5/29 Early Patch Notes - Page 6 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/29 Early Patch Notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#126 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

You're mad. It's unnecessarily long. How it is OP?

#127 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

its 3 seconds its not that long... and it lets you gain all your spheres at once so you can use things like gfist...

#128 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

Which disables the sura from doing anything for 10 seconds.
And you know what lets you get all your spheres instantly and gives a ton HP and SP? Rising Dragon. Don't see a thread nerfing that!
You obviously don't play a sura. The cast time is stupid. It was fine the way it was--certainly not OP.

#129 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

The thing with Facekiller is if its a nerf to any class other then ninja its well deserved.

#130 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

im just giving people a taste of the treatment i got when i complained about the ninja nerfs.... i really dont care either way but its flipping annoying when people dismiss you and tell you youre irrational about something done to your characters isnt it?

#131 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

nothing is wrong with zen...thats how it is on kro.... it was too op before

is this true and confirmed?

i assumed it must be because it wouldnt just break itself. if this really was intended from the patch, then that means it aint ever changing. which also means people should just stop making 9000 posts about it because it wont make any difference.

#132 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

They don't normally nerf skills, and/or items, "accidentally", during maintenance :hmm:

Edited by Razzez, 01 June 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#133 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

is this true and confirmed?

i assumed it must be because it wouldnt just break itself. if this really was intended from the patch, then that means it aint ever changing. which also means people should just stop making 9000 posts about it because it wont make any difference.

It is true about the kRO thing but iRO has a custom change to it which was accidentally reverted after they patched something from kRO.They will probably revert it after patching 14.2 because 14.2 will remove all custom changes anyways.

#134 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

On Zen - 3 seconds being ridiculously long? Stop taking mind-altering drugs people. Your perception of time is F'd. Or, keeping whining about it and continuously prove yourselves to be little babies. If they fix it, cool. If not? OH WELL. Adapt or quit.

On bots - how the hell do you GMs ignore the thousands of bots that constantly plague the community? I'm sorry, but simply muting them is not enough. I made a new char the other day and saw about 50 bots farming zeny in noob training grounds. If your idea is to ignore these bots because you think they help the community with cheap prices, then you need a new staff of GMs. I, as well as hundred of others, are utterly annoyed with walking through pretty much every major town and seeing spam messages over and over. Start banning IP addresses, not just accounts. You're creating a market for people that want actual money and don't really care about the game. Not to mention the eternal radio-style "plug" that steals away potential money from your own pockets. Stop focusing on multiple ways to make money and pay attention to real in-game problems!

On coin exchange - /face palm. Though not technically a "coin", silver vines ARE essentially 'the high coin'. You can't exchange silver vines for anything higher than an A-class coin. Since you get your seagods elsewhere because they aren't even on the exchange list, there is nothing higher to exchange a silvervine for. Of course that option isn't going to show up.

I'm so sick of reading about BS. Everyone wants free handouts because theyre too lazy to do research or prepare properly, and the GM team is silent as hell about all of the important issues. Oda & Camp - I feel terribly bad for the both of you, having to deal with such a mess.

#135 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

cool your car down, br0

#136 dasein90

dasein90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Seems iRO never changed...I was just about to start playing again.

#137 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

On bots - how the hell do you GMs ignore the thousands of bots that constantly plague the community? I'm sorry, but simply muting them is not enough. I made a new char the other day and saw about 50 bots farming zeny in noob training grounds. If your idea is to ignore these bots because you think they help the community with cheap prices, then you need a new staff of GMs. I, as well as hundred of others, are utterly annoyed with walking through pretty much every major town and seeing spam messages over and over. Start banning IP addresses, not just accounts. You're creating a market for people that want actual money and don't really care about the game. Not to mention the eternal radio-style "plug" that steals away potential money from your own pockets. Stop focusing on multiple ways to make money and pay attention to real in-game problems!

They don't ignore the bots. The problem is with how they do banning. All they do is ban names. So even if they do ban someone that is botting all the person does is create another bot with another name. It's not like they aren't using multiple bots & clients in the first place. Why they aren't doing IP Bans is beyond on me since that would solve the majority of the problems. Sure there are ways around that too but it's not as simple as just creating a new character or continuing to use the existing ones they already have :p_swt:

I'm so sick of reading about BS. Everyone wants free handouts because theyre too lazy to do research or prepare properly, and the GM team is silent as hell about all of the important issues. Oda & Camp - I feel terribly bad for the both of you, having to deal with such a mess.

Then stop reading the forum and/or the posts. It's that simple.

Seems iRO never changed...I was just about to start playing again.

It's changed a lot. Especially in the past few months. You should read the Maintenance notes maybe to see the changes that have been made. The biggest change if you didn't notice was the merger of the servers. Valk, Ygg & Ymir no longer exist. They became Chaos & then Classic was created. The market has been destroyed & everything costs much less then it used to. I think you just need to take a closer look :huh:

Edited by Razzez, 01 June 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#138 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

i think he meant the community and the way the company handles things

#139 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

i think he meant the community and the way the company handles things

I try not to assume what others mean. I only go by what they say ;)

If that's the case, imo Gravity has gone downhill, in the way they are handling things. RO2 is a perfect example. Tickets are not being taken care of in a timely fashion ever since they started RO2.

I've said this many times in the past & will say it again. They focus has become, "How to make more money", rather then, "How to improve the game and take care of Customers" :p_swt:

Edited by Razzez, 01 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#140 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Why they aren't doing IP Bans is beyond on me since that would solve the majority of the problems.

You don't know if they haven't done or if they don't try that. If they ban the IP and people use a proxy or dynamic IPs (in that case you ban an IP range and thus innocent people too), then you see people coming back with their bots.

I.e. no, IP bans won't solve majority of problems.

#141 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

You don't know if they haven't done or if they don't try that. If they ban the IP and people use a proxy or dynamic IPs (in that case you ban an IP range and thus innocent people too), then you see people coming back with their bots.

I.e. no, IP bans won't solve majority of problems.

What? Was what I said that hard to understand? I said they only Ban Character Names NOT IP's like they should be doing instead. Sure people can change their IP's that's why when you do an IP Ban you use the IP Address & replace the last set of numbers with an asterisk. You don't ban a range. Those of us that have Networking experience know that. I also said it wouldn't completely solve the problem because there are ways around IP Bans too. I didn't say proxies on purpose to give people, that don't already know, ideas. I simply said that IP Bans would eliminate people from being able to continue using multiple bots, when and if one was banned, & stop them from just creating a new character.

I think it's obvious which is easier to do to create a new bot & continue using bots. I also think it's obvious the way banning should be done. Unless you are trying to say they shouldn't do any bans at all, because there is no perfect way to keep someone banned & that it's a waste of time, which makes no sense at all.

#142 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I have no problems understanding you despite your grammar and English being my third language (i.e. the language I am very bad at).

Perhaps you don't understand me, so I say it more clearly now: They have banned people's IP, they do ban people's IP, they will ban people's IP. And yet you'll still see people's bots running around. If you don't want to assume things, then stop assuming they don't ban IPs.

There are 2 different groups you are talking about like they are 1 group.

Gold Sellers = mass bots IPs blocked, emails blocked very little background checking is done. Most of us here tend to block these on site and then find what else is on the IP and block all those too. But time being what it is right now the GMs (GM = in-game patroller) are dealing with tickets rather than the in-game stuff. We are working at getting the tickets under our 72 hour "resolution" threshold so we can then move to the other game tasks.

Player Botters = Personal bots, likely played/monitored when they are logged in. These require more background checking before a block will be done. We must treat these types much more carefully as they are long term players so we have a much higher "shadow of doubt" policy regarding them. These are the ones that the reports are extremely important because they are not easily findable at various passes in the game by GMs.

#143 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:38 PM

I have no problems understanding you despite your grammar and English being my third language (i.e. the language I am very bad at).

Perhaps you don't understand me, so I say it more clearly now: They have banned people's IP, they do ban people's IP, they will ban people's IP. And yet you'll still see people's bots running around. If you don't want to assume things, then stop assuming they don't ban IPs.

There is nothing wrong with my grammar. On the other hand you were the one who just said "You don't know if they haven't done or if they don't try that.".

On top of that you are now contradicting yourself by saying that they have banned IP's, according to something you quoted from Heim, from 2 years ago. Blocking an email is pointless. I have no clue as to why they would do that. It also clearly said they were only banning gold sellers NOT bots. We were discussing BOTS.

I really don't even know why you bothered replying in the first place after I already said all this. The problem with Banning Bots is that they are just recreated. They don't have a way to permanently ban them all like I said originally. All you've done is mostly repeat what I said...

#144 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

you know just because someone sits AFK next to the investment machine for 3 hours doesn't mean they're a bot.

#145 TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

What? Was what I said that hard to understand? I said they only Ban Character Names NOT IP's like they should be doing instead. Sure people can change their IP's that's why when you do an IP Ban you use the IP Address & replace the last set of numbers with an asterisk. You don't ban a range.

That is banning a range. That's what wildcards do.

Those of us that have Networking experience know that. I also said it wouldn't completely solve the problem because there are ways around IP Bans too. I didn't say proxies on purpose to give people, that don't already know, ideas. I simply said that IP Bans would eliminate people from being able to continue using multiple bots, when and if one was banned, & stop them from just creating a new character.

I think it's obvious which is easier to do to create a new bot & continue using bots. I also think it's obvious the way banning should be done. Unless you are trying to say they shouldn't do any bans at all, because there is no perfect way to keep someone banned & that it's a waste of time, which makes no sense at all.

I've seen this done in real world situations and it always ends up catching more honest people than rule breakers. The latter is often much more practiced at getting new IPs. That last octet could represent thousands of innocent people depending on the ISP.

And Heimdallr appears to be saying they block accounts associated with the IP, not the IP itself.

Edited by TychoBrahe, 02 June 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#146 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

On the other hand you were the one who just said "You don't know if they haven't done or if they don't try that.".

Indeed. So?

On top of that you are now contradicting yourself by saying that they have banned IP's, according to something you quoted from Heim, from 2 years ago. Blocking an email is pointless. I have no clue as to why they would do that. It also clearly said they were only banning gold sellers NOT bots. We were discussing BOTS.

How am I contradicting myself? My quote says they have tried banning IPs ages ago (and probably still do it). Where do these gold sellers get their gold from? What do you think? I have a clue for you: it starts with b and ends with t. Which could be the missing letter? Once you found it, you know what Heimdallr was talking about.

I really don't even know why you bothered replying in the first place after I already said all this.

I have the same right to write a reply as you or any other forum user has. If you think I shall not reply, feel free to send a message to the forum moderation team. It's not that I am spamming the forum.
You wonder (in this maintenance thread) why they don't do IP bans and I tell you that they tried/try this.

#147 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

That is banning a range. That's what wildcards do.

I've seen this done in real world situations and it always ends up catching more honest people than rule breakers. The latter is often much more practiced at getting new IPs. That last octet could represent thousands of innocent people depending on the ISP.

And Heimdallr appears to be saying they block accounts associated with the IP, not the IP itself.

Using a wildcard for the last Octet only bans ONE persons network and/or server. It doesn't ban honest people. It would if you did the last two Octets. The last Octet though only applies to one network. If the case was a school or business server then yes more then one person could be affected but what are the chances that multiple people from the same business are going to be playing RO?

In the case of a home network in which multiple computers are used to play RO, possibly by multiple people, then yes they too would all be effected but if one if botting then chances are they are using multiple computers to also.

Incorrectly banning IP Ranges does end up blocking innocent people. I've seen people do incorrect IP bans also by doing ranges however using a wildcard for the last Octet only bans ONE Network. Not a Range of users. People can't & don't have the same Gateway unless they are using the same server. No one else has my IP Gateway but me. I can make the last Octet anything I want to. I wouldn't be able to do that if others shared the same IP range as I did.

#148 josechen

josechen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

sorry for u alaska but i have 4 video of that guy sedot boting in investment system

#149 josechen

josechen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

#150 TychoBrahe

TychoBrahe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Using a wildcard for the last Octet only bans ONE persons network and/or server.

The last octet represents hundreds of possible IPs, each of which could rotate around thousands of different customers depending on the ISP. I shared four different IPs with people in the area when I had Windstream.

Edited by TychoBrahe, 02 June 2013 - 01:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users