Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC) - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v465 - April 23 2:00 PM (-8:00 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

NamirBarades, the only thing I want to point out regarding this is that color is a factor some have to buying something. So if a color is never offered again, it may not be purchased. The whole point of the costume system is to achieve the appearance you desire.

That being said, I'm not going to argue about this anymore because we're really not getting anywhere with it, other than in circles. There are more factors that could be added to the mix, but instead I would like to move forward and towards a more productive course.
So, let's try this. Start a fresh step forward. Would you care to encourage, suggest or request something we could produce as a truly limited item for the collectors?
Let's turn this in to a process of working with us, instead of a never ending argument. I'm not against giving it a try and see how things might work out.

We have some items that are truly unique, that will never be released again. Not because they were purchased, but because they were part of an era of ROSE Online we will never see again.
Now if you'd like to see something also just as uniquely created, what would you suggest? Let's give it a try and see how it works out. I'm game. :)

I appreciate you trying to work with us now ^^. Your idea with the cape having a slightly different banding is exactly what I'm talking about. Something that distinguishes the old from the new(like the pigcart Jagz used for an example--Was different enough to keep the older players from raging, but it allowed other players have the chance to get the design..and there will still be players who will still want the original...even if its just slightly different). And yes, there are only so many colors in the rainbow, but then you can do dual colors... Light/darker shades.. Neon.. Spotted, striped...

A good item, I might not even like as much.. I might be still prone to get if its something I'll never be able to get again. Additionally, I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to pay higher prices. I know I would pay more for a costume if I knew it was going to remain unique(Kind of like paying more for the firefighter suit because it retains its bonus stats). If you want a more specific idea, I'll need a little time to think over what would be the best..Maybe I could doodle up some ideas while studying later.

The skys the limit with something like this, but maybe there could be a collectors set(chest, hat, shoes, gloves, maybe backitem) done every year(or biannual depending on your time restraints). If you wanted to stick to a single item and not a set, the chest, hat, or back item is the way to go(really who's gonna wanna collectors gloves ;) ) You could use the same base design, alter colors or edges each year. Something that says, I've played this long.. something not account bound so newer players could. Something tradeable would help keep the economy churning(although a few account bound collectors items isn't bad either..Like a hat--this might be better done if it wasn't im though..and achievable through the game). Players would either have the ability to sell it later on for a higher price, or hold onto it forever. Yeah.. certain colors would get rarer as players moved on and such, but that's part of the fun of having something to collect--a reason to farm or do Game Arena so you can make a profit and buy these elusive items. Good for you out of game, good for us in game---plus it helps make the economy move around more..because its so stagnant and yuck right now.

Edited by NamirBarades, 24 April 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#102 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ideas anyone?

Hmm, here's an idea I just came up with.
Some kind of Angel month.
The items would be this:
1st week features Big White Seraph wings, called "Risen Seraph Wings" (white, off-white interspersed with gold feathers)
2nd week features a mixture of Big White & Black Seraph wings, called "Conflicted Seraph Wings" (a mixture of the white & purple feathers, interspersed with gold & silver feathers, perhaps going in a gradient from left to right or from top to bottom)
3rd week features Big Black Seraph wings, called "Fallen Seraph Wings" (black, purple, interspersed with silver feathers)

You could advertise them like this:
Get a chance to side with angels or demons with Risen Seraph Wings or Fallen Seraph Wings, or toe the dangerous line and purchase "Conflicted Seraph Wings"
These items will only be offered for one week each, in consecutive weeks, so choose wisely. May the gods be ever in your favor.

I don't know. Something like that :P

Edited by Suns, 24 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#103 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Suns, one week period is really short for a lot of players. If we're going to do something that essentially never is released again 'as it is' I want everyone to have the opportunity that's been playing to get it.

As for the wing ideas, remember we want to have the first item be the exclusive one, not all the following variations as they are going to be the 're-releases'. Let's keep it simply for the first run and then we can consider more elaborate things.

#104 JaneAusten

JaneAusten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

What about making outfits* for the seven planets? One outfit that would represent Junon, one for Luna and so on..

Edited by JaneAusten, 24 April 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#105 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

If we're going to go through with the idea of making something truly limited, it would be as suggested, a one time offer for that specific item. If we 're-release' the item, it would be a treatment like we gave to the Pig Cart, where it would be different through color or some form of appearance, but essentially the same item. So the original keeps its rarity and exclusivity, but the item is still able to be purchased at later dates. Additionally, we'll go with the additional idea of making the item fully trade-able to begin with, as it was suggested.

Now we just need to come up with what kind of item. :)

Ideas anyone?

Yes x100. <3

#106 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

Suns, one week period is really short for a lot of players. If we're going to do something that essentially never is released again 'as it is' I want everyone to have the opportunity that's been playing to get it.

As for the wing ideas, remember we want to have the first item be the exclusive one, not all the following variations as they are going to be the 're-releases'. Let's keep it simply for the first run and then we can consider more elaborate things.

Of course the times and colors can be changed, it was just an idea meant to get the ball rolling.
You could extend those times to a month or 3 months.
Make each wing set I mentioned available for 3 months of the year. You could spread that out over 3 years.

Also, thanks for working with us and being open/receptive :]

Edited by Suns, 24 April 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#107 Thrillaz

Thrillaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationT-Dot
  • Server:Draconis/Leonis

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

You guys should make "Color Lens" where you can change the colors of characters' eyes just like the Salon/Hair Dye/Plastic Surgery Coupon.

:no1:

#108 Plantenbak

Plantenbak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

How does this event work.. cant find anything...?

#109 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

You guys should make "Color Lens" where you can change the colors of characters' eyes just like the Salon/Hair Dye/Plastic Surgery Coupon.

Not possible the way the models work in Rose. In order for this to be possible a new model of a different color would have to be created for every item that you could use the color lens on. It's the same reason why the avatars only have one skin color.

Edited by Phish, 24 April 2013 - 12:54 PM.

#110 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

XxMetalFlamexX, thank you for the reported account of things within the Crystal Defenders. I've been receiving reports regarding latency and disconnections, but its been difficult finding a trigger or common point that could be triggering it. Your account of events is more detailed and could help lead us to identifying the cause, again thank you.

Your quite welcome, glad to be of help.

If we're going to go through with the idea of making something truly limited, it would be as suggested, a one time offer for that specific item. If we 're-release' the item, it would be a treatment like we gave to the Pig Cart, where it would be different through color or some form of appearance, but essentially the same item. So the original keeps its rarity and exclusivity, but the item is still able to be purchased at later dates. Additionally, we'll go with the additional idea of making the item fully trade-able to begin with, as it was suggested.

Now we just need to come up with what kind of item. :)

Ideas anyone?

Okay here's my Idea:

Elemental Costume Set

Fire (Red And Yellow Colors)

Fiery Hair (Hat)
Fire Tunic (Chest)
Fireball Hands (Gloves)
Flame Shoes (Boots)

Wind (Green And Yellow Colors)

Windswept Hair (Hat)
Wind Tunic (Chest)
Gale Hands (Gloves)
Wind Walkers (Boots)

Water (Blue And White Color)

Frozen Hair (Hat)
Water Tunic (Chest)
Icy Hands (Gloves)
Tsunami Slippers (Boots)

Earth (Brown And Green)

Rock Hair (Hat)
Earth Tunic (Chest)
Boulder Hands (Gloves)
Stalagmite Slippers ( Shoes)

Edit: Hope you guys like it, just a random idea that came into my head.

Edited by XxMetalFlamexX, 24 April 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#111 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

How does this event work.. cant find anything...?

Collect the Lacrima from monsters and bring them to [Event Info] Felice Fete, near the fountain in Junon Polis. She'll have more information for you as well as will let you in to the Ballroom, if you have a Lacrima.

#112 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Working on brainstorming different ideas now..aka doodling and procrastinating studying. :x What about a devil/angel mixed wings(The second one on my doodle)
Posted Image

@XxMetalFlamexX sounds good..but I think that would be more suited for one of their lucky spins or something.

#113 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

With the attributes being added with Pegasus it might be more well suited for that.

#114 Suns

Suns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Working on brainstorming different ideas now..aka doodling and procrastinating studying. :x What about a devil/angel mixed wings(The second one on my doodle)
Posted Image

@XxMetalFlamexX sounds good..but I think that would be more suited for one of their lucky spins or something.

I was thinking of this too (see post above). But I instead suggested a coloration change to an already made avatar of the wings so that they wouldn't have to make new wings. But your drawings are awesome!

#115 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

I was thinking of this too (see post above). But I instead suggested a coloration change to an already made avatar of the wings so that they wouldn't have to make new wings. But your drawings are awesome!

very similar ^^ But I'm thinking half angel wings/half dragon-devil wings

#116 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

ive always wanted to have aruas costume...

and maybe a "wings" mount to be partnered with it (imagine the mount bone spider? the character looks flying but the "mount" would be invisibe)

the costume and wings will come from boxes, and theyll be 1% or 0.1% to get
yes i wouldnt mind that
:heh:

#117 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Cool ideas, I'll get with the artists and see what we can come up with. We've got something similar already in the works, so either we can put this towards that or try to come up with something more directly influenced from it.

As for the 'wing mount' its not as far away as you might think.

#118 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

i already gave leonis some ides for wings and stuff but i also are working on some other stuff i will give him when its done :)

#119 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Haha should add the winners name to the description =)

#120 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Why not making an item like those special wing tradeable only for a SHORT period? After that it will be account bound? With this, it will definitely push up ur sales as well. WIN - WIN situation.

#121 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Why not making an item like those special wing tradeable only for a SHORT period? After that it will be account bound? With this, it will definitely push up ur sales as well. WIN - WIN situation.

Last time we did that, we got a lot of cases of "I couldn't trade it in time" get reported through the Ticket System and end up bogging down the Customer Service Team with trying to assist with item relocation, after the fact. I'd hate to do that to them again. I think having it trade-able makes it a valued commodity, because it has no means to be produced again. Alterations aren't the same as the original, so it just becomes that much more valued.

#122 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Last time we did that, we got a lot of cases of "I couldn't trade it in time" get reported through the Ticket System and end up bogging down the Customer Service Team with trying to assist with item relocation, after the fact. I'd hate to do that to them again. I think having it trade-able makes it a valued commodity, because it has no means to be produced again. Alterations aren't the same as the original, so it just becomes that much more valued.

Be firmed. Don't bend the rule. Take this wing for example, it will be in Item mall for 2 weeks and tradeable. Once it is off the item mall, it will be account bound. Period. No other request will be entertained after that.
Set the right example and everyone will follow.

#123 XxMetalFlamexX

XxMetalFlamexX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

I think we need more cool looking weapons, like for looks. I mean really don't we have plenty of back items already? Maybe even some cool masks

#124 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Some ideas for rare new items
Make a new wig that looks like Mohawk.. but it is suppose to be fluffy like the afro.
BIG Teddybear Backpack
Ballerina Costume

That's all I know that looks very rare. hahaha

Edited by lala09, 24 April 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#125 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Be firmed. Don't bend the rule. Take this wing for example, it will be in Item mall for 2 weeks and tradeable. Once it is off the item mall, it will be account bound. Period. No other request will be entertained after that.
Set the right example and everyone will follow.

account bound stuff isn't that great of an idea..here and there..but meh..storage is only so big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users