What is a 3rd party program? - Page 3 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What is a 3rd party program?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#51 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Are people allowed to post WoE videos with RCX?

^

#52 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

^ This.

I know several people who actually got BANNED for the use of RCX in WoE in the past few months... and the worst thing is that GM's requested an ACCOUNT WIPE in order to get the accounts back...

If what Heim said is correct... what is gonna happen to those guys who w/o knowing about RCX policy and to keep playing the game, AGREED to the ACCOUNT WIPE and now they have to start all over again.

Heim, are you going to give them back their gears and such???

It was illegal at the time.

So, no.

#53 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

It was illegal at the time.

So, no.

That depends on the head honcho who oversees bans...laws change in the real world and depending on what the elected officials say you can appeal a conviction.

#54 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Question, i've used my phone to log on RO and feed my homunculus when i'm away using PhoneMyPC for the android console. All i can literally do is talk on the phone and just click where the mouse is positioned. would this be counted as one of those banned third party programs? cause im still playing the game, just from a distance.

#55 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Question, i've used my phone to log on RO and feed my homunculus when i'm away using PhoneMyPC for the android console. All i can literally do is talk on the phone and just click where the mouse is positioned. would this be counted as one of those banned third party programs? cause im still playing the game, just from a distance.

ooh i wouldn't think so since you are playing....good idea btw.

#56 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

This would literally be up for debate but I'd HAVE to say no personally as you are still controlling it, even from a distance...

#57 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Edited by Vendizzle, 12 December 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#58 Vendizzle

Vendizzle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Would be much easier to give the GM video evidence of players cheating during woe.

#59 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

what a nerd!

#60 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

pssh i just pushed feed 10x and afk for an hr 30.

#61 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Not unless your OS is considered a 3rd Party Program

#62 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Is the policy on macros which simulate keystrokes and mouseclicks unchanged? (this functionality is provided by many "gaming keyboards" and high end mice, as well as many software solutions)

Last I heard, the policy was that they must not do something inhumanly fast/well, and the player must not use them without being at the computer and able to respond. Is this correct?

Oh sweet, I need to look into that - I was never able to make the RO window display correctly via RDP nor VNC.

I've wanted something like that since I got my Note.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 December 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#63 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

^

#64 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

&^

#65 MrBiggg

MrBiggg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

Is the policy on macros which simulate keystrokes and mouseclicks unchanged? (this functionality is provided by many "gaming keyboards" and high end mice, as well as many software solutions)

Last I heard, the policy was that they must not do something inhumanly fast/well, and the player must not use them without being at the computer and able to respond. Is this correct?

I would also like to know the answer to this.

I have some undeniable video evidence of one of the forum moderators using such software. We can put that "special preferences" theory to the test.

#66 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I would also like to know the answer to this.

I have some undeniable video evidence of one of the forum moderators using such software. We can put that "special preferences" theory to the test.

Considering I've been using macros to save myself on buffs a little. I don't see why not. It's not playing the game for you, you're still there to input the command, It just makes buffing and potting a little easier. Neither of it falls into autopotting or autobuffing as far as I know. I've been using my keyboard macros from my G510 for at least 2 years now so I think I'm in the clear unless otherwise said... <_<

#67 MrBiggg

MrBiggg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Considering I've been using macros to save myself on buffs a little. I don't see why not. It's not playing the game for you, you're still there to input the command, It just makes buffing and potting a little easier. Neither of it falls into autopotting or autobuffing as far as I know. I've been using my keyboard macros from my G510 for at least 2 years now so I think I'm in the clear unless otherwise said... <_<

What about using multiple computers to run macro's controlling multiple characters?

Would you consider that as fair? Technically you are at the computers and can stop them. But also it is inhumanly possible.

#68 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

What about using multiple computers to run macro's controlling multiple characters?

Would you consider that as fair? Technically you are at the computers and can stop them. But also it is inhumanly possible.

These "Macros" you speak of are actual programs that are specifically coded with inputs for these characters to act on their own, which includes logging in, spamming, hunting on their own, etc.
On top of that they're clearly violating Terms of Service which prevents the use of automated programs that play the game for you while you're away or otherwise.

The macros on my KEYBOARD, Physically. Are part of a program that I drag n' drop keys myself that I want to use for specific actions that I Control MYSELF.

One is fully automated the other is just simplifying some commands. Keyboard macros can't pull off what bots can do.

The difference here is that the bots are playing for the user, while I'm playing the game for myself while using shortcut inputs (or macros).

You can call me a cheater if you feel however I feel I'm within the "Gray" area and still fully playing the game under my own control while I'm actually in the game. Not AFK or Tabbing like most botters do.

On top of that it's an officially licensed program with the keyboard that supports various games including other MMOs... Alright, that's pretty much all I had to add.

Edited by Senkasa, 12 December 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#69 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

It seems someone started a Witch Hunt... xD

#70 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

It seems someone started a Witch Hunt... xD

A witch usually has to hide for there to be a hunt.

#71 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Oh sweet, I need to look into that - I was never able to make the RO window display correctly via RDP nor VNC.

I've wanted something like that since I got my Note.

PhoneMyPc has been the only client that has displayed RO window without lagging/crashing. It's pretty neat for emergencies.

#72 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

PhoneMyPc has been the only client that has displayed RO window without lagging/crashing. It's pretty neat for emergencies.

Indeed, I have seen this feature before.

I doubt it can be consider a 3rd party program since it doesn't affect directly RO itself but just help you control your PC from your cellphone... kinda like a remote control...

#73 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

can we use rcx or not? I'm confused

#74 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Heim, since you're talking about developing your own in house tools, I would like to suggest a feature RCX had. Account collector. The ability to save logins and then use alt+ a number/letter to auto fill in the login for that account. I know I'm not the only one with a lot of logins, from leading a guild and having numerous storage accounts, to having numerous mvp accounts, side accounts for people to borrow for siege. This would be a wonderful feature to add.

I would also like to see this if you are implementing your own in house tools, this is one of the most useful parts of rcx.

#75 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

can we use rcx or not? I'm confused

You can but you CAN NOT use the heal slave/bot portion. They are not responsible if you get banned and you will not get unbanned for it.

It's kinda a "use it at your own risk" thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users