Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

1) I've been here for 5-6 months max. Samurai costume was in Lucky Spin, it got taken off around a week later.
2) Gameplay does not affect new players at all ? Good point. What about those stuck in between now ?
3) In any MMORPG you play, and if you did play any. No matter how balance the economy is, some people always manage to afford anything they want.
4) So very kind of you to consider about Low and Mid level gears. If you havent been leveling lately, I advise you to do so. Gears are a frequent Drop. And NPC do sell them. So if you have been picking up loots , sell them and get some gears, I am sure you will find it.
5) IM causes economy disadvantage ? Sorry cant talk about this. I think we both agree this game needs IM for it to survive.
6) You have to stop preaching about you know what is good being low level and all that nonsense about economy. I've been here for only 6 months max, I know what I did to reach where I am now. Which is why I am above everyone else here dead against the leveling system being nerfed. It is unfair that they turned a blind eye on it for so long and those who came before, benefited and got away with it. Now those just started have to be told "Owh sorry it was a glitch" ? Get real.
7) It was because I have been through what I did that I made a small clan trying to house lowbies and offer help & protection. I have plenty of them in my house and I do my best helping out. So again, stop preaching me about how you think you know better about lowbie's situation. I dont just say "I know" I proved it that I do.

Nuff said calder.

And if you ever in need of lvling help, dont be shy to ask.

#102 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Everyone says this isn't fair to new players. I disagree, what people are really saying is "this isn't fair to MY new CHARACTERS" Because new players don't know what it was like and will actually benefit from the changes.

This is in fact unfair to new players not my new characters. You are putting words in peoples mouths if you are going to stick by that.

#103 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

People who care about 'content' and 'storyline' will do them regardless, the content is not 'being ignored' by them.
I know a few people who are aware of the existence of the aoe levelling parties with a 200 sacri+cleric, but they prefer to stay low level and do quests.

People who could care less, like me, don't even bother reading thru the text in dialogues.
I normally play an MMORPG for a week, and quit.
I only stayed because I discovered ROSE isn't a grinding game (or it wasn't, rather).
I even have bought some IM points (for a mount, for faster walking back when I was low level,that's how impatient I am).
I'd never have done it if not for that 50-levels-an-hour party.
It even pissed me off that I needed my account verified before I could spend money (like they didn't want to take my money).

All you/they are doing is a disservice to the "impatient" half of the audience who could hardly care about "content", quests, or "storylines".
We don't care about grinding, don't force us to do so.
Those who want to will.

#104 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

zozi - 5-6 months compared to watching this game evolve for 8 years now.... I have seen both sides of the equation, as has Gojio, you've seen one and you're questioning my ability to speak to the condition of the game? Yeah you're right, nuff said since you obviously don't have the history to discuss this matter objectively and are not actually understanding some of what I'm saying (which could be my explanation, again not an insult).

Karla, we've been down this path before, I've tried to explain how you're misusing the word fair to no avail. So really no point going down that path again.

bundat - honestly I do understand there are two sides to every story, but you say yourself that you usually play an MMORPG for a week and quit, that in itself speaks to your preferred gaming style, which in all honesty isn't the way almost all MMORPG's are built. So while my opinion is my own, I don't believe, nor has anyone yet to give me any proof that a brand new player starting Rose today (the average MMORPG player I mean) is in any way hampered by this change. I have given numerous reasons why it's beneficial to new players yet all I get in response is "it's not fair" which makes zero sense since there is no fairness involved or "it's harder to level" which again I reiterate isn't a detriment to new players.

#105 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

Its still unfair whether or not it will be a big detriment. Not to me. But new Players not new Characters. Them being not able to know that its easier to level before has nothing to do with it. It is still unfair that their batch has to lag a bit.

Its already unfair years ago when the leveling rate went up. Previous players took like a year to grind to max. Yeah its already unfair that our batch manage to do it in 3weeks. some people in 4days.

And since leveling is easy people get to level more Characters to max like 2 artisans 1champ to get for CD. A level 103 bourg to farm a knight to tank for their new characters and a cleric to heal. You have 2crafting artisans that can sell gems and what not. Plus max chars to farm honor pts. for PvP. so you can protect your Farmers at DOD.

So here comes the new Players playing a cleric and the other a champ. It will take them like 3months what other accomplished in 1week. They will start to farm at DOD and get PKed by fully Geared players who had the advantage to max plenty of chars before.

And don't give me that not every one wants to PvP.

If you want to move forward with this game you have to PvP weather you like or not because PvP is part of this game.

If that is not unfair.

I don't know what is.

#106 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

What exactly do you mean 'that itself speaks for my preferred gaming style'? Are you insulting my play style?
I quit because I discover most MMOs are grind fests, with the almost universal rule that the amount of exp/grinding to get from 1-98, is equal to the grinding needed for 98-99.

I honestly don't want to waste months of my life trying to increment a single byte on some remote database in a computer located who knows where.
And if I wanted a game with storyline, I'd stick with my Squaresoft RPGs, thank you very much.

I usually stick around in MMOs for the community. And levelling quickly is almost always a part of it, because high-level PvP (trash-talk, trolling and everything) is almost always a part of it (love it and hate it), and being a newbie does not get you any respect.

#107 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

If that is not unfair.

I don't know what is.

Nuff said.

Bundat - No not at all, your gaming style is a personal preference and far be it from me to tell you there is something wrong with what you like. What I meant, and you said it yourself, is that your gaming style isn't inline with most MMORPG's and Rose IS an MMORPG. The majority of players that like MMORPG's understand that grinding and the story/experience is what the game is all about.

So no, I am not insulting you at all, just saying that while my opinion is my own that your opinion is yours but also from the point of view of someone that doesn't actually like the way most MMORPG's work and by extension is probably even less an indication of what the majority of players want.

#108 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

^ All you said there is that ROSE should be about grinding.
From my understanding, it never was. Not until this update anyway.
It made it different, but now its just another hack and slash for new players.

#109 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Then you haven't read through any of my previous posts. As to Rose never being grinding... did you read where I said even now current rates are about 30x base? By base I mean what Rose started as. It literally took months to get to level 80 but there was always something to do, always people to play with, no issue finding a party to "grind" with and no PVP wasn't hurt at all, there was still tons of PVP, I have no idea where anyone got the idea you need to be max level to PvP.

#110 dual1ty

dual1ty

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Calder, i share you're oppinion with the leveling now i read you're posts.

the only problem with this is, wheni started playing rose 7 years ago the 2nd job was 70. if this would be changed the lvling would be alright.
and people that start now will have a goal that is easier than reaching lvl 100.

#111 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Are we even playing the same game?
At my current level, people run up to me in DOD while grinding, kill me in a blink of an eye, call me trash, and drive away.
Where is this fantasy game of ROSE where you PVP at level 80.

I don't even think there's enough new players to support your point of view. Almost everyone I've been in a party with always knows what to do next:
"time to move to krawfies"
"we should go dod"
"party moving to ot"
I even got left behind because no one would answer my question as to what ot means. And I don't even know where these parties move next after ot, and at what level range. (guess I'll never find out)

All this will do is alienate the new players (which are few and far in between) from the old players (who are all maxed since it was so easy). And prevent old players from making new characters (which was giving an illusion of a larger player base than what really exists). There are really no proper benefits to it.

Edited by bundat, 27 February 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#112 Unacquainted

Unacquainted

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

WERE ALL -_-!

#113 dual1ty

dual1ty

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

i guess theres point in that but what is the reason there arent low lvl people? i know the flood of people comming is is not that great, but we can make it easier for people comming in by changing some things and let the lvl parties not be a great part of it.

by making 2nd job easier to get new people will have it easier from 70 to 100.

i started playing 7 years ago then everything was flooded cause lvling wasnt this easy now people just round up waiting to join parties in OT.
the ony thing i didnt like playing the low levels is because of no people there, with this exp decrease people will start to flood a lil more at low lvl maps.
with this people that start will see more people and meet more people.

We can still help these people lvl maybe let the groups be like mentoring groups were people get a reward when they lvl low lvl players. for each player for each 10 lvls 10 points or for every continuing lvl more points.
so if u get in a party with 5 low lvls u get 50 points for every 10 lvls. these points can then be used for items.
this will help low lvl players alot and make it maybe fun for them to

#114 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

I even got left behind because no one would answer my question as to what ot means. And I don't even know where these parties move next after ot, and at what level range. (guess I'll never find out)

And this seems good for the game to you? O.o The game moves so fast that a newcomer IN A PARTY can't get his party mates to answer a simple question?

As to your comments about getting killed in DoD, what does that have to do with the discussion. Even at max level there are places where people will do that to you, and to be completely honest it's only the rare jerk that thinks running through a low level area with a high level character killing everyone is funny, it doesn't happen that often in my experience. There is TG, CF and DoD at lower levels for PvP and even in those places you can stand around and have fun with people your own level most of the time.

dual1ty - I don't personally think second job needs to go back to 70. I have never suggested we go back to iRose experience rates, just that they slow it to the point where the whole game is enjoyable.

#115 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

These are all great ideas..... if this was a new game, with a huge influx of new players, in the hundreds.
But all the people I meet at low levels I'm already familiar with.
The occassional unfamiliar name is always accompanied by a sacri and a cleric, and is soon 200. Obv someone's alt.

Funny tho, the people defending the exp change are mostly people who are unaffected, players with maxed characters and have no interest in making new characters.
All affected people (new players, and old players making new characters) are all complaining.

That only goes to show who has first hand experience.
Defending this idea when you are not affected, is no different from a dev making a change when they don't even play the game anymore.

#116 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

And this seems good for the game to you? O.o The game moves so fast that a newcomer IN A PARTY can't get his party mates to answer a simple question?

Can't you even follow the train of thought?
That was proof that there are virtually no new players in this game, only old players making new characters.

As to your comments about getting killed in DoD, what does that have to do with the discussion.

Seriously, follow the discussion.
I was talking about getting respect during PvP. How can you get it if you're low level.
How can you trash talk? How can you troll? How can you even enjoy it?

As I said, where is this fantasy game of ROSE where people pvp at lvl 80?

#117 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I just wanted to put my two cents here and say I'm literally mindblowned by the idea of making Draconis Peaks Premium access only for it's debut.

How can people try this new game out if there aren't enough people out in the community who even pvp let alone will get premium. I only played in one draconis peak game and enjoyed it. Now when i'm checking the queue, there are only 3 people in queue.....

Seriously, do an emergency patch now to make the new map not premium only and give a chance to players who don't have access to pay for the premium or the warpportal surveys to experience it.

P.S I understand that it's' a limited time access for Premium, but the PS3 network gives access to demos for free :).

#118 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

i just dont see the logic of some decisions they make? like alot have said the added 'premium' you think people will buy will not benefit if people are annoyed by changes imo. the timer for dungeons seems ok. not really much problem with that, the main problem is the crystal defenders timer? i dont understand why you would do it? at my night time i would like to see a gm come into game and see really how 'active' the cd is and sometimes you cant even get a game started. thats not even 20 players, now with this draconis peaks that will make that number less of course (Same with bringing out the dungeons) thats fine. but then to put a timer on that to? i really dont understand. yes i know other mmo have this timers on pvp and pvm instances like this but im sure they have a much larger player base to be able to do so. at the moment if been signed up for over a hour and 10 people in que..

and to top it off to make more money you chuck a reset in item mall. but tbh that actually made me laugh.

if you want draconis peaks to be tested then let everyone test it

Edited by borgahutt, 27 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#119 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Seriously?

I have been playing again for about 4 months.
I am playing a raider.
I have not been in one single party since I started.
I quite enjoy the game.

Why? Because I understand it's a game to be enjoyed that has many complex features that don't include a race to max level. God do you people even listen to what you're saying? Really honestly listen?

In one breath bitching that the ONLY fun thing to do at max level (CD) is limited, then in the very next breath bitching that getting to max level is harder... I swear I really don't understand the mentality surrounding this game, and it's a big part of why I stepped away from the development end of it. The arguments for why something is bad are just plain unintelligible with people making contradictory statements constantly.

This game is not about rushing to max level. It was never intended to be that and it's design DOES suffer from the experience rates that are in the game at the moment. So much content is being utterly wasted because of it but no one sees it because they all want to be 1337 (lord I despise that word, saying, whatever).

The other thing you'd all be very surprised to discover is just because the majority of you are complaining you DON'T represent the majority of players. The majority of players never bother with the forums at all.

Well my friend not everyone in rose is like you...we don't want to spend 2 years solo grinding for 1 level (what is your level by the way? 150 160? and you know what you are talking about HOW?) Even when this game was a grind with reduced exp rates, where a party would take you hours to get each level, it was ok. There was no problem with a low level cleric leeching or something, because your exp didnt change. and it kinda made for a closer community, because those same dudes you were grinding with for HOURS you would be right back with next week. "Hey bud! add me to your friends list! we can pick up tomorrow!." Even with the speed leveling you you had guys (myself included if you didnt bug me) who would go out of thier way to party guys who were hard to level like katar raiders into thier speed leveling parties just to help out the poor dudes...wont see THAT crap anymore..."You have aoe? no we dont need you raider." "We already have a 200 cleric with 900 int, we dont need you NOOB gtfo!" THATS what everyone's complaint is about. not about the killed exp rates only. The exp was really fine tho, the speed leveling was really only at the lower levels, 200 to 230 is still a fairly long and painful grind.

And what content exactly? I have about 20+ 200+ characters. Wanna know how many times ive done the story quest? ONCE. Its not worth it. Waste of time.

Edited by Sathanas, 27 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#120 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:43 AM

Can't you even follow the train of thought?
That was proof that there are virtually no new players in this game, only old players making new characters.

Seriously, follow the discussion.
I was talking about getting respect during PvP. How can you get it if you're low level.
How can you trash talk? How can you troll? How can you even enjoy it?

As I said, where is this fantasy game of ROSE where people pvp at lvl 80?

So, let me follow this train of thought you're talking about here. The current state of the game has made it so there is very little new blood in the game, changed the game where apparently only max levels can PvP but we should not change the game because these are good things?

Gotcha, makes perfect sense now! I can't believe I didn't see this before, we don't need new people we just need the status quo!! Apologies.

Well my friend not everyone in rose is like you...we don't want to spend 2 years solo grinding for 1 level (what is your level by the way? 150 160? and you know what you are talking about HOW?) Even when this game was a grind with reduced exp rates, where a party would take you hours to get each level, it was ok. There was no problem with a low level cleric leeching or something, because your exp didnt change. and it kinda made for a closer community, because those same dudes you were grinding with for HOURS you would be right back with next week. "Hey bud! add me to your friends list! we can pick up tomorrow!." Even with the speed leveling you you had guys (myself included if you didnt bug me) who would go out of thier way to party guys who were hard to level like katar raiders into thier speed leveling parties just to help out the poor dudes...wont see THAT crap anymore..."You have aoe? no we dont need you raider." "We already have a 200 cleric with 900 int, we dont need you NOOB gtfo!" THATS what everyone's complaint is about. not about the killed exp rates only. The exp was really fine tho, the speed leveling was really only at the lower levels, 200 to 230 is still a fairly long and painful grind.

And what content exactly? I have about 20+ 200+ characters. Wanna know how many times ive done the story quest? ONCE. Its not worth it. Waste of time.

My current level is 160 I believe, what does that have to do with anything? I have 8 years experience with Rose including a development role. So yes I do believe I am speaking from knowledge.

Your whole argument is based on people being ignorant... nice.

Edited by calder12, 27 February 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#121 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

No, the train of thought is that since everyone who isnt new was already at max level in a week, all this will do is alienate new players.
They will not be a part of the economy of old players, of the PVP, or of anything game related in particular, since the rest of the world is at 200.
They will be in a separate world where they are just struggling with levels.

Even when old players are raising alts, with their maxed sacri and cleric, they will no longer accept newbies who will just "leech" (and I've made friends with a few 200s this way).

It kills the COMMUNITY for new players.
Get it now?

Edited by bundat, 27 February 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#122 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

My current level is 160 I believe, what does that have to do with anything? I have 8 years experience with Rose including a development role. So yes I do believe I am speaking from knowledge.

Your whole argument is based on people being ignorant... nice.

That has EVERYTHING to do with it. what i see is a low level know-it-all who doesn't know CRAP. Another "developer alex" who doesn't seem to develop anything but a mouth that shoots down anything that talks bad about the all might money grubbing Gravity.

Get to 200 (if you can now, nobody is gonna party that raider unless you reskill for dual with an aoe) get max geared. GET BORED LIKE THE REST OF US, then come in here. your opinions may change.

Edited by Sathanas, 27 February 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#123 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Nope and I've already explained why.

#124 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Then explain it again mr I understand end game content because i SAY im a developer but have never actually EXPERIENCED it first hand.

#125 bundat

bundat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

What does your level have to do with anything?
It shows you have no interest in levelling, and are thus not affected.
Thus, you could care less that people want to level fast, since you have no interest in it.

And that you don't care about the complaints of those who are truly affected, those who have an interest in levelling.
You defending the nerf makes no sense, since the nerf is about levelling, you are not affected and have no interest in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users