a class upgrade/extension like ALL other classes? I don't believe that it is unreasonable for us to ask for gears making us capable of killing at least a few monsters 100+. If you find that unreasonable than I dare say 3rd gears should be removed.

My point is, it would be FUN if SN's could fight in the new maps, even just the lower level 100+ monsters. I don't want to take on MVP's that insane for an SN. It would be nice to fight the new monsters though as an SN.

Edited by Seffisaur, 11 June 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Challenge is acceptable but why should we not get new gears with a class upgrade/extension like ALL other classes? I don't believe that it is unreasonable for us to ask for gears making us capable of killing at least a few monsters 100+. If you find that unreasonable than I dare say 3rd gears should be removed.

Because other classes = easy mode (maybe except Wanderer)

Super Novice being handicapped to limited gear and skill selection IS THE CHALLENGE.....

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 11 June 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#23 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

Because other classes = easy mode (maybe except Wanderer)

Super Novice being handicapped to limited gear and skill selection IS THE CHALLENGE.....

I'm sorry but that's not a challenge, that's just a joke that I bet kRO had while pretty much laughing around a round table for this idea. Extended Supers are MORE pathetic than wanderers and should really get the attention they deserve, if you actually played a super you'd probably agree rather than throwing bland statements of it being a challenge, it's still a cruel joke.

Edited by Senkasa, 11 June 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

God items says hi. There's like over 20 level 150 Supernovices. It's not impossible to achieve. :P

#25 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

This is assuming WITHOUT god items. God items make everything pathetically easy mode. Gods dont make a broken class better, and those Supers got to 150 via leeching through TIs. I've seen it done on Valk already and it isn't a surprise to me. I'm not as lucky as those other SOBs.

So far you haven't added anything constructive and god items are not achievable by EVERYONE.

You can be a level 150 SN and still be crap with the skill tree of randomness that was blessed upon us.

Edited by Senkasa, 11 June 2012 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users