Kagerou/Oboro: Kunai Build Discussion - Page 3 - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Kagerou/Oboro: Kunai Build Discussion

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#51 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I could just go and hotkey weapons so that I could go between huuma and daggers for the two skills =)

If you want to go through all that work you can. Keep in mind that unless you are a bot, changing 3 weapions after every attack adds delay onto your reaction time of casting the next explosive kunai.

However, what do you have as your secondary skill Jaye, if you have one at all? Or you just pretty much utilize kunai explosion to the exclusion of anything else?

I cast pure soul, fly wing, use pure soul again during its delay to aggro enemies on screen without putting myself in a skill or animation delay, then I 1 shot KO everything that crowds around me with explosive kunai and fly wing. Finishes the mid TI in like 12-14 minutes. My "secondary" is throw kunai which I one shot things with if there isn't enough on scren to warrant an explosive kunai.

#52 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for your input Jaye on this thread and the various other K/O threads.

Looking between this thread and the magic build K/O thread, if I decide to go forward with K/O I think physical build seems the way to go.....at least with the gear that I have, kunai build seems more feasible with the gear that I have around. Also referring to the Swirling Petal thread, looks like that may not even be a good idea for a "secondary" skill.....so rather than going for that, Throw Kunai as you do seems more efficient skillwise.

What did you get for basic ninja skills, Jaye? Since I may just drop Throw Huuma Shuriken from any build, wondering where I should put points then.....at j70, I think if I nix Throw Huuma that would leave those 5 points to stuff somewhere /hmm

#53 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

I don't know what the ideal ninja build is. I'm just a tester like the rest of you at this point.

This is what I put points into for my PVM/kunai/dps Oboro.

Posted Image

Its obviously not appropriate for anyone who plans to use Killing Strike.

Skills at 123/29:
Posted Image

I have left/right mastery because its also a DPS build for fun (2 dagger melee auto-attack).

Posted Image

I do about 32~35k to Alicel and Aliot. Not even an ideal setup. My offhand weapon could be a +96% carded weapon or a quad kingbird and I'd do a bit more damage (probably 35~40k). My grimtooth is only expert archer 3/4 and could be upgraded more, too.

Edited by Jaye, 26 February 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#54 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo
  • Server:ygg

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

Right Hand Mastery and Left Hand Master work the same way as Assassin Right Hand Mastery and Left Hand Mastery in which it only effects Melee damage (Physically Attacking). It will not increase the damage or effect the damage of skills.

so for skill kunai explosive we just need 1level both L and R hand master?

#55 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

0 level

#56 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

You don't need any, since it only affects melee---doesn't affect your Throwing skills. Jaye has it for funsies since she does actually auto attack with her oboro.

@Jaye: Thanks for posting the build you have. Hmm, do you use Flip Tatami often? I think I only ever got level one since it was a prereq for other stuff. And for PVM, is Killing Strike even that useful? I know I had lvl10 before K/O came out just as a means of sticking my points somewhere amusing.

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I got flip tatami "just in case". Most ninja skills aren't very useful, and you can't really max Killing Strike and Mirror Image anyway with the skill points available after K/O pre-reqs, so I just dumped them where they would be worthwhile. I have never actually needed to use flip tatami in PVM, but I could see it being used as a pneuma-like defense. Killing Strike is not very useful, but you could use it to kill a big bad mini boss that is coming after you (for example, if leveling in glast heim and something way stronger than the rest of the monsters, like a bloody knight, shows up, you can killing strike it).

#58 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

i used KS in PVM for shadow and holy property monsters since its the strongest non elemental attack we had... like monsters in Geffenia... but i reset after K/O came out and ditched KS...

#59 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

@Jaye and Facekiller: Thanks for your input on KS, much appreciated. Hmm then. I suppose I might still just put the points into Throw Huuma just in case I ever decide to mess around with Swirling Petals, since after you max Throwing Practice, Ninja Aura, Ninja Mastery, Throw Kunai, and the dodging skills the rest of them aren't that useful for much else. And yeah, I have only used KS for giggles personally so I wanted to see if more dedicated ninja users were doing much with it at all---and it seems the answer is nay.

I think I'll be sitting back and letting you guys test away for quite a while longer: K/O class isn't for the faint of zeny lol. I'm not sure if I want to dump the moolah onto my ninja peeps in order to make them really serviceable---only things I currently have are a lot of different quad main gauches and a +4 grimtooth (NON enchanted), so I would prolly just look weak and sad =/ Getting a really good dagger and a quad KB for offhand.........bleh lol.

#60 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

Why is your str at 90, instead of going up to 100, or 110?

#61 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why is your str at 90, instead of going up to 100, or 110?

It costs a lot of stat points to go over 90 with a stat. 90 Is the bare minimum for use with the heroic Backpack. DEX contributes more to Explosive Kunai's damage than STR once you have a suitable amount (90+ is pretty suitable). That and my build intends to be a hybrid between DPS (melee auto-attacking) and throw Kunai for fun. Too much STR would leave me at a deficit of skill points for the AGI I need to try and get as close to 193 aspd as possible. It's modeled after a D&D character I have :P Don't emulate my build necessarily lol.

This is what my DPS looked like at a lower level (Lv. 116).
Posted Image

2400 main hand + 600 offhand = 3000 damage per attack. 181 ASPD is 2.6 attacks/second. So I was doing 7800 damage per second. I have a buit higher aspd now with 91 base AGI. A +20 AGI food also does a lot for me. I think the aspd is 185, which is 9900 damage per second. I'll probably have room for more STR later, and can upgrade the knife more. In fact I could make a better knife. That one has ranged+% bonuses, which are irrelevant to melee. I could malangdo enchant another grimtooth with fighting spirit or AGI+1.

Edited by Jaye, 28 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#62 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

for pvp throwing is GrimtoothT is the best weapon? or use glorious gladius?

#63 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

for pvp throwing is GrimtoothT is the best weapon? or use glorious gladius?

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/105628-kagerouoboro-kunai-build-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__1208557

#64 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I think I'll be sitting back and letting you guys test away for quite a while longer: K/O class isn't for the faint of zeny lol. I'm not sure if I want to dump the moolah onto my ninja peeps in order to make them really serviceable---only things I currently have are a lot of different quad main gauches and a +4 grimtooth (NON enchanted), so I would prolly just look weak and sad =/ Getting a really good dagger and a quad KB for offhand.........bleh lol.

Yeah... it's definitely not for people with a limited budget. I tried out my Oboro with a fail enchanted Grimtooth (Agi+2, Expert Archer 2) and quad Kingbird, no RWC dagger/gears, no backpack, no overupgrades. The damage was just sad; not enough to one-shot most mid TI monsters, and especially not large-size ones. With an element set on the weapon it might be serviceable vs medium-size, depending on the current monster elements in the TI, but it definitely won't make the cut in high TIs.

#65 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

it actually isnt really good on K/O the hp wasnt reallybig and really equip depend to make a good damage and what i more hate was the increase so much of AS card from 1m to 50m for each that so crazy for me

for me the HBP and shackle combo i share with my GX char so it doesnt really hurt but the grimtooth and the AS card was so luxury for me especially AS card

Edited by sistars, 01 March 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#66 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

im starting my way in this server with a ninja class..hell im bored with other classes so going for expanded ninja (i have an high priest and ranger friend with me anyway) just want to confirm things

for pure pvm kunai build can i go

str: 99
dex: 70~
vit: xx?

or should i add int or agi?

and pls can you link me a skill build for ninja?i dont wanna mess with my skills and im too nab to create 1 for myself x.x

#67 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

add about 35ish INT to ensure suffiecient supply of SP..at the beginning, there will be sp problems, but after lvl 55 or 60, there shouldn't be sp problems.
AGI is not required unless you plan on going swirling petal build in future( as kagerou )..
str @99, dex@70~, INT@35~ & rest into vit should be ok..:)

i made a basic Throw kunai build : http://irowiki.org/~...l?10HSabrFqx5qy
You have 13 points left which can be used to max mirror image or throw humma shuriken or any other magic skill( in case you want AoE )

#68 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

thanks for that!no i kinda like kunai throwing since the damage is so goooood.so im planning to make my kage a kunai explosion build something hahah.will do follow your suggestions

offtopic:

i know that being new doesnt mean that you have be ignorant so i read and read about the new things about renewal but i just cant understand the exp mechanics T.T how come an andre/pierro/deniro gives 1k+ exp when im already above their lvl while (im 36 and they were like 33) while orcs only give a crap of exp T.T now i dunno if theres already a new spot better than the andre now that im 41

Edited by kristoffer, 10 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#69 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

i think those ants were included in comodo spotlight, hence, boosted exp.

#70 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

thanks so much for this ^ made my leveling life easier

#71 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

Kunai Explosion's delay isn't possible to reduce via Magic Strings, right?

#72 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

any Kunai K/O's still alive? I'd love to know a few more things about this build! (yes, even with the nerfs and all).

1. Why is STR important? how does it factor in the formula? based from iROwiki's formula, I can only see Dex factored in :hmm:
2. Can this build make good use of Rapid Throw? or does it require a more specialized build?
3. Can KE hold a candle against some MvPs?
4. And lastly, is it still possible to mob level with Kunai Explosion?

Please and Thank you!

#73 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

any Kunai K/O's still alive? I'd love to know a few more things about this build! (yes, even with the nerfs and all).

1. Why is STR important? how does it factor in the formula? based from iROwiki's formula, I can only see Dex factored in :hmm:
2. Can this build make good use of Rapid Throw? or does it require a more specialized build?
3. Can KE hold a candle against some MvPs?
4. And lastly, is it still possible to mob level with Kunai Explosion?

Please and Thank you!

1. It functions like any non-bow/non-performer-weapon attack, in that ATK is calculated off STR and weapon attack.
2. Rapid Throw's damage is fixed and does not require a build-- its success rate requires LUK, I believe though, so if you can fit LUK in your build rapid throw will be more accurate.
3. Not really.
4. Yes.

#74 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

DEX increases your atk%, but you need STR to have atk in the first place.

Rapid Throw needs a combined DEX+LUK build to work. Check the wiki.

Maybe it could kill some trash, but magic will outdamage you easily.

You can, it's just really difficult.

#75 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:06 AM

Magic is only really comparable to kunai if it has magic strings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users