Patch Notes - v458 - Page 14 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes - v458

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#326 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Precisely what I mean, there is no end to the amount of insults when you're all upset. @ Gojio, please tell me these kids aren't the same ones that are in this thread. Because the lack of manners and respect for another person is nonexistent here.

They don't directly just "Hey feuer, what should we do". I send in an idea, they modify it with their thoughts, pass it around the table at the next meeting, return what everyone thought. Then I add my input, and typically, get's put on the "official list of possible ideas" to collect dust. I'm noones boss at Gravity. The mental impairment you have that they just bow to my every whim is wrong.

PvM should be just as fun, restricted, and rewarding as PvP. It should be even, and balanced. Atm its not balanced, but that doesn't mean "give up and just focus the whole game on pvp" that means work needs to happen, to bring about that balance. If you want a game that's nothing but pvp, go play <Don't post other MMO titles here>. ROSE is based around a story book, not an neanderthal club swinging match of ego and superiority.

Sorry I can't bring up me stating that I am not superior to anyone, without you trying to twist my words to make me sound like a hypocrite. Perhaps if I said, I play differently, neither better nor worse then you, then it would make sense?

Change requires compromise which is what the ROSE team is trying VERY hard to achieve. You denounce those efforts because they're not precisely what you wanted. They're not what I wanted either, but it's fair for both sides. I even proposed that Honor and Valor be exchangeable for a reasonable rate to help curb the frustrations of frequent PvP's in CD. Just because I'm here defending my stance on the matter, doesn't mean in the background I'm not trying to make the blows softer for all of you. Even when I'm being insulted, and flamed, I try to help anyone who cares to listen, find a reasonable compromise that everyone is OK with.

Real talk; this game would be a whole of a hell lot better if you never talked, Feuer. Better yet, if you never played.

But I see what you're doing and I still respect what you tried to do. You know Gravity wants money. You give them an idea to gain money; so you could look better to the employer's at Gravity and potentially get a job there as a business manager or some stupid -_-. Conspiracy.

Or-- Maybe you work at Gravity already and you're the doofus that takes all the blame so the developers can get a break for a bad move.

I could neither prove nor disprove I work for or with them at the time. So if that's what you want to think, then think it.

Edited by Zurn, 04 March 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#327 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia
  • Server:Best Artisan in the world

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Precisely what I mean, there is no end to the amount of insults when you're all upset. @ Gojio, please tell me these kids aren't the same ones that are in this thread. Because the lack of manners and respect for another person is nonexistent here.

They don't directly just "Hey feuer, what should we do". I send in an idea, they modify it with their thoughts, pass it around the table at the next meeting, return what everyone thought. Then I add my input, and typically, get's put on the "official list of possible ideas" to collect dust. I'm noones boss at Gravity. The mental impairment you have that they just bow to my every whim is wrong.

PvM should be just as fun, restricted, and rewarding as PvP. It should be even, and balanced. Atm its not balanced, but that doesn't mean "give up and just focus the whole game on pvp" that means work needs to happen, to bring about that balance. If you want a game that's nothing but pvp, go play RO2 or LoL. ROSE is based around a story book, not an neanderthal club swinging match of ego and superiority.

Sorry I can't bring up me stating that I am not superior to anyone, without you trying to twist my words to make me sound like a hypocrite. Perhaps if I said, I play differently, neither better nor worse then you, then it would make sense?

Change requires compromise which is what the ROSE team is trying VERY hard to achieve. You denounce those efforts because they're not precisely what you wanted. They're not what I wanted either, but it's fair for both sides. I even proposed that Honor and Valor be exchangeable for a reasonable rate to help curb the frustrations of frequent PvP's in CD. Just because I'm here defending my stance on the matter, doesn't mean in the background I'm not trying to make the blows softer for all of you. Even when I'm being insulted, and flamed, I try to help anyone who cares to listen, find a reasonable compromise that everyone is OK with.

It's actually a Korean game and it's a fantasy game. It's not based on a storybook. But, okay. You're the creator of Feuer Online, so I guess I can't argue with you.
You're also closed minded as -_- and it's impossible to argue with you. When you lose an arguement; I can already predict what you're going to say.. "Oh I'm arguing with a bunch of children" No, nickel. You arguing with a bunch of people that don't like the way you think. (Or you in general)
P.S: Game isn't based on PvP, but it sure as hell isn't based on PvM either.
Hebarn VS Arua

I could neither prove nor disprove I work for or with them at the time. So if that's what you want to think, then think it.

So you want the players to think you work for Gravity; because that's what you're hinting. A normal person would honestly just say; no. I don't work for this company. It's not that hard, pal.

Edited by Svenatenine, 04 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#328 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Feuer you were asking people to pick on you.
Why else would you announce that it was your suggestion adding this timer towards the PvP aspect and be glad about it that it has happened?

I'll quote again:

The idea was not solely mine to begin with, however I made some very detailed observations, gave my input and suggestions on the matter, as the way they were implemented matched those things.

If your observations and input were correct, why is already a majority of the community disliking this?

I do think you're trying too hard becoming something you aren't.
Just move on and enjoy the game rather than spending time replying.

#329 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Feuer you were asking people to pick on you.
Why else would you announce that it was your suggestion adding this timer towards the PvP aspect and be glad about it that it has happened?

I'll quote again:

If your observations and input were correct, why is already a majority of the community disliking this?

I do think you're trying too hard becoming something you aren't.

He can't enjoy the game because it's not Feuer Online yet and PvP still outweighs PvM.
Maybe he should just learn how to PvP but with those characters.. Nah.

#330 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Seriously Feuer, you need to level up your PvP characters. They're severely lacking in PvP potential.

I am amazed you are so knowledgable about PvP and Crystal Defenders without your characters being of level with everyone else who PvPs.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 04 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#331 Faldrin

Faldrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

In my honest opinion I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to favor PvP a little more then PvM. In the basic concept that it can be easily managed content wise in the matter of development compared to PvM. PvM demands constant additions of entirely new dungeons. Requiring a large scale of development. But for PvP it can be relatively easy. Make one side of a map then "cut and paste" to make it even. One thing that wouldn't be too hard would be to bring back like UW. They already have the base content from earlier.

Balancing a game in the end is a double-edge sword. Either way you tilt your going to get cut.

#332 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

If you want a game that's nothing but pvp, go play RO2 or LoL. ROSE is based around a story book, not an neanderthal club swinging match of ego and superiority.

Actually, RO2 and LoL are fast paced version of all and any other MMO's. They have everything in common such as:
  • Starting as low level and weak
  • Customizing oneself with item of your choice
  • Aiming to get stronger
  • And upon reaching end-game, PvP
So in the end, ROSE is about PvP.

#333 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

h4h4h4h4h4h4h4h44h4h4h4h

This guy knows his -_-, doe.

#334 ChupaChupsJr

ChupaChupsJr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

this game is not farmville, dont make roseonline like farmville that people likes to collect than to pvp, we dont care about pvm, wer not nerds who just follow what ever dev team implement. its like making moonlight a GM lol.

just listen to those kyoudai member (pre historic player lol) and implement what is best for the community.

#335 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Besides, what you're deeply wrong about is the idea that PvP has been given more importance than PvM. That is completely wrong.

There are 5 maps out of idk how many, 30-40? in which PvP is allowed: Junon and Luna CFs, TG, Ruins and DoD. There are 3 Dungeons available for PvM games, and 2 PvP games only (one of which was implemented last week and is premium only for now)

PvMers have way more stuff to do than PvPers already. They can lvl, they can farm, they can vend (since you consider vending a PvM part of the game, for some odd reason). If a player is only interested in PvP "x" day and he wants to play CD but it won't happen because there was one 5 minutes before he logged and now there aren't enough players to start another one, what is he supposed to do?

Can you force him to lvl other characters or farm? Can you give him stuff to sell or money to buy stuff if he doesn't need either of those? No, you can't.

If you want to give more space to PvM, fine, do it, make suggestion for new dungeons, suggest a different drop table (which I did long time ago and nothing came out of it), a different party experience system (which I suggested 2 days ago and care about, unlike what you may think), new gems (which I suggested some time ago and nothing came out of it), a different gem crafting system (which I suggested long time ago and nothing came out of it), different prices for some Valor materials like Hearts (which I suggested already and nothing came out of it).

You don't judge a player when you don't know him. I made dozens of suggestion for PvM because I actually like it. I like farming occasionally, hunting kings, levelling new chars (I'm actually lvling a spear champ).

So no, don't get me wrong but you're not the only one who wants PvM considered a little more, especially the drop table and lvling speed.

But no, and I will never stop saying this, restricting an already limited system is a step in the wrong path, and won't make PvM any better.

#336 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

PvM part isn't actually an end-game feature. In most MMOs I played these past few years (after some local ROSE shut down), dungeons are done from low level to mid level. Dungeons and any other PvM contents are actually mid-game features.

#337 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Originally, I was going to post responses to various posts, but I quickly realized I was repeating myself from answers given already.

So instead, here is what is being worked on after reviewing the weekend's results.
  • Game Arean PvP sign-ups
  • We are working to implement a means to increase the allowable number of sign ups in a day's time as a standard feature. So free to play accounts will be able to queue a few times in a row, before the timer becomes a point of limitation. We have a couple ideas being put through the pipeline to see which is better to implement for the short and long run of things for the PvP side of the Game Arena. But at the core of it, you can expect to have a number of queue allowances that will be provided as a standard, after which once exhausted the timer will begin.

The intention behind this is to allow for more fruequent use of the PvP aspect of the Game Arena, but still retaining a limited access for free to play accounts. The Item Mall's reset item would restore the full number of allowable sign ups again until exhausted.
  • Side notes:
  • The prospect of increasing the maximum amount of Honor Points that could be accumulated within a match is being considered, as well as an adjustment to the weight of how points can be obtained through activity (damage, healing, kills, objectives acheived, etc.) so more points can be potentially earned per match.
  • Premium Account Honor Bonuses are being reviewed for an increase in bonus.
    (currently a 10% bonus to Honor gains from matches over basic accounts)
[*]Party Share Exp Bonuses
[/list]
  • We will be adjusting the party bonus amount per additional party member joined to the group so it is less of a 'hit' to experience as the party grows in size.
---

Tomorrow is a scheduled maintenance to end the Enchanted Box of Stones sale and update the Lucky Spin with the two costumes that were voted for over the weekend from Facebook. If you haven't seen the two costumes, you can check them out here: Costumes for March!

Though we will try to implement the above mentioned changes as soon as possible, not all may be possible to include before tomorrow because of the time restraint and level of change we're looking to implement within the code.

#338 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

this game is not farmville, dont make roseonline like farmville that people likes to collect than to pvp, we dont care about pvm, wer not nerds who just follow what ever dev team implement. its like making moonlight a GM lol.

just listen to those kyoudai member (pre historic player lol) and implement what is best for the community.

hello. not kyoudai. oerba and dusk still deserve credits for their ideas.

#339 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

How much did Kevin pay you for this post?

#340 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Why is enchanted box ending tomorrow instead on Saturday? @_@ It's 4 days early to end the 2-week duration for it @_@

#341 Svenatenine

Svenatenine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2072 posts
  • LocationCanadafornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

How much did Kevin pay you for this post?

Do not question, just know.. It's enough for my College tuition.

#342 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

@Leonis, why not just take off the timer and implement other ideas that the community have stated multiple times? It would be a win-win situation for both sides. You generate revenue while the community can enjoy playing GA/DP without this BS timer. Question. What's the point to having a community senate? Can someone share with me if Gravity even talks with them anymore?

Edited by Stachola, 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#343 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

Adding a timer on the already restricted system is like putting traffic lights on a roundabout.

Bullseye.

Leo, glad to hear it. It's some alleviation, anyway.

#344 ChupaChupsJr

ChupaChupsJr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

and those hot player like oerba and some pre historic players like svenatenine and dusk.

so still not unli GA on next patch

#345 Faldrin

Faldrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

Originally, I was going to post responses to various posts, but I quickly realized I was repeating myself from answers given already.

So instead, here is what is being worked on after reviewing the weekend's results.

• Game Arean PvP sign-ups
  • We are working to implement a means to increase the allowable number of sign ups in a day's time as a standard feature. So free to play accounts will be able to queue a few times in a row, before the timer becomes a point of limitation. We have a couple ideas being put through the pipeline to see which is better to implement for the short and long run of things for the PvP side of the Game Arena. But at the core of it, you can expect to have a number of queue allowances that will be provided as a standard, after which once exhausted the timer will begin.

The intention behind this is to allow for more fruequent use of the PvP aspect of the Game Arena, but still retaining a limited access for free to play accounts. The Item Mall's reset item would restore the full number of allowable sign ups again until exhausted.
  • Side notes:
  • The prospect of increasing the maximum amount of Honor Points that could be accumulated within a match is being considered, as well as an adjustment to the weight of how points can be obtained through activity (damage, healing, kills, objectives acheived, etc.) so more points can be potentially earned per match.
  • Premium Account Honor Bonuses are being reviewed for an increase in bonus.
    (currently a 10% bonus to Honor gains from matches over basic accounts)
[*]Party Share Exp Bonuses
[/list]
  • We will be adjusting the party bonus amount per additional party member joined to the group so it is less of a 'hit' to experience as the party grows in size.
---

Tomorrow is a scheduled maintenance to end the Enchanted Box of Stones sale and update the Lucky Spin with the two costumes that were voted for over the weekend from Facebook. If you haven't seen the two costumes, you can check them out here: Costumes for March!

Though we will try to implement the above mentioned changes as soon as possible, not all may be possible to include before tomorrow because of the time restraint and level of change we're looking to implement within the code.

Woot! I really hope that it will encourage larger parties and relieve the stress of being picky of classes in the party. Also, think the idea of adding an allowance before the timer hits is a bit redundant. Why even bother with a timer then?

Edited by Faldrin, 04 March 2013 - 05:00 PM.

#346 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Adam, I admire your sexy belly. That must be where you obtain your great fountain of knowledge.

#347 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

The Senate may have valuable input, but the members have over stayed the estimated time they would be in the group. The group idea was Calanor's, and in the current state, Leonis is looking into other possibilities for the Senate, and possible new members.

As per the topic in general, Leonis' post makes it very clear and evident that they do listen to the few people on here the rage, and take into consideration the thousands in-game who don't post on the forums, attempting to make a reasonable compromise.

#348 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Actually, the few people who rage here in forums are just 2% of the actual number of people who rages about CD timer. Surely if we make an in-game poll, It's almost 99% of which some from 1% are possible trolls.

They indeed listen to what people say but not do what they heard. They make their own solution.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 04 March 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#349 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

The Senate may have valuable input, but the members have over stayed the estimated time they would be in the group. The group idea was Calanor's, and in the current state, Leonis is looking into other possibilities for the Senate, and possible new members.

As per the topic in general, Leonis' post makes it very clear and evident that they do listen to the few people on here the rage, and take into consideration the thousands in-game who don't post on the forums, attempting to make a reasonable compromise.

Eh, it would end up being the same members nominated for the senate anyways(The ones still active now). Not sure where you're going with this...

#350 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

@Namir, just a response to the user who asked if the Senate still operates with their intended goals and purpose. The senate pretty much fell apart once Calanor left, obviously they're still senate, and in contact, but not in the scale and purpose originally intended.

edit: note i don't want to be a senate member, i could be one. but it wouldn't work being the mot hated person on here, to try and propose anything because it would immediately be dismissed due to my name being attached to the post.

Edited by Feuer, 04 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users