Map adjustments for Classic - Page 3 - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map adjustments for Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#51 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

how about low end monster like muka?

I will take this into account and add some low end monsters to my post.

#52 vaxel

vaxel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

We don't need mob adjustments, we need more maps.

Sleeper map pl0x.

#53 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I will take this into account and add some low end monsters to my post.

Needs a map friendly for 1st class axe-users. Pecopecos, mukas, and savages on the same map!

#54 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

We don't need mob adjustments, we need more maps.

Sleeper map pl0x.

We need all the maps added in before any real adjustments should be made. The only adjustments right now is to increase mob density of the maps.

Each and everymap should have a reason why people want to be on it. Once all the maps are added 50% of the maps should have some mini-bosses or MVP on them. Spread the MVP out more. Most maps should have at least 1 dangerous mob, this makes it fun.

Example For Boss:

1. Phreeoni -> Right now he spawns in Ant Hell 1 every 1 hour. Now he could be added to 3-4 different maps on a 2 hour timer or keep the 1 hour timer. I recommend keeping the 1 hour timer and making him spawn in 3-4 different maps. Why? Because this allows more people to camp the bosses and not just 1 group camping all of them since they are usually camping multiple bosses and will not have time to camp all the spawns.

Example For Dangerous Mob:

1. Most Maps except the beginning maps should have a strong monster.
Sandmap Map -> 80 Sandman Instant Respawn and 2-4 Sleepers 5-10 Min Respawn.

Map adjustments are great, however all maps needs to be added before any real adjustments happen.

Please add Lighthalzen and Homunculus soon. The Alchemists really needs their pet!

*EDIT* and this is for people disliking afk alchemist. There are tons of bots everyone those are much worst then afkmist and really alchemist without their pet doesn't have anything great for their class.

Edited by DeTahMonster, 21 July 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#55 TooLowForZero

TooLowForZero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Lighthazlen comes after Trans, iirc.

1.0 Beta (The start of the adventure)
2.0 Glast Heim
3.0 Al de Baran
4.0 Comodo
5.0 Yuno
6.0 WoE
7.0 Umbala
8.0 Amatsu & Kunlun
8.1.1 Niflheim
8.1.2 Louyang & Jawaii
8.2 Ayothaya
9.0 Rebirth
10.1 Einbroch
10.2 Lighthalzen
10.3 Noghalt
10.4 Hugel
11.1 Rachel
11.2 Veins
11.3 Nameless Island & Moscovia
12.1 Satan Morocc
13.1 Ash Vaccum--
13.2 Into the Unkown--

Edited by TooLowForZero, 21 July 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#56 Vivanco

Vivanco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

gl_knt1 (Glastheim Chivalry):

- Reduce Ridewords
- Add Khalitzburgs
- Add Abysmal Knights (with instant spawn)

definitly reduce the ridewords. they are too much.

#57 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

We need all the maps added in before any real adjustments should be made. The only adjustments right now is to increase mob density of the maps.

Each and everymap should have a reason why people want to be on it. Once all the maps are added 50% of the maps should have some mini-bosses or MVP on them. Spread the MVP out more. Most maps should have at least 1 dangerous mob, this makes it fun.

Example For Boss:

1. Phreeoni -> Right now he spawns in Ant Hell 1 every 1 hour. Now he could be added to 3-4 different maps on a 2 hour timer or keep the 1 hour timer. I recommend keeping the 1 hour timer and making him spawn in 3-4 different maps. Why? Because this allows more people to camp the bosses and not just 1 group camping all of them since they are usually camping multiple bosses and will not have time to camp all the spawns.

Example For Dangerous Mob:

1. Most Maps except the beginning maps should have a strong monster.
Sandmap Map -> 80 Sandman Instant Respawn and 2-4 Sleepers 5-10 Min Respawn.

Map adjustments are great, however all maps needs to be added before any real adjustments happen.

Please add Lighthalzen and Homunculus soon. The Alchemists really needs their pet!

*EDIT* and this is for people disliking afk alchemist. There are tons of bots everyone those are much worst then afkmist and really alchemist without their pet doesn't have anything great for their class.

I don't really like the idea of adding too many bosses. However, I agree with adding some strong monsters with a fix spawntime on several maps that are favourite botting places.

As for the bosses, I really hope they won't do something like that, also I hope they will never do stupid mvp card events like on aRo, or MvP summoners like on the other iRo servers. I think MvP Cards should always be hard to obtain, they need to be something "special". Otherwise Ragnarok wouldnt really be "Classic", atleast thats my opinion.

#58 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I don't really like the idea of adding too many bosses. However, I agree with adding some strong monsters with a fix spawntime on several maps that are favourite botting places.

As for the bosses, I really hope they won't do something like that, also I hope they will never do stupid mvp card events like on aRo, or MvP summoners like on the other iRo servers. I think MvP Cards should always be hard to obtain, they need to be something "special". Otherwise Ragnarok wouldnt really be "Classic", atleast thats my opinion.

Classic server should actually be just pre-renewal upgraded. Not Classic like in the old days. I've played RO since beta and I like everything up until Renewal.

A game should reward you as you progress. You want to build your characters and get them stronger for a reason. At this current stage in Classic server you are only allow to grind which is fine however even if you progress you character there is nothing stronger for you to fight. I want the option to grind on weak monster and when I build my character strong enough to kill strong monster for better rewards/exp.

About the MvPs if there is only 1 of them they will be camp 24/7 and no one else will even get a chance at them. This is why a majority of people like MvP Summoner/Bloody Branches and the likes.

My suggestion about making most MvPs spawn in 3-4 maps will be a great idea to improve the game overall and allow more group/guilds to camp different MvPs and not just one group/guild.

Camping MvPs can get really stressful especially when your up against guilds that are much more powerful than you. Add more MvPs will just help, there won't be enough time for a single guild to camp all of them.

#59 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

I agree with an adjustment after more maps are implemented.

There will be some good level spots
Einbroch maps: Metaling, Porcellio, Geographer
Hugel Maps: Groves
Moscovia dun lvl1
etc.

#60 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

^^ Yep. Don't forget also Mi Gao, Leaf Cat, Tamuran, WindHills, Ice Titans, Siromas, Vanberk, Dragons.. I could go on and on.

I've actually found a few places now that I never see anyone else at where I'm getting 4m exp/hour. I know the maps are limited now, but more will come. It's only been two weeks, and had it not been for rental gear, I think a lot of us would be much lower level than we are now. Have some fun and explore a bit, you might find something like I did. I could rush to 99, but instead I'm making a lot of zeny instead, while building up all the different characters I'll need later on.

I think having a new city open once a month to go hunt items in is a really fun idea.

#61 Courtis

Courtis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

What are some mob adjustments for Classic.

I do NOT want a list of what changed before, as this is not before times. This is a new opportunity to be better than that.

I don't get it. So the spawns will be different later from what they used to be. Like we are supposed to customize the maps? WTH
What's next? Adjusting droprates? Customize MVP Cards? Reduced God Item ingedients?

Please please please please don't make classic worse than a pserver :<

#62 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Is there a wild rose map?

#63 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Is there a wild rose map?

Yes there are 40 wildrose in cmd_fild05.

Check out: http://rode-r.doddle.../worldmap_ep5/#

#64 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

Classic server should actually be just pre-renewal upgraded. Not Classic like in the old days. I've played RO since beta and I like everything up until Renewal.

A game should reward you as you progress. You want to build your characters and get them stronger for a reason. At this current stage in Classic server you are only allow to grind which is fine however even if you progress you character there is nothing stronger for you to fight. I want the option to grind on weak monster and when I build my character strong enough to kill strong monster for better rewards/exp.

About the MvPs if there is only 1 of them they will be camp 24/7 and no one else will even get a chance at them. This is why a majority of people like MvP Summoner/Bloody Branches and the likes.

My suggestion about making most MvPs spawn in 3-4 maps will be a great idea to improve the game overall and allow more group/guilds to camp different MvPs and not just one group/guild.

Camping MvPs can get really stressful especially when your up against guilds that are much more powerful than you. Add more MvPs will just help, there won't be enough time for a single guild to camp all of them.

You don't get the point dude, the whole reason of MVPing is, to hunt a Monster that is extremely rare and hope in vain that it might drop the card someday. Do you honestly think that more people will be able to kill some MVP's if you add them to other maps? It wont happen, because the big guilds will just camp the new MVP's aswell. Especially the weak MVP's are like 10 seconds work for big guilds. They do it professional, they have Warp Accounts and all that sh!t, believe me I know what I'm talking about, I've been hunting MVP's for years. The only thing you achieve with adding more MVP's is flooding the Server with MVP Cards that should actually be rare and not a common item.

MVP hunting is supposed to be Highend Content and not something that every noob can compete in, it may suck for the people that don't have the time or patience to level and equip their characters in such a way that they can hunt MVP's effectively, but that's life.

#65 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

You don't get the point dude, the whole reason of MVPing is, to hunt a Monster that is extremely rare and hope in vain that it might drop the card someday. Do you honestly think that more people will be able to kill some MVP's if you add them to other maps? It wont happen, because the big guilds will just camp the new MVP's aswell. Especially the weak MVP's are like 10 seconds work for big guilds. They do it professional, they have Warp Accounts and all that sh!t, believe me I know what I'm talking about, I've been hunting MVP's for years. The only thing you achieve with adding more MVP's is flooding the Server with MVP Cards that should actually be rare and not a common item.

MVP hunting is supposed to be Highend Content and not something that every noob can compete in, it may suck for the people that don't have the time or patience to level and equip their characters in such a way that they can hunt MVP's effectively, but that's life.

Someday... someday... what you are aiming at is just delay.

Why not delay it until it never drops then or make MvP on a 24 hour spawn timer. Eventually a MvP card will drop, eventually this and that.

It may take 10 seconds to kill a weak MvP however going around finding it does take some time and when they are camping stronger MvPs as well it takes even more time to camp more MvPs. The more MvPs there are the better no matter what. More people get a chance at them.

RO should cater towards all type of players and this will yield them the most profits. What you are saying is that casual players will never get a chance to even see a MvP.

You really don't get the point with your response. Why do people like MvP summoner? Bloody branches and the likes? That is because they get to MvP solely to themself, however adding more MvPs to maps gives the weaker character a chance at some MvP and more competition instead of just freebie MvPs.

Currently all MvP will be camp 24/7 because there is enough time to do so. Prepping, finding, killing even the weakest MvP takes 3-5 minutes.

Big guilds cannot camp all the MvPs if more are added.

This is the perspective:

1 Guild Camping

1x Pheeroni 3-5min
1x Maya 3-5mins
1x Mistress 3-5mins
1x Baphomet 5-15mins
1x Darklord 5-15mins
and all the other mvp they want to camp.

With the current MvP spawn it's easy to camp all MvPs.

Now lets say each MvPs are added to 4 different maps on a 1 hour timer so there are 4 of each.

4x Phreeoni 12-20 mins
4x Maya 12-20 mins
4x Mistress 12-20 mins

Ok so in 1 hour these guys still camp but they will not be able to camp the rest. Fyi these are just weak MvPs, if the guilds are camping the even stronger MvPs like Valkyrie Randaris, Ifrit, Bishop, Bee and so on it takes even longer and more MvP will be available to the rest.

The more MvP you are camping the more and more stressful it gets. More MvP = more items, yes that is true however this is just speeding things up. Even if you look there are still only 4x of the same MvP so MvP cards are still rare. All this does is speed things up and makes it more fun. Having 2x of the same MVP is just like using a BubbleGum on 1 MVP. Same Logic.

I prefer this then adding MvP summoner/bloody branches, which will be added anyways. If I get a choice between this or MvP summoner/bloody branches then I would take this. I like Mvp Summoner/Bloody Branches however I believe this map adjustment would be better overall.

I beleive this makes it more fun for everyone.

Edited by DeTahMonster, 22 July 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#66 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

I have a question when will Moscovia be open to train in?

Edit : I know it may be a long time but I can have a little hope right?

Edited by HikariYari, 22 July 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#67 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

I have a question when will Moscovia be open to train in?

Edit : I know it may be a long time but I can have a little hope right?

Probably years, they are not capable of adding new maps atm.
But suggest a map with Les hmmm, there are already many things ingame that were never present in episode 5+.

#68 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

Probably years, they are not capable of adding new maps atm.
But suggest a map with Les hmmm, there are already many things ingame that were never present in episode 5+.

I don't think years are required this map was added in before Renewal.

#69 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:59 AM

I don't think years are required this map was added in before Renewal.

Stuff Happening:
- We will be adding new maps at fairly quick intervals, if you have a favorite you want implemented then chime in another thread! My current front running picks are Einbroch area, or 2 Expansion towns on July 12th.

As you can read we already should have new maps.
There is nothing said why it is delayed. Likely there are problems and we will not see any new maps soon.
That would explain why this proposal to tweak the current maps is made.
I am afraid it could take months before we get a new episode, then Moscovia will take years.

#70 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

Moscovia would be rly nice :)

@StyxNL
The patch notes says that the map adjustments will be on 24th. We are currently at episode 13.2. It's just the Map database from episode 5. But they want to add new maps in short intervals so they have to customize all these maps(removing dead warps, adding warps to other fields etc). But you're right, nobody can tell when the add new maps. Maybe on 24th. I assume they are nearly done with the einbroch maps and are currently just testing.

#71 lyndelein

lyndelein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Someday... someday... what you are aiming at is just delay.

Why not delay it until it never drops then or make MvP on a 24 hour spawn timer. Eventually a MvP card will drop, eventually this and that.

It may take 10 seconds to kill a weak MvP however going around finding it does take some time and when they are camping stronger MvPs as well it takes even more time to camp more MvPs. The more MvPs there are the better no matter what. More people get a chance at them.

RO should cater towards all type of players and this will yield them the most profits. What you are saying is that casual players will never get a chance to even see a MvP.

You really don't get the point with your response. Why do people like MvP summoner? Bloody branches and the likes? That is because they get to MvP solely to themself, however adding more MvPs to maps gives the weaker character a chance at some MvP and more competition instead of just freebie MvPs.

Currently all MvP will be camp 24/7 because there is enough time to do so. Prepping, finding, killing even the weakest MvP takes 3-5 minutes.

Big guilds cannot camp all the MvPs if more are added.

This is the perspective:

1 Guild Camping

1x Pheeroni 3-5min
1x Maya 3-5mins
1x Mistress 3-5mins
1x Baphomet 5-15mins
1x Darklord 5-15mins
and all the other mvp they want to camp.

With the current MvP spawn it's easy to camp all MvPs.

Now lets say each MvPs are added to 4 different maps on a 1 hour timer so there are 4 of each.

4x Phreeoni 12-20 mins
4x Maya 12-20 mins
4x Mistress 12-20 mins

Ok so in 1 hour these guys still camp but they will not be able to camp the rest. Fyi these are just weak MvPs, if the guilds are camping the even stronger MvPs like Valkyrie Randaris, Ifrit, Bishop, Bee and so on it takes even longer and more MvP will be available to the rest.

The more MvP you are camping the more and more stressful it gets. More MvP = more items, yes that is true however this is just speeding things up. Even if you look there are still only 4x of the same MvP so MvP cards are still rare. All this does is speed things up and makes it more fun. Having 2x of the same MVP is just like using a BubbleGum on 1 MVP. Same Logic.

I prefer this then adding MvP summoner/bloody branches, which will be added anyways. If I get a choice between this or MvP summoner/bloody branches then I would take this. I like Mvp Summoner/Bloody Branches however I believe this map adjustment would be better overall.

I beleive this makes it more fun for everyone.

Mistress takes longer to kill, Phreeoni and Maya on the other hand usually die pretty quick if you have a good party, so 1-2 minutes~. Also keep in mind that not just one big guild is hunting MVP's, so again adding a lot of MVP's doesnt really solve the problem. You have to accept the fact that low level people will never be able to compete in the big MVP hunt. Even when the big MVP's are ingame, those usually have long spawntimes, so it will most likely be just 1 round of MVP's that the big guilds will miss. Personally I wouldn't mind if they add more MVP's cause I will make more money, but I just think that MVP Cards will become a regular thing, and that is something that is NOT "classic" ragnarok imo. Aside from that, you don't even have to hunt MVPs to get your hands on certain cards. If you know how to hunt Abysmal Knights effectively for example, you can make a lot of money and in a few months have enough money to buy one solo.

As for the Summoner: I wouldn't like that either, but if they insist on implementing it, I just hope that it has a cool down or something like that. I don't want this server to get flooded with MVP Cards. If I want to have that sort of sh!t on my server, I prefer playing on a pserver, I heard those are atleast more stable -.-

#72 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Moscovia would be rly nice :)

@StyxNL
The patch notes says that the map adjustments will be on 24th. We are currently at episode 13.2. It's just the Map database from episode 5. But they want to add new maps in short intervals so they have to customize all these maps(removing dead warps, adding warps to other fields etc). But you're right, nobody can tell when the add new maps. Maybe on 24th. I assume they are nearly done with the einbroch maps and are currently just testing.

I understand that but in practice we are not near to the game from episode 13.2, it is not only the Map database.
The map adjustments seem to be just tweaks for the current maps, otherwise we should be aware which new maps are coming.
I don't expect Einbroch maps on 24 but then you never known for sure with this Oracle.

#73 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

sleeper map 80x spawn

#74 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Fix magma 1 spawns. kahos need to be added and the spawn rate increased

#75 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

For Zenhai Marsh (comodo field 3) remove the greatest generals and add more anolians. Keep that pest at the same to make the map challenging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users