Extended SN and the like - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Extended SN and the like

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#76 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Not to mention, the only reason they are made and leveled enough to be merchants because they are no longer fun. They added the ability to 150 without making it fun. The angelic set just need a sequel. It is not an overpowered armor by any means and a 100+ set would not make it on par with 3rds or 2nds. I really feel this should not upset other classes. We were given one set to help us 99, now one for the extended should take its place to 150. I can't see any reasonable argument against this. I am open minded. The history lesson only powers this point of mine. pre-renewal SN's had a special set. Since they did update them it should be a BALANCED update.

#77 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Not to mention, the only reason they are made and leveled enough to be merchants because they are no longer fun. They added the ability to 150 without making it fun. The angelic set just need a sequel. It is not an overpowered armor by any means and a 100+ set would not make it on par with 3rds or 2nds. I really feel this should not upset other classes. We were given one set to help us 99, now one for the extended should take its place to 150. I can't see any reasonable argument against this. I am open minded. The history lesson only powers this point of mine. pre-renewal SN's had a special set. Since they did update them it should be a BALANCED update.

I'd be heavily interested in Inubashiri's possible set then. They did mention making gear specifically for a Super Novice and Novice, iirc.

#78 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

Shin I see your point, but like I say, I feel that a new set of Angelic type equips as they are to 99ing, the new set would be to 150. Angelics aren't OPed, so make the sequel! :D

And Balthi do you have a link!!? Or could you leak a little more info about that.

Edited by Seffisaur, 12 June 2012 - 06:45 PM.

#79 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Here you go.

It's possible for the proposed equipment to be integrated into the game. At the moment, Inubashiri and those other people working on the project are demoing the gear in the OP, and looking for feedback. SN/N equipment hasn't been demo'ed yet, but supposedly will come.

The OP will change, linking to a different set of gear when Inubashiri is ready.

#80 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Novice - n. someone who is new or inexperience to the task or activity

Even if you put,

"SUPER, EXTENDED, MEGA, AWESOME, IMMORTAL, GODLIKE" in front of the word "Novice", you cannot change the fact that Novice is not someone better than a NOOB.

You can get Level 150 Super Novices killing level 100+ monsters in Nogg, but it will probably take you months to get. Pretty sure the same can be said to some 3rd classes like Full Support Bishop if they had to heal bomb stuff to level 150..... <_<

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 June 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#81 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Nope good sir even at a 150 Super Novice you still at the bottom...of the class game and importance....just accept your Novice destiny Novices are pretenders they pretend to play dead, pretend to be a actually class, pretend to be serious. Kro knew what they was doing when they made this class they where laughing the whole time because they knew someone was gonna take this Novice serious.

I mean damn the class is the Tutorial of Ragnarok you really thought you would be that important?? :heh:

#82 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

Seeing as they haven't dropped the class it deserves its balancing. And I am still waiting for a valid argument against a new SN equip set thats strength is greater but relative to the Angelic. Its perfectly fair. All other classes get new equips regularly and fair is fair.

Also thanks for the link, I will look it over now!

Edited by Seffisaur, 12 June 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#83 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Pretty much.

Novice is the class zero.
Then Super Novice is a "second" class with the mechanics of a first class. Perfectly planned.
And the Extended super novice is a "third" class with the mechanics (in this case skills) of a second class... Oh wait. This is where kRO forgot to plan stuff. Bad skills, no real updates to equipment, and so on.

That's why one of the strongest monsters a novice can face post-110 are still... Magmarings. So yeah, novices are challenging and fun until 99. After that, they are like decorations. Regardless of people saying "it should be challenging", after level 100, it's a decoy.

Someone remembers when the SN staff (Hypnotist's Rod) gave 25% MATK, same as the Staff of Destruction pre-re, but SoD had way more effects? Now the novice staff dropped MATK to 125 while SoD has 280, keeping the same effects?

Curiously, one of the best equipments (Besides Angel Set and god items) a level 100 Super Novice can use right now is Eden. The same Eden Gear people criticize people getting 150 with it, being the best gear of a class? (This is 100% true in case of weapons. Less true in case of armors)

#84 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

@asayuu: Office of kRO: "Okay, let's finally give Super Novices a Third Job! However we'll give it to them as a joke, prepare all the worst offensive skills possible except maybe one... you know, let's toss in a rebirth wizard skill like... stave crasher yeah, then let's send it to iRO and reap the benefits!" *Troll Face*

I actually lucked out today, some nice Sura decided to take my novice into a TI party, the one thing to happen in a blue moon which I probably will never see again!

#85 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nope good sir even at a 150 Super Novice you still at the bottom...of the class game and importance....just accept your Novice destiny Novices are pretenders they pretend to play dead, pretend to be a actually class, pretend to be serious. Kro knew what they was doing when they made this class they where laughing the whole time because they knew someone was gonna take this Novice serious.

I mean damn the class is the Tutorial of Ragnarok you really thought you would be that important?? :heh:

I can say the same for dancer too, they're made for fan service, merc is just there to make zeny, and genetic are terrorist bomber, but nothing is stopping them restriciting them.
Atleast full support AB are always demanded for party, and We can't even play dead anymore.

#86 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

@asayuu: Office of kRO: "Okay, let's finally give Super Novices a Third Job! However we'll give it to them as a joke, prepare all the worst offensive skills possible except maybe one... you know, let's toss in a rebirth wizard skill like... stave crasher yeah, then let's send it to iRO and reap the benefits!" *Troll Face*

I actually lucked out today, some nice Sura decided to take my novice into a TI party, the one thing to happen in a blue moon which I probably will never see again!

I got piss, and decided to create my own party after so many refuses.

#87 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

I got piss, and decided to create my own party after so many refuses.

I lucked out, I dont think ill ever see that again ;n;

#88 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Pretty much.

Novice is the class zero.
Then Super Novice is a "second" class with the mechanics of a first class. Perfectly planned.
And the Extended super novice is a "third" class with the mechanics (in this case skills) of a second class... Oh wait. This is where kRO forgot to plan stuff. Bad skills, no real updates to equipment, and so on.

That's why one of the strongest monsters a novice can face post-110 are still... Magmarings. So yeah, novices are challenging and fun until 99. After that, they are like decorations. Regardless of people saying "it should be challenging", after level 100, it's a decoy.

Someone remembers when the SN staff (Hypnotist's Rod) gave 25% MATK, same as the Staff of Destruction pre-re, but SoD had way more effects? Now the novice staff dropped MATK to 125 while SoD has 280, keeping the same effects?

Curiously, one of the best equipments (Besides Angel Set and god items) a level 100 Super Novice can use right now is Eden. The same Eden Gear people criticize people getting 150 with it, being the best gear of a class? (This is 100% true in case of weapons. Less true in case of armors)

I think you are forgetting that before super novice classes the perma novice had to grind significantly weaker enemies than normal to get 99 since they had no skills or hp.

Edited by Jaye, 12 June 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#89 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Now Pre-Renewal I remember doing that. I had some generous people tank Alligators and other passive higher-level monsters for me to kill when they had time. I forgot why I did a permanovice at that point I thought it was just funny.

Edited by Senkasa, 12 June 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#90 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

I can say the same for dancer too, they're made for fan service, merc is just there to make zeny, and genetic are terrorist bomber, but nothing is stopping them restriciting them.
Atleast full support AB are always demanded for party, and We can't even play dead anymore.

I was talking about Novices in general super or plain old Novice either way they a pointless class to buff period.

they gave you iron fist bro...that shows they don't care about you.

#91 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Considering Novices can't even use knuckles yeah It's a JOKE. They even gave Hilt Binding, Weaponry Research (Im still not sure if the HIT+ on this works or not), and STAVE CRASHER of all things. IF they can give trans skills, why not just give Meditatio so they can at least fill in for a priest.

Edited by Senkasa, 12 June 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#92 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I was talking about Novices in general super or plain old Novice either way they a pointless class to buff period.

they gave you iron fist bro...that shows they don't care about you.

I rather do more with wep than no weapon.

#93 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Considering Novices can't even use knuckles yeah It's a JOKE. They even gave Hilt Binding, Weaponry Research (Im still not sure if the HIT+ on this works or not), and STAVE CRASHER of all things. IF they can give trans skills, why not just give Meditatio so they can at least fill in for a priest.

Because super novices aren't supposed to fill in for any real class. they are meant to derp around in pvp for an extra/different challenge.

#94 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Eh. Out of everything I would like to see extended super novices being able to use all daggers (meaning including level 4 weapons that are daggers) They are limited to certain types of weapons and armor, just would like them to be able to use some of the newer stuff that follows that trend so the trans only stuff? yeah please. on exended only. so basically gotta be a level 100 super nov to use anyways. Just make it viable for the ultra high end rather then basically a level 99 artificial cap.

Everyone take a second and really think what a Novice really means...now putting super in front of that is basically saying Super Noob. Now making a noob on par with actually warriors is just saying boy scouts to have the same equipment as the soldiers of the Army. Come On now really guys? Really? :p_err:

My true opinion on the super novice class is that you are no longer a true novice as in someone who is new to the world. you have learned, fought and while you don't specialized you are a jack of all trades and a warrios or whatever you want to be, but a master of non as a specialized class has the skills that you will never reach.

Which is why the thing that annoys me the most is not the skills... the HP/SP (though that does sucks to) the stats or any of that, but what annoys me is just the equipment limitations when you have technically surpassed being a super novice and have become something more. (they really need to rename that class heh)

Edited by ValheruWolf, 12 June 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#95 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

@Valheru, it would appear as though you and I are on the same page. The biggest problem is the gear limitation. The jack of all trades should be able to use some trans gears and maybe its just cause I am a fan of hand to hand and suras but maybe give novices the fist weapons if your going to give that skill, even if its the lowest fist weapons. While a rename isn't priority, it would be cool, and hey, while were on the little stuff i can dream of an add on to the cross on the chest plate of the novice just to show that they are 100+ or a new arm tattoo. This is more like stuff I will hold in the dream category though XD, just fun to think about

Edited by Seffisaur, 12 June 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#96 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

this game lack common sense, I am sure any1 can pick up any type of weapon or armor, I am sure anyone can swing around a sword, or an axe. Sure u might not be as skilled as someone that specialized on that specfic equipment. I say let super novice equip any equipment with a little downside to it.

#97 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

this game lack common sense, I am sure any1 can pick up any type of weapon or armor, I am sure anyone can swing around a sword, or an axe. Sure u might not be as skilled as someone that specialized on that specfic equipment. I say let super novice equip any equipment with a little downside to it.

S

So like having stat deductions when wearing gear of other classes?

Super Novice is the kid who took all of courses in the college but didn't receive a degree I understand it now..they are great at being not so great at anything.

Btw you guys are making my time away from RO wonderful :Emo_12:

#98 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

@Balthi, thanks again for the link I looked over a good number of the pages. People should really read other posts on that thread, too many people mentioning OP, i feel bad they have to remind them that they are concepts to be tested and refined and approved by a higher authourity. I'll see if I can scrounge up some threads/posts with gear ideas and send them to Inubashiri as a jump start/idea pool. Though I'll save it until the headgears they are on now are worked out and the schedule opens up a little bit.

#99 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

@ShinWolf, GOOD! I'm not the only one. :D This isn't meant to be some heated debate over what the best class is or what class deserves the most attention. Just a general discussion on the SN, the SN expansion, what people like and dislike about them, it, ragnarok, whatever! We are all different people and like different things, we all play our own way, and what we consider fun is relative to each of us. SuNos are my favorite because they are the jack of all trades. I love the access to soo many different aspects in one person because I relate to the very idea itself. I have too many hobbies to keep up with. But I do my best to learn what I can and enjoy them each. Its me, in RO. AWESOME!

#100 Seffisaur

Seffisaur

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Also the all gear access stat deduction might be a cool revolution/recreated element to the game that could be for SN only or maybe even all classes.....Imagine the possibilities! It wouldn't happen due to the magnitude of the project. Every equip would need class specific stats/bonuses. Or the intended classes would get the boost and others not. Good idea for the Ideas forum

Edited by Seffisaur, 12 June 2012 - 09:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users