Battlemagician Week 1 Discussions - Page 3 - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Battlemagician Week 1 Discussions

• Please log in to reply
308 replies to this topic

#51 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:trifi, nova

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

rebalancing is not meant to nerf charachters but to make each class and its sub classess better, which is a very hard thing to do as many of the people that played in s1 or even in the begin of s2 are use to way more power then what the charachters have now.

#52 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

Too boost elementalists they could
-move thrown vine to elem skill tree (light damage + slow) (works on mobs aswell)
-Single target buffs should become party buffs. Resistance buff could have a slight boost.
-Mind Enhancement >> INT/CON/MND enhancement.
-Slight boost in all magic attack buffs, so they are worth it to be taken.
-Wave of purification could work like a ''negative-spell-remover''
-Fairy's judge >> instant cast + dna to reduce more resistance.
-High concentration. Also needs a boost.

#53 Jono

Jono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Too boost elementalists they could
-move thrown vine to elem skill tree (light damage + slow) (works on mobs aswell)
-Single target buffs should become party buffs. Resistance buff could have a slight boost.
-Mind Enhancement >> INT/CON/MND enhancement.
-Slight boost in all magic attack buffs, so they are worth it to be taken.
-Wave of purification could work like a ''negative-spell-remover''
-Fairy's judge >> instant cast + dna to reduce more resistance.
-High concentration. Also needs a boost.

And change element proper from all skill BM to wind or water!!!

#54 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

And change element proper from all skill BM to wind or water!!!

my vote goes to wind :P

#55 Jono

Jono

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

wind wind wind! =D leave lighiting for tempest and curse for defilers!!! wind or water for bm now! =P

#56 Nikio

Nikio

Battlemagician Class Rep

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Don't worry, not gonna happen.

#57 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think you should start by defining the role of Elementalist and Druid. That way you can look at skills to see if they fit in with the role, or whether they need to be moved or dropped. Then look at power.

#58 Nikio

Nikio

Battlemagician Class Rep

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

That's why im trying to say... Druid, as req description says- should be a class with transformation skills, but seems they forgot. It would be really cool, if they can fix it.

#59 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Druid should be a DRUID, not an overgrown BM. If you're trying to cater around 69 FOC it's just nonsense, before the buff druid did not shine in that bracket at it's full potential (i.e. Lithi was the only good Druid player in 65, and he asked many top level druids what to get/do). Most of you want to retain the primary BM skills on Druid, but that is in fact what makes the class. Secondly, about the transformations being OP, that's laughable... If you ramp down our damage to what it was before when most of us focused on just trying to kill someone with lockdowns and physical attacks instead of RoB spam you'd see the utility of those skills. Not every class should be insane at both PvP and PvE, but some of the suggestions you guys are making are laughable because you skew one class higher than another.

Elem should be the best nuker though, that is obvious. Druid shouldn't.

#60 Sparda

Sparda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Valderine

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

elementalist. . . can use all elements. . . Fire Light Lightin Curse Wind Water . . . vine is a element?? it should be for a Druid ¬_¬

#61 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I with others have suggested to move some of the battle mage skills over to ele, and even maybe take rage of bugs and the advance from druid and buffs for druid keep them for transformation skills as transformed your actually lacking in the skill department of anything really usefull other then the stun skills.

#62 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Well I havent rly played for nearly a year but thought I throw my few cents in.

Always thought BM & Ele to be the games highest dps single target casters and Druid to be the games Trans class.

BM I think is pretty much ok at the moment. It has a lil def buff, small heals and multi element attacks. When u put beside other casters in 49 foc they seem to be balanced. Sure Rage Strike is weak but I think seeing its other attacks are now stronger it makes up for it. Think adding to the class will make it "op" in 49 foc. They die to melee like they are supposed.

Druid is a mess right now. Seems all druids know these days is stuns and ROB. The class should be about transformations and it isnt. It has 5 stuns....
Put RoB and Approach on Ele tree to start with. Maybe also GravityUp.
Also when a player chooses Druid as a job don't increase int. Increase con and strength. Turn all Druid attacks Phys based.
Make it so first class BM skills drop down to 50% chance. Lest then they wont be using the 2 BM stuns.
There is currently an unused Transformation Vilovy. Add skills for it on the Druid tree. Bites or Talons or Screech... Again physical based.
When u skill up a contract/Trans its damage etc is increased more per lvl.
DG's heal needs to tick higher.
PoT party buff.
make DG the tank, Inferno 4M AOE DPS & Vilovy single target dps. ^^ be fun dashing about from target to target swaping trans.
Lower mana cost of transforming.

Ele extend duration of clairvoyance back to what it was. Leave on Ele tree. Stupid idea adding to BM they are meant to die to Rogues.
All three buffs on ele tree turned to party.
Strengthen Magic Counterattack. Even move it to lvl 70 and strength. Makes sence they can reflect magic damage but be weak to phys.
Strengthen Magic Mastery & Higher Concentrate.
Add Druids Approach the dash used in BM form to ele tree.
Add RoB from Druid. Although semi tempted say remove from game. An AOE and it should be a single target DPS class so maybe make single target light based attack (instant).
Mind Enchance adds Int & Mind

So sum up.
Don't touch BM they seem balanced as is.
Make Trans more appealing and kill Druidele.
Make Ele the brain box caster it is meant to be.

#63 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Long post

I agree with pretty much most of your points, except for approach. I don't know, maybe it's just the effect of seeing just how much of a monster an elem becomes with the dash since S1, but I don't think it balances it very well. Approach makes a bit more sense on a druid seeing as you have to run in there to get your stuns off in the first place, I'd much rather have IA or FCS tweaked for druid than lose what has been our "standard" skill since the start of S2. On that note, I'd love for Advance on Inferno to become a targeted skill, since well Inferno is meant to DPS after all.

On your second idea, it isn't bad, but currently having Vilovvy is an extreme negative lol. For the most part, I think you should leave the skills untouched, when it comes to magic. Just fix the DNA for Hychloric Acid Throw for Druid, it's pretty dumb when you can chase someone down with just the utility of that and Approach at 85. (To re-iterate my point, on Approach it's still silly to me to see an elem do this again) .

If they do remove approach, they really need to give you options for skill spamming with your transforms. Your best options are still in BM and some but not very many in Druid tree at the moment.

In short: Nukers should nuke, but not have insane utility. Classes with utility should have it, but not have insane nukes.

#64 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Nikio and Fudd has a valid point and share my concern too in relation to being able to attack with an array of elemental attack as a druid also having passive armor bonus, dash, crit buff, self heal and a defense buff too as a druid of course where eles gets the short end of the stick and is more of less a buff-_- and support with no dash or means to run away.

Elem should get their dash back pretty much put the dash thing in the BM tree much like sins/sr, however that passive armor buff have to go to the weaker of the 2 class and i'd say currently elementalist needs that since druids can just go in DG and stun which is where they can either run or kill their target, elem once they're stunned well they're pretty much dead meat.

Regarding, MCA and RT> hell, i don't want those season 1 days to restart again... You all know how it turns out... hence began the hate for Elves. This thing will not be balanced if they try to balance it, word of advice drop it and replace it with something else like another mdamage passive buff as elem is supposed to he the hardest hitters out of all the casters in game however they're pretty crap and fall really short atm compared to other classes.

#65 DEADCATZ

DEADCATZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMontreal
  • Server:Test Server

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

PVE-Aspects. Druids lack PVE-power...

Druid, as req description says- should be a class with transformation skills...

It seems to me a key issue is that the default PvE and PvP class branches got swapped around some how.

Requiem Wiki Class Descriptions

Primary Role:

Combat style magicians. They use strong magic and can handle nature well. They are also good at property magic. Battlemagicians have the special ability to inflict both weapon damage and magic damage.

Battlemagicians mainly enjoy short-range property magic attacks, while they attack a target at a distance by throwing. Their speciality is a charging attack that imposes magic attacks on weapon attacks.

PvE Branch:

Druids have the special ability to change their body by controlling the mind. By adapting their body and spirit to any situation, they have a higher rate of survival to rescue companies and overcoming obstacles.

By transforming themselves to pertaining to the circumstance, Druids take to their befitting combat style. They are good at defences to protect the party, at attack to defeat enemies in front of the battle, and at swift motions for getting out of combat.

PvP Branch:

A character that studies much on all materials of the world. The source of their power is high intelligence and nature power. Knowledge is used in transforming materials' characteristics, and they are used to place a target at risk. The power of transforming materials increases companies' attack power. Weather controlling magic is also available for Elementalists.

Elementalists can use property magic according to their taste. A stroke magic spell is mainly used at a distance. Knuckle related magic attacks are also well used.

#66 Daniels1976

Daniels1976

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

the point of it is this inferno has a advance, so why do you need advance in regular mode, but ele still is a long range based toon so i think swapping the regular advance to ele would make it more playable as it would be able to run away a bit easier, and moving rage of bugs to ele would be a good thing, I would not get rid of the skill and I would leave it as aoe then ele would have one good aoe skill then, I still would agree with the people that say move invissable arrow to ele tree with thrown vine too, but think IA should then become a aoe stun skill, unless you want to make thrown vine more like a sleep or restraint skill then IA would be fine were it is, as most people on here have said now days people use a ele/druid build and you should be able to have a pure druid build that can solo stuff other then like the deer, which means druid transformation skills need to be way better and none transformation skills either should be moved from druid tree or dropped, I disagree with dropping the chance of the BM skills as I think if you got rid of the druid none transformation skills would make it less OP.

#67 DEADCATZ

DEADCATZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMontreal
  • Server:Test Server

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image Contract with vilovy: none use this,

There is currently an unused Transformation Vilovy. Add skills for it on the Druid tree. Bites or Talons or Screech... Again physical based.

On your second idea, it isn't bad, but currently having Vilovvy is an extreme negative lol.

which means druid transformation skills need to be way better

In S1 when druids could tank and kite, Vilovy was bugged and could be used to enhance the speed of DG.

This might not have been intended but it did make the skill useful and was near essential in kiting LW.

Inferno seemed to be used more often in stand and tank situations to maintain higher agro.

Restoring Vilovy's unintended dual-transformation as a feature would make the skill useful again.

In regards to fulfilling their role as a tank,

Taunting Cry needs the Druid's magic and physical dmg added directly to the Hostility generated.

This will allow taunts to scale with gear level and begin rebalancing the rampant agro issue-

Edited by DEADCATZ, 12 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#68 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

lets be honest Druid on Offense is 95% like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

or on Defense just like a sitting (Doomguard) Duck into his RoB

a Druid fighting like a Mele short range Class...
i would love to see that ^^

from 5 to 1-2 Stuns down?
that sounds like a Dream^^

Druid without RoB...moving to Ele and on top of that making strongest Nukes from Ele AoE like?
sounds like nerfing the sh.t out of Druids and make Ele OP.

Druid without RoB and and i see 90 % of the Druids Quilting or Job Changing.

The Idea from Druid was to have a Semi good Mele AND Caster Class - a Hybrid
not another Warlord - Shape shifting mele class.

Personal i think Gravity wants to go exactly this hybrid Way...
not only for Druid.
Give all Classes 0.50/0.50 % Physical Critical - Skill Critical Event Xeon
go with Knuckles and give em back s1 old short range Stun Abilities/Skills.
so if you spent enough you can be superior VS all Classes.

but hey... just call me toxic.

#69 Mythdra

Mythdra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Trif

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I really do not know why anyone was saying to add Armor Mastery to BM tree. Seems to much DUH. The only way I can see that working with BM tree and not be INSANE OP 49 NERF BM is make it a lvl 40 Skill so only 4 pts added by 49 and have it only add about 150 or so def and remove Fairy's Protection. Over all the BM would only gain about 40 def.

Also to add that in order for this to also work Armor Mastery would have to be a buff instead of a passive. And I do not see that happening.

Some BMs are already hard to kill in 49 Simply due to Def and HP. My BM being one of them.. If Armor mastery got added to BM tree it would make them almost unkillable because they would be like a defender having a def buff that can not be kicked off. Which means in short. My BM would be at 1200 Short Rang Def
In short. I say again Leave the BM tree alone...

Edited by Mythdra, 12 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#70 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

They meant adding it to the elem tree, but that's just pointless because of Druid transformations being tanks in terms of Doomguard. What tank doesn't have a natural def passive aside from Radiants? You're completely nerfing the intended role of DG. And about Approach, it's like you're saying every caster should have some kind of escape mech, but really only Tempests have one and it's not even that reliable at most levels... doesn't make sense. Only thing about BM tree that needs tweaking is the offensive capabilities that Druid possess from it, tweaking anything else would skew one class too highly over another. You want to actually BALANCE a class, not create the same thing they have done over and over again in this game.

#71 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm not a huge fan of moving druid skills to elem skill tree. It would be better to revamp those skills to fit the classrole.

Elementalist get a lot more attractive if they get approach/ armor mastery/ rage of bugs. Druids will be less attractive, if elementalists also get/keep all those elemental nukes and a better damage buffs. You would just be moving the OPness from 1 class to another.

#72 Nikio

Nikio

Battlemagician Class Rep

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

DRUID shouldn't be AoE class, so it's okey, if they will remove rage of bugs from druid to ele.

#73 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

You may not like it, but according to the class descriptions it would make more sense for:
  • Vilovy - move to Druid and add some attacks to it's tree. Right now it is only a transport. It's a good transport, but a waste of points when there higher priority skills you need to spend points on.
  • Rage of Bugs - move to Battele Magician. I know it's a nerf, but it simply makes more sense in the Battle Magician tree. I don't think that Druids should have an AOE outside of a transformation skill anyway.
  • Approach - move to Elementalist (air element?) or remove. Druid already has this skill under Inferno. No need to duplicate. And it might be too overpowered in the Elementalist tree.
  • Lightening Chill Slash - needs a revamp. Currently only taken as filler to get Lightening Chill Throw.
  • Armor Mastery - Sorry, but I kind of agree with some of what was said previously. It may not be part of a transformation (though maybe it should), but if Druid is moved more towards the physical side of things they will need this as a maater of keeping balance.
  • Revenge Telekinesis - I have no idea why this is in the Druid tree. Perhaps as a Vilovy skill or something...
  • Gravity Up - Sounds like nature to me, and therefore a Battle Magician skill.
  • Promise of Trust - makes no sense in Druid tree, unless under Doomguard.
  • Robbing Willingness - makes no sense on Druid.
Have you noticed how few skills in the Elementalist tree reference elemental powers? Snow Burst...that's it. Maybe some skills like Flame Curse Strike need to be moved to Elementalist. I would say Lightening Chill Slash and Throw, but that would leave Battle Magician with no base attack.

It may look like I'm trying to nerf Druid. It looks like that to me as I'm reading what I wrote. I'm not. I would like to see the skills make sense for what the class is supposed to be.

Edited by Gragor, 13 February 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#74 VanBalzac

VanBalzac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Hamerine

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

all druid skills is good maybe change back RoB to wind dmg
if u take good skills of druid to element u just will make element a new druid and this no is a balance
need boost element skills and make the element a good option to play
who have druid simply will jc to element and give up druids ,better make a element more actrative
better way to make elementis bust element skills and better way to make druids a bit weak is nerf some bm skill

Edited by VanBalzac, 13 February 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#75 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

if u take good skills of druid to element u just will make element a new druid and this no is a balance

I agree, which is why they will probably need to adjust how powerful skills are as they are moving them around...to strive for balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users