WoE feedback : Portal Casting - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE feedback : Portal Casting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

#151 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

OH!?!? why wasnt this pointed out when people started to try to reason on how classical pluck is supposedly a "Cheap Tactic" while it is working as intended??

but then when someone reports an obvious bug caught with a video you guys go on defence?

you guys really need to get your priorities right..

1) Because CP is an integral part of the Portal Casting debate. These "kRO buff" discussions are not.

2) Forum rules state that you should not post any incriminating pictures/videos that make it easy for people to discern who these said pictures/videos refer to, hence the reason why these things are normally edited out. The same goes for pictures/videos that clearly show abuse of glitches/bugs/3rd party programs.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 14 October 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#152 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

*Suggestion* Make Woe 1.0 Similar to Woe 2.0, WoE 2.0 is much more fun to play Strategically.

#153 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

i suggest getting rid of CP as one of the solutions to Portal Casting and i gave the reasons, i think it is on topic as a solution to portal casting.

i don't see how the "korean buff" relate to portal casting though. besides, the "korean buff" is obvious a skill/status that doesn't have a translate yet for our current client. it isn't a bug as you said.

CP itself is not main problem. What the problem is because you can stacking any ground skills (Ranger Traps, Hell's plant, Thorny Wall, etc) or use any ranged skills (Dragon Breath, GoH, etc) inside CP without affecting performers or allies inside CP. Even without CP itself doesn't make much difference except you can casting any un-interuppable skill to counter (like Dragon Breath/Storm Blast for RK)

#154 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

I subscribe to the "portal casting is only a problem for targeted/ground skills, and recall" school of thought (and recall is only a problem because of the 5 second invulnerability making it uninterruptible. The problem is that it makes recall uninterruptable, more than anything else, imo)

I feel like portal casting dazzler/howling/stasis/etc is perfectly reasonable. It evens the odds between defenders and attackers a bit. The use of third party programs to portal cast ground and player targeted skills is a lot more disruptive.

Though, of course, i'd prefer there be no portals like in WoE 2.

Too lazy to type out myself but if I did, it'd be this. Thanks DrAzzy.

#155 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

I agree with a lot of what azzy said accept the part where he said those portal casted skills will "[even] the odds between defenders and attackers a bit"

I feel that the defenders should have a clear advantage because their overall goal is to get that castle to as high of an econ as possible. If you make it just as easy to attack as it is to defend, then getting high econ will extreamly hard. And in this day in age where treasure drops drop pretty much nothing having that high econ is more importaint than ever.

Im also pretty sure, that if you stop portal casting of recall than all other skills will have to be stopped to. You cant stop just one thing and leave the others

Edited by CheddarJack, 15 October 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#156 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

I agree with a lot of what azzy said accept the part where he said those portal casted skills will "[even] the odds between defenders and attackers a bit"

I feel that the defenders should have a clear advantage because their overall goal is to get that castle to as high of an econ as possible. If you make it just as easy to attack as it is to defend, then getting high econ will extreamly hard. And in this day in age where treasure drops drop pretty much nothing having that high econ is more importaint than ever.

Im also pretty sure, that if you stop portal casting of recall than all other skills will have to be stopped to. You cant stop just one thing and leave the others

and having hundred godlies? That's what happen on Ymir and some official servers outside iRO problem after renewal. Castles are harder to attack and now boom boom godlies... While we also take advantage of that, it's not fun anymore...

I'm now even having more fun doing things in RO beside woe as stated on irowiki forum... kRO updates even also gives more and more worse thing in woe aspect while they improved much feature for quest/PvM and similar...

Edited by Exvee, 15 October 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#157 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Portal casting recall is and will be abused, it's been for years, personally it surprises me that NOW the gm decided to ask the community about it; I mean pretty obvious it is a cheat. I rather have portal cast disabled than offer a cheap advantage (which requires a third party program to be abused as well, so is that legal too?) to any loser who needs to cheat to win. Personal opinion, and I play a genetic, so I will be missing portal howling as well but even I can tell it's a broken feature.

#158 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Okay, it's stupid. Portal Casting is the problem, and people want to disable CP which is surely NOT the problem?

Are you afraid of CP? Are you afraid of safety wall? Are you afraid of sacrifice? People used this for YEARS, and they could always get a way over it. Performers are not invincible... If they were affected by Eska / Mental Strength like performing, then maybe they would be. But hell. [I can make a CP invincible, but this requires at least 7 classes to do. One of them is a linker.]

But no, you prefer to press a button in the other side of the portal to unleash a skill in the other side bypassing all the protection.

People say about SD, Stasis, Howling. They are the classic portal casted skills. But there are worse things to portal cast. The problem to portal cast those skills (I won't mention them) is because it's way harder.

People say like "defense" should be pointless and everyone should be breaking precasts in all the way they can. Then it would not be called War of Emperium, but Castle Rush instead, "the fastest wins".

CP outside a portal only blocks snappers / backsliders. But they (should) have speed potions to get over it.

PS: Sorry people, I get really offensive when they suggest another nerf to performers. It's very common nowadays.

Edited by asayuu, 15 October 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#159 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:20 AM

What if the mechanics of songs were changed so that you could no longer portal cast on CP?

#160 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

They could just make it so all skills failed in the AOE of CP. That'd be sickkkkk/awesome

#161 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

They could just make it so all skills failed in the AOE of CP. That'd be sickkkkk/awesome

volcanic ash status while standing in cp would be pretty badass. cp gonna get raped by that vellum sword tho

Edited by Easly, 15 October 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#162 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

Pot? O no you can't afk cp. The RK should die instantly.

#163 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

This past woe as we were defending our castle I saw multiple portalcasts from invading guilds. Not gonna bother to list them to start a flame war but thankfully we suppressed them before they touch the emp. As a guild defending a castle, knowing of course that portal casting is a common knowledge you should have 2 precasts. one in pre emp and one in emp with the recaller near the emperium. Share roles with allies. On saturdays have your allies help you defend your castle, in the end about 10-15 minutes before woe ends they can attempt to break a castle of their own. On tuesdays defend for that alliance and 10-15 minutes before woe ends attempt to break your own castle. From personal experience, everything you do whether it be defending or offensive you should always have backups so you sort of have a fallback/second chance to gain back the momentum you lost after losing the first precast. If worse comes to worse and you lose your last precast have your recaller near the emp recall everyone in and make your last stand. I seldom see guilds do this which leads for an easy break for the offensive team.

#164 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

the last 10-15mins is where it all happens.

#165 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Just don't go and try defending the middle Valk Realm's castle.

#166 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Bottom right luina is bad too lmao

#167 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Just don't go and try defending the middle Valk Realm's castle.

It's easy if you know what you are doing. It's just learn how to counter leap, which is freaking easy if you played a linker for a short time, except as a buff slave.

#168 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Afk that kawaii novice on the cell aww yeah. Or your own recaller or something. ( PROTIPS)

#169 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Oh I almost forgot about bottom right Luina. xP It's still easy to get away from a single person that's staying at the back of the room though as a Linker *Has done it before*. Might need to put in more than one for good measure. You gotta always watch it though, which can be extremely boring.

#170 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

It's a protip for a reason, you can't leap onto an occupied cell. Just occupy the cell.

#171 slwl1

slwl1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

lol i notice people who are defending these bugs are always abusing these bugs which SHOULD be banned LOL

#172 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's a protip for a reason, you can't leap onto an occupied cell. Just occupy the cell.

Really? First time I've heard of that. Thanks for the info.

#173 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

EFST_HANDICAPSTATE_NORECOVER = HP, SP 회복 불가 상태 = HP and SP recovery are disabled

That's the Vellum Flail effect based on that screenshot. Genetics can wear it, no? Or is it just AB and Sura?

Ah okay I see :p_idea: . I was thinking of Vellum, but I thought the icons would have been in English by now :pif:

#174 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

woe 1 is outdated, remove this -_-.

#175 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

woe 1 is outdated, remove this -_-.

This.

P.S- Leap Doesn't Work in WOE 2.0, so you know why the specific guild has a hard time in WoE 2.

Edited by RoyalHeritage, 15 October 2012 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users