Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3] - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Team Inubashiri Headgear Package Preview [Preview 3]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#51 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

OH YES, FAP TIME.

O.o

#52 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

*points to RK hat*

Where ?:o
Was it in the older topics?
Which now seem to have disappeared :(

#53 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Where ? :o
Was it in the older topics?
Which now seem to have disappeared :(

Here is your Youmu ribbon.
https://docs.google....Z1vOud-XcASDoLA

#54 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Here is your Youmu ribbon.
https://docs.google....Z1vOud-XcASDoLA

Nice!
I'd definitely bring my RK out of retirement for that.
There's so many I want.

Realistically speaking, how hard can we expect these to be to get.
Will it be feasible to get a lot ?

#55 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

You will need to make a new character(s) if you want to get multiple hats as the quests to obtain them will be non-repeatable.

Edited by zr0rieu, 27 June 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#56 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

You will need to make a new character(s) if you want to get multiple hats as the quests to obtain them will be non-repeatable.

I didn't mean multiples of one type.
But one of each.
Which could still be quite a task, depending on just how long and difficult the quests will be.

#57 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Ah, well the quests will be class specific so it'll still require you to do multiple quests on different characters.

#58 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

non-repeatable? was this decided later on? Recall Inubashiri saying they would be repeatable. So people can spend as much time as they want over-upgrading (and breaking).

Edited by Tetsamaru, 27 June 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#59 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Repeatable, but account bound reward.

#60 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

It's still in the process of being decided on, but I'd think it should be non-repeatable despite it being account bound.

#61 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Already slatted for a second edition of gears, most will be generic but I thought I'd include one specifically for that.

awesome.

#62 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Lol @ PoPo and her fap time.

The ranger stuff makes me excited. So glad I reset back to failfire trap build on my ranger. That hat looks like it'll be nice to get back the damage of fire trap before it was changed to fire element (at least on non-earth monsters anyway.. water element monsters will still need to be maize-trapped first, but still not too bad) More attack is always good to have too, and since if you're trapper you get max trap research, that's a good +50 atk.

#63 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Ah, well the quests will be class specific so it'll still require you to do multiple quests on different characters.

Yes I know.
I'm just asking how long and hard we can expect them to be.

Will they require any team effort like taking down a semi-mvp or be completely solo-able.
Will they require huge amounts of items, like 5000 ribbons + 1000 black dye to make one black ribbon
Will there be mini game type challenges like kill some of the 3rd job quests
Can you complete one a day, or will it be more like a weeks worth of effort.

#64 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes I know.
I'm just asking how long and hard we can expect them to be.

Will they require any team effort like taking down a semi-mvp or be completely solo-able.
Will they require huge amounts of items, like 5000 ribbons + 1000 black dye to make one black ribbon
Will there be mini game type challenges like kill some of the 3rd job quests
Can you complete one a day, or will it be more like a weeks worth of effort.

Think about the sign quest. A couple of the quests are annoying as hell, due to the amount of time-based cooldowns.

#65 Satos

Satos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Oh my goodess. I like your Linker hat, Hitaikakushi [1].
The only thing that could make it better would be to give it the same SP leech that the Rideword Hat has at +9.

My Linker uses a Rideword with Arc Angeling Card in top and mid.
The thing is nearly indestructable....Just slow.

Your hat solves the slow issue....but with all the auto casts, I think SP shortages will be experienced on a massive scale.

The hat looks amazing, though!
If I had to make a comprimise, I'd rather drop the % chance to Kaupe, and replace it with:
Adds a 1% chance to restore 4% of the damage dealt as SP to the user with each physical attack.
If refined to +9, Adds an additional 4% of the damage dealt as SP to the user with each physical attack.

Edited by Satos, 27 June 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#66 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hmmm this is extremely interesting. I guess it would work, but usually changing the skill itself (besides damage function) is pretty hard, so they don't usually do it. This is definitively another option to consider though - although it might be unbalanced for those who can actually easily reach 190-193 aspd, on top of having +% proc chance, would be too strong. Maybe only a few people can do it but still - *if* the hat would double proc chance, I would spend all my family's money to get 193 aspd + the hat lol.

That was one of my worries that it could be too strong and could be easily abused. Honestly though, I think can't really be too abused too badly in terms of what spells can we usually use which is either Storm Gust or Meteor Storm because they can't overlay one another and the 5 second cast lockout it gives.

Only reason why I suggested it because the skill seems to be SO depended on having the high aspd to keep it going but in my opinion I don't think we need THAT MUCH. I almost at the borderline for 181 and I think it does just fine for me but I do not know about my other counter parts would agree with this or not.

Well, I don't think it's possible, unless they make a huge code like:

"If you have the skill x, you get 10% chance to autocast it on the level Shadow Spell says".

And this for every magic auto-casted by SS, which means the code would be huge. Possible, is, but I don't even would LIKE to see the code size to do it.

That's what I figured since they were trying to buff it up by other means like more Matk or more ASPD because that's obviously easier to just do so (we seen so many items like that already).

Though I have seen cards like sword guardian and arrow guardian that gives skill damage increase so I'm not completely suuuuure that it would be too much of a stretch like to give 5-10% more chance to proc Shadow Spell at like level 10 or whatever. They already did it with the White Wing set I don't think it could be that far off. Maybe if we limit it to only one level of the ability?

But Idk, I'm just throwing anything out there to help out since I did do a lot of outside game balancing and such like that. This is why I'm hoping they might let opening testing to see how it goes or numbers from their own testing and see how every comes together up.

Edited by Serigeese, 27 June 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#67 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:20 PM

Well, I don't think it's possible, unless they make a huge code like:

"If you have the skill x, you get 10% chance to autocast it on the level Shadow Spell says".

And this for every magic auto-casted by SS, which means the code would be huge. Possible, is, but I don't even would LIKE to see the code size to do it.

Also missed that last part you were saying, maybe if they just do Storm Gust or Meteor Storm but I can understand that part. Anyway, just shooting out there what I'm thinking for discussion.

#68 eminnerick

eminnerick

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:29 AM

Change the super novice ones to like something fun.
I understand my idea won't get implemented.
And would be difficult to do.

Magic super novices.
Add a skill that lets them turn into vampires make a sprite, and while a vampire increases matk by 100, -2 cast delay.

Melee super novices.
Add a skill that lets them turn into warewolfs(wargs), while a warewolf increases atk by 100, increases aspd by 10.

Just my idea, or maybe I watch to much true blood. >.<

#69 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

Magic super novices.
Add a skill that lets them turn into vampires make a sprite, and while a vampire increases matk by 100, -2 cast delay.

Melee super novices.
Add a skill that lets them turn into warewolfs(wargs), while a warewolf increases atk by 100, increases aspd by 10.

Yea we think so ..... :D

#70 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

It's still in the process of being decided on, but I'd think it should be non-repeatable despite it being account bound.

that's just silly, what's the benefits of not having it repeatable? you can only wear one set anyway. and since it's account bound you can't sell it for profit either.

the headgears have effects when overupgraded though, so its likely that people break theirs and if they can't get a replacement afterwards they're puppy since you'd have to make a new character in order to get it again.

as long as the quest isn't extremely short/easy people won't "farm" those headgears in order to overupgrade them without enriched or HD ores.

so solution: make the quest repeatable but don't make the quest too short.

Edited by Agahim, 28 June 2012 - 07:10 AM.

#71 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

that's just silly, what's the benefits of not having it repeatable? you can only wear one set anyway. and since it's account bound you can't sell it for profit either.

the headgears have effects when overupgraded though, so its likely that people break theirs and if they can't get a replacement afterwards they're puppy since you'd have to make a new character in order to get it again.

as long as the quest isn't extremely short/easy people won't "farm" those headgears in order to overupgrade them without enriched or HD ores.

so solution: make the quest repeatable but don't make the quest too short.

Repeatable, but account bound reward.

:|

#72 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Magic super novices.

Melee super novices.

You watch too much true blood...

#73 MrKisuke

MrKisuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

I say... the SN headgears HP bonus should be that of the Brynhild at least =3

And as I mentioned before, a different and more cooler design xP

#74 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Also missed that last part you were saying, maybe if they just do Storm Gust or Meteor Storm but I can understand that part. Anyway, just shooting out there what I'm thinking for discussion.

Hmmm... They could do only MS, SG and Water Ball... Because everything else is worthless, haha.

Would be pretty nice actually... I wish I had a chaser myself to play though. *looks to Sakray* D:

#75 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

So in a way having a long quest is there to stop people from farming them to overgrade?
If that's the case, could you not tone done the length of the quests a bit and just add a timer for when you can repeat, like gramps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users