380 replies to this topic

#51 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Just a question though, does anyone actually buy premium account subscription due to this patch? or does anyone just give up queue up for matches?

Seriously, in Gravity's point of view, they update the game is because they want IM sales, never the reason of making the game better. Not every one has multiple geared characters to avoid this 1 hour waiting, Crystal defender is the only end game content that most people enjoy, but this 1 hour waiting thing is totally not a good thing happen to this game, and it will adversely affect your long term income, people will soon realize no matter how they pay for premium account, they still have to wait for the non premium members to queue up. Because the queue just does not have sufficient energy to reach the threshold. And people will cease paying up for premium account.

Next time think harder, there are many ways to ask people to pay for premium subscription without destroying the game.

#52 zenheartbeats

zenheartbeats

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

though i had my doubts, i was optimistic about this patch... but i'm also going have to call this one a flop.

even though it sounds stupid i spend a lot of time and (way too much, something i am only now starting to regret) money on this game just so i can play pvp instances, and tonight i have been able to play just two (terrible) games of cd and one (the only one that started tonight in the leonis server) of dp.

the pvp timer restriction needs to go.

this update didn't make it more worthwhile at all for me to have a premium account nor does it make me want to spend more in the IM. i mean, you want more of my money, but you couldn't at least change the lucky spin this month? what are you doing? T___T

i think an emergency patch needs to be done very soon to undo these ridiculous restrictions that have been placed on our gameplay. even if we do own premium accounts, all of the premium content that we are able to access is limited by non-premium users.

everybody loses!

please save this game, and as always, thank you for your hard work...

#53 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

....Stupidest idea ever...well it does have some steep competition from other patches so i wont say that. I would love to get premium again to enjoy the "early access" to the content you just put out, but I know it is a waste. We already wait to damn long for CD to start as it is, and now you restrict it further. Sure if CD was so damn busy it always started no matter what, and you had a giant pool of players going at it this patch would make sense, but now you add restrictions to a mode that is already sucking wind.

You know how long people wait to join a CD now a days? Just to have half the team, and of course the cleric afk because they already left the computer. You really want to make it worse? Yeah your short term revenue will go up, but once people realize that CD just isn't going to happen they will stop giving you money.

You can not make this game pay to play, come the hell on. If this company is really this desperate for funds than just close the doors.

Edited by coalchamberloco, 27 February 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#54 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Everyone is in the same boat of opinions on this one. On a game mode for a single person or a small group had a timer, it would be more manageable, however the reality of these pvp instances to work is that multiple people need to be together at one time for it happen. With the timer in place, it's going to be harder for it to take place, for premium users too because they won't start it alone. Once Draconis Peaks goes live for non premium it along with the timer will compete with Crystal Defenders and we'll likely see less wars than we do now. Plus when they do happen they will be unexpected and as others have stated, will end up having afk players in the group.

What if the pvp modes happened every hour on alternate hours? Crystal Defenders on even hours and Draconis Peaks on odd hours, and the timer icon would indicate how much time left until the game starts. This is to prevent the games from conflicting with eachother and also to get people together at the same time. The premium deal can work as it does for pvm dungeons, but what if you remove the ip restriction for players in pvp modes? I would say to allow a single dual client for a premium member but people will only dual a cleric, and if that is the only cleric on the team it would problematic.

#55 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

What if the pvp modes happened every hour on alternate hours? Crystal Defenders on even hours and Draconis Peaks on odd hours, and the timer icon would indicate how much time left until the game starts. This is to prevent the games from conflicting with eachother and also to get people together at the same time. The premium deal can work as it does for pvm dungeons, but what if you remove the ip restriction for players in pvp modes? I would say to allow a single dual client for a premium member but people will only dual a cleric, and if that is the only cleric on the team it would problematic.

WIN. An scheduled event. This is really the best idea so far.

But it is better if it's just an additional. If people can't wait for it, they should still be able to queue and start a diffirent game.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#56 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I love all these replys where "OH we aren't FORCING you to buy premium, we are just absolutely making you miserable if you don't!"

#57 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Thanks for sorting out the Vizar key issue ^_^

#58 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

REGARDING the early access for Draconis Peaks, I think premium didn't benefit a lot because their number is not enough to start a game and they have conflict in time zones.

The next time you'll implement early access for premiums, make a PvP-GA playable for all but add cooldown for non-premium users (since they are just trying it anyway). And when the early-access period is over, remove the cooldown.

#59 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Everyone is in the same boat of opinions on this one. On a game mode for a single person or a small group had a timer, it would be more manageable, however the reality of these pvp instances to work is that multiple people need to be together at one time for it happen. With the timer in place, it's going to be harder for it to take place, for premium users too because they won't start it alone. Once Draconis Peaks goes live for non premium it along with the timer will compete with Crystal Defenders and we'll likely see less wars than we do now. Plus when they do happen they will be unexpected and as others have stated, will end up having afk players in the group.

No Why have it scheduled that is still limiting to most players. Just revert it to the original queuing system.

#60 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

On the contrary, we very much think about the game play. The game play is what we think of first. However, we are forced to think after the fact about how revenue can be generated so ROSE can continue to be supported by the development team's efforts. It is a necessary "evil" if we want to see ROSE continue in to the future.

Seriously? That's the business philosophy of Gravity? You guys seem to have a distorted business model. It's like saying, "keep buying my sub-par game so i can design a better one to sell to you". In my world, effort precedes rewards. Not the other way round. Similarly, if your devs put in serious effort into this game, revenues will follow. Not the other way round.

#61 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Scheduling PvP-GA allows accumulated players than individual queues.

#62 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Scheduling PvP-GA allows accumulated players than individual queues.

You have a point there.

I guess that way people will now when to start logging in.

#63 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yes, that's better in terms of population. Back then, level 30 to 90 is an scheduled clan field and it's really fun during those times.

I know a game that starts a so-called Sacred War every 30 minutes. They gain 100vs100 population.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 27 February 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#64 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Yes, that's better in terms of population. Back then, level 30 to 90 is an scheduled clan field and it's really fun during those times.

I know a game that starts a so-called Sacred War every 30 minutes. They gain 100vs100 population.

Wow 100vs100.

If that will be done in ROSE

I cant imagine the Lag.

Lagnarok

#65 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Parties are now dead.

I remember I've met many friends from low level parties, because high level characters who are boosting their new characters willingly accept newbs into their parties. No reason to do that now, those who are doing that will just keep to themselves, lest they lose precious exp.

And there is almost no reason to party now since there would be no way to break even on the exp.
You'd only join parties without exp-sharing just for the bonus, essentially turning the game into a solo grind fest, with the "party" in the background just for the bonus.

Why bother nerfing levelling, after so many people got to where they are with the old system?
This does nothing except be unfair to new players.

#66 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Played my first CD after the patch and it was pathetic. More than half of the people were afk. CD is now just an honor point grind fest (and not even too good for that) because it's pretty much win easy/lose hard and both are boring as heck.

#67 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Its obvious that the people who plan and then carry out the paltry updates we do get do not play the game or understand what the game and the players need. Raising revenue is just fine if you are putting new things into rose. I have seen no new updates since orlo2 now the adding of mini games is designed to be quick repeat high demand and hi revenue ideas. They work for a while but after this update /mess I think you will find u just might have driven your core support to other games One other thing if your staff is so small they must be all pulling down 6 figure salaries, all the revenue is not going into development its not going to salaries where is it going?

#68 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Parties are now dead.

I remember I've met many friends from low level parties, because high level characters who are boosting their new characters willingly accept newbs into their parties. No reason to do that now, those who are doing that will just keep to themselves, lest they lose precious exp.

And there is almost no reason to party now since there would be no way to break even on the exp.
You'd only join parties without exp-sharing just for the bonus, essentially turning the game into a solo grind fest, with the "party" in the background just for the bonus.

Why bother nerfing levelling, after so many people got to where they are with the old system?
This does nothing except be unfair to new players.

That is what I have been saying for a long time.

But some people actually complain that leveling is to fast and it makes the game boring because there is nothing to do at Max level. which for me I think is not good reason to nerf leveling.

Now there is nothing good to do at Max level even if you are Geared. And leveling is now a grind.

#69 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

They should add bonuses to premium users by adding new stuff not taking it away from normal users.

Also since now I can queue for dungeons more often I was thinking of just solo queuing since making a group is a lot of effort, but is there a cleric requirement for the dungeon to start? If not, I won't.

#70 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

What am I missing? The only thing I saw "taken away" in this patch was the ridiculous party experience and from what I understand the dungeon thing is now better for non premium players isn't it?

The party patch took guts and I applaud the developers for caring about the game enough to make a tough decision that wasn't going to be popular. The levelling and experience rates are too high WITHOUT a party. You can argue fairness (which doesn't make sense) all day long but the fact that you can outlevel every map in an hour or less for the entire planet of Junon is proof positive.

So good on the developers for making the unpopular choice. You can moan about their motives all you like, but making that decision is proof to me that they care about the game and DO make changes that are based on the game play and not financially motivated.

#71 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I was referring to the CD timer. It literally killed CD. I have nothing against the party exp fix. And I am all for the dungeon change. Only the CD timer implementation was a bad decision imo. I wouldn't care about the timer if once I got in the game it would be WORTH it.

Edited by katryn, 27 February 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#72 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Ahh, okay I haven't bothered with CD (actually I don't think I am high enough) so I didn't realize what that meant. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

#73 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

wow is it me or has everyone stopped reading and just flame out insted,what i meen whit that well here it gos:

before update the timer for none premium was 1 time pr day
after update the timer for none premium is 1 pr 2nd houre, i meen you go and then have to wait 1 houre = YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT 1 FRIKING HOURE compeared to 23 HOUERS before hello it is BETER NOW, is it really that hard to understand people? so as i see this you can go PvM 12 times whit in 24 houres = Beter, but the PvP one shulde be no timer on it agree there even i dont do pvp i do agree it shuldnt have timer on it ^^

thats my big 2 cent enjoy have fun cya later :)

#74 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Darn it. this is just plain stupid....... its fine with the dragon dungeon or what ever you want to call it, but come on man, why crystal defenders have to be on timer as well. that's like the only thing I do ..... so now i have to wait an hour in order to participate. than next once the timer is off. there is no freaking players are available to join... this is not how to make money GRAVITY.... think of something else ,, maybe charge $1000 for a max status and skill for players who are willing to pay..... not to take out the fun of the game... so freaking dissapointedddddddd.....

#75 ChupaChupsJr

ChupaChupsJr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

wth is that, we need to wait for 1 hour just to play GA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users