Extended SN and the like - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Extended SN and the like

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#51 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

I just want to say that Wanderers would like to complain about this thread too. I don't ever recall seeing any Wanderers leveling on their own after balance patch.

#52 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Go ahead its an open discussion. I've never made a wanderer so i don't think i can really judge. I know they have a lot of supportive skills which probably means the attack ones are few in number and not really powerful enough i would be guessing?

#53 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Once they get to buffing super novices I will stop complaining. Until then I demand they be buffed so they can actually be fun for once :/

SN was never intended to be easy to play. It was intended to be a challenge. They're SUPPOSED to be hard to play and level. I expect the class was created in response to people who made perma-novices, back in the day. (People still do make perma-novices; I saw a lvl 99 novice outside Izlude within the last couple months.) If you're asking for something to make SN easier to play, then you're missing the point entirely. Far as I'm concerned, they should never have made the specialized super novice gear (angelic guard, etc,) although I do use them. The one thing that does bug me in terms of SN limitations is what people mentioned above: that SN's run up against a ceiling where they can't kill the monsters necessary to level anymore; this could be easily dealt with by eliminating the hated level restriction for experience for monsters below your level. That thing needs to go; it would benefit all classes, not just SN's, There's really no good reason to have it.

#54 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

No one cares about Super Novices...

Wrong.

#55 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

There are dozens of pressing issues, doing anything with super novices is a fat -_- waste of time and resources. Why should they help a small handful of players who purposefully chose to play a terrible class? Why don't we fix the other classes that over a thousand other players play?

#56 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:01 AM

I believe you underestimate the SN population.

#57 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

Also the issues should be taken care of in the order they arrive, but that's just my opinion :/

#58 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

There are dozens of pressing issues, doing anything with super novices is a fat -_- waste of time and resources. Why should they help a small handful of players who purposefully chose to play a terrible class? Why don't we fix the other classes that over a thousand other players play?

Then in that case they sure as hell are not touching suras or rangers anytime soon~

#59 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Everyone take a second and really think what a Novice really means...now putting super in front of that is basically saying Super Noob. Now making a noob on par with actually warriors is just saying boy scouts to have the same equipment as the soldiers of the Army. Come On now really guys? Really? :p_err:

#60 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Everyone take a second and really think what a Novice really means...now putting super in front of that is basically saying Super Noob. Now making a noob on par with actually warriors is just saying boy scouts to have the same equipment as the soldiers of the Army. Come On now really guys? Really? :p_err:

Yes but these boy scouts grew up to be men, is it so mean to deny then the equipment they need to survive? If the skills aren't being overlooked I'd at least want level 100+ equips exclusive to an S.Novice to make it a little easier. From 45-99 it was pretty much no problem because you had access to all available skills, from 100-150 it's a very rough road because you're severely limited by your offensive capabilities.

You can point at me and call me selfish as such but you can tell S.Novices aren't going very far or very fun unless more appropriate equipment is released/developed with these guys in mind... :p_sad:

Edited by Senkasa, 12 June 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#61 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Super Novices irl:

Posted Image

#62 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

My god Creza, what have you unleashed upon my eyes... @_@

#63 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I don't mind about the skills that much (i'll deal with it)

@Ironplushy : I didn't choose wide open eyes since it is my first characters (i tought that seing all skills at once with the same character would help me to know what i like and then make my decision for other charaters in my style) And then I started to like it real much...

What I would really like now that i'm 88/56 is a better pool hp/sp and/or better equipment

something that could help us or at least give us survivability on better ground

cause even if you have all the better hp boost card (and the full set of angelic) you still have less than 100 defense wich is poor cause event with 4000hp if you take 4 hit at 1000 you are still dead.

and to be at least equal to the eden armor , the angelice protection must be +14 to have the same defense....

yeah ... real much fun to play that is bad cause we cannot be good damage dealer (i don't mind) but we cannot be a good supporter either... nor status dealer...

I had lot of fun playing with it.. but the more I go, the more i rage

and for seffisaur my character is Carroum on valk i'll try to find you

#64 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

You people are forgetting something.....

PLAYING A SUPER NOVICE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CHALLENGE. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSE TO MAKE IT EASIER BY SUGGESTING A SKILL OR STAT BUFF/BETTER EQUIPMENT CHOICES FOR IT.

When I read your post, it made my eye twitch.

They were, I repeat, they WERE a challenge in Pre-Renewal. But like someone previously mentioned, they are immensely behind the mechanics of renewal. It's not about if you've played a Super Novice or not, they have not gone through any changes since they were created, nor have they had any new equipment. What is the change? Base to 150, and new 50 job levels, of which half or most skills are a complete disappointment.

SNs are out-dated and RO is not balanced around them. Then why bother keeping them at 150?

Edited by MrKisuke, 12 June 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#65 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

super novice united, we shall raid kRO office till they give in. Pick up ur pitchfork and step forward.

#66 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

my current complaint about super novices would be the inability to wear the new mora gear. the wand of affection and the judgement mace. even though those are both weapon lvl 4 and one handed, we still can't equip those with super novice spirit buff from soul linker. we're supposed to be able to equip ALL one handed lvl 4 weapons with soul link.

both weapons would be incredibly useful to have as suno.

also i feel like we got a crappy set of skills for the extended suno. faith and stalk is nice, the rest is pretty lame.

Edited by Agahim, 12 June 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#67 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks SN's got shafted hard in the skill department...

#68 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Once upon a time,

back in the days of old.

There were characters of first and second jobclass. They would reach 99 and battle in the great War of Emperium.

Enterprising players, bored with the game and wanting a challenge, created novices and first job characters with the intent of reaching them to 99.

For these players, struggling against adversity, working with a handicap, and blowing peoples' minds, was the reward.

Gravity took notice of these players. As an homage to their method of enjoying ragnarok, a simple nod was given to these players in the form of the "supernovice".

While this was not a full fledged class with any new features, it was designed to be a fun diversion and something to make those hard working players special. For with them, in mediocrity, they would still shine.

Several years later, some new players on the international iRO server mistakenly believed that being good in the end gamer should be handed to them regardless of what class they choose, including defeating the purpose of "challenges" by bridging the difficulty with "buffs" to their chosen class.

Thank you for reading this tale!

#69 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I don't mind about the skills that much (i'll deal with it)

@Ironplushy : I didn't choose wide open eyes since it is my first characters (i tought that seing all skills at once with the same character would help me to know what i like and then make my decision for other charaters in my style) And then I started to like it real much...

What I would really like now that i'm 88/56 is a better pool hp/sp and/or better equipment

something that could help us or at least give us survivability on better ground

cause even if you have all the better hp boost card (and the full set of angelic) you still have less than 100 defense wich is poor cause event with 4000hp if you take 4 hit at 1000 you are still dead.

and to be at least equal to the eden armor , the angelice protection must be +14 to have the same defense....

yeah ... real much fun to play that is bad cause we cannot be good damage dealer (i don't mind) but we cannot be a good supporter either... nor status dealer...

I had lot of fun playing with it.. but the more I go, the more i rage

and for seffisaur my character is Carroum on valk i'll try to find you

Verit Card for HP, SP.
Remover Card for HP.
Lude and Quve Combo for HP, SP.
Choco Card for Flee, P Dodge.
Puente Robe for Heal Buffs.
Andre Card for ATK.

At least, that's what comes to mind when I think of how to play a Novice/Super Novice. Maybe that's just me being naive. :<

#70 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Once upon a time,

back in the days of old.

There were characters of first and second jobclass. They would reach 99 and battle in the great War of Emperium.

Enterprising players, bored with the game and wanting a challenge, created novices and first job characters with the intent of reaching them to 99.

For these players, struggling against adversity, working with a handicap, and blowing peoples' minds, was the reward.

Gravity took notice of these players. As an homage to their method of enjoying ragnarok, a simple nod was given to these players in the form of the "supernovice".

While this was not a full fledged class with any new features, it was designed to be a fun diversion and something to make those hard working players special. For with them, in mediocrity, they would still shine.

Several years later, some new players on the international iRO server mistakenly believed that being good in the end gamer should be handed to them regardless of what class they choose, including defeating the purpose of "challenges" by bridging the difficulty with "buffs" to their chosen class.

Thank you for reading this tale!

Unfortunately, these younglings have forgotten this tale and believe in the "SUPERNOVICE MUST SAVE THE DAY WITH SUPER POWERS" now.

#71 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

@ Jaye And Ceru, I can't speak for the others but I'm not looking for super novices to be on par with 2nd or 3rds. Just want to be able to 150, as all other classes can, get to 150 without the need for god equips or TI's. If they bothered to update the SN level cap to 150 we should get updated gears. Nothing major. This is not unreasonable. Not SUPERPOWERED SN's, just hard earned 150 SNs.

#72 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:21 PM

@Balthi, those card combos are almost essentials to the melee build, and are a fantastic combo. That being said, it loses its power against on equips that protect me up to the 99 range.

#73 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

What I don't get is why SNs have the third job EXP Table if they're essentially underpowered compared to even a second class. Equips exclusive to 100+ and that would bridge the gap between ATK/DEF/MATK would be nice.

#74 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

But you are a Novice...why should u have warrior armor when the class is a freaking Novice...you are the bottom of the food chain in class and importance so please stop it your a Novice dude...a novice.. :p_err:

sorry if i sounded rude fyi..

#75 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

A novice is at the bottom of the food chain, a SUPER Novice is higher on the chain, an EXTENDED SUPER NOVICE is at the top. Why would they extend the Super Novice class for no reason? Just so they can get a kick at people trying to figure out builds with what was provided? The challenge from 45-99 was fun both Post and Pre-Renewal.

But 110+ For me the only choice is literally FS and hoping I can cover for 1/4 of a priest. It's not exactly fun if you can't really do much supportive.

Sure you have quagmire to help out. I'm not sure if Heaven's Drive even serves a real purpose later on... Frost Nova is a bit of a joke for freezing when you could've gotten storm gust instead.

Edited by Senkasa, 12 June 2012 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users