Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13 - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Live Q&A On Thurs, 5/23/13

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

how hard is it to stream.. im doing so right now

#102 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

@ Are you guys goin to balance the TOKENS on raids? Completely unfair share.Sorcs,Rangers and Knights use the same YELLOW TOKEN, thats more than half of the raid members since all raids use 2 sorcs,2 rangers and 1 knight at least.

Also, i have a topic about this: http://forums.warppo...-reformulation/

Edited by ShardRaldevius, 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#103 silverhead00

silverhead00

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

who won the attendance event??

#104 ToddHoward

ToddHoward

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

#105 Wuhh

Wuhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

One entry per player per hour in that little box?

Even taking into consideration that the paper pieces are so small, that seems a bit off.

#106 Minicakex

Minicakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationChina
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

One entry per player per hour in that little box?

Even taking into consideration that the paper pieces are so small, that seems a bit off.

I feel like this was only for show. I doubt they hand wrote ever one.

It was probably done on an excel spreadsheet and then they just did that part for the video.

#107 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

guys think about it - isn't it possible a program did the drawings and they took the winners and printed them out in slips so they could have a PRESENTATION of the winners. it was FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT? jeeze, reason it out for yourselves >< Also , ppl were wasting everyones time on the Q & A - ppl just get spamming things over and over and not even realizing they had already brought up the answers for it. So I couldn't read anything and im sure it was a pain for them to have to deal with. Ugh. Grats to the winners tho, im very Jelly :>

#108 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I feel like this was only for show. I doubt they hand wrote ever one.

It was probably done on an excel spreadsheet and then they just did that part for the video.

There were over 700,000 entries.

The red box was magic.

#109 Meis

Meis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Make thread-
Ask people for questions-
Start Q&A-
Ignore thread-
GM Logic.

Work on RO2-
Not know what transcendent classes are from RO1-
GM Logic.

Mind blown GMs..Mind Blown.

EDIT: The first Q&A was very nice and well done. What happened?

Edited by Meis, 23 May 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#110 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I have two chief bits of feedback I'd like to present.

First, Twitch has a function that limits users to one post per minute, this would make the chat be decidedly less spammed and allow the more thought-out questions to be more easily found.

Second: i would highly advise Heimdallr attend all future Q&A sessions due to a combination of experience and credibility. The two staff members who hosted this one didn't feel like they had anything meaningful to contribute other than canned answers and it lead to a rather embarrassing moment where they were asked something about a system in RO1 and if it would appear in RO2. They didn't recognize the significance of the question in the least and made it quite clear they knew nothing about RO1 which doesn't lead to much in the way of good faith.

While I appreciate the efforts to keep the community informed and provide a feeling of personability between the staff and the community with these Q&A sessions, I feel as though this one did more harm than good as it felt like nothing more than a glorified War of Emperium trailer.

#111 Chimiko

Chimiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

I can hardly say it was well done :( decent at best

#112 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

God knows everything we do everyday, is perfect.

#113 Minicakex

Minicakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationChina

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

They didn't recognize the significance of the question in the least and made it quite clear they knew nothing about RO1 which doesn't lead to much in the way of good faith.

Not starting anything, but aside from lore and monster models what does RO1 have to do with RO2. The game is completely separate right? It has no relation to RO1 in terms of gameplay and features correct?

#114 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Not starting anything, but aside from lore and monster models what does RO1 have to do with RO2. The game is completely separate right? It has no relation to RO1 in terms of gameplay and features correct?

Not entirely correct, no. While they're decidedly different beasts, they do share some common ground.

That being said the point of my statement stands, that they don't feel credible due to an obvious lack of experience with the material, material that they are working with in a professional manner. I can understand if they're more familiar with the non-RO works that Warp Portal provides and they're new to this, but when we're talking about the sequel to a very popular game with over ten years of history, it's not especially inspiring when the people chosen to effectively act as PR are recognizably unfamiliar with the product's history.

#115 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Watching the stream, I wish I had an RBO wall scroll.

#116 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Watching the stream, I wish I had an RBO wall scroll.

Oh my god I need that D: I say that as someone who owns physical copies of the games, OSTs and players guide :<

Edited by ExeltusPendragon, 23 May 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#117 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Little iffy about your reluctance to add a third timezone for colosseum. I think if you're giving some people access to a third time, it doesn't really matter all too much, because there are people who don't even have access to the two times that already exist; currently there are a buttload of players who have a 2 to 0 advantage. 3 to 1 doesn't change much. If you're so worried about it, make Colo run 24 hours, but add individual player cooldowns, so people can only do it twice a day. First cooldown for 4 hours, second for 20 hours.

Edited by Scott, 23 May 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#118 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yeah I liked how all the questions from this thread were seemingly ignored, as the GMs were complaining repeatedly about the chat moving too fast for them to read... hope the questions that weren't spammed during the livestream will be addressed.
As an aside, you guys should record them for later (officially, not relying on someone watching to do it for you)
especially if you're going to have important information like contest winners there. that aren't posted anywhere else.

Though, it was fun. Gave me a chance to see what a GM looks like in game and see what makes them 'unique'.
it was also fun to dance behind you, Njoror. :p_laugh:

I'm glad to hear the DNA system (pets) could be implemented sometime late summer. Hope you guys can stick to that.
Also, loli is pronounced Low-Lee. Not as in lollipop... though I doubt you'll use the term often, I felt I should put that out there, since in Japanese it's phoneticized as Rori and all their vowel sounds are long... :wah:

Ed: saw that the first and second QA are both on twitch. Derp.

Edited by BerLeo, 23 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#119 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Maybe in addition to the live Q&A's there could be Q&A answers through text? For example, take this thread leave it open to questions for a week or two and maybe sit down with the team to write up a full answer post. It'd also give those who just cant make the live stream a chance to get their questions in.

#120 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Also, loli is pronounced Low-Lee. Not as in lollipop... though I doubt you'll use the term often, I felt I should put that out there, since in Japanese it's phoneticized as Rori and all their vowel sounds are long... :wah:

It's been Westernized to sound like lollipop. Lolita isn't a Japanese word.

#121 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

sir thats why games usually have minimun and optimal pc requeriments, if you dont want your game runs choppy, go system settings and set everything to minimum and disable shadow, sunligth and outfocusing effects

if your pc cant take it, upgrade it or play a less demanding game

Now here is a laugh. First and foremost, this game is not demanding what so ever. This would be like calling WoW highly demanding. Anyway, I have everything set to null value, I know how to work these things -_- It is the effects themselves that put the most stress on the proc/gpu. My system meets the recommended in all aside the GPU, and far exceeds the minimal reqs.

Telling people to play another game is about as dumb as a cat attempting to eat an elephant.

#122 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

You can make the most optimized game in the world, and someones pc wont run it like it should be.

This is nothing new. Hell, even consoles have problems like this. All technology in fact.

Thinking about things, is rough.

#123 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

You can make the most optimized game in the world, and someones pc wont run it like it should be.

This is nothing new. Hell, even consoles have problems like this. All technology in fact.

Thinking about things, is rough.

This is very true, but there are always ways of improving on things. If there is nothing to be improved on, then there is no longer anything to be worked or played on and the project is finished. I am not demanding anything be done, I have just stated things that would be nice to have and could help people.

#124 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

So....is this going to be posted like the first one was so those of us who were unable to attend can still see it?

Nevermind....I found it http://www.twitch.tv...tal/b/407387278 =P

Edited by Crimmeh, 23 May 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#125 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's been Westernized to sound like lollipop. Lolita isn't a Japanese word.

Westernize Russian? Okay.
http://answers.yahoo...31182940AAW8mnP
Forgive YAHOO ANSWERS but I figured the question had been asked before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users