Extended SN and the like - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Extended SN and the like

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#26 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

simple thing would be to add more SN only gears... to help make up for the crap they gotta deal with... obviously nothing on par with 3rd classes but maybe able to compete vs Ninja and Gunslingers and TKM/SL

#27 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

This is assuming WITHOUT god items. God items make everything pathetically easy mode. Gods dont make a broken class better, and those Supers got to 150 via leeching through TIs. I've seen it done on Valk already and it isn't a surprise to me. I'm not as lucky as those other SOBs.

So far you haven't added anything constructive and god items are not achievable by EVERYONE.

Level 110+ Super Novices is not achievable for those with a faint of heart. It requires dedication. Want me to grab my slapstick from prerenewal to remind you about old school grinding?

As a reminder, SNs are a FOR FUN class, not something you should stick to if you're gonna play a character seriously. They are extremely limited even when compared to Trans classes.

#28 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

And what about the HP/SP pool, our bonus lost after level 100 (the 2k hp for 99ing? I feel that this is more of a glitch than an intentional move.) What part of the SN isn't already challenging? A slightly improved sword and slightly better armor (22 or 25 i think is what is on a standard angelic protection) is not going to be challenging the 100+ monsters. Its impossible. Turn-ins are the only way and i play an SN FOR THE CHALLENGE. I'm just looking for it to be reasonably challenging.

Another glitch-like feature is the max exp not locking. At 99 once you achieved an additional 99mil exp to max out the exp it locked and you could use the fury and mental strength to your hearts content. it doesn't lock at 150 maxed. Not a huge change we are asking for, more like some consistency.

#29 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

leveling a novice to super novice prerenewal i could achieve within a week. from then on maxing would take a month or two of on/off play. Post renewal it takes two days to get SN and maybe a year of grinding low levels to achieve 150 with angelic set (honest SN gears) and maybe a good set of cards without BM's.

#30 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

Achieving SN and 99ing now is fun. The after part is just demoralizing and frustrating. Also I ask you to have an open mind about this. I'm not looking to make SN's a MVP/WOE/Bakonawa/ETC. class. Just FUN and challenging

#31 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

As of right now, I don't know any Super Novices that didn't use Turn ins, leech from parents, or use God items to achieve level 150. It seems normal to use these resources if they are available to you.....

#32 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

simple thing would be to add more SN only gears... to help make up for the crap they gotta deal with... obviously nothing on par with 3rd classes but maybe able to compete vs Ninja and Gunslingers and TKM/SL

Even a little less so would be acceptable. Just something new, they updated the lvl cap of players and monsters, gave gears to every other class. Why not SN? The challenge was upped a lot, how about we upgrade the tools a little? Not unreasonable

#33 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

As of right now, I don't know any Super Novices that didn't use Turn ins, leech from parents, or use God items to achieve level 150. It seems normal to use these resources if they are available to you.....

Supers in Turn-Ins are like unwanted step children, they pretty much get pushed away because of their "paper-like" qualities. I've literally sat around with a chat room and PMing random leaders to see if i could join their turn-in parties for hours and nobody wants them, because they're pretty much weak and not exactly wanted by the general public in parties.

The point is to make them a bit more useful so people will want them a little more. Frost Nova is only so useful up until you have TIs with water or undead mobs that can resist freeze, Heal is nearly pathetic with 200 SP only total or so to work with about 40 SP per heal.

I can spend all the money I have to try and improve the gears but that won't change much if the skill set is garbage and the HP/SP Pools are even worse.

Heck I'd take an alternative Mora Set for SNs if the effects were fairly decent at least.

Edited by Senkasa, 11 June 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#34 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

I'd be happy to party with 20 SN's if i could find them! I think that would be fun!

#35 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Turn-ins are ok if you actually hunt the items and not buy them. God equips defeat the purpose of SN's since you have to make an alternate character to acquire. An SN should be able to make it on their own valor and hard work on that character alone not need to be bought to 150

#36 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Supers in Turn-Ins are like unwanted step children, they pretty much get pushed away because of their "paper-like" qualities. I've literally sat around with a chat room and PMing random leaders to see if i could join their turn-in parties for hours and nobody wants them, because they're pretty much weak and not exactly wanted by the general public in parties.

The point is to make them a bit more useful so people will want them a little more. Frost Nova is only so useful up until you have TIs with water or undead mobs that can resist freeze, Heal is nearly pathetic with 200 SP only total or so to work with about 40 SP per heal.

I can spend all the money I have to try and improve the gears but that won't change much if the skill set is garbage and the HP/SP Pools are even worse.

Heck I'd take an alternative Mora Set for SNs if the effects were fairly decent at least.

Seffisaur's attitude towards the SN ordeal is amusing. So, taking it from Seffi's endlessly optimistic point of view, I'd say go for broke and farm for an Arc Angeling card. Double drops is in effect, 3x for VIP iirc, so using the HE bubblegum from the forced password exchange would probably make this the best opportunity to try. That card would solve the SP pool issues, wouldn't it? (I wonder if it would stack if you had three... oh the dreams~!)

Maybe this could be a new player challenge. Nothing bought from vend shops, using only drops and NPC vends. It'd work on the honor system, but hey...

#37 ScepticalChymist

ScepticalChymist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

I 150'ed my SN months ago with only turnins from lvl 105 onwards. No God items. As for turnin parties, I queued up in Eden like everyone else, and never got refused into any parties.

Interestingly though, I'm satisfied enough with my current SN build and equips that I main it during WoE.

Sceptical

#38 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I 150'ed my SN months ago with only turnins from lvl 105 onwards. No God items. As for turnin parties, I queued up in Eden like everyone else, and never got refused into any parties.

Interestingly though, I'm satisfied enough with my current SN build and equips that I main it during WoE.

Sceptical

Try lvlin on ur own, and I bet u will be licking the ground so many times. Even if AA card resolve sp, whats the point if ur damage is still crap.

#39 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

You can actually get good damage out of a SN.

But don't matter since people will welcome a SN in a TI over a GX.
And it's not the novies fault that they can't grind effectively. All the non-AoE character builds have this issue.

Edited by TheSquishy, 11 June 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#40 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

You can actually get good damage out of a SN.

But don't matter since people will welcome a SN in a TI over a GX.

Good damage will cost u 1K per attack plz. It actually hard getting into a party for TI, the only reason they let u in is caz they feel pity for ur squishy class.

#41 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Good damage will cost u 1K per attack plz.

lol, see mechanic and genetic "please"

#42 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Still better chances than a GX and that's all that matters in the end.

#43 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

WhY sO SeRiOus?!?!?!?

#44 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

lol, see mechanic and genetic "please"

Last time I remember Cannon Ball,and Vulcan Bullet don't cost 1k

#45 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Last time I remember Cannon Ball,and Vulcan Bullet don't cost 1k

Right, lets not forget magic mado fuel, liquid cooling bullets, bottle grenade, acid bottle, thorn seed, blood sucker. Or by the off chance you're not a mado mech, maximum power thrust, high speed cart ram. 1k is a pale comparison to pay. Leveling with mammo only is like 700k/hr max, I know I've done it on 5 characters. Vulcan bullet is the worst skill in the game, shame on you for even mentioning it.

On the topic of the thread: Why not boost SN a little more? Not saying they need to be on par with 3rds, but trans at least. That's the only class I see that HAS to level with TI's, which makes me sad.

#46 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Right, lets not forget magic mado fuel, liquid cooling bullets, bottle grenade, acid bottle, thorn seed, blood sucker. Or by the off chance you're not a mado mech, maximum power thrust, high speed cart ram. 1k is a pale comparison to pay. Leveling with mammo only is like 700k/hr max, I know I've done it on 5 characters. Vulcan bullet is the worst skill in the game, shame on you for even mentioning it.

On the topic of the thread: Why not boost SN a little more? Not saying they need to be on par with 3rds, but trans at least. That's the only class I see that HAS to level with TI's, which makes me sad.

Even with 1K per attack, u still be licking the floor most of the time. and besides Maximum power thrust last for 3min so at most 100k a hour, and why high speed when u can axe tornado.

#47 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. And Kentoriyama you put it best i think, as far as I know SN's can't reasonably hit 150 without god equips or TIs. I think most SN players would be overjoyed to be able to solo their way to 150 without gods/TIs. Parties are nice and I'm all for but when you can't or don't want to play with others or would rather grind elsewhere it should be POSSIBLE to do on their own with SN equips.

On the party note, if anyone wants to party up anytime my current SN is 76/56 Azura-Sea.

Before i forget, most of my levels were earned without TI, admittedly i believe 5-7 levels may have been gained, but I collected those items with that character by killing those monsters. I prefer it that way though i wouldn't push it on others, its just I feel TIs for me ruin the point of the SN/Ragnarok Online in general. There is no sense of accomplishment (which is half the point of the SN lets face it XD)

#48 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

@Skeptical Thats awesome! What build and equips do you use? A WoE semi-capable SN (or full if it is, sorry I mean no disrespect)
(

#49 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

@Skeptical Thats awesome! What build and equips do you use? A WoE semi-capable SN (or full if it is, sorry I mean no disrespect)
(

probably something we dream we can afford.

#50 Miori

Miori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

I love super novice and have one on my own (lvl 103/19) but I am really sad that TIs seem to be the only way to bring it up. I don't wanna be leeched, I wanna PLAY and enjoy my super novice, but its not enjoyable if you die on every 5th monster because its to strong for you, even its in your level range. And because of the level penalty I can't level up on weaker monsters. Yes, super novice is a fun character, but then it SHOULD MAKE FUN, but it doesnt under this conditions. I don't want super novice to be pushed up to be strong as a 3rd job character, but a little update would be fine.

If you want a suggestion:

A wish of mine would be a skill quest for super novices lvl 100+ for getting the copy skill from the rogue class, so super novice can copy a skill it likes from 1st, 2nd and 2nd trans classes. That would give it the possibility for getting a mobskill of its choice no matter if you are melee or magic type super novice. That would give super novice a big improvement, without overpowering it, I think. Also a quest for a first super novice only skill would be nice, for example a support or passive one, that increase your hp & sp a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users