What is a 3rd party program? - Page 6 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What is a 3rd party program?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#126 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Black magic.

#127 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Black magic.

Racist xD

#128 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

wow

#129 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

thought the GM's doesn't allow giving away proofs on abusers over forum :p_omg:

Edit - This cheats has been around for quite a while now =\

Edited by RoyalHeritage, 17 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#130 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Can you just give me the issue timestamps so I can look better I'm too lazy to watch that closely.

#131 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

:(

Edited by Ambur, 17 December 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#132 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

[mod]Send in a ticket if you believe someone is using 3rd party programs, posting them on the forums isn't allowed.[/mod]

#133 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

It was a link to his own video wtf lol

someone pm me the video and the time stamps im interested

Edited by Viri, 17 December 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#134 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I always do enjoy a good mod power trip

There are lots of people using packet editor filters to achieve some very... contingency based gameplay though. I've seen it used a lot of times, people I know use them. No real way to report it though it just looks like consistent and incrdibly fast reaction unless of course you post a video of yourself lol

#135 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I always do enjoy a good mod power trip

There are lots of people using packet editor filters to achieve some very... contingency based gameplay though. I've seen it used a lot of times, people I know use them. No real way to report it though it just looks like consistent and incrdibly fast reaction unless of course you post a video of yourself lol

Lol.

#136 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

This thread is called 3rd party programs. I thought they were up for discussion?

#137 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Need someone to Ralis in his place... again.

Honestly posting videos that people posted of themselves should be up for discussion as in how could this be done legitly/etc. If you post it on youtube it should be FFA

#138 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

- Packet Sniffers and Editors are right out, they can get information that the game client doesn't display to the player, or edit data to possibly cause problems.

I fail to see the need for discussion. Obvious video was obvious.

#139 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

What if they're an average player that doesn't understand what this looks like? No one can report it if they don't know what to look for.

I get accused of autopotting daily pretty much. I think we need to encourage people to learn and understand at least how to visually identify wtf the difference is between cheating and people just being able to press a button a few times fast.

Edited by Viri, 17 December 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#140 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I don't create the rules, Viri, I just enforce them. If you want to discuss people posting their own videos, then please do so with the CMs. In the meantime, they fall under the category of not allowed.

Likewise, if you have a problem with my moderation, then take it up with Oda.

#141 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I fail to see the need for discussion. Obvious video was obvious.

What if they're an average player that doesn't understand what this looks like? No one can report it if they don't know what to look for.

I get accused of autopotting daily pretty much. I think we need to encourage people to learn and understand at least how to visually identify wtf the difference is between cheating and people just being able to press a button a few times fast.

@Xellie: You fail to see it because you know what to look for... A majority of players do not. Hence why someone posted a video in this thread asking if it was cheating.

#142 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

unfortunately, if you encourage people to go through youtube looking for cheats, this can lead to all sorts of problems so as misunderstanding the situation, video not being clear enough, incorrect name spellings and the like.

Focus on what you see in game, imo =/

#143 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

At least they have a clue as to what to look for. Videos should never be reportable unless they're just a replay because they're too fakeable if someone really wanted to take the time. It's more for seeing the "mechanic" than accusing anyone.

#144 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:Renewal again

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

From this point on, we will not be suspending based on videos/screenshots/daguerrotypes showing RCX use, unless it was being shown as using the "healslave" function.

So EXP viewer on, videos or screenshots are fine too? Just not the illegit features? [botting/healslave]

#145 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

So EXP viewer on, videos or screenshots are fine too? Just not the illegit features? [botting/healslave]

In summary, it appears so.

#146 OpticBlast

OpticBlast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • Server:Renewal again

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

In summary, it appears so.

This is very nice.

#147 Conjure

Conjure

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well after reading the post. I still don't know for sure that RCX is allowed on not. But I know that one guy got banned using RCX some months back.

Edited by Conjure, 19 December 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#148 AratusX

AratusX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

At some point a number of years ago we were presented with a translated RO program that did neat little things like monitor EXP, records game activities in an ultra small format, shows AoE effects as colored ground tiles instead of hard to see through/ or unshown graphics; this was great for WoE as it allowed better tactical readout. This program was RCX. We made an exception to our "no 3rd party program" rule specifically for RCX.....

RCX in itself is fine

Im not sure if the can of worms this has opened up was fully understood. Currently in order to have RCX work with iRO Classic you must edit your client to allow for injection. To sum up the reason for allowing RCX it was said it does not give any additional information that was previously unknown it just puts it into an easier to view format for better tactical response. The can of worms this opens is enormous. Things exist such as editing certain players sprites to be enormous in size, editing WoE 2.0 Barricades to be small so that you can easily target players around them, editing the Emperium size to make it easier to target, enlarging card sprites to be easier to spot in a pile of loot and many many others. All of these things fall under the same umbrella, the client needs to be edited, which by allowing RCX is the GM team saying that is ok to do. These also do not give any additional information, they only make tactics easier by changing visual elements of the game, just as RCX does. Both of these we have just been told are acceptable reasons to edit your client and use 3rd party programs.

I'm sure this is a completely unforseen grey area that has now been created but knowing the lengths that players go to and existing client modifications that exist, i think the GM team needs to reconsider exactly what they have done and clarify what is and is not allowed and remove all grey area from their decisions before this becomes yet another example of abuse.

#149 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Im not sure if the can of worms this has opened up was fully understood. Currently in order to have RCX work with iRO Classic you must edit your client to allow for injection. To sum up the reason for allowing RCX it was said it does not give any additional information that was previously unknown it just puts it into an easier to view format for better tactical response. The can of worms this opens is enormous. Things exist such as editing certain players sprites to be enormous in size, editing WoE 2.0 Barricades to be small so that you can easily target players around them, editing the Emperium size to make it easier to target, enlarging card sprites to be easier to spot in a pile of loot and many many others. All of these things fall under the same umbrella, the client needs to be edited, which by allowing RCX is the GM team saying that is ok to do. These also do not give any additional information, they only make tactics easier by changing visual elements of the game, just as RCX does. Both of these we have just been told are acceptable reasons to edit your client and use 3rd party programs.

I'm sure this is a completely unforseen grey area that has now been created but knowing the lengths that players go to and existing client modifications that exist, i think the GM team needs to reconsider exactly what they have done and clarify what is and is not allowed and remove all grey area from their decisions before this becomes yet another example of abuse.

Replacing clragexe with old clragexe to make RCX usable =/= grf editing for the things you mentioned.

#150 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

grf editting is the devil

0 user(s) are reading this topic