[C]WoE Stress Test III Sept. 29 1-3pm PDT - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[C]WoE Stress Test III Sept. 29 1-3pm PDT

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

Poll: [C]WoE Stress Test III Sept. 29 1-3pm PDT (295 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for WoE times

1. 1-3pm PST (161 votes [54.58%])

Percentage of vote: 54.58%

2. 3-5pm PST (134 votes [45.42%])

Percentage of vote: 45.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

just put a kafra in valk realms like how there is now where you can save/repair/etc at, and make it so taht no one can stand next to it within a 3x3

#52 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

owh great.... 1-3pm means no woe for asians....lol europeans....enjoy your asian free woe

#53 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'll be happy with some white pots.

#54 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

owh great.... 1-3pm means no woe for asians....lol europeans....enjoy your asian free woe

You do realize there are Asians like me who live in the US.

#55 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

You do realize there are Asians like me who live in the US.

whoops, i meant asians in asia

#56 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have NO IDEA what you're talking about....

it will be really hectic as classic server woe at 1 to 3 and just after that 3 to 5 for valk server, oda you are making people to choose woe between 2 server classic or renewal I think there should be atleast 1 hour gap between the 2

Either make 12 to 2 for classic
or make 4 to 6 for valk

Please give a gap between both the woe and let people play both the woe

There will no time to arrange between 2 woe.
I think many people will agree on it so that all are playing this game for woe so i think most of them want to play woe at classic as well as valk server. The only renewal server is valk where woe is interesting and many guild playing

@Gms
Please consider the timing or else it will destroy the woe at one server of 2. Let both be active

#57 killthebeast

killthebeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

How about not cramping everyone up in just one castle? Maybe 2-3 castles would be better since as you said, there are still server stability issues and I don't think it would be that enjoyable having almost everyone in just one map/castle and playing WOE with so much LAG.

#58 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

How about not cramping everyone up in just one castle? Maybe 2-3 castles would be better since as you said, there are still server stability issues and I don't think it would be that enjoyable having almost everyone in just one map/castle and playing WOE with so much LAG.

It's not a real WoE. It's a test WoE. Does anyone even understand what a stress test means? Having everyone focused on one castle is basically a simulation of what would happen when there's so many people in one location in the first place. They need to test to see if a single map server can handle so many people in one castle. Were you even here in Pre-Renewal? I remember when I used to see 10+ people's worth of guilds in one castle back in the day and the server was still intact despite the little lag.

Map server crashes due to this test? That's good information for the GM's!

#59 killthebeast

killthebeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

It's not a real WoE. It's a test WoE. Does anyone even understand what a stress test means? Having everyone focused on one castle is basically a simulation of what would happen when there's so many people in one location in the first place. They need to test to see if a single map server can handle so many people in one castle. Were you even here in Pre-Renewal? I remember when I used to see 10+ people's worth of guilds in one castle back in the day and the server was still intact despite the little lag.

I've been playing RO since beta. I know it is possible to have more than 10 guilds in one castle and have no lag issues, but given the current state of the server I don't think we'll be able to test that efficiently (talking about bugs and other stuff, not just server stability) if everyone just keeps getting disconnected due to lag/other issues because everyone is inside one castle. Or maybe the GMs can have one test WOE with one castle and another with more castles.

#60 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Optimally we'd start with one castle and then expand on it the next week.

#61 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

it will be really hectic as classic server woe at 1 to 3 and just after that 3 to 5 for valk server, oda you are making people to choose woe between 2 server classic or renewal I think there should be atleast 1 hour gap between the 2

I don't see the problem here. You just need to get your character supplied and near the correct warp/save/castle spot before classic woe time. That could be arranged if those guild leaders are available beforehand.
I'm quite fine with having no resting time between woes, since it's worth it to have a fun-packed saturday of going from classic woe to valk woe to ygg woe. This is the price we must pay if we want to play multiple servers' woes.

#62 agoratrader

agoratrader

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

it's a stress test, creating a worse case scenario on server load

#63 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

i will thx :)

#64 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

its a stress test that does not try to include every single damn soul on iRO

#65 ampnket

ampnket

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Dude
1 castle, 20 guilds+
Cmon, dont do that. Will be a f* rush and the woe will be senseless

^ This My comp is GREAT but i cant handle 1.5k people on a map just sayin

#66 FrizzyBeah

FrizzyBeah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y

People work and have school on a s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y and won't it be on a Sunday for all UK players so why should time matter for them?

#67 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

its a stress test that does not try to include every single damn soul on iRO

Stress Test = Pushing something to its limits. If the limit is below what is expected, obviously something needs to be done to change that. Of course they need "every single damn soul on iRO" to do that. Hence Oda's reply that it would move to more than 1 castle the next time around. You need to test different variables.

#68 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Stress Test = Pushing something to its limits. If the limit is below what is expected, obviously something needs to be done to change that. Of course they need "every single damn soul on iRO" to do that. Hence Oda's reply that it would move to more than 1 castle the next time around. You need to test different variables.

the variable is time...i dun think its the castle...

if u change the time to be more apt, you can get more players to really "stress" the server

#69 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

the variable is time...i dun think its the castle...

if u change the time to be more apt, you can get more players to really "stress" the server

Hong Kong, China is exactly 12 hours different in time from EST, which is where I live. Normal WoE is at 6pm PST for me. Normal WoE at Hong Kong would be at 6am. Do you know what that means? It means people who don't normally show up to WoE during the normal WoE hours is due to the already early timeframe of WoE. The stress test is pretty much 2 hours earlier, meaning 4am at Hong Kong, China. I know a lot of people from India who don't WoE for this reason. It's simply much too early. iRO is based in California, US. You can't cater to everyone, but some of those people from those faraway timezones still show up to WoE anyways. Even I stay up until 4am every other night! I can sympathize with international players though, because I have been to China a little more than a month ago.

To be more accurate, the variable is population and not time. It's why they're focusing everything into one castle. It simply means you shut other people out if you change the times for your timezone as well.

Edited by GuardianTK, 08 September 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#70 StyxNL

StyxNL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well, sounds like an interesting reward test but what if they just can't get rid of that DC problem?
It is present for months and what gives the idea that a test will make it dissapear?
The problem is likely not just a technical server problem.
Oh well, we will see.

#71 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

whoops, i meant asians in asia

you do realize that there is some american or whatever in asia right?

#72 Chupete1613

Chupete1613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

whats up with this in the end??, which supplies you implement?, need information fast ...

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

People work and have school on a s-a-t-u-r-d-a-y and won't it be on a Sunday for all UK players so why should time matter for them?

Good god, he was bitching about "regular" jobs. You know 9-5 M-F? blahblah. The time is never going to suit all people. Church is on sunday, etc.

#74 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

So when do we get the confirmation on this test WoE time, the night before?

#75 Studmanly

Studmanly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users