What is a 3rd party program? - Page 7 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

What is a 3rd party program?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#151 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

GRF editing will get you banned if caught, and you know who you are and you know what some of those GRF edits are.

#152 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

There are people who have turned all player sprites into hodes and turned the aura white, aren't there Inubashiri?

Edited by Daray, 20 December 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#153 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

now there's a good idea.

Why does every thread devolve into hodes? ):

#154 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Why does every thread devolve into hodes? ):

Since they changed the map (2 south of Morroc) and removed cliff-sniping with a bow, it just hasn't been the same. :sob:

#155 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

You mean auto targeting? There is an illegal way to auto target skills or attacks on to a certain player when they come in screen range it would be the same as botting basically. I've heard people use it, but I have no way to identify or prove it.

I did a quick Google search and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdTViAa3FE

Edit: I dont know who these guys are, but my intention was only to explain/show what auto target is.

Edited by ilovemilk, 31 December 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#156 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

^ I'm pretty sure there's another version of the video from the other player's perspective.,.. that seems to be more "accurate".

#157 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I did a quick Google search and found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xdTViAa3FE

Edit: I dont know who these guys are, but my intention was only to explain/show what auto target is.

The example only works if you see it from the players perspective that's actually doing the cheating. A lot of the "proof" there is him snapping into range of fist, and you could easily chalk that up to "I was already targeting him."

But then there is the issue of things such as Replay and ROReplay which cause the mouse to not follow what the player was actually doing, so that could be an excuse as well.

Of course, saying "ok, no autotarget now" is a different story.

#158 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

If you watched the video from the other person's perspective they had battlechat on so you could see the gfist skill spam failing after he fisted him while he was still in range because the packet just kept spamming but he had no spheres or fury. Lmao

#159 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

If you watched the video from the other person's perspective they had battlechat on so you could see the gfist skill spam failing after he fisted him while he was still in range because the packet just kept spamming but he had no spheres or fury. Lmao

I think you mean this one?

#160 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Best video name ever though I lol'd

#161 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

Best video name ever though I lol'd

I'm pretty sure there was another one but can't tell since the quality is kinda bad...

#162 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCDjsUsl4RU

He recorded himself cheating and didnt even realized it? Epic.

#163 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Well yeah, in this specific case we're talking about morons. I'm more referring to people who have a long history of cheating because they're not easy to catch.

#164 Temp3MonthAcct

Temp3MonthAcct

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 649 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

this topic should be pinned in the main ragnarok section too. not just this subforum.

#165 Lee954

Lee954

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

So this means I could make maybe vids of me with RCX (colored tile part and how much exp I gain after beating monsters feature)

#166 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I apologize for the fact that this is something of a necro-post, but I have a legitimate question....

Years ago, when I played in Beta, there was a third party program going around which expanded the camera's ability to zoom and change angles. 
While I am firmly against botting and any kind of cheat mechanics, I did personally use that program because I enjoyed the ability to change the camera perspective, particularly because I spent most of my time sitting around chatting in interesting and attractive locations.

I am not a competitive player, don't do WoE or PvP, and have no aspirations of being an MVP hunter or super-powerful player.
I'd just like to know if a program like that, which merely gives a greater range of freedom to the camera controls (which I have no idea if such still even exists by itself), is also considered forbidden under the rules.

If the answer is a resounding and obvious "No", please be gentle and I'll try not to feel too stupid for asking. :ani_swt3:

#167 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

I apologize for the fact that this is something of a necro-post, but I have a legitimate question....

Years ago, when I played in Beta, there was a third party program going around which expanded the camera's ability to zoom and change angles. 
While I am firmly against botting and any kind of cheat mechanics, I did personally use that program because I enjoyed the ability to change the camera perspective, particularly because I spent most of my time sitting around chatting in interesting and attractive locations.

I am not a competitive player, don't do WoE or PvP, and have no aspirations of being an MVP hunter or super-powerful player.
I'd just like to know if a program like that, which merely gives a greater range of freedom to the camera controls (which I have no idea if such still even exists by itself), is also considered forbidden under the rules.

If the answer is a resounding and obvious "No", please be gentle and I'll try not to feel too stupid for asking. :ani_swt3:

I asked the CM regarding this and they said it's okay as long it doesn't change anything more than that.

#168 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:21 AM

Sry to necro too but can we also let no-shake hex legal on woe vids? Frequent shakes in siege are just bad for the eyes :3, and they arent game breaking anyways.

#169 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

Sry to necro too but can we also let no-shake hex legal on woe vids? Frequent shakes in siege are just bad for the eyes :3, and they arent game breaking anyways.

If you want to make your WoE vids shake free, why not record woe with RO Replay, and just replay them on a hexed client? 

#170 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

Becasue roreplay doesn't allow you to record with effects off

#171 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

The shaking causes seizures for me.

#172 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

If you want to make your WoE vids shake free, why not record woe with RO Replay, and just replay them on a hexed client? 

Not just for the woe recording [i prefer bandi/fraps since its better to have your cursor/aim being seen] but having no perma shakes is very comfy during gameplay, [like in classic woes], my eyes just cant take too much shaky shaky too :(

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 16 April 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#173 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

They should make the no-shake a feature in the client, like the shop/chat removal was added to the client.

#174 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

bump for daddy heim, make no shakes hex legit pls /thx

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 16 June 2014 - 11:52 PM.

#175 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

So is RCX Legal or not? I just found out about it reading through the forums and just wondering if I should use it for Bowling bash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users