Merge both servers? - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Merge both servers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#51 horseraider

horseraider

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationWanker Land
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

If I was playing this game a few years ago? Some people really don't know the community or the game as well as they think they do, I do believe I'll just give up now since you're obviously convinced you have some knowledge you quite obviously don't.

lol obviously this would lead to a fight lmao

#52 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

it wasnt a software that cause duping i known guy which got IP ban cause of duping 3priest hats cloths.

Oh for the love of God... SERVER software.

Read edit in post above.

#53 horseraider

horseraider

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • LocationWanker Land

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

for the love of god just close this topic this topic is just for answering questions not for fighting this topic would lead to offensive language if people continue arguing about this.

#54 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

@Horse, having multiple channel or a single 1 doesnt have anything to do with duping, aside making it easier. Hell, even as the server as it is, its possible to dupe. 1 channel is more than enough for duping the easy way. while the other 1 is more like having the client telling the server to create the demanded package, and that with using a simple tool like notpad and some injections to the database and info stream.

..In short, dupe is possible, and easy to perform on a game full of cracks like Rose

for the love of god just close this topic this topic is just for answering questions not for fighting this topic would lead to offensive language if people continue arguing about this.

its a discussion, mate. Stick to the topic of the cons and pros of server merging and enough with the lols and snide comments.

Edited by Hedean, 04 January 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#55 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Make the conversation off topic and start arguing yourself, ask Devs to close the topic.

Seems legit.

Edited by Kermaperuna, 04 January 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#56 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

I personally, am all for a server merge, as long as they increase the channels available. That being said, I would rather that each server have multiple channels, but I realize that the game population may be not large enough to support that. I know the devs are looking into the server instability issues, and log in issues. Hopefully, they can come up with an answer soon. I may just play on drac for a bit until they get things cleared up on leo.

#57 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

If you feel the need to argue take it to pms and let the topic progress without all that.

#58 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

Aww Zurn, I wasn't arguing, I was stating my preference. :(

#59 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

Aww Zurn, I wasn't arguing, I was stating my preference. :(

He was talking to the others Pd.
I have spoken with one via pm, as far as im aware, its all fine and dandy now.

#60 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

You guys should just agree to table the dupe discussion and talk more in terms of what is good for the economy, player base, zulie spammers etc. I have to say for once I agree with what Coffee said earlier and never understood the second server but now trying to merge the two back I know is possible in most games but I think they are better funded and have a larger staff. I mean the name changes alone are overwhelming and then fueding over duplicated names and who has seniority to keep the name would keep them busy for months. I don't see Gravity going thru all this trouble and bickering if their isn't something in it for them which there is not so I doubt they would even tackle this project. If anything, I think they should convert Draco to open world PVP and offer server transfers for a few months for people wanting to get on or off that server and then start charging for transfers in the cash shop later on.

#61 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

He was talking to the others Pd.
I have spoken with one via pm, as far as im aware, its all fine and dandy now.

Oh! I just ASSUMED he was talking to me, as his post was right under mine, and he didn't quote anyone. *Note to self, remember true definition of assume.*

#62 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Oh! I just ASSUMED he was talking to me, as his post was right under mine, and he didn't quote anyone. *Note to self, remember true definition of assume.*

:S

As for the Topic.
Im for a partial merge, just for GA, TG

#63 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

sorry to mention the old chessnut IROSE but in 4 months i dceed 2 times i remember because it was unusual. Three channels all full 24 7 no lag no problems. The hacking problems were the games problem so I ask the know everything ppl this why is our server so bad now compared to irose days when it was supposedly lower tech than now. Are our servers the real problem so many things go wrong like log in storage waiting lag? By all means merge the servers but dont spend a year of development time doing it.

;;

#64 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

*snipity*

Yeah sorry about that I started typing that then had to do something real quick and finished and posted. Was more towards some others in the thread.

#65 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

NP sweetie :)

#66 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

sorry to mention the old chessnut IROSE but in 4 months i dceed 2 times i remember because it was unusual. Three channels all full 24 7 no lag no problems. The hacking problems were the games problem so I ask the know everything ppl this why is our server so bad now compared to irose days when it was supposedly lower tech than now. Are our servers the real problem so many things go wrong like log in storage waiting lag? By all means merge the servers but dont spend a year of development time doing it.

;;

Exactly!!!!

#67 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I honestly believe merging the servers would be a good thing, although terribly time consuming and fraught with all kinds of issues.

Pro More people in the maps. The thing that made iRose what it was, and face it everyone that played there loved the experience of the game itself, issues aside. Being able to log in and see hundreds of players on every map was amazing. It was more a graphical chat room then a game at times, you hung out, talked, listened to what others were talking about etc.

Con More people in the levelling areas. This is an even bigger problem now than it used to be. In iRose levelling took a long time, therefore the vast majority of the players were not 200+ all levelling in the same areas. There were however issues, one that comes to mind was Kings. Obviously King mobs are somewhere people want to play, even more so back then when Uniques were a bigger deal than they seem to be these days, yet a lot of the King mobs were also used for quests. The developers partially solved this with the Supreme Kings for the quests which aren't worth fighting for anything else. I think this con could be overcome with some attention to detail, different spawns and faster spawn times for some mobs. Some maps are pretty sparse for mobs and only cover a very specific level range. Tweaks could be made without a ton of effort to solve the problem, the biggest issue really just being how easy it is to level making the higher maps swamped with people and the lower ones still empty.

Pro Bigger economy. More people to shop from means more items available and competition drives prices down. More artisans on the same server also means a greater variety of items.

Con Balancing the two economies would be a huge headache. Leonis players would have a huge initial advantage that would likely grow over time and not decrease. They have more zuly and are used to higher prices, therefore initially they could buy out the market and drive prices up. Yes over a longer period it would start to balance out as that zuly was spread amongst the current Draconis players but early on the differential would be huge (at least I feel it would). This would have to entail some sort of balancing either a reduction of the amount of zuly Leonis players had or an increase in the amount Draconis players had, either way figuring out the numbers and applying it practically would be a tough job. Face it both economies are screwed but such is life in Rose, that's normal.

You want my honest opinion? Reset. (awaits the lynch mob). Seriously that is the only way to really fix things but resets make people quit. Understandably so I suppose. Taking the time to fix all the issues, work out a better way of handling the economy and resetting and having a single server would help the game, unfortunately at this point it just might kill it too.

#68 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

im having hard time to patch .. i have to use proxy every time i want to patch .. and now there is noway i can go on the game !

#69 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

If it makes my priest hat worth more, I'm all for it.

#70 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Server disconnections are not caused because of the number of servers active.

If you are sure about your statement, why don't you fix it properly?

Players sure pissed off if leonis always down and draconis seldom/never facing problem.

Or you are enjoying to see your name down so frequently?

#71 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Then a ticket ought to be sent to the support team to request a name change during a period of time after the merging to have the L or D removed and goes to the first come first serve. Of course, The players must be aware ahead of time of this matter so there wont be complaining later on.

I'd truly hate that. I couldn't stand watching a Draco noob, who copied my raider's name in the first place, running around with my own name because he sent the ticket before I did.

#72 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Don't worry about it. :) There was no harm in asking. I was wondering myself if there might have been something going on I wasn't aware of that could lead to that as a solution. No harm done, please don't feel bad for asking. I appreciate the ideas given by the community, no matter how silly they may seem sometimes. :)

If you knew why Draconis was created, why bother asking the reason? Yes, it was created because the economy on Leonis was impenitrable for new players. Argue what you will on that notion, but it was a huge factor of feedback we got from new players and along with some major changes the drop table back then, it became only that much harder for the new players to catch up. ROSE is doing just fine and the two servers are both pretty busy with population these days.

Since then, the economy on both servers have reached a means of stability new players are able to enter the game and create their own fortune. I personally still think that there needs to be a larger need to have a drain for zulie, but that will happen as new features are implemented for content. :waddle:

I'm not sure where you get the idea that the "number of players on ROSE are dwindling", we're doing just fine. :thumb:

It's a fact. There has been a decline in players both high and low levels. They have ventured off to different games due to the lack of content and population. You might be content with it Leonis; however, the players who play this game on a daily basis aren't.

#73 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I'd truly hate that. I couldn't stand watching a Draco noob, who copied my raider's name in the first place, running around with my own name because he sent the ticket before I did.

And what if he quit? or deleted the toon?

You can also talk to him if he got the name 1st. And maybe talk to the gms to give your name. Remember when draco 1st came up and dozen of familiar names were taking by random ppl? most of them leonis players got their names back since technically their account has the Leonis counterpart name.

Just be early with your ticket and never wait for like a week to request the name back.

#74 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

And what if he quit? or deleted the toon?

You can also talk to him if he got the name 1st. And maybe talk to the gms to give your name. Remember when draco 1st came up and dozen of familiar names were taking by random ppl? most of them leonis players got their names back since technically their account has the Leonis counterpart name.

Just be early with your ticket and never wait for like a week to request the name back.

I tried to make my raider on Draco 2 days after it was created and the name was already taken...If they eventually changed name I am not aware of.

#75 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

where you been in those 48 hours x]

Try making the guy then..

If taken and you never saw him online? Its likely he no longer play the game, and it will be your chance to retake your name!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users