WoE feedback : Portal Casting - Page 10 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE feedback : Portal Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

#226 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Should defend the front door and CP outside the fort too lulz

#227 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Should defend the front door and CP outside the fort too lulz

done this before lmao

#228 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

BATTLE OF ME'S OUTSIDE THE FORT. Would be pretty retarded. And I'm sure someone would do it just so they could portal cast V_v

#229 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Yah, they did.

We were cping outside Valk 4 to prevent recall / portal hide. Defending in room 1. They'd ME it and blahblahblah. I think more fighting happened outside than inside.

#230 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

defending what? CP or portal casting?

they are both tactics of portal abusing.

dude 1 is a bug and 1 is suppose to be like this since 2-2 came out

looks like u are also a bug abuser BAN PLEASE :P

#231 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

like i say those people defending it USUALLY USE this tactic to win woe LOL

if they dun use that then their guild sucks :P

Wow!
I seriously can't believe that there are people in this community looking down on an alliance trying to ensure they hold a castle by effectively using skills as they are supposed to work without abusing the mechanics of the game, which can easily be countered.. But you seem to encourage the fact that some guilds abuse this portal recalling bs and give them a pat on their backs cos they keep up their dominance by doing what they do best, cos they can't seem to do it without making sure they play a legit war of emperium... Just WOW!!

I hope you know that, when these guilds surprisingly did not abuse this portal recall bs we effectively held off the attacks and we actually lost that castle the next week, when the other guilds coordinated and played tactically that they did destroy our defence after numerous attempts, and I salute them for pulling it off in a legit manner..

Seriously! the standard of this topic is going down by the hour...

#232 liang2

liang2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

dude 1 is a bug and 1 is suppose to be like this since 2-2 came out

looks like u are also a bug abuser BAN PLEASE :P

okay now, i feel insulted and i will quit this trash talk forever.

we are discussing portal recall as one of the examples of portal casting. but some people have to relate portal recall with a "certain guild" on purpose. in fact, the "certain guild" hasn't portal recalled for 1 month as i saw (yes, i am a member of it. but i will be objective to the portal casting issue). if some people do think "certain guild" PORTAL RECALLED within a month, please provide evidence to prove it or its gonna be a insult.

portal leap isn't an issue at all if you prepare for it like guarding the emp/landing spot. how can some people keep failing doing this? it is just a linker. btw Kaupe makes a linker possible to leap during CP downtime.

anyways, i honestly wanted to discuss the portal casting issue here because portal casting is common in KRO/JRO/TWro. you can't deny CP near portal is portal abusing, what you have been doing for a long time doesn't mean it's gonna be right. it seems like some people don't like to talk about new concepts and they like to flame guild trash talks.

Edited by liang2, 16 October 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#233 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Server:retired

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

If you know in your gut feeling that "that guild" would portal recall/leap recall the last minute, you are pretty much screwed :/

#234 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Wow!
I seriously can't believe that there are people in this community looking down on an alliance trying to ensure they hold a castle by effectively using skills as they are supposed to work without abusing the mechanics of the game, which can easily be countered.. But you seem to encourage the fact that some guilds abuse this portal recalling bs and give them a pat on their backs cos they keep up their dominance by doing what they do best, cos they can't seem to do it without making sure they play a legit war of emperium... Just WOW!!

I hope you know that, when these guilds surprisingly did not abuse this portal recall bs we effectively held off the attacks and we actually lost that castle the next week, when the other guilds coordinated and played tactically that they did destroy our defence after numerous attempts, and I salute them for pulling it off in a legit manner..

Seriously! the standard of this topic is going down by the hour...

dude i m supporting the use of cp on the portal and not portal recall/portal suisidal/portal stasis/ portal everything

and i dun understand why is people now crying over cp and casting on portal while they didn't cry on that when ro just got started,

and what gets me is now the gm say maybe portal recall portal stasis portal suisidal is good.

maybe they will say kettle hat is also good maybe we should reimplement it?

and i m sure the same people will say omg please reimplement it so i can break a lot of castle and come out with 3 castle

and the best part is people defending their bug abusers by saying did they do it show me proof, oh ok let me film it for u, then in the vid u see the deluge coming out and they say see this is legit

LOL this is hilarious

#235 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Do not insulting each other in this thread. Actions will be taken if there's still insults and flaming.

#236 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Can a game master at least show up in this thread and say something before it suddently gets closed? :shss:

#237 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Can we get a response please =\

#238 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

okay now, i feel insulted and i will quit this trash talk forever.

we are discussing portal recall as one of the examples of portal casting. but some people have to relate portal recall with a "certain guild" on purpose. in fact, the "certain guild" hasn't portal recalled for 1 month as i saw (yes, i am a member of it. but i will be objective to the portal casting issue). if some people do think "certain guild" PORTAL RECALLED within a month, please provide evidence to prove it or its gonna be a insult.

portal leap isn't an issue at all if you prepare for it like guarding the emp/landing spot. how can some people keep failing doing this? it is just a linker. btw Kaupe makes a linker possible to leap during CP downtime.

anyways, i honestly wanted to discuss the portal casting issue here because portal casting is common in KRO/JRO/TWro. you can't deny CP near portal is portal abusing, what you have been doing for a long time doesn't mean it's gonna be right. it seems like some people don't like to talk about new concepts and they like to flame guild trash talks.

Oh there's been plenty of evidence within the past month alright. It's why we're all complaining about it in the first place. Nothing is being done about it, as I've pointed out for several pages by now.

Edited by GuardianTK, 16 October 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#239 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

There has been pages of open discussion on this topic.. And I bet the GMs have a clear understanding of most of our opinions.. So can we plz hear what is there stand on this topic?

I think it's high time they responded...

#240 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

goddamn I was dealing with leap recalls in 2007. We put something afk on the landing tile. never lost to it. qq christ.

The video I posted was me doing a portal leap>recall vs a guild that attempted to do it to us the previous woe all woe and failed. If I can figure that out in 2007 when all the skills were relatively new, why not just take the knowledge being imparted to you and just... handle it? It's like these guilds that complain about storm blast working in CP.... Use safety wall. Don't have a safetywaller in guild? GET ONE. dammmmmmmn. CP isn't unbeatable without portal casting. Portal casting is just something that could happen to you if people speed potted. seriously. I don't agree with it, but the whining is retarded!

#241 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

goddamn I was dealing with leap recalls in 2007. We put something afk on the landing tile. never lost to it. qq christ.

The video I posted was me doing a portal leap>recall vs a guild that attempted to do it to us the previous woe all woe and failed. If I can figure that out in 2007 when all the skills were relatively new, why not just take the knowledge being imparted to you and just... handle it? It's like these guilds that complain about storm blast working in CP.... Use safety wall. Don't have a safetywaller in guild? GET ONE. dammmmmmmn. CP isn't unbeatable without portal casting. Portal casting is just something that could happen to you if people speed potted. seriously. I don't agree with it, but the whining is retarded!

I still don't get as in why are you getting worked up for? Are you ok with portal casting ? Are not not ok with it? Are you complaining about CP? Or are u telling us how leap works? Or how Portal casting works? Or how to counter it? Or all of the said thing?

Discussion is meant for discussing stuffs which in some case may contain whining and Mod's for moderating, if you can't take it please don't read it, none is telling you to read.

Anyways i think its high time that GM's respond to a long 10 page discussion.

#242 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

[mod]They read it, and are planning something.[/mod]

#243 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

Last week 10/9 we implemented a few checks that hopefully did not disrupt WoE on any server (renewal and classic both). These changes were attempts to stem some of the portal casting problems that have been a very long term community issue.

Lag has been extremely bad ever since last week. I'm hoping what ever you changed isn't what caused this.

#244 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

Lag has been extremely bad ever since last week. I'm hoping what ever you changed isn't what caused this.

It's the same as always for everyone. If it really was a server problem, I'd most certainly be lagging on my dial-up internet on RO during WoE.

#245 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think it should be removed simply because it's an exploit, not a tactic imo. Just because they failed to correct it for years doesn't make it right still. Every other game i've played has exploits and unintended effects/reactions removed.

#246 Amazing111

Amazing111

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

tldr

WoE 1 is awful, old, and outdated. Implement trans and WoE 2.0 - add WoE 1.0 god pieces to WoE 2.0 castles.

ez. waldo 4 prez

^this

thread should have ended when this was posted

if you ask most guilds today, the only reason why they play WoE 1 is to get end forts, the first hour and a half is just pretty much a FFA pvp. (at least that is how it was on ymir) Only reason why people cared about WoE 1 and still do, is because of the God Items.

On Saturdays during WoE 2. That is when you saw the big alliances fighting and guilds serious about holding their castles. Not because of the god items, (honestly I don't even think most people consider WoE 2 items "god items' anymore) but because there are no portals and WoE 2 is just designed better for WoE.

This is my observations of the last couple years playing Ymir and a few months on Ygg. Not sure about Valk but I'm guessing they are somewhat the same.

Edited by Amazing111, 18 October 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#247 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Best idea would be to get rid of portals altogether!

Thats why we got woe 2.0 isnt it?

I like the ability to portal cast non-targetted stuff, other than recall. Then again the only skills i ever used were hide and sneak. Just redesign woe 1.0 maps so that they dont have portals ! problem solved :)

Edited by Hrothmund, 18 October 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#248 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

I still don't get as in why are you getting worked up for? Are you ok with portal casting ? Are not not ok with it? Are you complaining about CP? Or are u telling us how leap works? Or how Portal casting works? Or how to counter it? Or all of the said thing?

Discussion is meant for discussing stuffs which in some case may contain whining and Mod's for moderating, if you can't take it please don't read it, none is telling you to read.

Anyways i think its high time that GM's respond to a long 10 page discussion.

Xellie is saying quit whining and do something about it. I think you should to

#249 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

For the person who asked me to post a portal recall actually happening.
here you go!

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 20 October 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#250 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

For the person who asked me to post a portal recall actually happening.
here you go!

this guy is so banned

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 20 October 2012 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users