#101 xValak

xValak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

After using the point on Combo Training I think you're good, your stats look fine too. No worries about Crit from base stats either, most of our Crit rate comes from our equipment, anyways.

Alrighty, Thank you Klyde!

#102 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Also, in case anyone is wondering this is how the Einherjar Set (Baphomet / PvE Arena Raid Tokens) looks like:

Posted Image

This set is dyed since I couldn't stand the awful neon pink default color. Modeled by yours truly~

Edited by KIyde, 29 May 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#103 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Find it ugly... :mellow:

#104 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Awesome guide. Thumbs up! :wub: :p_idea:

#105 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

So I've been hearing conflicting information, does mark of death only increase your own damage or the whole raid's?

#106 TonberryKill

TonberryKill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

So I've been hearing conflicting information, does mark of death only increase your own damage or the whole raid's?

Neither, it increases rogue damage (for all rogues)

#107 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Neither, it increases rogue damage (for all rogues)

Thank you.

Dumb question:
So is it even worth getting if I raid, or can I use those points to max smoke bomb + dirty plan to help me in coliseum instead?

#108 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Thank you.

Dumb question:
So is it even worth getting if I raid, or can I use those points to max smoke bomb + dirty plan to help me in coliseum instead?

I personally do the latter (smoke bomb + dirty plan), because IMO mark of death sucks right now, even in raids. A couple of reasons are

1) it can miss (it can!)
2) it only increases damage for ROGUE SKILLS (usually that means just you) by 10%. That also means thief skills-- correct me if I'm wrong-- do NOT gain the 10% bonus. Only rogue skills-- or in other words, only moonlight drive.

I can't tell you how many times I get in a 1v1 with a rogue that uses it-- it always ends with me killing him and his mark of death on me like some kind of trophy.

#109 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

I personally do the latter (smoke bomb + dirty plan), because IMO mark of death sucks right now, even in raids. A couple of reasons are

1) it can miss (it can!)
2) it only increases damage for ROGUE SKILLS (usually that means just you) by 10%. That also means thief skills-- correct me if I'm wrong-- do NOT gain the 10% bonus. Only rogue skills-- or in other words, only moonlight drive.

I can't tell you how many times I get in a 1v1 with a rogue that uses it-- it always ends with me killing him and his mark of death on me like some kind of trophy.

Thanks guys

Wow, didn't know thief skills didn't work too. Time to re-spec yet again xD

Do you guys know when this was changed? I remember back in SEA people always said it worked for everyone. Was this changed in the NA version or has it always been like that and people did not realize?

#110 ccaarrll

ccaarrll

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

- I put a point into rolling cutter because of the utility to [luckily] poison a group of adds before going back to single target DPS. In PvP it is very useful to quickly reveal a class that hides on you mid or pre-combat.

Does it really work :questionmark:

#111 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

Actually, after a bit of thinking do you guys think moonlight drive is even worth it? Can't you just do deadly blow + 2 double attacks in the same amount of time for same damage except you won't be stuck standing there (bad in raids/colo)?

I'm thinking of going this build for colo/raids since Mark of Death only works for own attack and not everyone elses

http://ro2base.com/b...310238.22310238

Any opinions?

Edited by Shiris, 08 June 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#112 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Does it really work :questionmark:

I've since changed my build after experimenting with it. Rolling cutter isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but I find myself almost -never- using it. It's good to try and help AoE tag mobs, but there isn't really a situation you ever need to do that, and the majority of the time I ended up not poisoning what I hit.

My current build is this: http://www.ro2base.c...310238.22310238

I also recommend str runes over any others because it has synergy with unstable doping.

#113 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

Haha I thought I was the only one who raised Dark Illusion. I've lately maxed it along with Hide and Smoke Bomb and left Crescent Moon at 1, and so far I didn't regret it. It's really improving the chance of getting a KS when you deal ~1,7k damage with DI (that however only if it doesn't miss or for some reason doesn't proc the double damage/crit), and I can get to use it around 4 times per round, meaning 4 kills at best. Lately I really enjoy spending most of my time under Smoke Bomb, because it became almost impossible to survive, it's too many rangers, sorcs and priests and they always chase me like mad, seriously if I present them a K.O.ed first place, they would rather attack me. It's a phenomen.

Being in Smoke Bomb for the most time, I still use Hide 3. Also when I solo the 40+ dungeons for gear to dismantle, hide 3 is a relief to have, otherwise it would take ages to reach the bosses.

#114 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

Do you guys know if we can smoke bomb baphomet's blue circle thing when he puts it on us?

#115 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

in ur words kyle whats the difference in sin and rogue
(KYLE )

#116 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

in ur words kyle whats the difference in sin and rogue
(KYLE )

Klyde.

#117 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Do you guys know if we can smoke bomb baphomet's blue circle thing when he puts it on us?

Yes you can, and all of the ones in PvE arena too

#118 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Klyde.

no i meant kyle not klyde sigh people these days

#119 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

no i meant kyle not klyde sigh people these days

ok, who the-_- is kyle then.

#120 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

ok, who the-_- is kyle then.

if u dont know than thats ok i guess??

anywho he pmd me so its all good?

hmm so basicly rogue are mor survivable than sin and more skill use i think am i right

#121 9637130504052631103

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

it only increases damage for ROGUE SKILLS (usually that means just you) by 10%. That also means thief skills-- correct me if I'm wrong-- do NOT gain the 10% bonus. Only rogue skills-- or in other words, only moonlight drive.

Can anybody confirm that MoD only increase rogue skills (and not thief ones) ?

I also read on another topic that Moonlight's animation is about the same time as 2x double attacks + 1 Deadly Blow, so that would both deal 110% AP damage, but 2x double attacks would generate extra comba compare to moonlight dance + you won't get stuck during the animation.

What do you guys think about those two skills ? viable ?

#122 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yes you can, and all of the ones in PvE arena too

Thanks, good to know! ^_^

#123 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

Never tested this myself, but a lot of experienced Rogues have said it works so, I'd believe them.

Can anybody confirm that MoD only increase rogue skills (and not thief ones) ?

I also read on another topic that Moonlight's animation is about the same time as 2x double attacks + 1 Deadly Blow, so that would both deal 110% AP damage, but 2x double attacks would generate extra comba compare to moonlight dance + you won't get stuck during the animation.

What do you guys think about those two skills ? viable ?

MoD only increases Rogue skills. Also the MD theory that you mention although true, I find it most useful in Colo since, if you use it before a Wiz uses Teleport or Ranger's acrobatics, when you connect the first hit it will connect all consecutive hits even if your target is 20+ m away, gotten plenty of kills this way.

#124 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

the most thing i like about rogue is the ability to rehide in middle of battle i think that ther...... is bad ass

#125 Velouce

Velouce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Trick to move while using Moonlight Drive (or the Moonlight Walk ;) )

During the attack animation, press auto-move (push the mouse-wheel down) and forward ("W"), sometimes you need to press auto-move twice. This will make your character "glide" forward at ~1/2 moving speed and also allows you to switch directions. This is enormously useful, especially on certain Raid/ Dungeon Bosses.
And yes, it is bug abusing, but honestly, this skill is so bad already in my opinion that it really deserves getting abused.

Yes this works, I use this trick whenever possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users