WoE feedback : Portal Casting - Page 8 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE feedback : Portal Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

#176 nedric

nedric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

This.

P.S- Leap Doesn't Work in WOE 2.0, so you know why the specific guild has a hard time in WoE 2.

its interesting to see someppl abuse their bias and clarify all things which out of their knowledage range as cheating.
Back to the topic plz.

P.S- that certain guild has only 10+ players in WoE2.0 due to weekday and time differences.

#177 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Portal Recalls with a 3rd party program are not bias, they are a fact that should not be disputed. The fact being that a 3rd party program is against the rules, therefore cheating.

If portal casting were made legal, it would give people more reason to use 3rd party programs to aid them with portal casting skills. This would blur the line between what is right and what is wrong. It would make catching people using 3rd party programs for portal casting that much tougher to catch.

Edited by GuardianTK, 15 October 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#178 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

Portal Recalls with a 3rd party program are not bias, they are a fact that should not be disputed. The fact being that a 3rd party program is against the rules, therefore cheating.

If portal casting were made legal, it would give people more reason to use 3rd party programs to aid them with portal casting skills. This would blur the line between what is right and what is wrong. It would make catching people using 3rd party programs for portal casting that much tougher to catch.

?????? portal casting is as "legal" as can be, i don't think anyone in the history of RO has been banned for such a thing so how can you consider it otherwise? it is quite obviouse when somebody portals casts a magnetic earth and that is not an issue of portal casting but third party program usage, which is already illegal, so this is an non issue.

I subscribe to the "portal casting is only a problem for targeted/ground skills, and recall" school of thought (and recall is only a problem because of the 5 second invulnerability making it uninterruptible. The problem is that it makes recall uninterruptable, more than anything else, imo)

I feel like portal casting dazzler/howling/stasis/etc is perfectly reasonable. It evens the odds between defenders and attackers a bit. The use of third party programs to portal cast ground and player targeted skills is a lot more disruptive.

Though, of course, i'd prefer there be no portals like in WoE 2.

player target skills are possible to portal cast without the use of third party programs.

Edited by fasthands, 15 October 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#179 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

You don't need to third party to portal recall.

I can make videos to show how its done, its just a matter of lining the guild window up right

#180 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

?????? portal casting is as "legal" as can be, i don't think anyone in the history of RO has been banned for such a thing so how can you consider it otherwise? it is quite obviouse when somebody portals casts a magnetic earth and that is not an issue of portal casting but third party program usage, which is already illegal, so this is an non issue.

Do you really want me to post the answer I got from a ticket I sent regarding whether Portal Casting is legal or not? It only seems legal, because the GM's haven't done anything about it. That's my biggest complaint! They tell us it's illegal, but then they don't do anything about it when you do report it!

#181 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

This.

P.S- Leap Doesn't Work in WOE 2.0, so you know why the specific guild has a hard time in WoE 2.

that specific guild has 2 castles in 2.0...

#182 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Do you really want me to post the answer I got from a ticket I sent regarding whether Portal Casting is legal or not? It only seems legal, because the GM's haven't done anything about it. That's my biggest complaint! They tell us it's illegal, but then they don't do anything about it when you do report it!

Because kRO doesn't say it. This is funny answer from idRO in case I ask same question We can't tell because kRO doesn't tell us it's illegal or not

This thing is not iRO only bug if portal casting was considered a bug...

Edited by Exvee, 15 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#183 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

I asked the same question before that and they said it was fine. The answers the ticket people give change day to day.

#184 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Well for the record, despite what Xellie pointed out:

Posted Image

#185 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Because kRO doesn't say it. This is funny answer from idRO in case I ask same question We can't tell because kRO doesn't tell us it's illegal or not

This thing is not iRO only bug if portal casting was considered a bug...

iRO is not kRO and vice versa.. we dont have how to change the rules,, but we CAN set our rules. Declare publically its illegal and punish the infrators and problem solved....

#186 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

that specific guild has 2 0 castles in 2.0...

#187 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

No name callings... all of us know which guild is the one who abuses portals as much as they can, but let's cool down for a bit.

If people started being punished for that, the others would stop automatically... maybe.

#188 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hmm.. how about this opinion about portal cast:

Our primary objective is the ensure that there is a fair and fun environment to play our games, by exploiting or using any bug you are not playing fair and are altering the game play for which is intended

Portal cast fall right in this description. Simply cause it's not fair. It can't be prevented, or avoided. If its done with 3rd party programs its even worse, since falls in the "3rd party program" clause.

Now that we have established that portal cast IS a exploit, the natural result is that it should be a offense. Just determine how the perpetrators will be punished. End of story.

#189 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yea, they need to announce it publicly, if its legal or not. And also add "rec" option ingame to view Guild emblems while recording and watching.

#190 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Now that we have established

The only thing we have established is that we can all abuse it as much as possible until Heimdallr says it's illegal.

#191 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

its funny, the GM's havent said a word since the first page on this subject...makes you wonder if they just wan2 make it legal and not have to worry about it or not...

#192 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

8 pages of posts in less than 3 days. Of course they need to weave through it all.

#193 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

2nd off, is this even something that anyone actually wants fixed? I know there are many complaints when it is done to them when defending, but is it a scenario that guilds want removed from the "playbook" of WoE?

From what's said here, I believe the purpose of this discussion isn't to talk about whether or not portal casting is a game glitch (you're not contributing much if all you can say is repeat what's already known). But rather, is there the need for this glitch to be fixed.

On one hand people sound like if there's a CP team then defense be impenetrable, on the other you have people sounding like if CP team is destroyed then offense will be unstoppable.

Edited by saviourimpulse, 15 October 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#194 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Because people don't seem to understand how it works and what happens.
I present, spell breaker and portal recall.
It does not make skills instant cast. Yes you can spell break during immunity. I understand the majority of "bad" skills in Renewal have short cast times, but lets try to understand the nature of what is being discussed.

Edited by Xellie, 15 October 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#195 JulianThanos

JulianThanos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

xellie, what you cant see in your video is the absurd of the portal recall when it process right. Do a portal recall video and show it so the people can judge.

I do not mind when someone pass through the CP and manage to take a recall on the side of the emp or whatever, but having a friggin whole guild pop up like magic in top of your CP is at least unfair. Also there are the matter of portal stasis... i'll do a video to show it...

#196 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

What? That was a correctly executed portal recall. If he hadn't spell broken me, recall would have gone off. Do I need to video that too?

I will not be portal recalling in WoE any time soon, that is retarded in pre-trans WoE. It's a deathwish for the guild.

Edited by Xellie, 15 October 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#197 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

lol wtf

#198 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

From what I've been made aware is that there are at least 5 different methods of Portal Casting Recall. That is merely one method out of a slew of them, Xellie. Just wanted people to be aware about that much and that there is more than what meets the eye out there.

On one hand people sound like if there's a CP team then defense be impenetrable

Historically speaking, CP has never made defenses invincible. They have been broken before with enough force, determination, and organization. Though luck or disorganization on the players on the defensive can also play an integral part on the fall of a castle's defenses. People can get restless from prolonged periods of defending. From there they can make mistakes or stop defending altogether and start rushing out instead of doing what they're supposed to do.

That one WoE where the OPC alliance in a Valk WoE managed to break through was when a single Mech of theirs got in to SD the front door and take out a large number of our forces who were trying to stave off incoming players. From there you just simply had more people trickle in until the defense failed, regardless of CP being in play or not.

Edited by GuardianTK, 15 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#199 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Lol 5 "different methods" of portal recalling. Regardless of using 3rd party program to assist in portal recall or not, it works in the same manner and they can be spell broken. Valk players never ceases to amaze me.

#200 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

Way to take my quote out of context

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users