Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

LOL trippy

#152 OFireO

OFireO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Hmm Dragon Saga sounds really weird XDD and funny.
But I like funny so it's ok~ Just want to play it.
FireONight

#153 Igami

Igami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

The game's essentials aren't changing, so I don't really care what Dragon(blank) name it gets.

Just transfer my account and update the game on a regular basis.

K, thanks.

#154 Skiler

Skiler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDesk = Drawing = Future Game Artist

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

(comes back from the dead)
Hey wheres my left arm?

>.> ... Don't worry about it ...

#155 kizaru

kizaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

Dragonica was a stupid name anyway.

Kinda what I was thinking as well, like someone would ask me what i was playing I was kinda sad to say "Dragonica" cause the name was kinda nerdy ish.

There are better names than "Dragon Saga" ,but whatever you play a game for the game not the name.

#156 iEatCookies2

iEatCookies2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

>.> ... Don't worry about it ...

I bet you just going to chop it up and put it in banh mi and eat it.

#157 Skiler

Skiler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

I bet you just going to chop it up and put it in banh mi and eat it.

Muhahaha >:p_err: nah I'll add it in pho LOL

#158 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Also, a name holds a certain allure. It can draw people to it. To respond to your Shakespear quote, if a rose was called a pooflower I don't think there would be many people who'd want to smell it (especially today in the age of trolls!)

Yes, it's not the most important thing in the world, but it is important in it's own rite. Someone else suggested a poll and that would have been the best option, because the target audience should have a pretty good idea of what will attract them and others with the same likes.

It's a little too late to start moaning now that they've probably spent money on a trademark, but it deserves to be said.

The thing is that People already know what this game is. They know what they like about it and what makes them want to play. Changing the name now won't change a thing. Unless, of course, someone is so butt hurt over this that they quit playing before the game relaunches. As for a poll, get real. It would't happen. Just think about it, have any developers ever asked the community what they want a game to be called? Nintendo didn't ask if people liked the name Skyward Sword for the new Zelda game. No one asked if Black and White were good names for the new versions of Pokemon. Blizzard doesn't ask if anyone likes the names for the WoW expansions. League of Legends is abbreviated LoL for crying out loud. Did Capcom ask permission before they made DMC with the new Dante that everyone hates? No! Braunson, WarpPortal and Gravity decided on this name and it is their game that we have the option to play. If the name bothers you so much then keeps calling it Dragonica. Stop whining people. The website for the game is already launched. The client will be out soon enough. Just deal with it. The name isn't bad. I can think of many names that would have been 10,000 times worse. The gameplay will be the same, and isn't that what we all like about this game in the first place? Maybe I am wrong and some of you only played this game because you were in love with the name but hated everything else. Either way the complaining about the name change is pretty childish. I know this game is ment for kids too, but seriously stop whining.

#159 Karisuma

Karisuma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Musicians Website
So he picked up that name after THQ shut down, or what happened?

On the bottom of the front page:
"©2010 Dragonica® / Midnine� Productions, LLC. Dragonica® is a registered trademark owned by VIctor Garcia. All rights reserved."

It looks like it since THQ*ICE had it in 2009 and his copyright is showing to have started in 2010.

Also, who else lol'ed at "Psychedelic sound that defies today's music" posted on the musicians page?

Edited by Karisuma, 28 September 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#160 iEatCookies2

iEatCookies2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Muhahaha >:p_err: nah I'll add it in pho LOL

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!

Edited by iEatCookies2, 28 September 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#161 IceDragon

IceDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Oh no he did it........

I want to say i hate it but i cant because i cant think of any names...

#162 Karisuma

Karisuma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:19 PM

The thing is that People already know what this game is. They know what they like about it and what makes them want to play. Changing the name now won't change a thing. Unless, of course, someone is so butt hurt over this that they quit playing before the game relaunches. As for a poll, get real. It would't happen. Just think about it, have any developers ever asked the community what they want a game to be called? Nintendo didn't ask if people liked the name Skyward Sword for the new Zelda game. No one asked if Black and White were good names for the new versions of Pokemon. Blizzard doesn't ask if anyone likes the names for the WoW expansions. League of Legends is abbreviated LoL for crying out loud. Did Capcom ask permission before they made DMC with the new Dante that everyone hates? No! Braunson, WarpPortal and Gravity decided on this name and it is their game that we have the option to play. If the name bothers you so much then keeps calling it Dragonica. Stop whining people. The website for the game is already launched. The client will be out soon enough. Just deal with it. The name isn't bad. I can think of many names that would have been 10,000 times worse. The gameplay will be the same, and isn't that what we all like about this game in the first place? Maybe I am wrong and some of you only played this game because you were in love with the name but hated everything else. Either way the complaining about the name change is pretty childish. I know this game is ment for kids too, but seriously stop whining.

Calm down.

First off: TL;DR (I actually did read, but it was a waste of my time)

Secondly: Pick your fights wisely. Seriously though, the person you quoted wasn't even whining. I can see that you can read but try and comprehend as well. Kthx

Edited by Karisuma, 28 September 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#163 SararaUsagi

SararaUsagi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationI'm not gonna tell you, perv!
  • Server:?

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

Dragonica is already registered in the US, by a musician that goes by the name Dragonica.

And he considers himself a MUSICIAN?

Posted Image

Well, i don't disgree with the new name, it's just that some changes are hard to assimilate :p_err: http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#164 Karisuma

Karisuma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

Well, i don't disgree with the new name, it's just that some changes are hard to assimilate :p_err: http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

I think that's the problem most people are having right now. XD

#165 aznnnwhat

aznnnwhat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

The name is not that horrible don't you think?
The old name seems too kiddish, so this new name can be a good thing..
Not like someone with come and kill the game.
Its the game that counts, not the name.
Just same game with a brand new name :]

Edited by aznnnwhat, 28 September 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#166 chicano714

chicano714

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTustin

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

im already used to the new name :p_err:

#167 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:30 PM

Calm down.

First off: TL;DR (I actually did read, but it was a waste of my time)

Secondly: Pick your fights wisely. Seriously though, the person you quoted wasn't even whining. I can see that you can read but try and comprehend as well. Kthx

Maybe you shouldn't have read then. After all you just wasted your time, right?
Also I never said they were whining. I said that people were and that they shouldn't, then gave reasons why it was silly for them to.
Maybe I'm not the one that needs to comprehend things better. It seems as though you completely missed everything I was saying. It makes it sort of ironic that you were telling me to better comprehend what I read all things considered.

#168 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

On the bottom of the front page:
"©2010 Dragonica® / Midnine� Productions, LLC. Dragonica® is a registered trademark owned by VIctor Garcia. All rights reserved."

It looks like it since THQ*ICE had it in 2009 and his copyright is showing to have started in 2010.

Also, who else lol'ed at "Psychedelic sound that defies today's music" posted on the musicians page?

People were worrying about other players stealing their character names, and this guy comes along and steals the name of the actual game! lols
Maybe he used to play the game, and he just liked the name so much that he had to have it.
I doubt it, but it just seems quite coincidental and unfortunate that someone would take the name right after THQ shut down.

Perhaps Gravity should see if he will let them use the name and offer to let his music be used in the game.
He would probably be honored. xD

#169 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

And now for this commercial break

#170 Underfear

Underfear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Its not that that new name is bad,

its more that the old name was taken by a guy that make some strange noise (because that is not music to me).

#171 iEatCookies2

iEatCookies2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

And now for this commercial break

Thank you..
Too much going on right now here

#172 Skiler

Skiler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!

OH I WILL , IT TASTE LIKE BATTLEMAGE PHO XD

#173 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

If they renamed your favorite video game series Glitter Pals would you still play it? If Halo was called Rainbow Raiders it would be the same game. What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Grow up. The name isn't important. It's the gameplay that really matters.

I never said that I'd quit the game. I just said that it's annoying to play the game with a name change that you don't like.

#174 iEatCookies2

iEatCookies2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

OH I WILL , IT TASTE LIKE BATTLEMAGE PHO XD

Mang.. I didn't know i taste that good.

#175 Karisuma

Karisuma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

Maybe you shouldn't have read then. After all you just wasted your time, right?
Also I never said they were whining. I said that people were and that they shouldn't, then gave reasons why it was silly for them to.
Maybe I'm not the one that needs to comprehend things better. It seems as though you completely missed everything I was saying. It makes it sort of ironic that you were telling me to better comprehend what I read all things considered.

If I was wrong then I apologize for it. The only problem was that you flipped so much with your comment between talking directly toward him and talking about everyone as a group that it looked as though you were applying him to the group. Fix it up so it wouldn't be misread. Also, the fact that you quoted didn't help either.

Here is where you lost me in your original comment:
"As for a poll, get real. It would't happen."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users