Extended SN and the like - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Extended SN and the like

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I believe if you soul-link a super novice they can equip a level 4 weapon and the weapon stays on after the soul link expires.

#102 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

I believe if you soul-link a super novice they can equip a level 4 weapon and the weapon stays on after the soul link expires.

I prefer the game use some common sense.

#103 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

It stays on even after the link expires, but the weapon (Or headgear if you do that) is unequipped when you change maps. It was funny equipping a Hurricane Fury and getting an aspd of 30 :P

Edited by kentoriyama, 13 June 2012 - 05:48 AM.

#104 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

while that's true, the main problem with soul link is, it cancels on map change. that means no soul link for turn-ins after 100+ since there's no way for you to get the soul linker to the turn-in map anymore. which really sucks.

#105 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

It is small changes like making a link work across maps and for a duration instead that would make a huge difference.

Edited by Seffisaur, 13 June 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#106 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

This is also the game breaker for me. I dont think they want you to rely on those buffs for that reason which is pretty stupid because that's the only way you're getting new headgears/weapons out of it.

Super Novice Link also has a chance to erase your death record and give you +10 Stat Buffs If you're over job level 70 I believe. Yep they do.

Edited by Senkasa, 13 June 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#107 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

Verit Card for HP, SP.
Remover Card for HP.
Lude and Quve Combo for HP, SP.
Choco Card for Flee, P Dodge.
Puente Robe for Heal Buffs.
Andre Card for ATK.

At least, that's what comes to mind when I think of how to play a Novice/Super Novice. Maybe that's just me being naive. :<

verit card got it
remover card (ok.. but then I have to let go at least 40 def)
lude and quve... yeah sure...
choco (even the eden mantle got better flee rate to start with so this is a joke)

I got a nine-tail but then need to upgrade my mantle to +9
puente robe.. sure.. again.. poor defense if compare to eden armor

and not telling that if I don't put my shield because I want at least an average aspd.. then the hp/sp bonus from the angelic set goes pouf...

don't want to trade def for hp... I want better choice for equipment

#108 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

I think you are forgetting that before super novice classes the perma novice had to grind significantly weaker enemies than normal to get 99 since they had no skills or hp.

Just don't forget Renewal system punishes you if you do that. :heh:

#109 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ah yes, 10 levels higher is optimum and i think its starts to drop heavily after 3-5 levels below

#110 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

The experience precentages linked from iro wiki heh. Though truth is from pre renewal to renewal... even with those experience penalties you still level faster then pre renewal. On the other hand, that's still a lot longer then normal classes.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Experience

Just give us our gear ! heh. extended supernovices should not be considered novice anymore so all those gears that say all classes but novice should be wearable! heh. Love to see this updated. I want to go crazy on a super nov. Though atm i'll probably play super nov on pre-re server heh. be fun, but agony to get to 45 base while trying to go mage class so hmm... yay? heh.

Edited by ValheruWolf, 13 June 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#111 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

I have set up a facebook page for SuNo supporters. Using it to find parties, make friends, build ideas for gears, maybe more. Come and like it!

http://www.facebook....lineSuperNovice

#112 Miori

Miori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Please guys dont compare an sn with priest or wanderers. I have an arch bishop myself and lvling it is very awsome. Getting a share partner and you can go and level up everywhere ^.^ Everyone who creates a support class character should realize it IS a SUPPORT class character. Of course you need a party, this classes are made for that. And these characters are really usefull for every party. But a super novice cant do that. A super novice has always been a solo character. He can't give heal and buff support, because of the low sp, he can't give area buffs like wanderers. Super Novices are useless for parties, so there are just few people who would take super novices with them, for nothing, while priests and wanderers are always welcome to almost every party. Taking a super novice with you, mostly means leeching it, not lvling together. Thats the big different. I never had problems with lvling my arch bishop, even when it was just a priest. But going up to lvl 150 as a super novice is not a challenge anymore, its an unreachable goal if you don't wanna be leeched in TIs or lvling at magmarings for the rest of your life. And like I already said, I don't want an overpowered super novice, I just want a realistic chance.

#113 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:18 AM

i haven't been rejected from TI parties so far.
saying sunos are useless and not meant to be supporters is stupid though. (sunos can fill any role except maybe tank).
while they lack aoe buffs and healing ability on par with third classes they can still do quite a bit.

apart from buffing and healing they are excellent dispellers (cure, status recovery, detoxify) and have fairly useful disabling skills (stone curse, freeze, quagmire, provoke) aswell as protective skills such as pneuma and savety wall.

the sp pool is a problem but can be managed with proper gear. equipping a super novice is expensive, but that's probably the way its meant to be since sunos are more for players who are already tired of all their high level characters.

despite that i still think sunos have alot of problems currently that won't be adressed because most players prefer to complain about their main classes not being able to one-shot everything with aoe skills.

not a single super novice in this thread asked to be strong, all they asked for was to be able to get to 150 on their own, and that really doesn't seem to be too much to ask for.

Edited by Agahim, 14 June 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#114 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

saying sunos are useless and not meant to be supporters is stupid though. (sunos can fill any role except maybe tank).
while they lack aoe buffs and healing ability on par with third classes they can still do quite a bit.

apart from buffing and healing they are excellent dispellers (cure, status recovery, detoxify) and have fairly useful disabling skills (stone curse, freeze, quagmire, provoke) aswell as protective skills such as pneuma and savety wall.

the sp pool is a problem but can be managed with proper gear. equipping a super novice is expensive, but that's probably they way its meant to be since sunos are more for players who are already tired of all their high level characters.

despite that i still think sunos have alot of problems currently that won't be adressed because most players prefer to complain about their main classes not being able to one-shot everything with aoe skills.

not a single super novice in this thread asked to be strong, all they asked for was to be able to get to 150 on their own, and that really doesn't seem to be too much to ask for.

inb4suracomplaints. The best I ever asked for in each thread was either a buff to the HP/SP Pool, or a proper change to the skill tree to things that actually will have a use. <_<
Im sorry but with a weak MATK system and hypnotists rod, I dont even want Firewall or Heaven's Drive. kRO Has proven they can modify skill prerequisites because the Prereqs for Gloria are FAR DIFFERENT for a priest than an SN. Quagmire still has its uses at the very least.

I dont know why they're so afraid to at least give them more useful offensive/supportive skills. Magnificat would have been a HUGE saver to the SP problem, and Kyrie would've been nice to keep em safe. I would've at least liked AOE Spells as well or Storm Gust to be more useful during parties since nowadays most warlocks are using SG to disable mobs. I also would've liked to see resurrection for real use.

Axe Mastery is a joke without Weapon Perfection/Adrenaline Rush and I would've rather just kept Faith since Holy Cross is pretty much impractical at higher levels.

SN's can almost play every role however they cannot replace the full class, especially the thirds so why not just give em a better selection of second class skills?

*Sigh* I honestly want to hope kRO is working on improving them but in reality I think they've just abandoned it altogether. At best Inubashiri may be working on equipment to help SNs have an easier time leveling up, so I'm anxiously waiting, hoping for results. Working on two pieces of equipment for a class that hardly has second class offense has to be fairly difficult, especially to make it decent/doable.

Edited by Senkasa, 14 June 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#115 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Here in Ygg, we don't really give a crap about your class unless it's a bio 3. As long as we got Ranger and AB, you're in. Aren't we nice? <3

#116 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Here in Ygg, we don't really give a crap about your class unless it's a bio 3. As long as we got Ranger and AB, you're in. Aren't we nice? <3

That makes one of the potential 800 in Ygg.
Odds are about the same in Valk. :p_sad:

#117 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

well either nice or desperate.

#118 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

the sp pool is a problem but can be managed with proper gear. equipping a super novice is expensive, but that's probably the way its meant to be since sunos are more for players who are already tired of all their high level characters.

Actually my main is a super novice :p_laugh:

inb4suracomplaints. The best I ever asked for in each thread was either a buff to the HP/SP Pool, or a proper change to the skill tree to things that actually will have a use. <_<
Im sorry but with a weak MATK system and hypnotists rod, I dont even want Firewall or Heaven's Drive. kRO Has proven they can modify skill prerequisites because the Prereqs for Gloria are FAR DIFFERENT for a priest than an SN. Quagmire still has its uses at the very least.

I dont know why they're so afraid to at least give them more useful offensive/supportive skills. Magnificat would have been a HUGE saver to the SP problem, and Kyrie would've been nice to keep em safe. I would've at least liked AOE Spells as well or Storm Gust to be more useful during parties since nowadays most warlocks are using SG to disable mobs. I also would've liked to see resurrection for real use.

Axe Mastery is a joke without Weapon Perfection/Adrenaline Rush and I would've rather just kept Faith since Holy Cross is pretty much impractical at higher levels.

SN's can almost play every role however they cannot replace the full class, especially the thirds so why not just give em a better selection of second class skills?

*Sigh* I honestly want to hope kRO is working on improving them but in reality I think they've just abandoned it altogether. At best Inubashiri may be working on equipment to help SNs have an easier time leveling up, so I'm anxiously waiting, hoping for results. Working on two pieces of equipment for a class that hardly has second class offense has to be fairly difficult, especially to make it decent/doable.

Inu better make a super novice set with +10,000 hp + 2000sp +250% sp regain +25 aspd, +100% att/matk, +Demi-human damage/reduction, and enable the use of some skills. caz if kRO is not gonna fix it, at least fix it through some gears :pif:

Even if I walk around with a backpack and greed everything? :p_love:

Edited by TrashBag, 14 June 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#119 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Well those equips might be a tad optimistic, i get a decent aspd so i dunno about needing that. But to get SN's over 10k hp overall would be nice and same with the sp. And the attack up 100%. woah, how about the weapon just does more damage eh?

#120 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Actually The HP/SP Bonus would be nice... +10k/2k is a tad much but I do want to see them having more SP so I can actually support parties better.

#121 onyxyno

onyxyno

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

I agree to the point that SN is a fun class and you have to deal with some disadvantages. But why did they nerf the hypno staff so hard? oO Pre-renewal it was fully competitive and the best weapon for a caster SN. But now it's useless crap and you have to use lvl 4 staffs with soul link. What's the point to give this stick 200 Matk like wizardry staff (pre renewal both staffs: 25% + MATK)?

#122 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Also the all gear access stat deduction might be a cool revolution/recreated element to the game that could be for SN only or maybe even all classes.....Imagine the possibilities! It wouldn't happen due to the magnitude of the project. Every equip would need class specific stats/bonuses. Or the intended classes would get the boost and others not. Good idea for the Ideas forum

About the gear access stat deduction is nothing but old news when using Soul Link - Below is an example.

It stays on even after the link expires, but the weapon (Or headgear if you do that) is unequipped when you change maps. It was funny equipping a Hurricane Fury and getting an aspd of 30 :P

Even with Shield on, they have 10 less aspd. They already have negative effects on SNs using gears through Soul Link. And the biggest problem about that is - you can't change map or relog once Link is over. Otherwise you'll have to link your self again. Which is a pain to drag a Linker around with you! Aside from that, there are many more problems which have been mentioned. As well as many of the people that hate SNs. If you don't like this idea, then stay out of this thread. Is that really much to ask? Is it really that hard? Lol.

#123 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

They don't wanna see super novices being potentially good.. I for one support it. For heavens sake they are THIRD classes. You should not punish super novices for going to third. The point of third class is to be stronger and better than the previous class, I feel everyone is missing the point of that. Even wanderers and maestro's are better than their previous classes so my point still stands that they should be rewarded for reaching third, not punished even more with no change to their HP or sp or a decent selection of offensive skills

#124 bakumansuki

bakumansuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Yeah the only reason why ppl make SN is because they are cute.. other than that idk what else (vend and warp slaves maybe) ;O
The are pretty famous class back after they had arrived, many ppl excited with the class and try making one,
but now all class got trans and 3rd job while they are just the same old SN with only update they could lvl up till 150,
I agree SN should get buff ^^
eventhough i didnt hve one, I always allowed them in my party cause Im pretty excited to see them performs.

#125 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yeah the only reason why ppl make SN is because they are cute.. other than that idk what else (vend and warp slaves maybe) ;O
The are pretty famous class back after they had arrived, many ppl excited with the class and try making one,
but now all class got trans and 3rd job while they are just the same old SN with only update they could lvl up till 150,
I agree SN should get buff ^^
eventhough i didnt hve one, I always allowed them in my party cause Im pretty excited to see them performs.

They are indeed, my favorite looking class!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users