• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#51 HydraCard

HydraCard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

yep thanks for the added info hope our posts helped a lot of people in this forums. well im off imma try and play wow 5.3 and prolly never go back to playing ro2 cheers guys.

#52 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

@Tlaltech, actually... Lv4 is 16%

#53 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

@Tlaltech, actually... Lv4 is 16%

1. like deluge is not just for healing, the +20% HP comes very handy during hard raids and of high damage AOE.

• at 4% + increase on hp at level 1, its a bit tiny compared to +20% HP.
  • try to imagine kremp doing that 7k aoe, with level 1 on 6k buffed HP, thats a sure 1 hit ko. but having +20% for 10 seconds, the party can survive the hit.
  • and with someone partnering you with a level 4 deluge, that goes up to 20%+16% total increase in HP.

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 12 May 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#54 Owlsu

Owlsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'd personally adjust the FS build in the first post from this - http://www.ro2skills...ebdnanaseFrbrA3

To this - http://www.ro2skills...naoqFdFqBrDdBrA

Due to, Soul Binding being useless in this version so it can be lowered to 1, Meditation apparently being totally useless in general so 1 for that too, Frost Diver at 1 since it doesn't work on any bosses.

Now you can use level 1 Cold Bolt or level 1 Frost Diver simply to create to freeze status effect, whilst using level 5 wind arms hit enemies with maxed out Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr spear - while still maintaining all the best healing spells and having some good offensive power.

The only real alternative to the second build there is this one - http://www.ro2skills...dnaoqFdFqBrDgA1

Using that, you get to max out Cold Bolt, Frost Diver and have Jupitel Thunder Mastery at level 2 at the expense of losing Foresight, Lord of Vermilion and Varetyr Spear.

Edited by Owlsu, 13 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#55 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

@Tlal Gee, Im sorry. >.>

In other news, I went 51/27/3 and noticed little loss in magical dmg.... though it does feel funny, I still feel really strong when I crit for a ton. I also manage to heal well still! ^^

#56 Ahrakis

Ahrakis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

So this is my first time playing a caster in 12 years. My first was a mage in Everquest... That's beside the point really, I am enjoying the Sorcerer, but I have a quick question.

What is our REAL rotation? (detailed)

Do I wait for BOTH Wind Arms AND Jupter Thunder Mastery to proc before I use Jupter Thunder? Or do I just use Cold Bolt until Wind Arms procs and cast Jupter Thunder, with Jupter Thunder Mastery just being an added bonus if it procs?

From what I've been seeing, Cold Bolt may say it's a .5 sec cast, but it's more like a full second to go through the cast and animation, and Jupter Thunder seems pretty close to 2s with the animation. I would figure it's better to just keep casting Cold Bolt until both Wind Arms and Jupter Thunder Mastery proc before I use Jupter Thunder.

Edited by Ahrakis, 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#57 TheCommander

TheCommander

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

For the stat allocations, like the 40/40/8, are those numbers the total or the bonus that I give it?

Edit: Also, I've dumped points to have 5/5 Cold Bolt. I've found it's helped in the wait before I actually hit sorcerer, but should I consider redoing my skills once I hit 25 (or at some point) and get access to some shinier toys?

Edited by TheCommander, 14 May 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#58 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

So this is my first time playing a caster in 12 years. My first was a mage in Everquest... That's beside the point really, I am enjoying the Sorcerer, but I have a quick question.

Do I wait for BOTH Wind Arms AND Jupter Thunder Mastery to proc before I use Jupter Thunder? Or do I just use Cold Bolt until Wind Arms procs and cast Jupter Thunder, with Jupter Thunder Mastery just being an added bonus if it procs?

From what I've been seeing, Cold Bolt may say it's a .5 sec cast, but it's more like a full second to go through the cast and animation, and Jupter Thunder seems pretty close to 2s with the animation. I would figure it's better to just keep casting Cold Bolt until both Wind Arms and Jupter Thunder Mastery proc before I use Jupter Thunder.

Urm well I still consider myself newbie compared to the sea players but i normally just use wind and keep JTM buff as a bonus, though if i see it on and i have a monster with a lvl 1 resist of my FD I just smack FD again then use the JTM as a advantage to do a quick JT before the FD is off.

#59 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

For the stat allocations, like the 40/40/8, are those numbers the total or the bonus that I give it?

Edit: Also, I've dumped points to have 5/5 Cold Bolt. I've found it's helped in the wait before I actually hit sorcerer, but should I consider redoing my skills once I hit 25 (or at some point) and get access to some shinier toys?

it should be that in the basic stat area command and.... some people do 5/5 CB I think, I know hydra seemed pretty fond of it so i say as far as CB goes it all depends on the player preference. I will say 5/5 Earth Seal helps a lot though so make sure you do get that. x-x

Edited by Tillis, 14 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#60 5018130511184533537

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

http://www.ro2base.c...310627.22310608

this is my hybrid build, don't mind the cards i like shiny things...

#61 Heraldry

Heraldry

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'd personally adjust the FS build in the first post from this - http://www.ro2skills...ebdnanaseFrbrA3

To this - http://www.ro2skills...naoqFdFqBrDdBrA

Due to, Soul Binding being useless in this version so it can be lowered to 1, Meditation apparently being totally useless in general so 1 for that too, Frost Diver at 1 since it doesn't work on any bosses.

Now you can use level 1 Cold Bolt or level 1 Frost Diver simply to create to freeze status effect, whilst using level 5 wind arms hit enemies with maxed out Jupitel Thunder and Varetyr spear - while still maintaining all the best healing spells and having some good offensive power.

That's the build I'm going to use as a Hybrid Sorc. I'll use a skill reset when I hit max level to sacrifice the two points I have in Frost Diver (which is needed for levelling), and that leaves me with 4 points left. I could spend those 4 points to max Healing Wave for an emphasis on healing ability, or use it to max cold bolt for better sustained dps. If you're not going to pvp, Frost Diver isn't really needed because most bosses would be immune to freeze. Normal monsters in parties would die faster than it would take to utilise a Frost Diver combo, so why not just cold bolt and proc wind arms instead?

That said, relying on RNG for dps is a risky thing, and was quite a big reason frost mages in WoW weren't viable in pve for a long time. I use this example because Sorc DPS almost mirrors the way frost mages in WoW were played (minus healing capability). I personally think it's better to emphasise damage on cold bolt so you don't gimp yourself trying to fish for procs. That also goes for JT Mastery: the extra chance for procs isn't worth the 2 vital skills points needed. But if you want to be the good guy and give your healer some relief, put the points in healing wave. I really don't see a reason not to use that build if you're going hybrid. The two points off frost diver really makes the difference.

Edited by Heraldry, 14 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#62 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

@Tlal Gee, Im sorry. >.>

In other news, I went 51/27/3 and noticed little loss in magical dmg.... though it does feel funny, I still feel really strong when I crit for a ton. I also manage to heal well still! ^^

im also sorry if ever i offended you or anyone by highlighting that reply,
but anyway is that 51 agi? well we have same agi stats and what you wrote is exactly how i feel. it does feels funny when youre bursting crits and even hilarious on x4 bursts and with that stat, you can also crit your heals specially when having earth seals up!

its nice to see someone happy doing what a sorc really does, DPS and HEAL!

For skill rotations during raids please visit my channel on youtube and see how i sorc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lizghel
im not saying follow exactly what ive been doing but learn from them. i have also some flaws so pick that up and improve them.

i use the following rotations:
A. for all the duration of the raid
LOR>DPS>LOR
B. Anticipated BIG AOE
Earth Seal>LOR>Deluge>HW/ES>LOR>Wind Seal>DPS
C. DPS(on wind seal)
LOR>CB>CB>JT>(wind seal Proc)+VS
LOR>CB>CB>JT>CB>CB(wait for WS proc)>JT>VS>LOR
LOR>CB>CB>WS proc>CB>(wait for JTM proc)>JT>VS>LOR
D. FS(on earth Seal)
LOR>HW tank/pt member>switch to target>LB>LB>JT>VS>switch to tank/pt member>LOR
LOR>HW tank/pt member>switch to target>CB CB(wait for JTM proc)> JT>LOR
E. During Mobs/Summons
LOR>FD>JT>VS>CB CB/LB LB>LOR
LOR>FD>JT>VS>switch to tank/members>HW>Rej>LOR

mix up A to E and youll do good and your party will be safe :p_love:
again if you notice, Cold bolt is only spammed 2-4x before beginning another cycle and with it those 4 points to max it for greater damage is not worth it.
you are very unlucky if your wind seal is not procuring in 5x CB spams :p_swt:

@cold bolt users
you are not doing main DPS in the raid/pt, you should do sorc :heh:
let rangers/wizzies/sins/rogues make up on your damage loss! :pif:

Edited by Tlaltecuhtli, 14 May 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#63 Ahrakis

Ahrakis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

Urm well I still consider myself newbie compared to the sea players but i normally just use wind and keep JTM buff as a bonus, though if i see it on and i have a monster with a lvl 1 resist of my FD I just smack FD again then use the JTM as a advantage to do a quick JT before the FD is off.

Well, after thinking about it, it really depends on how long the animations for Cold Bolt and JT are. When the server comes back up, I'll check into it.

#64 Ahrakis

Ahrakis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

but anyway is that 51 agi? well we have same agi stats and what you wrote is exactly how i feel. it does feels funny when youre bursting crits and even hilarious on x4 bursts and with that stat, you can also crit your heals specially when having earth seals up!

For skill rotations during raids please visit my channel on youtube and see how i sorc.
http://www.youtube.com/user/lizghel
im not saying follow exactly what ive been doing but learn from them. i have also some flaws so pick that up and improve them.

i use the following rotations:
A. for all the duration of the raid
LOR>DPS>LOR
B. Anticipated BIG AOE
Earth Seal>LOR>Deluge>HW/ES>LOR>Wind Seal>DPS
C. DPS(on wind seal)
LOR>CB>CB>JT>(wind seal Proc)+VS
LOR>CB>CB>JT>CB>CB(wait for WS proc)>JT>VS>LOR
LOR>CB>CB>WS proc>CB>(wait for JTM proc)>JT>VS>LOR
D. FS(on earth Seal)
LOR>HW tank/pt member>switch to target>LB>LB>JT>VS>switch to tank/pt member>LOR
LOR>HW tank/pt member>switch to target>CB CB(wait for JTM proc)> JT>LOR

mix up A to D and youll do good and your party will be safe :p_love:
again if you notice, Cold bolt is only spammed 2-4x before beginning another cycle and with it those 4 points to max it for greater damage is not worth it.
you are very unlucky if your wind seal is not procuring in 5x CB spams :p_swt:

@cold bolt users
you are not doing main DPS in the raid/pt, you should do sorc :heh:
let rangers/wizzies/sins/rogues make up on your damage loss! :pif:

There's no reason we can't still do both. At the same time. Yeah.

#65 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

There's no reason we can't still do both. At the same time. Yeah.

Sadly, you cant do both if you have misplaced skill points.

#66 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hehe, well thats what I loved about Sorc from the start. The fact that they aren't just one thing, they are a hybrid and being such they also have the ability to do two different roles on the fly.

Btw I wasn't really offended just I thought I upset you. :x

#67 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Well, after thinking about it, it really depends on how long the animations for Cold Bolt and JT are. When the server comes back up, I'll check into it.

Well you'd also have to take into account that later on you will have; vigor, haste and hit on your gear, these stats do make things a bit faster.

#68 Ahrakis

Ahrakis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sadly, you cant do both if you have misplaced skill points.

Best not misplace those points then :heh:

#69 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

@Tillis
<3 gotta love sorcs who knows what sorcs meant to do <3

-
vigor reduces cooldown
-
haste reduces cast time

@all
i feel sad cuz i will not continue playing on your server anymore because i cant attend colo due to time difference.
be reminded that pvp gears is way better than coa H set in terms of individual stats, but coa H is still better because of set effect.

i still hope and wish i can raid with you guys.

another thing that saddens me is that the TS isnt even replying on his thread anymore but in any case you can private message me here if you need anything to know about sorcs or anything regarding game mechanics, raid strategies or about any job/class.

Thanks.

#70 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

http://www.ro2base.c...310238.22310238
I've been running this since I hit 50, and its been serving me well in RHD's. I like the extra damage that cold bolt and frost diver max provide, and am willing to cut a little bit off of my healing side to get it. lvl 3 LoR and 4 Deluge still feel strong especially with earth seal on. I have had to deal solo when priests drop in a couple rhd's(sandstorm, temple, and secret forest) and it goes fine.

#71 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Ugh, been so busy with other stuff lately @_@

Anyway, I edited the skill builds part of the guide. It's not that major though.

Also @Tlaltecuhtli, are you that one person I think you are? lol o_o'

#72 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Also @Tlaltecuhtli, are you that one person I think you are? lol o_o'

who?

*please dont tell me you are that guy from ro2 NA raidcall*
hahahaha

#73 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

who?

*please dont tell me you are that guy from ro2 NA raidcall*
hahahaha

Nah, I don't use raidcall. Just thought you were someone else with a similar name in RO1...I may be mistaken. Not everyday you see someone with a name like that xD;

#74 Redrush

Redrush

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Can someone post a lv 25 skill build? I want to be able to support/dps in dungeon while keeping good solo pve speed.
what are the most important support/heal i need at lv 25 without losing too much dps, i noticed I can't max JT, 2/3 JT mastery, max VS, if I have to put any point into earth or water tree, so what are the recommended build for 25?

#75 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Can someone post a lv 25 skill build? I want to be able to support/dps in dungeon while keeping good solo pve speed.
what are the most important support/heal i need at lv 25 without losing too much dps, i noticed I can't max JT, 2/3 JT mastery, max VS, if I have to put any point into earth or water tree, so what are the recommended build for 25?

http://www.ro2skills...0ebdnaoqn1qBed3

You'll need at least maxed Seal of Earth and a point or two in LoR to support in dungeons. Jupitel Thunder itself should be enough to get you to maybe 2 shot normal field mobs. I dunno, it worked for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users