The best suggestion, DO not release trans. - Page 2 - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The best suggestion, DO not release trans.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#26 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Dispel for people using Assumptio?

KE1, god. Or KAITE THEM

#27 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Server:Old Sakray :V

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

What was your sins str back then and what is it now? Also, did you bother to get katar mastery back then, and do you have it now? Also, if we really want to be nitpicking on old mechanics, old cloak was only against walls even at lvl 10, and thats one mechanic I would leave "back in the day".

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I used to have a sin back in THOSE cloak days and I prefer it now.

I've had sins with 72 str, 62 str, 94 str... results all the same.

my sin now has 56 str. Results the same. DA is a % of righthand crit.

#29 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

I am not going to make a fool of myself for having possibly missed a single mechanic, nor am I going to start a flame war with someone who could possibly be a troll. I am glad we at least agree that new cloak is better and more balanced at the same time, but you must admit the spawns are different on classic, for instance, there was no Baphomet in glast heim castle floor two, just some Bapho jrs.

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

I am not going to make a fool of myself for having possibly missed a single mechanic, nor am I going to start a flame war with someone who could possibly be a troll. I am glad we at least agree that new cloak is better and more balanced at the same time, but you must admit the spawns are different on classic, for instance, there was no Baphomet in glast heim castle floor two, just some Bapho jrs.

ACTUALLY! he spawned in c2 before being moved to Hidden temple. I remember those days well LOL. Monster speech was in briefly in those days. Bapho would teleport in... be all like "WHO'S YOUR DADDY!" and teleport out after LOVing us into the ground.

My friend even made a comic about it, because levelling there used to be amusing due to bapho ninjaing us.

#31 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

Well, you just proved monster spawns are indeed different, because on classic he is both in hidden temple and Glast Heim castle floor 2, in accordance with Einbroch episode if I am not mistaken.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

It's not bad though. Take batholians for example. Back when I played that map was anolians, only, I 99ed there. Back when other people started it was bathories only. Which player should they cater to? The one that played since 2002 or the one that played since 2005+ or make a solution for both?

#33 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

I agree with you but I personally think they could have done better. Like Glast Heim St. Abbey back in the day was extremely fun, at least for me. the spawns and layout of floor two attracted a lot of acos and second class characters, and eventually it became a sort of town of it's own right complete with merchants on the cross. But yes, you bring up a good point, and I am not saying bapho in GH Castle floor 2 is a bad thing, I personally liked that touch tbh.

Edited by Roda, 18 October 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

I was an aco who spent many days begging for mag parties on the cross. And tanking random acos in payon 4 in exchange for heals on my sin. So I know what you mean. They could have done better yes, but it would be far away from the classic we would remember as newer (post amatsu) players wouldn't be able to relate at all.

#35 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

And on that point, this is why I suggested delaying trans on the current classic and taking that time to make another server to remain permanently pre-trans. Of course, the likelihood of this happening would be very slim, but I can already name several people who would come back, generating possible new revenues and creating a little more variety to pick from. The real question is, can the current server boxes handle this, and if not, would they be willing to buy new ones?

#36 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Splitting the small population more as well as the EXTREMELY small GM teams forces is a terrible idea.

#37 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I agree, but the truth is we need to increse the server population somehow, and I know several people who would come back if they knew there was a permanent pre-trans server, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a a sizable number of people would come back if the word of it spread. I also believe that word of classic hasn't completely spread around because my brother didn't even know it existed until I told him of it about 3 weeks ago. It's quite possible we have an untapped player base there as well. As for the GM team, they really do need to hire more, but there are probably funding issues there. I don't know what to tell you about the small GM team.

#38 click2respawn

click2respawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

lol'd so hard.

#39 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Not saying you're wrong but there are some that go out of their way just to play pre-trans, and though I hate to mention them on the forums, some go as far as to make private servers which attract populations 300-500, which is lost money in gravities pocket so to speak. The solution is not to look for them to shut them down, but to make a server that caters to these people. This may cause some of the more concientious server owners to shut down. I am not saying this is a guarantee, however. But even with those that don't shut down, some people will surely come back to iRO.

#40 AgresteMarley

AgresteMarley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

I AGREE!!

PLEASE ALLOW THE CLASSIC CONTINUE AS IS AND WAIT FOR THE UPDATE 1 MORE YEAR!

IF THE NAME OF SEVER is CLASSIC, SO MUST GO ON FOR A GOOD TIME, BECAUSE IF SO QUICK UPDATE SOON ALREADY HAVE THE CLASS 3

POR FAVOR PERMITAM QUE O CLASSICO CONTINUAR COMO ESTÁ E ADIAR A ATUALIZAÇÃO POR MAIS 1 ANO!

SE O NOME DO SEVER É CLASSICO , TEM QUE CONTINUAR ASSIM POR UM BOM TEMPO , PORQUE SE FOREM ATUALIZAR TÃO RÁPIDO LOGO JÁ TERÁ AS CLASSES 3

Edited by AgresteMarley, 29 October 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#41 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hey amigo!
O que você não entende em: o servidor nunca vai com 3rd classes?

#42 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

didn't feel like reading all posts because this suggestion sucks but how do you die to -_- grand cross in woe? you just stand there naked and wait for them to kill you or something?

#43 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I read all of the suggestions and there is nothing on dying to grand cross in WoE O.o.....If you are referring to how angeling card can be OP, it makes GC totally worthless and reduces damage from a lot of spells...which is indeed OP, as this makes you much more durable when running through a pre-cast. And personally I would love to know exactly how this is a bad suggestion, as my memory of trans is mostly a gear mill, while pre-trans was a unique experience among online games, hence it's success. For example pre-trans you could succeed with a good build and strong knowledge of your build....the only equip that was positively necessary to succeed was your weapon...although reducs helped a lot in WoE.Even then it was customary to swap weapons for various situations, as it was far more effective...and I don't mean just using one weapon for PvM and another for WoE. Swapping armors was also very common back then, because the card was more important than the armor itself in most cases.

#44 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

from a post in first page defending the uselfulness of saders

there's grandcross and if there is angeling card then its very simple to get 1 shot inside WoE

:hmm:

and it's a crappy suggestion because like someone said, most classes are useless in non trans woe. that you can kill random non potting people with probably -_- builds and equips doesn't mean you're useful

#45 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I have to disagree with this someone because the only class that has limited use in non-trans WoE from my experience (which is long imo, dating back to 2003 before 2-2 classes came out) is assassin, and even then, a good one can sometimes sneak past a pre-cast and provide good intel, and in addition crit sin builds make the best breakers when done right. In addition, if you don't have pots or a good battle plan, why are you WoEing? Stripper rogues can be devastating if they have a good build and are used properly, knights provide a good backbone if they have full reducs an are built properly, Full sac Crusaders are indispensable in a charge because they greatly increase your durability, and the only real broken skill is Gfist/asura, but even that has a balance....the moment it is used, you are useless for a moment, and need to use SP recovery item and recast each sphere one at a time, then cast fury, and then re-cast each sphere one at a time....before you can be put to use again. Blacksmiths make excellent reserve breakers as they break a mere one second slower than a crit sin if built properly. To me it seems the point people are missing is that pre-trans RO is in the BUILD and SKILL LEVEL (as in how comfortable are you with your class) rather than the EQUIPMENT. Most people fit under knight or monk as far as aptitude goes, but don't know it. Knight is actually the overall best WoE class, but this is not what I am seeing on classic. Perhaps people are treating classic like it is trans, and that is where a lot of problems stem. Also it seems a lot of people forgot some old effective builds. And if your complaining now, I'm just letting you know it is now easier to be good at a lot of the classes. Take assassin for example, back in the day Cloak only worked against walls, even at level 10. I actually played assassin back then, and back then, assassins were jokes. At least now they are somewhat useful in WoE, but overall they were meant to be a PvP/PvM class at the start.

#46 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

it doesn't matter what it was like 10 years ago, people have changed and how they play has changed. it's not going to go back to that and if you try to force it you'll just end up with a 100 player server <_<

#47 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

The thing I find funny however, is that people "changed the way they played" for renewal, but are unwilling to for an older version of RO which has already proven it's worth. Honestly, if you would just learn how to play pre-renewal RO, it would likely turn out better than trans...but this is just my opinion......What I find funny however is that you say it won't work but basically admit that neither you nor anyone else is trying to make it work. So what has me stunned is people are willing to adapt to renewal, but not pre-trans, which is a whole lot more balanced than renewal.

*add-on:was tired when I wrote this post, hence seeming to repeat myself, should probably go to sleep.*

Edited by Roda, 31 October 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#48 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

have you ever thought that maybe those old effective builds and stuff aren't being used anymore because they aren't really that effective? like how no one uses heal in woe because it's just not good. maybe it has changed because everyone has played the game for years and know it better now than back when it was new

#49 Roda

Roda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Heal is no longer effective in WoE, but Sanctuary is. And I have thought about it, and in fact tested it even before classic came about, and although many of the old builds are now worthless, a lot still hold up. Ever tried using a spear knight? It's overshadowed with trans, but pre-trans it can actually be better than a BB oriented sword build. Sages are needed for Endow, if nothing else, but skilled players can figure out ways to get them in combat. And I don't care what class you are, you are patently less effective without your weapon. Monks can still kill, but most classes are pretty much screwed weaponless. and if a fully reduced knight is giving you trouble, just strip them of their equips, and see who's laughing then. And are you forgetting party buffs? Angelus? Magnificat? These are far more useful than you give them credit for. And lets not forget B.S. Sacrementi, which endows holy property on the armor of characters in a 3x3 radius, which imo makes you much tougher against a pre-cast due to elemental resist. The only real drawback is that you need at least 2 acolyte class characters around the user, but this isn't much of a drawback when you see the results. Ironically though, it's old effect was stronger, casting the skill on the whole party rather than just a 3x3 area around the user. There seems to be A LOT your not looking into.

And because it seems your not looking inot a lot, I will help you. Just bear in mind some of this stuff is a tad outdated due to updates that they didn't revert, but you can't get any more official on the old skill text than this... http://web.archive.o...jobpriskill.asp

#50 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Magnificat in WoE vry stonk.> After your Gfist you can regen faster!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users