Map adjustments for Classic - Page 5 - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map adjustments for Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#101 Anemoi

Anemoi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Bring back the Wind Ghost map please. @ Glast Heim Staircase, gl_step

Niflheim town map(niflheim)
- Add Lord of the dead. He's got no natural spawn at the moment and this is where he originally spawned, it makes sense and it's perfect for the purpose.

I saw him there a week and a half ago actually.

Edited by Anemoi, 24 July 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#102 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Bring back the Wind Ghost map please. @ Glast Heim Staircase

Good point. Just visited this map yesterday and it was terrible. I'd suggest the following changes to it;

Decrease raydric archer to 5.
Remove wraith?
Increase wind ghost from 15 to 70 instant and 50 on a 2 minute delay.
Remove mimic's spawn delay. Keep all of the 30 mimics there.

^ increased number of good mobs, constant mimics(annoying but not super dangerous, also decent rares) and a few annoying ranged mobs.

#103 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Make magma spawns better!

#104 EnkiAO

EnkiAO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

This Tuesday, doing Comodo and glast heim area revamps. Will move out from there for Thursday's update.

Does anyone know what is meant by "area revamps?" Will the spawns go back to 13.2 ways? or will spawns be increased? etc.?

#105 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

http://rode-r.doddle...rldmap_fantasy/

Tolrin posted my spawn suggestions earlier in this thread, and I thought I'd go over a little why I think these changes are interesting or viable.
First off, you should really reference the map to see exactly what I'm suggesting!

The general idea with the suggestions was that it mainly keeps the original theme of the map, or attempts to strengthen the theme of the map (either elemental, racial, or just visual). Secondly, there is a focus on increased spawn density. I attempted to manage roughly how many monsters appear on a map, and tweak how far a player generally has to go to find another monster. Higher density are more conducive to partying as they allow you to kill monsters faster with less movement. It conversely makes soloing (and as a direct result botting) harder to do effectively, so you kind of have to balance it out.

For example, Easly pointed out that I suggested 110 raydrics on Chivalry 2. This isn't actually as radical a suggestion as it first sounds; post renewal there are 90 raydrics on the map. At present on classic however the map is rather sparse, with there being on average 1 monster per 382 walkable tiles of map (If you spread all the monsters evenly across a grid, that would make 1 monster every 19 tiles in each direction). Note that that's any monster, not just Raydrics, as there's raydrics, archers, and jokers, etc on the map. With the numbers I suggested, the map would be 1 monster per 229 tiles. That's a little less density than say the un-adjusted anolian map, and roughly half as many monsters on average as clock tower high orcs before it was adjusted.

So here's some ideas, and reasoning behind it. Keep in mind these are just what I would consider if I were in charge, I guess they're suggestions then. Also, refer to the map at the top of the post for actual spawns!

Ant Hell:

This zone is pretty neglected, even by low level players. What I'd do is migrate the low level stuff to floor 1 from being split between the two. Vitata increase, removal of Giearth and Familiar. I'd increase the respawn time on the ant eggs a bunch, but make way more spawn around the map. Phreeoni will remain down there, and maybe a few martins to keep theme.

For floor 2, it would be a bit of a different place. The idea I was thinking was making it an earth centric zone, with Giearth and Arclouze. Arclouze aren't popular, but they match thematically (as they're also mob of maya/maya purple), and it would be no fun not to give them a map of their own. Giearth don't get a map of their own either, so it's a good match, two mid level earth monsters. To up the ante, I would add 2 maya purples.

Beach Dungeon:

This set of maps rarely gets visitors, which is a shame, cause some of the monsters are fairly good to hunt. First, the west cave. I'd up the medusa count, drop the number of pest monsters (pest/neraid/trijoint) and add in Megaliths. Medusas can be killed with Magnus Exorcismus, and Megaliths are Pneuma-able. It's an angle I'd like to promote. Tao Gunka would be re-added as well, and Chimera dropped, since he's better suited to GH with his raydric archers.

The north dungeon is traditionally stalactic golem zone, and I'd like to keep that. More golems, slightly less megaliths, and pest monsters focus mostly on neraids now.

The east dungeon, I'm not sure what to do with it. Tri-joint's difficulty matches similarly to Thara Frog, so I thought I might combine them, along with aster and shellfish. That kind of hurts Thara hunting, but they'll be available in bailand too.

Clock Tower:

1f - This isn't a strong leveling zone at all, and the map is huge. Improving the region spawn punks in the left side of the map is the only change.

2f - No big changes at all, beyond perhaps lower rideword spawns. This is a strong mage and maybe hunter leveling zone, so the spawn doesn't necessarily need to be high.

3f - Upped Alarm spawn to post-renewal level, cause it is pretty awesome post renewal.

4f - Re-designing this place to be a killer zone. Owl Dukes, Owl Barons, lots of 'em. Some alarms, some clocks, some teddy bears, as they kind of fit the clocktower. I imagine it would be a very strong place to party with a wizard.

b1 - Anolians need to go somewhere, and stemworms just don't suit this place. Moving the old anolian spawns to this map.

b2 - High Orcs, Orc Archers, and Brilights. Brilights work way better than arclouze do, as you can generally avoid them and take high water element damage. There's more high orcs, and fewer archers.

b3 - Not largely changed from before, but with slightly reduced respawn times on penos (5 mins -> 3mins)

b4 - Bathories, in their original glory restored to the map.

Geffen Tower:

1f - More or less unchanged to current classic. Maybe a few more spores.

2f - Kind of a strange combination with classic and pre-renewal. Jakks, whispers, nightmares, argos.

3f - This zone sees a big re-invention. It is largely adjusted for the holy type classes, particularly grand cross and magnus builds, but everyone can benefit. The map consists of Deviruchi, Marionette, Whispers, Nightmares, some nightmare terrors, and uncommon appearances from incubus/succubus and dark priests. Of course, and everyone's favorite doppelganger.

The idea for this comes largely from jRO, which had a similar spawn change (actually a bunch of the changes do). They added nightmare terrors, hodremlins and gremlins, and took out the non demon stuff. It basically become the ultimate ME map. I don't know if those fit though, hodremlins and gremlins, so I took something a bit more geffen-ish.

Glast Heim!

Outdoors - Not a big change, one or two extra knight of abyss for freaking out all the good noobs going through the zone, but otherwise no big change.

Castle 1f - This map is a real downer, so fixing it is a tough call. I'm going for a theme here, mostly Carat's and Jokers (as neither of them make appearances anywhere else). There's also some sageworms, and the odd dark frame.

Castle 2f - Ooh man, this map is a real show stopper now. The raydric spawns have been turned up to 11, wanderers still run rampant, and a few abysmal knights and khalitzburgs round out the experience. Oh, and Baphomet, cause he didn't want ot leave.

Church - The map is largely a Evil Druid centric map, with a bunch of ghouls, and a few wraiths. There's a couple brilights too, as well as a few Dark Priests.

Churchyard/Catacombs - This map is a modified classic spawn, with more wraiths, and a split in zombie and skeleton prisoners.

Chivalry 1f/2f - Chivalry 1f and 2f mirror each other fairly closely, the goal is to make 1f easier for lower level or solo players, and 2f to be scary and a good place to party. While I think GH castle 2f is the best zone for grouping, I think this would be a nice place if you're card hunting!

Prison 1f - The map becomes pre-renewal style, with zombie prisoners, injustice, rybio, and hunterflies. Just a little more of everything though... except hunterflies.

Prison 2f - Much like prison 1 was, very close to pre-renewal. Slightly less annoying mobs though, and more injustice and skel prisoners.

I'll keep going in another post later, this takes a good while to write out.

Edited by Doddler, 24 July 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#106 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

Could you consider some good maps for leveling with mercenary, actually the Stem Worm map is quite good for long time for this.
I guess there must be some more easy maps in general with reasonable gains also, fact is that many players are not in a good party or just solo playing.
Instead of judging that consider it as part of the game and excisting. I understand the bot problem but I would avoid designing anti bot maps, it will just bother average players mainly.

#107 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Umbala Field 03 (Parasites):
Increase the amount of Parasites;
Decrease (in like 5 times) the amount of Dragon Flies.

D:

#108 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Can we get a list of these please?

#109 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

What are some mob adjustments for Classic.

I do NOT want a list of what changed before, as this is not before times. This is a new opportunity to be better than that.

Heim
This is the request please update the handy map of all mob changed in classic. Its difficult to know about it. As classic is getting totally customisation.

#110 Levhiatan

Levhiatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

yuno_fild03
-Remove harpys
-Add 20 Sleepers

#111 VtoeingTecH

VtoeingTecH

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

yuno_fild03
-Remove harpys
-Add 20 Sleepers

Agree

#112 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

I do intend on having tao stay in Ayothaya, Lady Tanee will get a new home somewhere when we launch Ayothaya.

How about making Umbala Field 03 her new home? Remove gryphon and stainers. And add in dryads. That way the map can be all plant girls. Leave dragon tails for annoyance. This jungle map would make better sense than having her in Ayothaya shrine. The map is relatively small too, makes it easier to find her when she teleports.

#113 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

I tihnk if you are going to make changes to maps why not make them exciting like Doddlers? instead of just dumping random monsters pm to other maps...

#114 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I tihnk if you are going to make changes to maps why not make them exciting like Doddlers? instead of just dumping random monsters pm to other maps...

Doddler's looks of just pre-renewal doesn't it? Lets do things a few steps at a time, there's no rush.

I hope there's gonna be a post explaining the spawn changes because I haven't seen it yet~

#115 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

How about making Umbala Field 03 her new home? Remove gryphon and stainers. And add in dryads. That way the map can be all plant girls. Leave dragon tails for annoyance. This jungle map would make better sense than having her in Ayothaya shrine. The map is relatively small too, makes it easier to find her when she teleports.

Maybe 04 is better, or in the bottom of the YGG tree (before Niff) might be interesting too.

#116 Ryochizan

Ryochizan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Lol I actually enjoy killing the harpy on my Sin.

#117 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I thought about 04 too, but realized its way too close to the town, like Tao Gunka in comodo. Umbala Dungeon 02 is too big imho. Also, I think the map layout doesn't go well with her teleporting, hunting her will be like hunting Mistress in a map with more aggressive spawns and map obstacles.

Edited by krossfire, 24 July 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#118 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I thought about 04 too, but realized its way too close to the town, like Tao Gunka in comodo. Umbala Dungeon 02 is too big imho. Also, I think the map layout doesn't go well with her teleporting, hunting her will be like hunting Mistress in a map with more aggressive spawns and map obstacles.

They can always Nerf her heal or add a cooldown on the skill.

#119 idontcare

idontcare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

I THINK WE SHOULD GET LOUYANG WITH NO MANTIS AND x4 GAO SPAWN

LIKE A BOSS!!!!!

#120 Levhiatan

Levhiatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members