[Renewal+Classic] July 24 Maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal+Classic] July 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#76 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

You completely avoided the real question i asked though. Fine, mvp loot will now be for the woe update i get this...my question is, other than turn ins and 5x old purple boxes (which is a rip off btw) is there going to be any other way to get EMB? I dont care that mvp loots are going from emb to woe update, thats fine. I want to know what you will be replacing them with to get emb's?

I guess nothing. Hope the spotlighted quests start giving EMB from now on.

#77 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I guess nothing. Hope the spotlighted quests start giving EMB from now on.

I guess not...i do too asayuu

#78 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Would also like to know if Opb will continue to be used with merry badger or are you taking that out as well?

#79 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Would also like to know if Opb will continue to be used with merry badger or are you taking that out as well?

They better thats like the last thing we have lol. After that the merry badger is only taking your EMB's lol

#80 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

more importantly

if mvp drops (and OPB is a very common MVP drop) are no longer going to be redeemable for EMB's

Will there be a new set of items that can be redeemed? or will the whole redeem option be done away with?

#81 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

yay for enriched hammer time to get my big xbow to +12

#82 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Does this mean next week the new updates are coming since merry badger will stop taking those MvP Items?

#83 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

inquiring minds wanna know!

#84 Falcon616

Falcon616

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

@Heim: Did you revamp the enriched hammer or it'll be the same as before ?

#85 crustman

crustman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

do merry badger still trade job BM, BM, token of seigfried, and other stuff that's not related to WoE?

#86 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

do merry badger still trade job BM, BM, token of seigfried, and other stuff that's not related to WoE?

I'd like to know this too. Considering the battlegrounds/KVMs are gonna be broken forever due to the timer glitch, I'd like to know if I have to turn in EMBs now or can I keep saving them.

#87 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

You completely avoided the real question i asked though. Fine, mvp loot will now be for the woe update i get this...my question is, other than turn ins and 5x old purple boxes (which is a rip off btw) is there going to be any other way to get EMB? I dont care that mvp loots are going from emb to woe update, thats fine. I want to know what you will be replacing them with to get emb's?

OPB can still be traded in for EMB. The original EMB purpose was you do quests you get tokens, her purpose was to give you something to spend those EMBs on. She wasn't I am sorry I left the trade in for so long though, it was meant to be cycled out regularly so it never became an "always".

#88 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Heim, I'm looking for some clarification here. Are Golem Scrolls going to be included in the turn in for Battle Manual x3's. The reason I ask is because you seemed to indicate they would be earlier in the thread, but your main post doesn't mention anything about them. D:

#89 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

You realize you've only demonstrated/tested the CD on a single target with only auto-attacks, and that other methods such as reflect gear would proc the window and bolts much more often to nearly the same broken extent.

Or do you genuinely believe a lower headgear, an equipment slot originally meant for cosmetic purposes with at most minor effects, should be this good?

#90 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

You realize you've only demonstrated/tested the CD on a single target with only auto-attacks, and that other methods such as reflect gear would proc the window and bolts much more often to nearly the same broken extent.

...you do realize every other single autocast in the game already functions like this... right?
alchemy glove
ifrit helm
gazeti card
wind ghost card
bloody knight card
mutant dragonoid card
magic rabbit hat
vanilimirth hat
RoFL
etc...
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Autocast
the fact that this is for the lower headgear slot makes it no more different than RoFL does being an accessory slot and equipable even by a level 1 trans char

her purpose was to give you something to spend those EMBs on. She wasn't I am sorry I left the trade in for so long though, it was meant to be cycled out regularly so it never became an "always".

kinda of apparent by the weekly special for 3emb thats been there for several months :P hehe

Edited by Helios0, 23 July 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#91 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

...you do realize every other single autocast in the game already functions like this... right?
alchemy glove
ifrit helm
gazeti card
wind ghost card
bloody knight card
mutant dragonoid card
magic rabbit hat
vanilimirth hat
RoFL
etc...
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Autocast
the fact that this is for the lower headgear slot makes it no more different than RoFL does being an accessory slot and equipable even by a level 1 trans char

kinda of apparent by the weekly special for 3emb thats been there for several months :P hehe

No, next to no autocasts function like it. How many of them exactly uses the idea that "when activated, cast for every auto-attack" concept. For every one autocast on hit effect, you get a linear number of autocasts per additional monster, squared with reflect damage, whereas with this, you get a squared effect, cubed with reflect damage, per additional monster due to each monster adding to the chance that the window opens and each monster attacking gets bolted on.

Unless I'm mistaken and it's actually like a window that autocasts to that one and only target.

I don't think you understand my point about how the lower headgear slot is supposed to be filled for a low stat equipment. Let me rephrase: does the CD's effect seem more fitting for a lower headgear slot or something else such as say the upper headgear slot. Or let me rephrase again: this lower headgear is stronger than the effects of upper headgear X or autocast equipment Y when next to no other lower headgear can overwhelm the effects of another, does this not strike you as odd?

#92 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

You guys have not tried reflect damage with Mjolnir have you? :P

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#93 YahoooUhoo

YahoooUhoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

OMG I love how you guys decided to make the CD in mouth even better than it was before. If I had money I would have hoarded it, but unfortunately im broke.

#94 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

then how about another request? can the gm bring the crates where +10certs are given for every 5 boxes like last time. i know people will buy more boxes when this happen. the cert price are crazy now

#95 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

That new CD effect looks pretty cool, its okay to give single target hitters some buffs since it isnt that popular on renewal cept for MVP's :D

#96 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

It's funny that now the price of CD in Mouth is sky rocket.

#97 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

every single autocasts that triggers when attacking triggers upon reflecting damage... sometimes multiple procs at once... that's why i use high orc shield with autocasts in mobby places since i dont have to focus as much on multiple targets and can let the autocasts take down some of them for me... this works for the magic and non magical autocasts like like bongun and poison toad cards... and who says lower headgears have to just be there for looks anyway? at this point in the game with the op gears all over the place and the rampant availability to gain MVP cards and God items (for a price) im really surprised we havent seen more headgears like this... hell im surprised we havent started seeing slotted versions of the current lower headgears yet... remember that alot of the lower headgears we currently have came from prerenewal so of course theyre not up to snuff in comparison but back then those little extras meant alot....

#98 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

Re-read it please; I'm well aware that every autocast triggers upon reflect and the existence of using that is not what I'm concerned about. The nature of how the effect is set up would make the CD proc way more than your average autocast gear in a normal mobbing situation.

Your second argument essentially reads as everything is OP, so let's add more broken gear because no one will care.

#99 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Because the moment RG mobs more than 10 monsters anyway, Reflect damage goes down in less than 5 seconds. It doesn't freaking matter. :o

#100 DeTahMonster

DeTahMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Because the moment RG mobs more than 10 monsters anyway, Reflect damage goes down in less than 5 seconds. It doesn't freaking matter. :o

They could keep re-casting and re-casting it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users