[Renewal+Classic] July 24 Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal+Classic] July 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#26 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

no....
I beleive there is somethign "wrong" with the CD in Mouth because there "is" something wrong with the CD in mouth
Before the item was even released it was explained as having a 6% proc rate
the Item Description on the Item shows a 6% proc rate
the actual proc rate is 0.6%

I rmb the proc is same as before cos I'm doing DPS at 185 ASPD (Sniper) & 189 ASPD (Mech) & 185 ASPD (GX), the different bolts that appear are the same as now. Nothing changed for PROC.

My question for you now is, do you remember the how many different level of bolts/other bolts that appear during 'pirated CD'?

Yes - Good I belief you should know what I mean.
No - Shut up since you never experince the 'pirated CD' so pls dont claim its bugged due to ur failing test w/o prove.

I know even tho I say shut up you wouldnt, so I'm just sayin thats all.

Edit : Come back when you tested in PVP not PVM w/ video.

Edited by AlvinKY, 23 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#27 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

This is for you

I'm just sharing from "Creative ContraptionsRO Rage Comics". Cos it seems your talkin about a merge "indirectly".

Oh thank you, how kind. :heh:

But it doesn't make sense tho. The ones who didn't want to be merged were people from Ygg, not Ymir. Every single Ymirian that I talked to back then was excited about having Ygg people joining us. I was sad that they cancelled that plan, even though I perfectly understood why Ygg people didn't want to go to Ymir, or even Valkyrie.

So I don't think that comic has the right facts, since we're talking about two different sub-communities.

There are some long threads about the CD, you should read them. It's old news. :p_smile:

I rmb the proc is same as before cos I'm doing DPS at 185 ASPD (Sniper) & 189 ASPD (Mech) & 185 ASPD (GX), the different bolts that appear are the same as now. Nothing changed for PROC.

My question for you now is, do you remember the how many different level of bolts/other bolts that appear during 'pirated CD'?

No - Shut up since you never experince the 'pirated CD' so pls dont claim its bugged due to ur failing test w/o prove.

I know even tho I say shut up you wouldnt, so I'm just sayin thats all.

Did anyone say the proc was lowered or something? Who said that? The proc rate has never changed.

Edited by xFireize, 23 July 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#28 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

i submited my proof to the people who "matter" i dont have anything to prove to you or your perception of relevance.
w/ or w/o a video

there are 2 proc rates
1= the proc rate of the window
2= the proc rate of the bolts once the window is open

the 1st proc rate is broken

Edited by Helios0, 23 July 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#29 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh thank you, how kind. :heh:

But it doesn't make sense tho. The ones who didn't want to be merged were people from Ygg, not Ymir. Every single Ymirian that I talked to back then were excited about having Ygg people joining us. I was sad that they cancelled that plan, even though I perfectly understood why Ygg people didn't want to go to Ymir, or even Valkyrie.

So I don't think that comic has the right facts, since we're talking about two different sub-communities.

There are some long threads about the CD, you should read them. It's old news. :p_smile:

Since you know then probably get some votes 'exchange' majority of the god items and mvp cards in Ymir for other items, maybe they will decide to merge as those are the concern right now. Ymir god items and mvp cards are consider imbalance to merge with Valk or Ygg. Don't see anything wrong with the CD due to my experince for previous and the current one, its the same for me. Another way to compare is, the amt upgrades needed for +12/+14 and how many monsters you killed for proc. You will see the difference from that view.

#30 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

Why does the proc matter in PVP? You're testing a proc rate, it doesn't matter where you test it as long as you're hitting something.

The proc rate has changed for sure. I have a reflect RG. I have gears of all sorts of procing. And to say the least the CD has a lower proc rate than written. It is not 6%. I've tried it with a +12 glorious katar that has a 7% of 193 aspd proc. That and the CD should have similar procing, alas it does not.

You really should read other threads before telling people to shut up since you will just look like an ignorant fool when proved wrong.

#31 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

i submited my proof to the people who "matter" i dont have anything to prove to you or your perception of relevance.
w/ or w/o a video

there are 2 proc rates
1= the proc rate of the window
2= the proc rate of the bolts once the window is open

the 1st proc rate is broken

I doubt there is any video about it so skip that, next its your view I got nothing to say but I find it perfectly fine both RWH and CD . You cry more then the ores you need to refine your gears to +12/+14 then proc on RWH and CD.

#32 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Why does the proc matter in PVP? You're testing a proc rate, it doesn't matter where you test it as long as you're hitting something.

The proc rate has changed for sure. I have a reflect RG. I have gears of all sorts of procing. And to say the least the CD has a lower proc rate than written. It is not 6%. I've tried it with a +12 glorious katar that has a 7% of 193 aspd proc. That and the CD should have similar procing, alas it does not.

You really should read other threads before telling people to shut up since you will just look like an ignorant fool when proved wrong.

Characters doesn't die if ur testing on healer type unless ur OP, monsters dies therefore sways ur judgement.

My question to ALL who think its broken. Before they fix CD, did you notice how many different/additional bolts proc when you hit the monster?

#33 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Don't see anything wrong with the CD due to my experince for previous and the current one, its the same for me. Another way to compare is, the amt upgrades needed for +12/+14 and how many monsters you killed for proc. You will see the difference from that view.

If you think it procs at 6% then sure, enjoy this thing that you called "Pirated CD". Let others who understand probability theories better than you tell their opinions about the item. I mean I understand we can't be an expert at everything, right? :heh:

Edited by xFireize, 23 July 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#34 AlvinKY

AlvinKY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

If you think it procs at 6% then sure, enjoy this thing that you called "Pirated CD". Let others who understand probability better than you tell their opinions about the item. I mean I understand we can't be an expert on everything. :heh:

Pirated CD is saying how broken the previous CD was and its way more obvious then the current one.

#35 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Pirated CD is saying how broken the previous CD was and its way more obvious then the current one.

Seriously, just read the threads please. Can you at least try? I know you it's hard for you but I know you can do it. Don't give up! :heh:

Edited by xFireize, 23 July 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#36 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

Before they fix CD, did you notice how many different/additional bolts proc when you hit the monster?

that was the bug
that is what they fixed

the way the item works is while your attacking you have a chance to activate the 1st proc. This 1st proc opens a 5 second window. During this 5 second window each subsequent attack has a high chance to cast a random level (1-5) skill of 1 type of bolt. an open window may allow you to cast a series of activated soul strikes each of a different bolt level. another time you activate the window it might be random level firebolts.

Each time the window opens you only cast 1 type of bolt for 5 seconds

the way the bug worked was that window.. NEVER CLOSED even when the item was un-equipped
each time the 1st proc was activated a new window would open compounding with each other window opened.
Each instance of the window open lets say 10 were open has a seperate chance to cast a unique bolt
with 10 windows open each attack has a high chance to cast 10 unique bolts at once..

it got to the point where sooo many windows were open that some people were doing about 100k dps in like 2 seconds..

they fixed the duration of the window to function how they originally intended it to be and only be open for 5 seconds then close
however along with that being fixed.. the proc rate of "opening that window" got unintentionally or intentionally lowered to 0.6% from 6%

Edited by Helios0, 23 July 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#37 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

I tested the CD with 180 aspd, hitting a "barricade" it proced 3 times in 1 minute. I repeated this test 3 times as did another GM. Roughly 150 attacks a minute. 1/50 attacks procced. That is a decent effect, I can't make it anywhere near as high as sage autocast, as that would be madness.

#38 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

That stated, the randomness is not what we wanted to happen, so likely we will remove the 'window" and just have it do stuff more often. So likely you'll see more casts go off but it won't all be lighting level 4 for this time span, then later firebolt lvl 3. Instead it will be more often more random 1-4 bolts of all types.

#39 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

Iv'e not decided on the ratio for trade in yet. I was thinking 1 BMx3 for 150 Backlava, & 1 BMx3 for 6 of a GM Scroll

#40 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

window being gone and now just single casts
which sounds reasonable as long as its not 0.6%

while i appreciate you looking into the proc rate i tested it for several hours.. a minute test seems..
neways..

Sage proc chance is 20%

HUGE difference between 0.6% and 20%

Edited by Helios0, 23 July 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#41 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I tested the CD with 180 aspd, hitting a "barricade" it proced 3 times in 1 minute. I repeated this test 3 times as did another GM. Roughly 150 attacks a minute. 1/50 attacks procced. That is a decent effect, I can't make it anywhere near as high as sage autocast, as that would be madness.

Oh nice trolling again. I guess this has become a habit and should have seen this coming.
First the Wickebine's EBC, now the CD. Please look at and check the item descriptions before releasing them. It will be great for your customers.

I am amazed.

Edited by xFireize, 23 July 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#42 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Seriously, can we get a fix on hazy instance ? Reservation gets cancelled everytime, if you still dont know what problem is.

#43 devinz999

devinz999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

- Apply some fixes to the Summoner based on feedback and reports to make it more party friendly with resetting your ability to go in.
- More fixes (rewriting the whole thing) for the Botwana Malaya instance.
- Merry Badger will stop taking MVP gear in exchange for Eden Merit Badges. Don't worry those items will be used in the WoE update to do "investments".
- Exchanger for the Hawt Groove Pack items Baklava and GM Support Scrolls to get Battle Manual X3.

Heim, will enriched hammer comes in this week :questionmark: :heh:

#44 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Thats a pretty steep ratio. What i was guessing was wishful thinking I won't deny but at those rates it's 900kp for 2 x3's even though right now you can get an HE battle manual box and use the trader to get the same amount (and 2 HE's left over) for 300kp less.

Half that should be pretty reasonable. especially considering that X3's have been a additional prize in previous groove packs.

#45 Nanamis

Nanamis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSaving the world one disaster at time..
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

It's a bit disappointing to come back after being gone and see things handled the way they are right now. The relationship between the community and the GM team seems to have decayed quite a bit :/ though I do appreciate Hiem reporting in his findings. Just some things going on lately..

#46 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Two items that would have been perfect for Spell Chasers (WHO ACTUALLY NEED SOME BUFF) were actually lies and frauds. I thought you released Wickebine's BCE and this CD to buff us, but nope I was wrong and stupid for thinking that.

FFS you haven't even changed Wickebine's BCE description.

Edited by xFireize, 23 July 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#47 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

so, what about the question i asked? If we cant trade in for extra EMB's anymore we are stuck only doing more TI's. Soooooo...what then? If what you said is gonna be true we cant use MVP drops and NOW we cant use MVP equips either...So again...what now?

Edited by CheddarJack, 23 July 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#48 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

Can't you just set the item's proc chance to do what it's description tells you to? Like change .006 to .06? Easy peasy?

I can tell the people on the GM team weren't math majors in college...

There are some other percent crap you guys ignored like Paralyze, a New GX Poisons. Description: Paralyze A paralyzing poison. For 300 seconds, decreases attack speed by -10%, evasion -10%, and movement speed by 1/2.

1/2, but effect is more like 1/20. Which translates to 50% being 5% instead.

#49 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Two items that would have been perfect for Spell Chasers (WHO ACTUALLY NEED SOME BUFF) were actually lies and frauds. I thought you released Wickebine's BCE and this CD to buff us, but nope I was wrong and stupid for thinking that.

FFS you haven't even changed Wickebine's BCE description.

If you really think Warpportal uses wrong descriptions and wrong advertisments to get money from Players ask them nicely for a refund.
If they say no, sue them.

Making fails advertisments is an sue-able offense and a professional Company should NEVER EVER do that.
I can happen 1 time, but should really not be an constantly going on thing.
Sadly I have to admit that the latest Kafra Box Item were all not working as indended which is a big reason why this game hasnt seen any money from me for the past couple of weeks and prolly will never see any money again.
Despite the fact that I play Classic and paying for VIP is such a waste of money that I rather use the $ to wipe my ass with - no offense!

I really do not wish to upset you Heimdallr, Oda or any other GM or Mod but I clearly have to say: You are going back in your developments and I am so tired of all your lies Warpportal. (Bots being hunted, Botarmageddon ,fixing things here and there and a lot of other stuff that never happened)

#50 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

a 6% proc rate is a good rate...not excellent... gazeti card has a 10% proc rate to cast lvl 2 cold bolt and thats not considered overpowered... why not just keep it at the stated 6% with or without the window... this is a gear that we PAID for afterall... and its taken us since thursday to even hear back about it being fixed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users