#26 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

No, it's not that simple. You wear the armor to reduce the element of the SKILL the mvp uses, not the element that they are. Often the mvp will use the same element that they are (ifrit uses fire attacks) but it's not always the case. Turtle General is earth, White Lady is wind, but they both use water ball. You definitely do not want to wear the element of the MVP and want to wear the element of the attack they use (water in this case).

Some MVPs use multiple elements, which make them a bit more tricky to fight.

Unfrozen fire armor is good for naght as he freezes and also uses meteor. Unfrozen Wind is only used for Kathryn Keyron monsters from what I can recall for ET, but is used for Stormy Knight and other non-ET mvps.

#27 sistars

sistars

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Locationindo
  • Server:ygg

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

for me undead was important it use if u doing mora dragon running to prevent the dragon curse stone u so in shield u still can use alice

#28 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Something like this?

GTB uses Fire ball and Magnum Break. Fire armor.
Mistress uses JP. Wind armor.
Phreeoni uses Heaven's Drive and Curses a lot. Medusa shield, and Earth armor.
Maya uses Heaven's Drive too. Earth armor.
Drake uses Water Ball. water armor.
Moonlight Flower uses Cold Bolt, Fire Bolt, and Lightening Bolt. So either, Fire/Water/Wind armor I guess.
White Lady uses Water Ball 3 and 5. Water armor.
Turtle General uses Water Ball 5 and 10. Water armor.
Samurai Specter uses two-hand quicken, power up and agi up 5. I guess I should use Shadow armor for this one.
Osiris uses Stone Curse 10, Dark Thunder. Shadow armor and Medusa shield.
Amon Ra uses Meteor Storm and Fire Pillar. Fire armor.
Pharaoh uses Dark Strike 10 and Thunderstorm 9. Shadow/Wind armor.
Evil Snake Lord uses Frost Diver and Magnum Break. Unfrozen Fire.
Doppelganger uses Two-hand Quicken and power up. Shadow armor.
Egnigem Cenia uses Two-hand Quicken and Magnum Break. Fire armor (since she's fire too) or Wind armor cause she changes elements.
Atroce uses Two-hand Quicken, Power Up and Magnum Break. Shadow/Fire armor.
Orc Hero uses Two-hand Quicken, Power Up, Earth Attack and Thunderstorm 10. Earth/Wind Armor.
Orc Lord uses Earthquake 5, Fire Bolt, Cold Bolt, Power up, Agi Up and Earth Attack. Either Neutral reduc, Earth/Fire/Water armor.
Dark Lord uses Meteor Storm, Fire Wall. Fire armor.
Baphomet uses Earthquake 5, Dark Strike 10, Lord of Vermilion 10 and Power Up. Shadow/Wind armor, Neutral reduc.
Fallen Bishop Hibram uses Shadow skills. Shadow armor.
Ifrit uses Earthquake 5, Meteor Storm, Power Up and Two-hand Quicke. Fire armor and Neutral reduc.
Valkyrie Randgris uses Two-hand Quicken, Power up, Holy Cross, Holy Attack and Earthquake 5. Holy armor and Neutral reduc.
Beelzebud uses Wide Stone Curse and also sleeps. Medusa shield and anti sleep headgear. Ghostring armor or what? Sorry, not sure about this one.
Entweihen Crothen uses Shadow Attack, Meteor Storm and Dark Strike. Fire/Shadow armor.
Naght Sieger uses Agi Up, Dark Strike, Hallucination, Meteor Storm, Storm Gust, Two-hand Quicken, Water Attack, Fire Attack, Wide Silence and Wide Freeze. Unfrozen Fire.

I may be wrong in some cases. Please, correct me if so and I'll edit it.
Thanks in advance.

P/S: I didn't put all the skills they use, just the elemental ones, and Power Up/Hallu/Agi Up because I thought it would be nice to know that so I should gear the mvp's element (not sure though, since kasshin said use their skills' elements). Correct me if wrong too, lol.

Edited by Joaco, 16 April 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#29 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Wear Wind armor vs Egnigem, her physical is more threatening than her MB. Wear Hatii if u have the choice, since freezing her mob makes the fight much easier.

You are on the money for Randgris though, Holy Valk armor + DR HBP ftw.

I am curious about Beez as well, I might try GR when I fight her next.

Edited by Havenn, 09 April 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#30 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

I didn't mean I can afford DR/GR, at least for now. But it's good to know, so if I can get one I'll try to use it agaisnt them. About Egnigem, Wind because of the Property Change, right?

#31 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

I am fairly certain she uses a wind physical attack (looks like yes, with property change - thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea lol)

it's like night and day difference wearing one...I feel like shes mostly in that property. I've only ever used wind or hatii on her

I never really looked into her spec's on the db, just kinda went with what worked for me and allowed me to kill her without death, there could very well be better options than what I suggest.

Edited by Havenn, 09 April 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#32 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Kk, so, done with Elemental Orleans. Let's talk about the accs now, I won't need phen because of the armor (unless it's kk or naght), what accs are good for bombing? (no RWC please) I was thinking on Buwaya x2, Bakonawa x2 or 1 of each. I'm guessing one of each should be good, but I'm not sure, what do you guys think/use?

#33 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • Server:Chaos ^^

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

sorry for interrupting but how do i survive longer? Im wearing variants,alice shield/thorny buckler, +9HBP(clean) and WPH with gozarian mask. But i still keep dying to the mob while trying to solo hazy forest for mora quest and dragon while my RK can just solo it with a breeze

#34 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

I normally use my accessory slots for damage reduction (KBC's).

If using accessories offensively, the ideal accessory combo depends on your stats and weapon (I can, for example, create situations where either buwaya or bakonawa is better) - use the calculator in my sig to compare various options side-by-side to figure out which is best for you.

sorry for interrupting but how do i survive longer? Im wearing variants,alice shield/thorny buckler, +9HBP(clean) and WPH with gozarian mask. But i still keep dying to the mob while trying to solo hazy forest for mora quest and dragon while my RK can just solo it with a breeze

Alice card increases damage from non-boss monsters by 40%

There are no boss monsters inside hazy forest instance. So you're taking +40% damage from everything. Even the dragon at the end is non-boss (it's an MVP, but it's not boss protocol - note how it can be status'ed and knocked back).

This is probably your problem. Use a shield that reduces rather than increases damage.

Also, card your backpack with a ray card for 20% damage reduction.

You're taking 126% of base damage instead of 42% - no wonder you're having a hard time.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 April 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#35 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Well, it's just for ET (by now).. I was thinking on buying shackles and BSB combo for the +50 ATK, it seems to be pretty good for AB damage. But that just would be temp.. But what about using two Buwaya (+7% MATK and -7% fixed cast time) or two Bakonawa (+7% ATK and +10% ASPD)? Or is it better to use one of each? (speaking of damage)

P/S: I have to post the skills, but I'm too lazy to search the info about them, they are in another thread about homun S lol. I'll try to post it as soon as I can.

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Well, it's just for ET (by now).. I was thinking on buying shackles and BSB combo for the +50 ATK, it seems to be pretty good for AB damage. But that just would be temp.. But what about using two Buwaya (+7% MATK and -7% fixed cast time) or two Bakonawa (+7% ATK and +10% ASPD)? Or is it better to use one of each? (speaking of damage)

P/S: I have to post the skills, but I'm too lazy to search the info about them, they are in another thread about homun S lol. I'll try to post it as soon as I can.

I'm not going to do the legwork of calculating it for you :-P That's why I posted a tool that does it for you:

http://drazzy.com/ca...encompare.shtml

Put your base stats and the stats from gear that you're not changing in the first column, and the stats from two sets of gear that you're considering in the other two columns. See which does more damage (note that AB damage is shown before calculating vit - hover over the numbers for AB to see it multiplied by 0.7 times the target vit, if you must)

#37 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Okay, I'll compare both accs now then. But.. the %atk and the %matk, should I calculate it by the +ATK and the +MATK? Or how?

#38 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

+1 for Joaco and DrAzzy... ^^

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Okay, I'll compare both accs now then. But.. the %atk and the %matk, should I calculate it by the +ATK and the +MATK? Or how?

There are fields for +% physical and +% magic damage effects

This includes all +% atk/matk as well as +% damage vs (race/size/ele) type effects.

Note that I don't do the multiplication for you, if you have multiple effects of different types (ex, a byeo's +50% vs boss and a bakonawa accessory's +% atk is (1.07*1.5=1.605 so +60.5%)) - mainly because it's not common to have more than one kind of modifier like that (I think the byeo is the only common example - since AS card beats +% physical cards), and there are already too damned many fields to fill in.

#40 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

I normally use my accessory slots for damage reduction (KBC's).

If using accessories offensively, the ideal accessory combo depends on your stats and weapon (I can, for example, create situations where either buwaya or bakonawa is better) - use the calculator in my sig to compare various options side-by-side to figure out which is best for you.

Alice card increases damage from non-boss monsters by 40%

There are no boss monsters inside hazy forest instance. So you're taking +40% damage from everything. Even the dragon at the end is non-boss (it's an MVP, but it's not boss protocol - note how it can be status'ed and knocked back).

This is probably your problem. Use a shield that reduces rather than increases damage.

Also, card your backpack with a ray card for 20% damage reduction.

You're taking 126% of base damage instead of 42% - no wonder you're having a hard time.

I didnt use alice shield in hazy forest because i know the dragon is not boss and the real damage comes from the mobs. Im using thorny buckler and orleans gown of ifrit when im in there

#41 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Use Valk shield over thorny

#42 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Using the poor equip I have + a +12 HF with EA4/4 it does 186,8 - 244,3k per bomb with 2 Bakonawas, and 178,7 - 235,1k with 2 Buwayas. With 1 of each it's 182,8 - 239,6k per bomb. Btw, I just remember an accs that adds both, atk and matk, it's Medal of honor (merchant, of course), it gives 5% of each, +500hp, 50 sp and +10% aspd. Using two of these it deals 186,8 - 245,3k. Being higher than 2 Bakonawas, and cheaper..
Here's a pic, I may be doing something wrong, first time I use it:
Spoiler

#43 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Use Valk shield over thorny

So will get a raydric card for my HBP and valk shield. Thanks

Using the poor equip I have + a +12 HF with EA4/4 it does 186,8 - 244,3k per bomb with 2 Bakonawas, and 178,7 - 235,1k with 2 Buwayas. With 1 of each it's 182,8 - 239,6k per bomb. Btw, I just remember an accs that adds both, atk and matk, it's Medal of honor (merchant, of course), it gives 5% of each, +500hp, 50 sp and +10% aspd. Using two of these it deals 186,8 - 245,3k. Being higher than 2 Bakonawas, and cheaper..
Here's a pic, I may be doing something wrong, first time I use it:

Spoiler

Wow a new discovery. Didnt know medal of honor do the same damage as bako for merchant. But isnt it safer if you use KB carded accesory for survival?

#44 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

Wow a new discovery. Didnt know medal of honor do the same damage as bako for merchant. But isnt it safer if you use KB carded accesory for survival?

Well, I need Azzy confirmation though, I may made something wrong lol! But yeah, if you want more survival, then get a KB accs.

Edit: michaeleeli said in his post http://forums.warppo...or-geneticists/

6) Medal of Honor still wins as accessory damage against Tattoos.

I'm guessing because it adds both, atk and matk and tattoos just add one of them each. The only difference I see is the Buwaya Tattoo giving -7% fixed cast time..

Edit2: I should test if BSB+shackles combo with a medal of honor, is better than double medal of honor. If anyone test it, please let me know :P

Edited by Joaco, 14 April 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#45 kingjoe547

kingjoe547

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Edit2: I should test if BSB+shackles combo with a medal of honor, is better than double medal of honor. If anyone test it, please let me know :P

But why you wanna give up 20% HP with variants for just 50atk?

#46 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

Because 50atk is huge when you don't need to tank. Oh, just curious a Lv 150 Dieter should give 200atk with Pyroclasic, right?

#47 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Well, I actually wouldn't but if the damage worths it, then yes lol. I don't think it does, but didn't test it yet..

#48 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

BSB was compareable to my +2int+3dex Spell3spell3 RWC pendant for Acid Bomb......BSB is much cheaper, but you get more benefits from RWC pendant and having shoes

Also just a note, I was able to get to Floor 100 of ET with just on of my 150 Genetic's (I stole thi) (Build 90str,95int,90vit,90dex,77luk) and a 150 AB (Aquamarine) with little issue at all...

Used 10 tokens all together(does not mean I only died 10x, I just ran backa few times when it wasn't worth tokening, only died to Beez once....majority of tokens were on Randgris(6) and Seyren Windsor and AllBio3Mob floors

Using for entire run:
Byeo EA 3/4
various AK helms(swapped to CoD for ESL, Bapho, Osiris (cc mvps)
BDM
+9 slotted BangyBoots(+9mdef)(firelock)
+9 Bako armor(hatii), Holy Valk armor, Unfrozen Wind
DR/Immune HBPs
Alice/Hodremlin/OgreTooth Valk shields
2xRWC Pendant spell3/3 (phen/KBC)

We got to Entwein Crothen though we took a few breaks so we only had 10 mins there, killed 2 pillars got a 3rd to about half and ran out of time

Edited by Havenn, 16 April 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#49 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I would predict an MoH would be better than bakey tat, now that I think about it. Since in most cases % physical and % magical are about the same in terms of added damage for acid bomb, and 10 > 7.

But MoH is a pain to get, though I guess only like 250m via OPBs and merry badger. I hadn't realized valor badges were in merry badger; without that option, getting MoH would be nigh impossible.

#50 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

@Havenn: That's nice, but I actually meant the damage difference between BSB combo + one MoH and double MoH :P
And yeah, if I wanna solo/dual ET I should get more resistances gear, like Azzy said at first. It's not my idea atm, I'm fine with the 6-7 party, I love sacra+ms bombing, so pro! XD
@Azzy: I was thinking the same way! 10 > 7 FTW. I have like 800++ eden merit badges on the storage though, I could get them in a few haha.

I'm gonna test the BSB thing in a few, and then post about that and the skills. I'm too lazy, but I'll do it today!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users