iRO classic - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

iRO classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#51 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

The only thing RO2 has over 1 is instanced dungeons and a less traditional "grind". Everything else falls flat.

Say that to their huge playerbase...

A lot of people there actually didn't like the way renewal was setup,so they left RO1 for reasons involving that.
I can see that you don't really care for the game,but sad to say that there are numerous amounts of people interested in it.I mean,you don't see Heim posting and doing live Q&As for the status of the Classic and Renewal Servers anymore,now do you?I can already see where both Classic and Renewal are headed.

#52 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

@Campitor:

The more old content complaint mostly stems from the lack of end game maps right now. The abyss lake event accelerated a large group of players to max level, but left new players unable to catch up. The catch up issue could partially be solved by the veins and morroc updates, as thors, nameless, and dimensional gorge provide leveling areas that let players catch up to max level players.

In terms of encouraging party play, in the past, on Valk server, the most common places that my guild actually did party stuff was either stair wizard spawn in biolabs (yes, its abusable, yes people can grief, yes you can do it without a large party, but it is also a thing that a larger group of players with less equipment can do effectively) and endless tower. Endless tower is really the big party draw for end game PvM classic RO, and there are plenty of players who are at the end game with nothing to do during the week in between WoEs. Endless tower doesn't have to come out right away, but you guys have already done some similar stuff that worked really well, by which I refer to the April Fools event.

The April Fools event was actually one of the best events/custom content that you guys have ever made on iRO, it was fairly fun, it encouraged bringing a decent sized party, and it had a reward worth your time, but not really overly powerful. I would actually love to see similar content to that event implemented, and I know at least the players I play with would agree with me. A 1~2 hour long event that took a medium sized party (5~12?) that you could complete once a day, and gave a couple million exp and some consumables as a reward would certainly get people logging in on a more regular basis, and once you have people logged in, other content can keep them online.

#53 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

http://irowiki.org/c...able_EXP_Quests

Implement that. NO event turn ins that will go free and easy 99 though

#54 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

RO2s advertised on steam... That helps

Edited by Scuba, 17 May 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#55 OnMyWay

OnMyWay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:RIP Classic? =D

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Okay lets stay on topic here,

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

So far what I have taken from the thread is as follows:
1. Biolabs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

#3-Thors, nameless, biolabs area spawns, satan morroc, new world.

#4-More dungeons like Thors and better Biolabs. But i think what we really NEED is more people in the server to encourage party play. New players, not new characters made by ppl who have tons of 99s already and are just doing this to make characters for their friends who want to WOE. Right now we may even need whole guilds to join iRO classic to boost up population. Seriously just do something to entice NEW ppl to join and NOT LEAVE the server. Get new ppl to play the game...offer something that would be of interest to newcomers.. What usually happens is:
  • some new player joins the server
  • he finds a lot of maps are filled with bots and there is no one to party with
  • he's discouraged but he still tries to level, and he tries to find ppl/guild to go with. but he gets ignored because he is a "useless" 1st/2nd job with no gears
  • no one will really help him either because ppl are either too busy or they dont wanna take the risk of helping a random person with no assurance that he's gonna play for their guild during WOE.
  • he gets bored because he cant find parties and he's got no friends to play with
  • he stops playing on the server =D
Most people have 99s and no one really wants to level outside of double exp events anymore. People dont want to party up with other random ppl, and even if they did, there is simply no one else to party with! Just take a look at how alde was BEFORE and how it is NOW... before u could see people putting up chats and looking for someone else to lvl with. Now no more. T_T We have Rachel spotlight right now but are there people partying with randoms? Nope! just ppl who duo with their guildies, or solo and have an alt buffer near the door. ;)

#56 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

The April Fools event was actually one of the best events/custom content that you guys have ever made on iRO, it was fairly fun, it encouraged bringing a decent sized party, and it had a reward worth your time, but not really overly powerful. I would actually love to see similar content to that event implemented, and I know at least the players I play with would agree with me. A 1~2 hour long event that took a medium sized party (5~12?) that you could complete once a day, and gave a couple million exp and some consumables as a reward would certainly get people logging in on a more regular basis, and once you have people logged in, other content can keep them online.

Agree with this, as one of the people doing these things with Tolrin we really enjoyed the April Fools Day quest. We'd have a small group of 3-4 people that'd do it with us regularly then a bunch of people would rotate in after being interested in trying it out. It was short and had a good enough reward for people to be interested in participating and was not exploitable in any real way.

ET is basically the ultimate party content for Classic, we dont need it right this instant but that's the type of stuff people will gravitate towards. Even something like Thanatos Tower is a good example, you dont really need that many people but you do need to drag a few down to get it completed.

Guild dungeons were actually pretty good for this too, right now there's only one of the WoE1 dungeons worth using and it's fairly easy to stop a large group from leveling down there, but if the other three dungeons were brought up to respectable levels to compete with Sphinx or some of the other areas these could get regular use again.

Edited by Themes, 17 May 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#57 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

http://irowiki.org/c...able_EXP_Quests

Implement that. NO event turn ins that will go free and easy 99 though

^

#58 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Easy fixes for classic server.

Unbind gears. They do not work. Plundering gears from inactive accounts DOES NOT MATTER in the grand scheme of things.
Release TKMs. People are going to leech no matter what. TKMs are party enablers, disabling them simply makes party play not viable.
Change WoE 2 times to a better time so that more people want to/can attend. Friday night is a horrible time for a lot of people.
Implement 1-85 TI quests.
Release important updates quicker (you can stagger non-essential updates if you must).
- Important updates include Thors, Nameless, Endless Tower, Sealed Shrine

We've been saying this for about 6 months. Good job listening to us now after the WoE scene is completely dead. Nobody has any inclination to log on following the mess you have made of this server. I started this server with about 20+ friends and I'm down to almost none. I'm on holiday and I could log on if I wanted, but why the hell would I want to log onto a server managed this way?

We shouldn't have to play political lobbyist on the forums for months to get essential changes done to the server. Running the classic server should have been the easiest thing in the world. Implement everything as it was, change nothing, and people would come. Did you not get the memo that the more you customized crap, the more people left?

Implement above fixes if you want to save the server. However, judging by past experiences I don't have much faith in your ability to do so. In how many threads and how many places must we post these fixes before you listen? Do you want your server to succeed or not? It feels like the players want the server to succeed more than the company running it. And that is bloody disgusting.

Edited by Hrishi, 17 May 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#59 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Running the classic server should have been the easiest thing in the world. Implement everything as it was, change nothing, and people would come. Did you not get the memo that the more you customized crap, the more people left?

^^^^^
This. I'm baffled how they messed it up so bad.

#60 mikeseaver

mikeseaver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Perhaps could add some chain quest. Such as Sphinx , first step kill 100 Zerom &100 Drainliar , second step kill 80 &Requiem 60 Marduk , final step kill 80 Pasana& 30 Anubis.

#61 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

^^^^^
This. I'm baffled how they messed it up so bad.

so does that mean removing eden?

#62 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

so does that mean removing eden?

yes +999999

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Posted Image

I hope that answers 100% of your doubts and questions.

Irrelevant. RO2's actually redirecting players to RO1.

Would there be anyone on Steam that would even bother to play RO1?

#64 BigArt

BigArt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Its not advertised. Its just "on steam" - along with 1,971 other games.
Also its kinda funny looking at the population of RO2 on Steam - 3k, 4k, 5k, 6k --- 10k!--- 9k, 8k, 6k, 4k...... see the trend?

#65 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

I just downloaded steam like 3 days ago. And it was like the front page of f2p shop. I'd say thats not negligible in regards to its popularity. Im not surprised it spiked during launch and im not surprised its crashing. Everyone saw that coming. A flood of new players on the forums for RO2, and half of them are experiencing the disconnect between player and game devs for the first time.

lol wtf how can you say that RO2 is irrelevant to RO1 because it redirects players to RO1 anyways. Then in the same post, ask if anyone on steam would bother to play RO1? You answered your own question before you even asked it.

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

lol wtf how can you say that RO2 is irrelevant to RO1 because it redirects players to RO1 anyways. Then in the same post, ask if anyone on steam would bother to play RO1? You answered your own question before you even asked it.

I know RO2 is redirecting players to RO1 here on WarpPortal. I don't know if the same is happening on Steam because I don't play on Steam.

#67 Astelost

Astelost

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationIceland
  • Server:Poring

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

GMs pls. do something to increase the population.

GM's be like...

Posted Image

:heh: :heh:

Edited by Astelost, 17 May 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#68 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

COME TO RENEWAL SERVER !!! lots of fun friendly ppl here :p_idea:

#69 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hate to say it but Classic Ro is old. Ragnarok online 2 is new. New is popular. Not much hype or advertisemtnt for classic. Renewal servers are holding firm on their numbers for the time. There are so many other pizza sauces to choose from that classic gets unnoticed at times because of what it lacks in "flashy stuff". Renewal is somewhat popular because of the big ass number a lot of classes can deal. WoW goes from expansion to expansion without reducing the damage a character can do. People like seeing 1BILLION GODLY OWNAGE DAMAGE KILLINMONJAROLOLROFL!!!! flash over a monster/person. I don't know what iro could do to make classic popular without having custom items.

#70 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Im not interested in 3D game never been. They put great graphics over good mechanic/gameplay
Renewal server didnt add any gameplay in RO in fact it removed a lot of possibilities the game was giving, and im not interested either in the way to lvl chars there and even how to play characters. Maybe its new but thats it.

Except that yea RO is old. And GM don't really have good idea to increase the server population. While players could probably give a ton of ideas.

#71 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Okay lets stay on topic here,

What should be done to improve the server and draw players to return/join, play, and WoE?

So far what I have taken from the thread is as follows:
1. Bio-labs Spawn: Currently the issue is that the map quickly develops an uneven spawn on the map. This leads to issues where areas of the map are nearly impossible to fight in, while others are empty of monsters.

2. Account Bound Gear: This may need to be revisited and some thought put into the way it is handled if you have suggestions beyond just "Unbind everything forever." please feel free to chime in. The Goal is always to encourage players to play the game and limit the ability of other players to strip defunct accounts.

3. More of the old content: This I am unsure at what exactly is being sought. What updates in particular are you looking for? What maps or areas?

4. Encouraging Party Play: What would cause you to form parties and level and hunt?

ill say thank you for listening and hope my input can help in your choices for the upcoming updates.
1. ya the margin of error / reward is too huge a gap and if a 99 spawns on you kiss ur exp goodbye so stair spawns would be nice maybe a slight cool down 2mins seams fair .

2. some gear seams pointless like magnis cap, friccas circlet. you can high upgrade one but then no resale value also id like to point out there's a huge gap between the haves and have nots on middle slot head gears available to the woe community maybe unbind slot sunnies like they were first implemented and or put in sloting auger for elven ears not the prettiest mid slot headgear but ill take any sloted mid at this point,

3. on some of the map content i myself am looking forward to endless tower, the ability to get gr/dr from a ocas chiv2 needs to be setback to what it was about a month ago i leveled from 65 to 90 just on raydrics u cant do that now. also looking forward to nydhog /thors update to party down there.

4. well for party maps my group is looking forward for thors/endless tower , sealed shrine Beelzebub that will always be good for hilarity thats all i can i think of for now at 5 am lol

#72 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

nobody wants to, don't you get it?

Claims noone wants to fight 2ez, quite possibly the only guild during woe2 thats worth a damn in terms of comp, then complains about woe2 being dead with no comp.

#73 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Claims noone wants to fight 2ez, quite possibly the only guild during woe2 thats worth a damn in terms of comp, then complains about woe2 being dead with no comp.

"quite possibly the only guild during woe2 thats worth a damn in terms of comp"

I don't see your point since you essentially just repeated what has been said. We're all struggling to turn out 20 people. 2ez easily has 40+ every week.

#74 Gowi

Gowi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Some want to, but can't. Cause leveling on this serv is a pain in the ass.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

you're derailing the topic, if you want to know the reasons, make a new one.

Cause I'm sure the GM team need to know too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users