Stop complaining about the Resurrection Cooldown - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Stop complaining about the Resurrection Cooldown

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

I wanted to add some things some are saying the spinel cd is 5 mins it is 9min. Also wanted to say if the res cd was gonna be 30 min at max lvl why not change the res on spot option for when you die cause if you notice when you die you have the 2 options the first one you get a timer of around 9 mins if you died you respawn after 9 mins meaning you get kicked outside. If everyone is on cd and they cant res specific ppl chances are they might get booted outside.
Also Spinels can only res yourself on death not others unless i missed something there.

#77 feed3r

feed3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

^Guardian cooldown is about 20+ minutes. My guardian boosted ress cd from the other version is 19m. The 2nd ress would need to wait for the Guardian meter to fill up but the situation at that point would more likely need the resu ASAP.

Guardian effects is shared across the party, after 10 minutes someone else can open guardian for the priest to get the effect - last I checked there's 10 guardians available in a raid.

20% vigor is quite common from COA onwards, prior to that all things that kill you is avoidable or at least people shouldn't be dying so frequently that you need 3 minutes cooldown ress.

#78 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

IMHO even 3 minute CD on Ressurection means that you are be able to use it once per battle in the most cases. IMHO it is quite possible with all spoken in this topic to reduce CD on Res to manageable Lvl of 10 minutes. It just slowdown your progress and require some more coordination and reequipping(It seems that full CoA will be needed to do AoD).

#79 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

...prior to that all things that kill you is avoidable or at least people shouldn't be dying so frequently that you need 3 minutes cooldown ress.

Like facing the Einherjars of Twilight in Normal mode without any exploits done.

#80 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

To make it short, if you ever see people like Kirito, xKiritox, Kirito-number, Asuna and the gang, let them die. Let's watch the funny scene of "Y U NO RESU"

Pun intended.

Edited by flysteps, 23 April 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#81 RoronoaLance

RoronoaLance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Odin(iRO2)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

make the cooldown into 30/24/18 min or 25/20/15 min, so people won't need to wait half hour if they mess up

#82 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

Or you can use your guardian to cut the time down by a substantial amount...

#83 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

You are also forgetting a point on guardians they have a cool down as well

#84 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

You are also forgetting that you guys could just stop complaining about it.

#85 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Quiet, you pesky beta testers (Res nerf) VS. We like happy players 'round these parts (w/ lower res cooldown)!

It must be cool to go against the flow right now, but do you want to stop it completely? You built it and they will come starting May 1... and you can be assured they are going to be annoyed by a huge res timer just like our current beta testers.

#86 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

I don't mind the long res timer, because if you fail, there's always something called taking a break before trying it again.

#87 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Let me not be the first to say that a frigging hours-long cooldown for a res is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not complaining, just stating fact. :3 Unless you are a marathoner with couple hours to spend in a hard dungeon, this is more of a 'game-breaker' than a pandora box. It isn't "a nice challenge for players~", it's just tedious and frustrating. Find another creative way to bring on a hard trial for players than to make a healer class useless. Come on, there are other ways. Think, people.

#88 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

It's not all that hard to think, it's simply adjusting the cooldown. But if you want to give blue potions some good usage, you might as well make it such that...

Ressurection has no cooldown but...

Lv 1 Res has a cast time of 5 seconds and costs you (80 - (Wisdom.basestat/max(100,Player level)))% of your max SP (while in battle)
Lv 2 Res has a cast time of 4 seconds and costs you 70... of your max SP
Lv 3 Res has a cast time of 2 seconds and costs you 50... of your max SP

If you are not in battle it will require 95, 80 and 55 respectively. Also aspersio has ZERO effect on the skill. The respective restored values will be 33, 66 and 100%.

I am just throwing ideas out there. But if you want resurrection with no CD it should cost you a hefty amount of SP. Get those blue/purple potions crafted.

#89 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

I don't mind the long res timer, because if you fail, there's always something called taking a break before trying it again.

So people should always take a 30-50 minute break per wipe on a 3-5 minute boss fight in a dungeon/raid.
Which equates to less time players spend enjoying the game and more time doing other stuff.

Posted Image

#90 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

So people should always take a 30-50 minute break per wipe on a 3-5 minute boss fight in a dungeon/raid.
Which equates to less time players spend enjoying the game and more time doing other stuff.

Posted Image

Perseverence is one of the many traits that is not practiced in MMOs nowadays.

#91 delulytric

delulytric

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

Anyway for resurrection timer analysis...

Level 1: 50mins
Level 2: 40mins
Level 3: 30mins

Average character (about 12.5% vigor)
Level 1: 43.75 mins
Level 2: 35 mins
Level 3: 26.25 mins

Average character with average 12.5% vigor with Guardian level 3 (30% vigor) = Total 42.5% vigor
Level 1: 28.75 mins
Level 2: 23 mins
Level 3: 17.25 mins

Average character " " + Pump It Up Pills (5% vigor) = Total 47.5% vigor
Level 1: 26.25 mins
Level 2: 21 mins
Level 3: 15.75 mins

Imba character setup (25% vigor, assuming AOD gears/AOD vigor craft gears) + Guardian Level 3 + Pills = Total 60% vigor
Level 1: 20 mins
Level 2: 16 mins
Level 3: 12 mins

No matter how much we try to up vigor, the resurrection timer is way far off from kRO2's 5 minutes timer for level 1 resurrection. Currently in seaRO2, my sorcerer can reach about 56% vigor if I used all of the above, unfortunately it's a level 1 resurrection.

#92 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Perseverence is one of the many traits that is not practiced in MMOs nowadays.

Because it is extremely bad for the game. People don't play games to wait for cooldowns with ridiculous timers.

Also, perseverance would imply that you're putting in extensive time to overcome a boss. You're not putting in time to the boss if you're waiting for cooldowns.

#93 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Because it is extremely bad for the game. People don't play games to wait for cooldowns with ridiculous timers.

Also, perseverance would imply that you're putting in extensive time to overcome a boss. You're not putting in time to the boss if you're waiting for cooldowns.

You're missing the point. Perseverence actually means going in knowing what constraints you have. The constraint here being the long cooldown, either you wait for it, or you go for it. Perseverence means going for it. In the end you choose.

#94 GlumshanksGirl

GlumshanksGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

That's not perseverance. Perseverance is having combat to where classes can be at their peak at any given time and still have to think about what to do when and how to go about it despite those odds. Not sitting useless on a side-line mid-battle because cool-downs are ludicrous. Face it: there's better ways of implementing ways of challenge than to punish certain classes and make them pretty useless for what they're supposed to be. Will it mean changing battle mechanics to compensate? Probably. But I've sweat during games with instant or seconds-long cooldowns, and it was much more rewarding at the end knowing I still did something during that time and use my best potential to fell a boss. That's perseverance to me. Heartpounding, long battles where I eventually triumph, where the outcome is up to how I play it, not on how the game decides I should play.

#95 Fold

Fold

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well, for certain bosses in this game you can go in with those constraints and actually succeed. It is very unlikely you'll kill any boss in CoA or above without having resses up, especially Ratmaster. There's too many instagibs in this game which do not suit those risky decisions.

Which brings my point back around again! Fix raids, not the resses. :3

Edited by Fold, 24 April 2013 - 06:44 AM.

#96 Tsujiko

Tsujiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:waiting for Ro2 launch

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Ressurection has no cooldown but...

Lv 1 Res has a cast time of 5 seconds and costs you (80 - (Wisdom.basestat/max(100,Player level)))% of your max SP (while in battle)
Lv 2 Res has a cast time of 4 seconds and costs you 70... of your max SP
Lv 3 Res has a cast time of 2 seconds and costs you 50... of your max SP

I like this idea^^ A really nice suggestion.

If we/I can't have the kRo2 cooldown, I will be happy with something like this. With Alche-pots sp regaining is not much of a deal (when you don't forget to pot regularly xD).

Anything is better than this heavy cd....
Playing for fun and as a distraction from my job, I don't want to sit around long, and wait till my cd is gone and i could use the skill again. In fact, I have no time for it. When I can play almost 3-4 hours a day, and I have to literally wait more than 40min per run, so my cd is gone, well yeah... You can imagine, I don't need to start playing in the first place.

I can somehow understand all this hardcore gamers... But can't you understand us casual gamers too? I don't find it challanging to wait for cd's, just annoying. I never met a game before, with such a ridiculous long cd on res. Most use a whole lot of sp, or need long time to cast, or an specific object.

Just my two cents.

#97 Alleggretto

Alleggretto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:47 AM

Posted Image
Fix the Raid's and the extremely long ass CD of res.
Because come on you guys...1 hour?
I kinda want to res people who died in the field sometimes.

#98 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

This thread is still going ? Can we get a lock please?

#99 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Anyway for resurrection timer analysis...

Level 1: 50mins
Level 2: 40mins
Level 3: 30mins

Average character (about 12.5% vigor)
Level 1: 43.75 mins
Level 2: 35 mins
Level 3: 26.25 mins

Average character with average 12.5% vigor with Guardian level 3 (30% vigor) = Total 42.5% vigor
Level 1: 28.75 mins
Level 2: 23 mins
Level 3: 17.25 mins

Average character " " + Pump It Up Pills (5% vigor) = Total 47.5% vigor
Level 1: 26.25 mins
Level 2: 21 mins
Level 3: 15.75 mins

Imba character setup (25% vigor, assuming AOD gears/AOD vigor craft gears) + Guardian Level 3 + Pills = Total 60% vigor
Level 1: 20 mins
Level 2: 16 mins
Level 3: 12 mins

No matter how much we try to up vigor, the resurrection timer is way far off from kRO2's 5 minutes timer for level 1 resurrection. Currently in seaRO2, my sorcerer can reach about 56% vigor if I used all of the above, unfortunately it's a level 1 resurrection.

12 minutes is actually *very* reasonable, so I'm sure what you are getting at...

#100 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

That's not perseverance. Perseverance is having combat to where classes can be at their peak at any given time and still have to think about what to do when and how to go about it despite those odds. Not sitting useless on a side-line mid-battle because cool-downs are ludicrous. Face it: there's better ways of implementing ways of challenge than to punish certain classes and make them pretty useless for what they're supposed to be. Will it mean changing battle mechanics to compensate? Probably. But I've sweat during games with instant or seconds-long cooldowns, and it was much more rewarding at the end knowing I still did something during that time and use my best potential to fell a boss. That's perseverance to me. Heartpounding, long battles where I eventually triumph, where the outcome is up to how I play it, not on how the game decides I should play.

I like how you try to equate perseverence to success. Perseverence is to endure, whether you succeed or not does not matter. There are some challenges that are just that ridiculous, but nothing stops an individual from continuously trying. There is a point to where enough is enough, however that is for you to decide and to blame it on a long cooldown is plainly immature.

Let's say that Resurrection got changed to a 5 4 3 min. cd. Would you think there is challenge should you have easily cleared all dungeons like what has happened in kRO2? There's a lot of frustration to be had with resurrections and its cd, but you have to also keep in mind that there is NO punishment to death. If you want to punish death without punishing the resurrection skill, it may be advisable to suggest well...a 20 durability decrease? I have already thrown up quite a suggestion on allowing resurrection to actually go without a CD, if you believe that is fair enough, throw it to the Q&A, or modify it to what you believe should work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users