#51 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal again

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

If Id want to safely snap around and play as CC support with no God/MVP gears setup:

Posted Image

1. I put up mine AGI > for some masq-resistance and ASPD for Snapping. Party weapon buffs also from a battle mechanic helps for boosting ATK/ASPD.
http://youtu.be/FlJOPLklu2o
2. LUK for some ATK bonus and howl-resistance.
3. Hide is very helpful.
4. I dont bother bringing Fire armor vs Dragon Breath coz Im pretty fine with just Pneuma.

If you wana kill on GoH > which is always risky since you need to be in low HP to deal high dmg plus wearing more HP/SP/ATK gears (and that G. Fist also still works and watch yourself vs Freeze -GT Cure Lv 1 needed) other than WoE robe set, Id suggest to be with a Sacrifice RG with you. Having also a Vellum Flail (prevents target using healing items for some seconds) hit then use spam GoH or just let somebody do the job.

Other higher tier gear that you may want or access/borrow from your guild:
Maya Purple mid-hat > helps alot specially chasing sneaky recallers (GX/SCs or Sura w/Hiding)
Brynhild

Posted Image

and lastly; Id advise you to be in a party because being 1-man (like most Suras I see these days) will be always better than soloing around WoE. ;)

This is the one of the few posts that enlightened me again to play my Sura. Gonna copy this too. :rice:

#52 legenz1

legenz1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

yall so silly i would go for my vit because just using one hit skill like goh or gfist is just silly did you guys forget about TC plus you can change element on it with good gears you can 1 shot alot of people even mob people in woe

#53 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm really tempted to reset my sura to like

1 dex and high everything else and play just high resist/cursed circle on it sometimes. Could also always GOH in pvp with low hp and instant cast with that build too for trolling

#54 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

dont expect to kill gxes with GOH with 1 dex lol

#55 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

dont expect to kill gxes with GOH with 1 dex lol

Do you mean by having 1 dex means you wont hit them or do you mean anything else? If im not mistaken, GoH ignores Flee right? :o

#56 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:retired

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Flee is reduced by 20% in woe anyway so it is possible to have 1 dex and still kill a gx with goh lol. Im guessing the hp/sp part ignores flee so it can be done in pvp as well.

EDIT: when you have standard goh build with 90ish int, vip buffs, job bnouses etc and 1 base dex you'll have <50% variable cast from stats.
that is further reduced by +12 CEB KK, and 4x Spell3 giving you 20-25%ish variable cast or 0.5 to 0.7 seconds (usual cast time for goh). You also have somewhat enough hit to hit a gx in woe

Was playing around using this calc haha http://calc.jellyupload.com/

Edited by kevru, 28 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#57 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

you'd have to damage yourself a bit to one shot a GX w/o shield. if lets say you cant kill him with 80% life in one hit the GX has enough time to retaliate and kill you. If he does have shield he'll last longer and poison you so you are forced to either leave him alone / Gfist him or ask for assistance.

#58 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm just missing the upper headgear, the middle one maybe, the shield and the accs. I'm currently using +12 Turkey with carat, Pirate Dagger, +4 Bradium Shield with thara, Clip with Smokie and D.Ring uncarded. I know, the accs suck and it's not the best equip. I got some money and was thinking on what should I buy first. +12 Immune Shield with Thara, +12 CEB, and the accs, what is good besides the RWC rings/pendants? Cause I don't have those. Black Rosary?

#59 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

The reset NPC will be in till 5/7 so, should I reset my stats? I mean, it's free! WoE build, similar to Hayroh's.
Base stats:

Str 90
Agi 60
Vit 95
Int 95
Dex 90
Luk 34

Equip I use

+12 CEB
BDM
Pirate Dagger
+9 WoE Robe with Marc / Unfrozen Fire.
+9 KvM Mace
+7 Valky with Thara
+9 WoE Muffler with Raydric
+9 WoE Shoes with Firelock
Accs: hiding accs + -_-ty accs. I gotta improve this xD

#60 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

drop int to 79 and get 90 agi. This is so good if you're CCing precasts, faster snap to dodge some nasty aoe too.

#61 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Why 79 int? That's the same build you posted before lol.
I have 60 agi and I use things that increase my agi and aspd, and I think I get like 18x aspd with that. And snapping is not a problem for me. I don't know how would be the diferrence on those 30 more agi points. I think it'd be something like this:

I asked the uploader and that sura has 80-100 agi. But I'm sure the video was speed'ed up.

Edited by Joaco, 27 April 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#62 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Right now with full buff my aspd is 190. I am able to snap CC fast. Paired with a GR and WoE set. Its around 188. Agi lets you chain a bit better I mean you could tell quickly if sura has very low agi. Easy to catch, esp if youre planning to snap past the aoe line of the pre cast. You get 2-3 times youre a goner you get hitlocked and debuffed.

#63 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Btw for accessories I would go for some water drop brooches for now. Black Rosary is too much of an investment

#64 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

I don't think I really need 90 agi atm, I mean, it would be cool yeah, but I'm not a recaller, and when I'm on pre-casts, I can freely go through them.
About accs, those would be good for more water reduc, yeah. One with smokie and the other with Kafra Blossom. The thing about Black Rosaries is to reach 100 MDEF though, And it's possible, but I want to make sure if it worths it, so I'd have a free slot on the armor, to put a GR (don't own one) or a Pasana woe robe (better than Unfrozen fire armor because of the WoE set bonus).

#65 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

I don't think I really need 90 agi atm, I mean, it would be cool yeah, but I'm not a recaller, and when I'm on pre-casts, I can freely go through them.
About accs, those would be good for more water reduc, yeah. One with smokie and the other with Kafra Blossom. The thing about Black Rosaries is to reach 100 MDEF though, And it's possible, but I want to make sure if it worths it, so I'd have a free slot on the armor, to put a GR (don't own one) or a Pasana woe robe (better than Unfrozen fire armor because of the WoE set bonus).

Its really hard to say 1.2b is worth it if you will end up not wearing it all the time. I mean you can buy an 2 RWC boxes for 800m. (generally) and those things are good for anything, PVM/WOE/PVP. A fun tip. If you put WoE robe on your shortcut key. you can switch pretty quickly since you only need 1 key to switch to all 3 armors.

#66 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Sura and black rossary? No! you won't be able to achieve 100 Mdef anyways as a sura, and the odd ~94Mdef that you'll reach, you're still gonna get frozen with a 100% chance.

#67 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Sura and black rossary? No! you won't be able to achieve 100 Mdef anyways as a sura, and the odd ~94Mdef that you'll reach, you're still gonna get frozen with a 100% chance.

Of course you can if you're playing supportish. 8 mdef long mace.

#68 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

i should have edit'ed before i got the answer like long mace...was pretty sure it was gonna come, so yea anyways....unless what you suggest going pure Support/CC built i,e using a long mace, you won't be able to get it.

#69 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Gibbet black frame glasses + 4lc in mouth gets you 99 that'd do it too ;D

#70 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

Included Gibbet

Edit - Plus Even 99 doesn't work :D, tested it out with guildies.

Edited by RoyalHeritage, 01 May 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#71 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

30 accessories, 5 valk shield, 5 pom, 50 woe set that's 90... D: the damage bonus from CEB is totally worthless and insignificant from everything i've tested I've stuck with only pom hats since.

#72 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

CEB is much more useful than a POM, and also POM was included so was BFG :D, CEB/Turkey is the way to go for most sura's cuz there's hardly any support sura

#73 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

So you're saying that 100 MDEF is only good if I'm gonna be support and ccing? No needed if GoH build?

#74 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

So you're saying that 100 MDEF is only good if I'm gonna be support and ccing? No needed if GoH build?

yep. It's not worth it, if you already have the rosaries good but if you're planning on buying that not worth the money.

#75 vnivni

vnivni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

yall are terrible suras. this is a good goh build

STR: 100
AGI: 40
VIT: 100
INT: 90
DEX: 90
LUK: 37

Top: +12 CEB [carat]
Mid: XXX[Maya P]
Low: Umbala Spirit

Armor: You definitley need an unforzen and a fire armor. I like D.Robe [Marc] and Bryns while switching to fire armor when needed.
Shield: +12 Valk/Immune [Thara}
Garment: +12 Nyd should be your only recommended garment. Why? because it increases SP, and the small ATK boost and 3% more neutral resist isn't worth the loss of broad elemental resistance. Plus the DEX bonus doesn't affect GoH.
Shoes: Variants are the only thing you ever need

Accessory: If you're using a D.Robe a D.Ring [Smokie] should be a given to have. If not, Meg, Glorious Ring/MoH, or Kafra Blossom carded somethings.

Skill build http://irowiki.org/~...QsNeAGAkdabfUcY

With this build you can very easily hit 184 ASPD, have a super fast cast time on goh and the GoH does a minimum of 60k damage at full health.

What's the use of power velocity?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users