Patch Notes - v458 - Page 15 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes - v458

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#351 VolunteerMod03

VolunteerMod03

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 246 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

This post has been cleaned up. Please keep on topic and stop flaming against one another.

#352 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

lol. I just queued my first GA and on 3rd crystal, I got "server disconnected" Well, I'm still confident like what Leonis said, I'll be spawned into the game back again. But that was a lie and my timer went running without gaining any points.

If we have 5 attempts before cooldown and all were consumed by dc or crashed, Leonis, this game will be hated a lot.

If you really plan to give Premium more benefits by limiting free members, make sure the game is as stable as 90% atleast (enough population to start the game, no disconnects, and crashes) so everything will be justifiable.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 04 March 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#353 Faldrin

Faldrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

If it wasn't for rekindling old friendships that I made back in 2008 I would of already left the game again. After only being back for maybe 2-3 weeks. And since the last post of Leonis I'm really hoping it to be true. Most of my friends are sitting on that fence waiting to see what comes and I would hate to return and lose all that I had gotten back in such a short time.

When it comes to the party change he mentioned I'm really hoping they go with Gojio's idea for experience distribution. For those wondering what he suggested go to page 11 of this thread and scroll down til after the post by Leonis and his explaination of how many mobs you would need to kill to gain a certain level.

Edited by Faldrin, 04 March 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#354 GarYGarr

GarYGarr

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanyon City of Zant
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Originally, I was going to post responses to various posts, but I quickly realized I was repeating myself from answers given already.

So instead, here is what is being worked on after reviewing the weekend's result

• Party Share Exp Bonuses
  • We will be adjusting the party bonus amount per additional party member joined to the group so it is less of a 'hit' to experience as the party grows in size.
---

Tomorrow is a scheduled maintenance to end the Enchanted Box of Stones sale and update the Lucky Spin with the two costumes that were voted for over the weekend from Facebook. If you haven't seen the two costumes, you can check them out here: Costumes for March!

Though we will try to implement the above mentioned changes as soon as possible, not all may be possible to include before tomorrow because of the time restraint and level of change we're looking to implement within the code.

Well i guess this means that the exp system for parties will not be returned to its former glory, nor will it be adjusted to at least encourage party play despite of what we ( the customers ) want. This is very sad, but oh well. This is me then.

Goodbye rose online :/

#355 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

*sigh*

Here we go again with life stories on how things are dictated.

Bottom Line:
Rose is a game for entertainment, you play it to forget about those things in life.
That's what it means to have fun.
Nothing else matters when you are doing something enjoyable.

The community now are not having fun and it needs to be put back being an enjoyable game.
What's so difficult about understanding this logic?

Of course this game needs to make some sort of revenue, but it all now seems too obvious and heavily dependent on it.
After-all this game is a free-to-play but there is a thin "balance", where it's forcing free players who are unable not only unable to compete with other players, but find it difficult to have fun due to the demand of Item Mall.
If free players go, and only paying customers for Item Mall remain, isn't this becoming a type of "Pay-to-Play" system?

#356 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

*sigh*

Here we go again with life stories on how things are dictated.

Bottom Line:
Rose is a game for entertainment, you play it to forget about those things in life.
That's what it means to have fun.
Nothing else matters when you are doing something enjoyable.

The community now are not having fun and it needs to be put back being an enjoyable game.
What's so difficult about understanding this logic?

Of course this game needs to make some sort of revenue, but it all now seems too obvious and heavily dependent on it.
After-all this game is a free-to-play but there is a thin "balance", where it's forcing free players who are unable not only unable to compete with other players, but find it difficult to have fun due to the demand of Item Mall.
If free players go, and only paying customers for Item Mall remain, isn't this becoming a type of "Pay-to-Play" system?

The thing is even people who are regular Item mall buyers where put off and decided to quit. And some IM sellers suddenly find them selves lacking their usual customers because they already decided to quit.

As for me I have not decdied to quit yet. But the ridiculous PvP GA Timer really put me off and only plays GA now like once a day.

Its just to big of a risk to buy that Timer reset. We don't know if there are enough players who buy that because even if we reset our timers if there are no enough players on Queue for CD It will still take to long to start.

#357 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

@Feuer this is my last post directed towards you.

You don't compare real world stuff to a game, because when it comes to profit, what you said backfires on you.

Do you ever go shopping? Do you ever see their prices raise out of the blue "because they need profit"? No lol, how many customers will keep going to that shop that raised prices? They'll go look for a cheaper one.

Do you know how shops increase sales? DISCOUNTS

If they applied a few simple marketing rules to their Item Mall management they wouldn't have such needs to make these dumb changes.

A few examples:

- Reroll Hammers at half prices for a week
- Lucky Spin at 25 points per spin for a week end
- Teletickets\Storage scrolls at 70 points per 10 for a week

The list would be endless

I remember when they sold the Item Mall dodge\crit\acc etc Passive Skills for 200 points instead of 400. I personally bought like 30$ of IM just to get those.

You don't take stuff that was previously free and offer it back for money. That is the best way to push customers away.

#358 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

I hear you guys. After years of playing this game, this is probably the most controversial patch.

I know a game where they found out a bug about something. They fixed it. But the players of that game wanted it back since it didn't really heavily affect balance. Despite not being part of the game's design, they still brought it back to satisfy them.

I won't give out the game's name but it's popular than any other games you'll see. The bug was about the combo of two skills of which one does 2x damage, aka Ava-Toss :)

#359 Abnoy

Abnoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

i was disconnected during GA ,then after that my timer start already, can we just rejoin like b4 and 1hour waiting totally affect our gameplay.

IM timer cost 20m per coupon, we cant earn 20m just for 1 GA if wer not premium.

just remove that f timer :omg:

#360 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Do you know how shops increase sales? DISCOUNTS

If they applied a few simple marketing rules to their Item Mall management they wouldn't have such needs to make these dumb changes.

A few examples:

- Reroll Hammers at half prices for a week
- Lucky Spin at 25 points per spin for a week end

I would actually buy some re-rolls and lucky spins if they ran a good, limited time discount.

#361 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

GarYGarr
You've condemned the update before even trying it. This really makes me sad to see when players do this. Without testing, without knowing what the change exactly is. It's already written off as a bad change. How about giving it a try first before giving up for dead?

Oerba
In regards to revenue "seems too obvious and heavily dependent on it"? It is and always has been entirely dependent on it! Was it somehow thought that we were given a free pass to use all the faculties, hardware and manpower to host, service and develop for it, and no one would want anything in return?

These have been difficult decisions to make, but necessary ones. The Game Arena was a long project that has yielded no direct influence to revenue. We restrict the use of Item Mall items within the matches, because they're felt to be unfair, not only by us but by the community as well. So we agreed to prevent their use, in fairness of game play for PvP.

Now I've already made these statements before, but it seems they're being forgotten or ignored.
  • No one is being forced to pay to play.
  • Yes, it changes the experience of playing if you do.
  • The idea or concept that we are "forcing you to pay" or "you have to" do anything is entirely your viewpoint, but it is not the truth of the matter.
    I understand how it feels, but I would appreciate it if the overdramatizing of this statement be stopped.
You may feel like we're becoming an evil corporate machine just looking to take your money, but in reality, we've given a lot for free over the years up front and immediately. The Game Arena was a lot of effort and work.

DarthKarla
It is a little bit of a catch 22, that you feel you don't know if it’s worth buying the reset in order to queue again. You bring up a good point of concern. Would you feel better about being able to see the queue for a selection, without needing to join it? I feel like that could help alleviate that concern. What are your thoughts? :)

Gojio
Discounts happen, most times they are in the form of giving more Item Mall points, rather than reducing the cost of an item. We have put some items on sale before, but the discount in item mall point purchases seem to do better than putting direct items on sale. So, discounts already happen.

And you've touched on something I would like to talk about. The Game Arena did not just happen to appear and did not come easily. It has taken many hours of work and effort to get it to where it is today. It is a wonderful game feature that has been heavily used by a lot of players of higher tier. All that effort and time put in to it, and it had no direct impact to revenue. Now, I hear a lot of you saying, "just make the game fun, enjoyable and people will pay!" We worked for several years trying to do that by adding content. To name a few, the Sikuku Ruins, Oblivion Temple, Orlo, the Game Arena, Crystal Defenders, Sea of Dawn, countless equipment tier additions, new monsters and quest content, all free and in the attempt to make ROSE more fun.

I wish I could say, each of those updates have been huge successes in the ability for us to have a full environment of game play that players would be happy to wish to contribute paying for in some way or another. The fact is, they were not. Many were exhausted in a matter of days, to which we were asked "what's next?" or worse, complaints about some other aspect of game play that they would prefer. We hear little thanks, but we've understood that development is a relatively thankless job, but worse than that, all the time spent to create that content and add more to the world of ROSE, where our hopes of seeing our revenue increase so we could expand our team to be able to do more, did not happen. So at the core of things, a change in how we think and develop was needed. We would not be able to continue on in this manner because it wasn't working well enough to justify the continued pace and efforts.

This has been the first incredibly difficult decision, to take something the community has become used to having free and open access to and add a limitation to it and it pained me to do so. It was well known and many expressed their concerns over it, regarding upsetting those PvP'ers access they have become accustomed to. But it was also understood that this was a major feature, that had many hours of time put in to it, that has yielded effectively nothing that can be tracked as a direct return of investment.

If you want to know the worse truth about all of this, it forced attention to Premium and things have been doing better because of it. It may take a little time for it to come about full effect. After all, it was never expected to be an overnight explosion of success. But things are better.

Now, I've already expressed how we're going to be working to help ease the implementation of the timers and the "timers" may not be timers anymore at the end of it all. We're working to make an adjustment to their appearance and for it to be a little more flexible and friendlier to the idea of free to play. The concept of being able to do a few queues at a time in a day is being kept, but we're also working on implementing the ability to use zulie to gain access as well as the future plans of implementing quests that will also be involved in providing additional access opportunities. So the benefit no longer would be a matter of restriction just for being a free to play based account, rather the premium would simply make it so you don't have to pay or do the quests in order to gain access sooner. You are, of course, still welcome to wait, but we're going to be working on additional means to speed up the down time in between matches. All of this is going to take us some time, so please give us a little tolerance and patience while we work on it. The Pegasus skill balance is being put off in order to address this, so it has our full attention and efforts behind it.

#362 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Lol, that sucks. But it does prove one of my past points. People will flip their lids over things like a timer, or a new consumable to the point that it puts off development of a system they've been begging for an update on for years. Many people have said "this update has been talked about for 2-3 years and it's still not out", now you have direct proof why.

#363 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

GarYGarr
You've condemned the update before even trying it. This really makes me sad to see when players do this. Without testing, without knowing what the change exactly is. It's already written off as a bad change. How about giving it a try first before giving up for dead?

Oerba
In regards to revenue "seems too obvious and heavily dependent on it"? It is and always has been entirely dependent on it! Was it somehow thought that we were given a free pass to use all the faculties, hardware and manpower to host, service and develop for it, and no one would want anything in return?

These have been difficult decisions to make, but necessary ones. The Game Arena was a long project that has yielded no direct influence to revenue. We restrict the use of Item Mall items within the matches, because they're felt to be unfair, not only by us but by the community as well. So we agreed to prevent their use, in fairness of game play for PvP.

Now I've already made these statements before, but it seems they're being forgotten or ignored.

• No one is being forced to pay to play.
  • Yes, it changes the experience of playing if you do.
  • The idea or concept that we are "forcing you to pay" or "you have to" do anything is entirely your viewpoint, but it is not the truth of the matter.
    I understand how it feels, but I would appreciate it if the overdramatizing of this statement be stopped.
You may feel like we're becoming an evil corporate machine just looking to take your money, but in reality, we've given a lot for free over the years up front and immediately. The Game Arena was a lot of effort and work.

DarthKarla
It is a little bit of a catch 22, that you feel you don't know if it’s worth buying the reset in order to queue again. You bring up a good point of concern. Would you feel better about being able to see the queue for a selection, without needing to join it? I feel like that could help alleviate that concern. What are your thoughts? :)

Gojio
Discounts happen, most times they are in the form of giving more Item Mall points, rather than reducing the cost of an item. We have put some items on sale before, but the discount in item mall point purchases seem to do better than putting direct items on sale. So, discounts already happen.

And you've touched on something I would like to talk about. The Game Arena did not just happen to appear and did not come easily. It has taken many hours of work and effort to get it to where it is today. It is a wonderful game feature that has been heavily used by a lot of players of higher tier. All that effort and time put in to it, and it had no direct impact to revenue. Now, I hear a lot of you saying, "just make the game fun, enjoyable and people will pay!" We worked for several years trying to do that by adding content. To name a few, the Sikuku Ruins, Oblivion Temple, Orlo, the Game Arena, Crystal Defenders, Sea of Dawn, countless equipment tier additions, new monsters and quest content, all free and in the attempt to make ROSE more fun.

I wish I could say, each of those updates have been huge successes in the ability for us to have a full environment of game play that players would be happy to wish to contribute paying for in some way or another. The fact is, they were not. Many were exhausted in a matter of days, to which we were asked "what's next?" or worse, complaints about some other aspect of game play that they would prefer. We hear little thanks, but we've understood that development is a relatively thankless job, but worse than that, all the time spent to create that content and add more to the world of ROSE, where our hopes of seeing our revenue increase so we could expand our team to be able to do more, did not happen. So at the core of things, a change in how we think and develop was needed. We would not be able to continue on in this manner because it wasn't working well enough to justify the continued pace and efforts.

This has been the first incredibly difficult decision, to take something the community has become used to having free and open access to and add a limitation to it and it pained me to do so. It was well known and many expressed their concerns over it, regarding upsetting those PvP'ers access they have become accustomed to. But it was also understood that this was a major feature, that had many hours of time put in to it, that has yielded effectively nothing that can be tracked as a direct return of investment.

If you want to know the worse truth about all of this, it forced attention to Premium and things have been doing better because of it. It may take a little time for it to come about full effect. After all, it was never expected to be an overnight explosion of success. But things are better.

Now, I've already expressed how we're going to be working to help ease the implementation of the timers and the "timers" may not be timers anymore at the end of it all. We're working to make an adjustment to their appearance and for it to be a little more flexible and friendlier to the idea of free to play. The concept of being able to do a few queues at a time in a day is being kept, but we're also working on implementing the ability to use zulie to gain access as well as the future plans of implementing quests that will also be involved in providing additional access opportunities. So the benefit no longer would be a matter of restriction just for being a free to play based account, rather the premium would simply make it so you don't have to pay or do the quests in order to gain access sooner. You are, of course, still welcome to wait, but we're going to be working on additional means to speed up the down time in between matches. All of this is going to take us some time, so please give us a little tolerance and patience while we work on it. The Pegasus skill balance is being put off in order to address this, so it has our full attention and efforts behind it.

im not being funny but the community is your main and only source of feedback atm as do any of your developers or gm's etc play the game? do any of you play it frequently to understand whats going on? not too sure about that. yes you say you implemented all this for free and yes i understand but new content is what will keep players interested and want to spend more money on it.

we have had many discussions in a ventrilo server about whats going on and many people mentioned how hard it is for a new player to start the game and to want to carry on playing? not many. as most of the players now have been around for a good while. yes they can struggle to level with no zulie as the drops arent too cracking. but when they reach max level how are they going to afford to buy epics? how are they going to afford to get honor gears? there simply not! as if your guys played the game then you would see the growing demand and rising prices of honor gears! simply as not many people are playing cd's because of this 'timer'. you have to come to terms with the fact you cant implement features of other mmo's as this player base is nothing compared to some but alot of players stick by this game hoping it will get improved in some ways.

you rely on feedback from the community heavily and you seem to always change stuff that really doesnt need to be changed at all (game arena, the thought of int-char, skill balancing) how can your staff make decisions on skill balancing and messing around with stats that work perfectly fine when none play and understand classes to know what to change? i mean alot of people including myself, i think i could change a few things to skills and different classes that indeed would make it balanced and yeah some people wont like it as they just want to follow the trend and play OP classes. but then there will be more variety. if gravity just mess around with a few skills they think will help i can say its not going to. you can have all your formulas and everything sorted that you think will make it balanced but yet again none of you play the game (apart from genesis that pops on from time to time)

#364 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'd wholeheartedly agree with you if over the years the community had been listened more. The cooperation has been poor, aside from the skill balance which requires direct testing from players. The suggestions section is full of great ideas, most are ignored, a few get the "we will forward this to the dev team" and just get lost after a while.

The discounts you mentioned are different...they're more like promotions, not literally discounts. What I'm talking about is periodical discounts on stuff that is vital for a player to ease the progression of his characters. Like the reroll hammers, everyone needs them, give it a discount for a limited time, a week lets say, and you'll see that during that week you'll have 4x the normal revenues you get from them in a week.

Do that with other important stuff, and to lucky spin. Offer discounted skill\stat resets. All this would also alleviate the ingame inflation and calm the economy down a little.

I'm fine with the changes that are going to happen for CD, at least we'll get to play a few before the timer kicks in. But work on its stability, the amount of disconnections inside the map is high.

#365 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I can honestly say that I do play, and when I am playing it's mostly Game Arena that I'm active in (admittedly dungeons more than Crystal Defenders, but PvM is my preferred option at the moment, and I'll be torn between options when Draconis Peaks picks up activity). I may not be logging into the game every day (I work and study around 80 hours a week, my play time can be severely limited at times), but I do make a conscious effort to speak to players in game when I'm online. I also speak to a number of players daily on my Vent server - a large number are 2Swords but it's one of the most active clans in game right now, and they are not shy about bringing up issues and complaints about the game, and the brutal honestly is appreciated when it is justified.

I may appear to be inactive, but my communication channels extend beyond the game world aswell.

#366 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

borgahutt
Yes, we play.

I some times have a hard time understanding why we're always questioned if we play or not.

New content does keep players interested, so long as it is content they can repeat. This is why PvP is so 'important' to high level players, because the content changes and gives a constant challenge of the unknown. If we could create game content that wasn't PvP based that could provide the same aspect, it would stand a solid chance of being just as successful in entertaining players.

"How are they going to afford to buy epics?"
"How are they going to afford to get honor gears?"
How about, why do they have to buy them from a player? Why can't they hunt or earn the points for them?
Why are you so focused on the idea that everything has to be purchased from the market place?
Why do they need those items to have fun?

The attention you have to this is assuming they also share your goals and points of entertainment. Not everyone does. I know, hard to believe. But for those who do, there are still ways to acheive things over time. And I think that's something that's been lost in concept over the years. A lot has been scaled back because much was given very quickly, very easily and that feeling of accomplishment for effort put in, was being lost. Boredom sets in when no feeling of reward exists.

We understand there's a good portion of players who rely on the market place to obtain things, but everything can also be obtained through time and effort. The instant gratification of having an item the moment you want it, is player driven. That's how an economy becomes an economy. A long time ago, uniques were almost as common as a blues, because of the drop rate and frequency of monsters that gave them. The point of those items were to be rare, valuable, and we were seeing them being sold in mass.

We understand more than you're letting yourself be aware of, because there is a much larger scope of considerations we have to put ourselves through when we develop, make changes or add anything to game play. And you also provide your viewpoint on the idea that everyone shares your exact views. The changes to the Game Arena were not because there was something wrong or broken with it. I can't believe this point hasn't been made clear for all the times I have answered why it was decided to be done. The "Int<>Cha" idea, has been dead for so long. I posted many times, many places, we're not going to make the effect of INT be transferred to Charm, so only Charm has the buff influence. Instead, we are adding the effect to Charm at a stronger rate, so you aren't losing the current effects of INT. But it will not be as powerful as Charm. And skill balancing has been something always talked about being done over the years. Tweaks, improvements, additions, change, better balances in classes. Everyone always has an idea that's shown the desire to add more diversity, ability and fun to playing their class.

You run under your own beliefs about us and make your remarks, when all that you're playing right now is something we've all hada part in creating. So what you view as "perfectly fine" stats and skill balances right now, many don't agree with. Not only that, but we want to keep adding to game play too. Why? Because we want to have fun when we play as well and as we play, we get ideas on how things could be more fun, more entertaining, help us enjoy our time spent playing by adding. updating and providing more.

But you're right, many have thier own ideas of change, some just don't like change, but we as the working development team have the job and objectives to look at all aspects of things to judge what we feel is balanced, intended by design and fun and then take action where we feel its needed. You've hit a good nail, but you've also only touched on part of what we have to consider every day. But you go on the assumption that we're "messing around" and don't play, that we're not doing anything anyone enjoys.

#367 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

And Leo and Genesis played the first DP that went on Leonis when it opened....but they really need better equipment for PVP :). I am glad you are looking at ways to improve the timer system. I understand the concept, but the reality is not necessarily the best atm. I am sure with time and many good suggestions or input there will be a resolution.

As to Premium, you might want to either open DP up on a weekend to all so they want to get Premium because of it...or you might want to give everyone a weekend of premium to entice them to become premium. Personally, from a marketing standpoint, I would improve the redeemable boxes for the 2 days, like higher % chance of the good things (Jewel box 1-3 is not worth it really). Just some ideas.

#368 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

Gojio
Ideas aren't ignored. The entire point of those threads are for us to be able to view the suggestions, ideas and take from them off the understanding that this is what's on the minds of our players. But we're not going to blindly accept every suggestion either. Not all ideas are within what we've come to estbalish as intended design goals. But never-the-less, they do shape how we proceed with concept, development and implementation.

It's easy to say "fix this", "make this better" but do you know how? Do you know what's involved? Do you know of everything else that's also being worked on at the same time?

Rarely is anything simple to fix these days, because as time has progressed, each feature becomes more complicated and more intergrated to other systems.

#369 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Oerba is completely right in what he said, you can deny it all you want. The game is not fun anymore because you have nerfed and are in the process of nerfing everything that is fun.

A completely basic and simple fact is that IM should be something to enhance your game play if you so choose. Can't you at least charge a small monthly fee to play and give us back our game?!? There are many things in the IM we gladly pay for, but there is no reason for us to have to buy something to enhance EVERY aspect of the game including simple refining. It's exhausting.

#370 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's easy to say "fix this", "make this better" but do you know how? Do you know what's involved? Do you know of everything else that's also being worked on at the same time?

Rarely is anything simple to fix these days, because as time has progressed, each feature becomes more complicated and more intergrated to other systems.

It is your job to fix it, and not complain dude. :l

#371 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

The Game Arena did not just happen to appear and did not come easily. It has taken many hours of work and effort to get it to where it is today. It is a wonderful game feature that has been heavily used by a lot of players of higher tier.

lol, It has been used heavily because it was the ONLY thing to use.. I'm sure you could of added any other pvp defending style game and it will still be used "heavily" because of that exact reason. Also, as stated before, most players preferred the old UW. Yes there were problems but those problems were easily fixed with the current system of GA which includes the group feature which decreased the chances of severely unbalanced wars. Also, leeching points? you could even keep 1 client per IP (or) let players still use their clerics to buff but only 1 of the client on the IP will recieve the points (and/or) I suggest let players use buffpots again.

All that effort and time put in to it, and it had no direct impact to revenue. Now, I hear a lot of you saying, "just make the game fun, enjoyable and people will pay!" We worked for several years trying to do that by adding content. To name a few, the Sikuku Ruins, Oblivion Temple, Orlo, the Game Arena, Crystal Defenders, Sea of Dawn, countless equipment tier additions, new monsters and quest content, all free and in the attempt to make ROSE more fun.

I wish I could say, each of those updates have been huge successes in the ability for us to have a full environment of game play that players would be happy to wish to contribute paying for in some way or another. The fact is, they were not. Many were exhausted in a matter of days, to which we were asked "what's next?" or worse, complaints about some other aspect of game play that they would prefer. We hear little thanks..

erm, this goes back to my thought on how people would suggest certain things and it gets warped into a whole different idea or extreme. I recall people on forums were complaining about new "higher tier" gear, but you gave us gear that was pretty much useless almost in all aspect EXCEPT PVM. And even then, speaking from own experience, those gears were only noticeably better in dungeons itself. Outside of dungeons, reinforce would serve as better at lower levels while at higher levels reinforce gear can still hold it's own in comparison to those PVM gears.

Let's see, oh another example of warpping ideas. I still remember when people suggested oh let's have mage be able to randomly remove a buff. What was changed? Lets remove all buffs in just 1 skill for a months till finally just 1 buff is removed. I think you guys need to make more direct use of the people in the senate who could be a voice for our opinions and make changes that more directly resemble them.

Aside from the few people here on forums who would still play and worship the GM's every footstep by their show of brown nosing, changes should not be made and just assume that we are suppose to love. Like if I go to my little sister who loves bike riding, gymnastics and other athletic activities, and then provide give her a novel to read.. wouldn't it be stupid for me to expect her to go "OMG I"VE ALWAYS WANTED TO READ THIS NOVEL" no.. common now lol.

#372 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

well id just like to say that how can someone farm honor gears when they have no gears in the first place.. they going to come out with a few points every hour? or buy it with the fantastic drops you can obtain while leveling? there is no way they will stand a chance in game arena without honor gears unless they sell item mall points to be honest and im sure alot of people agree with this.

#373 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

The Game Arena did not just happen to appear and did not come easily. It has taken many hours of work and effort to get it to where it is today. It is a wonderful game feature that has been heavily used by a lot of players of higher tier.

I hate it. I've been saying that for a year--I mean I stopped playing it as much, and often just play it because my friends asked, or they are short a cleric..etc. And I'm not the only one. The concept is a wonder concept(pvm side of it is wonderful), and we love you for the wonderful concept--so don't take this super personally as an attack on you or the other developers... but you've turned the pvp part of the game into rainbows and unicorns--don't forget the hand-holding kind of game. There's no competition to be the best. Yeah, you get the best gear..but Eh there's no reason to really try at CD other then get some points. So there's a large lack in team work...as everyone ends up trying to get points.. This kind of game I'd tell little children to play because, don't worry, you always win without much effort(provided you've gotten some gear and know a little bit about the game). A lot of players are playing it because there isn't anything else and they don't want to let go of a game they invested so much into it. I've got friends and money into the game..And hate having to start over from scratch somewhere else(I only ever play one other game online..and that's usually when I'm furious with rose) otherwise I'd probably not log in at all--and not saying this to be spiteful..We want the game to improve.. We play crystal defenders, beat up or defend some crystals..but why? For points, no we get those regardless of winning or not. The only real reason for me to beg my attackers to kill a crystal or defend, is to end the misery sooner. And why? There's nothing else to do. You've nerfed players so much--and then on top of it(and people say they like this..But they don't know what they are talking about it) let debuff(A player misuse from the get-go.. no fault on the admin for players being stupid and malicious there..) extend to your boosters. Well now players have no boosters to hide behind(A fact that extends to all sides of whatever warring and is not targeted at any one person or clan..so no one gets butthurt about that statement), so they don't even want to tg war once it turns into a debuffing war(And it always does.. no one wants to go in and get debuffed raped by the mages who don't actually play their class but just spawn and debuff). So we resort to CD because that's the only fix of warring we can get. ::Sad Face::

This is generally why people say you don't log in and play though--You don't know how people are playing the game. How upset some are with CD(regardless of the whining on forums). Some people pretty much log in and use the game as a glorified chat..Or just play it because they don't know what else to do with themselves.. Or are just trying to hoard honor points while waiting for the new gear...ETC.

#374 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

But it was also understood that this was a major feature, that had many hours of time put in to it, that has yielded effectively nothing that can be tracked as a direct return of investment.

No return investment? We have spent 2500+ IM points on passives/IM Buffs, not to mention countless IM points towards refines?

Vast majority of the community would not purchase these just to pew pew some orange king at lvl 230. They purchase these for PVP game modes.

Think about what you still yield in revenue on pluto/ven sales.. now think about how old our current lvl 200 gear is. Imagine comming out with lvl 210 or 220 gear? THAT would be some serious revenue.. nickel and diming the reason we still play isn't.

#375 suzyQ123

suzyQ123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

No return investment? We have spent 2500+ IM points on passives/IM Buffs, not to mention countless IM points towards refines?

Vast majority of the community would not purchase these just to pew pew some orange king at lvl 230. They purchase these for PVP game modes.

Think about what you still yield in revenue on pluto/ven sales.. now think about how old our current lvl 200 gear is. Imagine comming out with lvl 210 or 220 gear? THAT would be some serious revenue.. nickel and diming the reason we still play isn't.

first i didnt mean to plus 1 you was lag on the forums :/

but to comment on your post, i buy item malls skills for almost every char i have, regardless if its for pvp or pvm, cleric buffs included, as well as many others i know,. i also use plutos/ven to ref my gear regardless if its honor gears for pvp or reinforced for farming. i buy lucky spins and lots other things in the item mall so please dont generalize us all together on that aspect (that only hardcore pvpers buy item mall).

on a side note, ive had to wait all day for a dungeon before, leaving a char logged in while doing something else. the dungeon wait was 24 hours before the change, be glad the game arena wasnt like that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users