WoE feedback : Portal Casting - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE feedback : Portal Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

#201 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

What? That was a correctly executed portal recall. If he hadn't spell broken me, recall would have gone off. Do I need to video that too?

I will not be portal recalling in WoE any time soon, that is retarded in pre-trans WoE. It's a deathwish for the guild.

cloak + spam recall as you uncloak

profit

Edited by Aaronnn, 15 October 2012 - 03:02 PM.

#202 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

serious? I have to try that.

#203 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

And how will you solve the case of not being able to Spell Break said Portal Recaller if there's other people coming in that door? It's really hard to target a single person out of a shrew of other people hanging around in the same spot. It's already pointed out that Portal Recall can be Spell Breaked, but it hasn't been pointed out on how you can efficiently do that when there's different people coming in that portal at the same time.

#204 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

And how will you solve the case of not being able to Spell Break said Portal Recaller if there's other people coming in that door? It's really hard to target a single person out of a shrew of other people hanging around in the same spot. It's already pointed out that Portal Recall can be Spell Breaked, but it hasn't been pointed out on how you can efficiently do that when there's different people coming in that portal at the same time.

not often is there a zerg of peopel coming through a portal that is being portal recalled, and the times it is there is a pre cast.

i don't know anything about renewal, but portal recalling into a pre cast isnt the best idea unless the pre cast is weak.

#205 dent3000

dent3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChina
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Throw all your members into CP and pre-casting AOE is stupid.
Moreover, Spell Breaker isnt the only way to again Portal Recall, Volcanic Ash can makes it fail and the recaller will die instantly.

#206 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

If there are that many people coming through the door, what exactly does portal recalling accomplish other than recalling everybody back onto the precast?

Lol @ 5 different ways to portal recall, the end result is the same.

Edited by Hrishi, 15 October 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#207 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

Throw all your members into CP and pre-casting AOE is stupid.
Moreover, Spell Breaker isnt the only way to again Portal Recall, Volcanic Ash can makes it fail and the recaller will die instantly.

Volcanic Ash also affects allies. Precasting AoE's with GX's at the door is not exactly stupid when it's worked to stop invaders at the door. Especially when there's people trying to speed pot through the precast coming from the Sorc/Warl/DB RK's. Good luck stopping GTB'ed Recallers who can just walk right through all that. It's the reason why you need DB RK's and other attackers at the door to prevent these guys from simply walking in.

Sometimes you do have to resort to doing that when you're short on spellcasters and DB RK's anyways.

The effectiveness of a portal recall does depend on what castle we're talking about. Some will allow people that have been recalled to get away from the precast area relatively easily.

#208 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

wth

That just sounds like you need to rethink your precasting strategy if they can "get away from it easilly" after a portal recall.

I only posted the video to demonstrate the mechanics, not to say you should be using a sorc to spellbreak it. Tho, if you know a certain guild(leader) do it a lot, it's one method you can use to combat it.

Edited by Xellie, 15 October 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#209 dent3000

dent3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Volcanic Ash also affects allies. Precasting AoE's with GX's at the door is not exactly stupid when it's worked to stop invaders at the door.

GX cant use RC in CP, but you can use CP & Volcanic Ash at the same time.
And I dont think throwing all members into RC's is a better idea than throw them into a CP. :p_swt:

#210 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

serious? I have to try that.

ur so illegit

#211 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

GX cant use RC in CP, but you can use CP & Volcanic Ash at the same time.
And I dont think throwing all members into RC's is a better idea than throw them into a CP. :p_swt:

You can still cast RC at the edge of CP. Posted Image

Anyone speed potting to get away from the CP area is going to run right into that.

In my case we don't have that many spellcasters and DB RK's in our alliance, so we have to resort to the many GX and front line fighters to handle hit locking people at the door to keep them within the CP area...

Edited by GuardianTK, 15 October 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#212 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

another solution is to just not play renewal :hmm:

#213 liang2

liang2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

Anyone speed potting to get away from the CP area is going to run right into that.

In my case we don't have that many spellcasters and DB RK's in our alliance, so we have to resort to the many GX and front line fighters to handle hit locking people at the door to keep them within the CP area...

what Dent3000 means is to put Volcanic Ash inside CP which doesn't affect the GX outside of CP at all. it is against attackers not defenders.

#214 dent3000

dent3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

So you can cast RC at the edge of Volcanic Ash too, it just have 3x3 effect.Posted Image
I agree that CP has never make defenses invincible, but Portal Recall has never make offensive invincible. Portal Stasis is much more dangerous than Portal Recall.

Edited by dent3000, 15 October 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#215 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

off topic, get out of here plz.

#216 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

My bad. I misread what dent3000 was saying earlier about Volcanic Ash. It still doesn't completely solve the problem of portal casting though, since it's based on a 50/50 chance.

#217 KryssT

KryssT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Laggy Chaos

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

The whole point of CP is designed to make it easier for the defending guilds to do what they're doing in order to prevent the emp from being broken... CP is used to prevent members from snapping or backsliding at the get go, and to prevent people using MVP cards like FB or Spectre to wipe out the entire pre cast set up.. But it's still easy to rush in and take it all apart if you play right and play how woe is supposed to be.. COORDINATED AND TACTICAL!

I'm guessing if woe 1.0 worked how it was supposed to, with back slide being disabled as its supposed to be, and snap as well since both are a type of short distance teleport, which is not supposed to be allowed and MVP cards being enabled within a woe map, it is impossible for an alliance to defend a castle who try to play this game as its intended to be, while others just watch it all fall apart by abusing RMT or by finding loopholes in the mechanics of the game, which in reality the Gms need to be keeping an eye on. Which I bet is not possible cos of various issues, but they can atleast ensure that the tactics being used at woe are legit without people pulling of this portal casting bs..

There are numerous other ingenious ways to counter the CP area of effect by rushing in with tanks and what not.. All skills have a cool down and certain mechanics for a reason, so that the people efficiently using them don't have an advantage over the rest

This topic is seriously getting ridiculous by the hour.. I'm hoping the Gms would step in and come up with a solution or an argument to either side as soon as possible

Edited by KryssT, 15 October 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#218 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Solution:

remove woe 1.0 (AKA WOE WITH PORTALS) - Old, outdated trash.

Edited by Aaronnn, 15 October 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#219 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

But sadly we know that won't happen...

#220 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Solution:

remove woe 1.0 (AKA WOE WITH PORTALS) - Old, outdated trash.

+1

#221 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

WoE2.0 is a lot more fun with plenty of people. Too bad it's on Tuesdays during the week for Valk server...That's when most people have school or work. x_x

#222 nedric

nedric

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

So you can cast RC at the edge of Volcanic Ash too, it just have 3x3 effect.Posted Image
I agree that CP has never make defenses invincible, but Portal Recall has never make offensive invincible. Portal Stasis is much more dangerous than Portal Recall.

Thats the point, in most situation Portal Recall = whole guild suicide.

Again its interesting for me to notice that numerous ppl even didnt know the mechanism of PortalCast when they complained such alot.
No wonder iRO is the first server i known which complained PC before they exploring/undertaking basic in-game actions against PC.

The point now is "is it has the neccessity to ban it? Why?", besides, even if we clarify PortalCast into bannable behaviors, how to deal with those unintentional PortalCast? How WP support to distinguish intentional and unintentional?
Personally, it looks like some guilds cannot defend a castle without of a CP? then its the problem of strength of a guild/alliance. not portalcast's. Castles are awarded to the strongest guilds.

Edited by nedric, 16 October 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#223 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

like i say those people defending it USUALLY USE this tactic to win woe LOL

if they dun use that then their guild sucks :P

#224 liang2

liang2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

like i say those people defending it USUALLY USE this tactic to win woe LOL

if they dun use that then their guild sucks :P

defending what? CP or portal casting?

they are both tactics of portal abusing.

#225 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

The point now is "is it has the neccessity to ban it? Why?", besides, even if we clarify PortalCast into bannable behaviors, how to deal with those unintentional PortalCast? How WP support to distinguish intentional and unintentional?
Personally, it looks like some guilds cannot defend a castle without of a CP? then its the problem of strength of a guild/alliance. not portalcast's. Castles are awarded to the strongest guilds.

#1 There are no unintentional recall/howling/stasis/SD/ME portal casts, don't make me laugh.

#2 Personally, it looks like some guilds cannot attack a castle without portal recall? then it's the problem of strenght of a guild/alliance. Castles should be awarded to guilds that play legit (reminds me how some guilds were free to snatch ez castles with instant emp break, wink wink).

I don't see anyone outside *the guild* using this said portal *super skilled tactic* defending its usage, amirite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users