Map adjustments for Classic - Page 4 - Classic Tech Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Map adjustments for Classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

Heim, give us Juperos. Make sure the venatu density is high on level 1 and banish Dimiks to 2 and 3.

Would be much much appreciated. Juperos was one ofthe most fun levelling spots before it got nerfed, and I think if it had a higher density it'd be more funner.

edit: also up density of dimik on level 3 and add a teleporter for people who have finished the quest once to bypass it.

Edited by Xellie, 23 July 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#77 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Most map adjustments were done on the "core" maps which consists of GH, Prontera, Geffen, Comodo, Morroc, Payon and Juno areas. That is where all the shufflings happened over the years. The maps that are outside those areas didn't receive too many changes really, and are set up as their own little biosphere.

The criteria I want to follow is:
- Every monster needs a "home"
- Maps should have some diversity and density, but still be following some sort of sense either in mob element/type/size or level range.

I don't know if we will get all the maps changed over this week, the amount of feedback is great, and will be handy to start on one side of the world and work our way over.

#78 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

There were never any Brilights in GH Prison before renewal. No clue why they're there now on this classic server.

I don't see any point in having multiple MVP Spawns either. Just because there are more maps that have them spawn doesn't mean less competition. The competition for the MVPs will still be the same. Because there's nothing stopping one party from moving to the other map after killing the MVP on one map.

And I see a lot of the changes that's being requested, are that people are saying that they want to be spoonfed their levels. I thought that's what renewal was all about though? So if you want easy levels, why not go play on the renewal servers where it IS the way you're asking? o.O

Edited by ZarethKnyght, 23 July 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#79 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

There were never any Brilights in GH Prison before renewal. No clue why they're there now on this classic server.

I don't see any point in having multiple MVP Spawns either. Just because there are more maps that have them spawn doesn't mean less competition. The competition for the MVPs will still be the same. Because there's nothing stopping one party from moving to the other map after killing the MVP on one map.

And I see a lot of the changes that's being requested, are that people are saying that they want to be spoonfed their levels. I thought that's what renewal was all about though? So if you want easy levels, why not go play on the renewal servers where it IS the way you're asking? o.O

Have you played on the server before Renewal was implemented? I think not..

Alot of those changes requested were in before Renewal was in. This Classic server wants to be better then before and to improve better changes need to be added. Better exp, better maps, better leveling areas, more maps to level on and not just a few good ones.

About multiple MvPs spawns.... I don't think you have even read all my post about them otherwise you would find out that it is indeed better to have more of the same MvPs in difrerent maps. This solution is better then bloody branches/MvP summoner, however I do not think these are bad either.

Did you know you could get 1-99 in 1-2 day before Renewal came along? I don't think you have ever experience fast exp before. There was high end mobs that gives tons of exp and are a huge challenge however characters that are well-equipped could do this.

I played all the way back in the Classic days where pure grinding was needed and was this fun? it was alright however multiple options are better. When you are weak and haven't gotten much equipments for your character you do pure grinding to make zeny/exp, however when you deck out your characters there should be maps with stronger and more challenging mobs with better exp and this was what it was like before Renewal.

You are saying that grinding all day to level up makes the game more challenging? I don't think so, it's just delaying it's purpose. With so much things you can do in RO there is no reason to delay anything for long.

And... brillight was indeed added to prison after one of the patches came along.

Edited by DeTahMonster, 23 July 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#80 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

Multiple MVP spawns, Bloody Branches/MVP summoner, lol.
Custom crap for weak players

#81 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Multiple MVP spawns, Bloody Branches/MVP summoner, lol.
Custom crap for weak players

And.... you haven't read all the posts before posting. :p_swt:

Edited by DeTahMonster, 23 July 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#82 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

if there are any additional MVPs it would be a 24 hour spawn like a phreeoni that is wandering outside his cave or some such.

I do intend on having tao stay in Ayothaya, Lady Tanee will get a new home somewhere when we launch Ayothaya.

#83 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

This Tuesday, doing Comodo and glast heim area revamps. Will move out from there for Thursday's update.

#84 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Is there any way we can get a classic-loki sub-section on the forums for these kinds of threads also the maint thread? I'd like to not have to dig through the forums to find things like this. I also remember the doddler having a good suggestion map of new spawns for classic i do not remember where that went, but it had really good suggestions

#85 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Keep orc lord in orc dungeon

#86 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

I know I am late to the discussion, but it took me a bit to get Doddler to rustle up the map he had made earlier. If we had our way, the dream monster spawns we would want would look something like this:
http://rode-r.doddle...rldmap_fantasy/

Theres several points of focus that I'd like people to keep in mind while looking at this. First of all, general monster locations are preserved, keeping monsters in their native habitats is important for players who know the game being able to find monsters in the right locations. Suddenly moving monsters to strange location is generally a poor idea, in my opinion.

Second of all, there is a focus on increased monster density in general. Higher monster density means several things. You are more likely to be able to earn reasonable experience in a party if there are many monsters to fight, as there is more time fighting monsters and less time moving around. Higher damage in your group benefits greatly from having monsters to kill, and suffers a lot from needing to walk around, which is why solo play or small parties are so prevalent on the current maps. Additionally, mobbing, and mob training in general is reduced when you don't need to run across half a map in order to get enough monsters to bother fighting. This means less conflicts between players for monsters, and less frustration in general with having additional players on maps.

Third, maps are organized in such a way as to be fun and effective for various classes by having the monsters on the map share one or more characteristics, either element, or race, or size, encouraging players to use different set ups for different maps.

Edit: One other important thing is making sure that all normally available monsters remain available. Even adding some things like dark priests in GH Church yard, and the already added iron fists in clock tower can be interesting changes. Also, the niff and umbala maps were not ones that we had looked at before, so those maps don't have any spawns on this map.

Let me end off this post by saying that, in general, I am actually fine with the normal episode 13 spawns on maps. I never had any problem with them, but they do tend to pigeon hole players into a very small set of effective maps. I don't think improving spawns on maps as a sweeping change would have any real negative impacts, and could improve the amount of fun to be had in the game.

Edited by Tolrin, 23 July 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#87 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Could you please fix the magma1 spawns? theres no reason that there should only be like 10 monsters on that huge map

#88 TooLowForZero

TooLowForZero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

http://rode-r.doddle...rldmap_fantasy/

That map is... orgasmic.

#89 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

110 raydrics in chiv2... thats crazy right there

#90 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

110 raydrics in chiv2... thats crazy right there

its a fantasy map, he made every map a spot to lvl / farm "effectively"

#91 NiteWolfX13

NiteWolfX13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

I think my main thing is more demon/undead maps for an ME priest and GC sader builds. There aren't that many. And while I'm guessing this wouldn't be too popular for a change, I would at least like to see the old demon/undead maps to remain.

#92 arthurdayne

arthurdayne

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

More Tower Keepers in Clock Tower floor 3 please, 3-5 instant respawns like they were post Amatsu spawn change would be good.

#93 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Could you please fix the magma1 spawns? theres no reason that there should only be like 10 monsters on that huge map

I agree ... Magma 1 could use increased spawn rate.

#94 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

What are some mob adjustments for Classic.

I do NOT want a list of what changed before, as this is not before times. This is a new opportunity to be better than that.

Please update the handy map if any mob changed done. As we cannot get any information about the maps and which monster is having.
Well according to me mob changed should not have been done in older classic maps.
If anybody wanted mob changed should have been suplemented with new map of same type and different mobs.

I again say please do not ruin the classic style and its mob, it will ultimately loose the charm and interest. I cannot understand why do u need the mob changed in classic? Just to level up fast. What will be left if all player reaches 99 normal in just 30 or 45 days of the server and then again 45 to 60 days for trans 99. Means server will be dead after 6 months where people wont able to do anything henceforth and will start leaving.

So please leave classic as it is and rechanged the mobs back to classic style what it was. Just implement 2 or 3 new maps which can change on weekly basis for mob changes

Now I would never suggest for mob changes in classic map but i know it my view wont be heard. Any ways if you doing mob change please increase the spawn rate of high orc in west orc village by 100%

Edited by Conjure, 24 July 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#95 Sureibl

Sureibl

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

I cannot understand why do u need the mob changed in classic? Just to level up fast.

Levelling up fast really doesn't seem to me to be the point here. The problem is that at the moment with the ridiculously low spawn rates on the majority of the maps there are only a couple maps which are any good, the rest being frustrating and pointless for levelling. Most of the changes suggested would give players more choice and more fun, not just faster levelling (if that was the goal you could just put a higher exp modifier...) Personally if the maps are fixed and levelling is much easier as a result I wouldn't be opposed to decreasing the exp modifier to balance things out a bit.

You have to bear in mind that the maps that come in later updates have the potential for far greater exp rates than anything any of the changes suggested on this thread will produce.

And that Doddler map looks awesome for the most part.

#96 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

if there are any additional MVPs it would be a 24 hour spawn like a phreeoni that is wandering outside his cave or some such.

I do intend on having tao stay in Ayothaya, Lady Tanee will get a new home somewhere when we launch Ayothaya.

If you're going to have Tao in Ayothaya I'd suggest putting Lady Tanee in one of the Umbala field maps since there's no MVPs there and to be honest I feel like she'd fit in a lot better there since it's a jungle environment.

Additional 24 hour MVP spawns are cool too. If we're talking about 24 hour spawns you can add pretty much one more of every MVP without breaking the game. Making MVPs spawn on more maps will probably make the game a bit more exciting.

How about... Mistress on mjolnir_04 field, phreeoni on moc_fild17, dracula in clock tower F4(c_tower4), Maya in glastheim caves 1(gl_dun01), Doppelganger in glastheim castle 1(gl_cas01) all on a 24 hour spawn?

#97 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Keep in mind Lady Tanee is retardedly difficult even for trans chars. Teleport every few seconds, assumptio, 10k offscreen heal, wind element and agi up for crazy flee...not gonna be fun without trans. She should be put in the smallest possible map, say sunken ship 1(I know, not fitting at all but it is an example), so people actually have a chance to kill her.

#98 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

Have you played on the server before Renewal was implemented? I think not..

Alot of those changes requested were in before Renewal was in. This Classic server wants to be better then before and to improve better changes need to be added. Better exp, better maps, better leveling areas, more maps to level on and not just a few good ones.

About multiple MvPs spawns.... I don't think you have even read all my post about them otherwise you would find out that it is indeed better to have more of the same MvPs in difrerent maps. This solution is better then bloody branches/MvP summoner, however I do not think these are bad either.

Did you know you could get 1-99 in 1-2 day before Renewal came along? I don't think you have ever experience fast exp before. There was high end mobs that gives tons of exp and are a huge challenge however characters that are well-equipped could do this.

I played all the way back in the Classic days where pure grinding was needed and was this fun? it was alright however multiple options are better. When you are weak and haven't gotten much equipments for your character you do pure grinding to make zeny/exp, however when you deck out your characters there should be maps with stronger and more challenging mobs with better exp and this was what it was like before Renewal.

You are saying that grinding all day to level up makes the game more challenging? I don't think so, it's just delaying it's purpose. With so much things you can do in RO there is no reason to delay anything for long.

And... brillight was indeed added to prison after one of the patches came along.

I did play before Renewal actually. I used to play on Chaos long before renewal and there were no Brilights there before. I know because I would go there to ME. Did I play right before renewal? No, because I lost interest shortly after the item turn in quests were put in. And from your own post, you don't even know whether Brilights were added before or after renewal. If you can say I didn't play before renewal based on very little information, I can do the same using this. So don't jump to assumptions please. I only stated that I don't remember them being where when I played.

I did read all your posts about the MVPs but you're ignoring the fact that it won't change things much by having multiple spawn locations other than lower the value of the MVP drops. You're ignoring the fact that the same party who keeps claiming the MVPs now can easily lay claim to all spawns unless you want all MVPs spawning on every map with a 1 hour timer or something. What you provided was to make the value of MVP drops to go down and changes nothing else.

I think you mean get from 1 to 99 after renewal came along. Because I don't remember it being possible to get to level 99 in 2 days even WITH botting when I used to play. Unless you mean do it after the item turn in quests were available. Then if you had a large wallet and were buying zeni from 3rd party, yes, you could do it.

I don't remember saying that having to grind all day made the game more challenging. I haven't even said anything about challenge being a factor. For me, the fun came in playing with friends.

#99 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

I did play before Renewal actually. I used to play on Chaos long before renewal and there were no Brilights there before. I know because I would go there to ME. Did I play right before renewal? No, because I lost interest shortly after the item turn in quests were put in. And from your own post, you don't even know whether Brilights were added before or after renewal. If you can say I didn't play before renewal based on very little information, I can do the same using this. So don't jump to assumptions please. I only stated that I don't remember them being where when I played.

I did read all your posts about the MVPs but you're ignoring the fact that it won't change things much by having multiple spawn locations other than lower the value of the MVP drops. You're ignoring the fact that the same party who keeps claiming the MVPs now can easily lay claim to all spawns unless you want all MVPs spawning on every map with a 1 hour timer or something. What you provided was to make the value of MVP drops to go down and changes nothing else.

I think you mean get from 1 to 99 after renewal came along. Because I don't remember it being possible to get to level 99 in 2 days even WITH botting when I used to play. Unless you mean do it after the item turn in quests were available. Then if you had a large wallet and were buying zeni from 3rd party, yes, you could do it.

I don't remember saying that having to grind all day made the game more challenging. I haven't even said anything about challenge being a factor. For me, the fun came in playing with friends.

Yes I did assume a bit of things and was wrong for that however.

Brilights were indeed added to prison before Renewal. You could get 1-99 in 2 days before Renewal this is quite easy. Item turn ins could only get you to 86 unless you used medals, but you don't need to even use or touch them to get to 1-99 in 2 days of 8-12 hours play.

Welp about the MvPs we could just forget about my proposal, Heim post above already scratched my idea. However I still think its better then MvP Summoner/Bloody branches which will be probably added someday and is the main reason the value of MvP dropped.

Edited by DeTahMonster, 24 July 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#100 ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Solution to that is not to add the Bloody branches or MVP Summoners :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users