Regarding Founder Title Change - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding Founder Title Change

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#126 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Upon further investigation I have found some distressing news... We never meant to misrepresent the title nor the costumes. We honestly always intended these changes, and never should the title even been viewable before distribution, when I checked prior it wasn't showing up in the list. We never wanted the stats of the title to be a "bait" for participation, rather it was meant to be a something special for the thousands of players that took up that moderate challenge of getting to 30 in our opening month.
It was not meant to turn what a joyous distribution of these titles being into a community mess because information that wasn't meant to exist yet was shared unwittingly with you. But I do accept responsibility as it is our job to do the final check and make sure you are not unwittingly harmed, and to do right by you.
We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now. And the next set will have the stats more clearly labeled to expire at specific time.
The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the FOunder title.

you dont have an idea of how much hate you reduced with this

#127 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you give it the same stats as robo/goblin hunter and einherjar then it wouldnt be better than anything obtainable atm, and still would show that you were a founder.

Their excuse is, it's usable for level 1 characters. Which they changed at the last minute.

It was always their plan to pull this <>, and they've been putting off releasing this info so as to extort as much of our money as possible beforehand.

#128 xMortred

xMortred

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Is there a way the stats of the title to increase as you level up to 50? If you want to make this title so "special" to where people will actually use it even at lvl 50, why not either place a level requirement of 50 and be in par with the Goblin Leader title, or even a little bit better than that.

I mean with such a low stats, no 50's are ever going to use the title when they can benefit more from Goblin Leader title that is attainable in such ease.

#129 Xaeus

Xaeus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

@Heimdallr

That type of compromise is not going to save face. At least not as far as the Founder's title is concerned.

If the argument is to prevent an overpowered title, simply reduce the stats slightly (-2 to -4 their current value). We want to be able to have a reason to wear our founder's title, at least until we get something better at level 50.

Being concerned about the limited nature of the founder title against newer players is going to ostracize the players you already have and should be trying to keep.

#130 IRemixI

IRemixI

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

Good job killing off a game within a month ... must be record.

#131 144900375

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Well I definitely wouldn't have logged 60hrs this weekend to ensure I got founder titles for all my characters if I saw this coming...</p>

How can other players compete? It's only a competition in PVP which is only lv 25 and above for one thing, and for another thing it is extremely infrequent with all stats set to lv 50ish stats, so a 30/30/30/14/44 bonus is nothing at lv 50.</p>

#132 chunli44

chunli44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Odin

DAMN!!!, gravity.... I just deleted my low level charater So I could have it on the tittle founder account!!!!!, I want my character back, this cannot be happening! u can not give a gift to someone and then take it back!!

#133 SukiRinoa

SukiRinoa

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

"We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now."
meaning the stats are going to be removed from the outfits eventually.

#134 IRemixI

IRemixI

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Gravity the only company worse than Nexon

#135 LunareticDawn

LunareticDawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Still not acceptable in my opinion...

Why in the world did you even have the stats visible in the game to begin with?? Had the titles stats not been visible then this issue would be moot and everyone would be appreciative of getting the title.

Fact is, you f***ed up and now you're expected to come up with a fix for users that have been lied to this entire time. Trying to come up with lesser stats to make up for it is absolutely unacceptable!

This is the kind of S*** that makes players leave your game and I'm glad they do.

#136 Sakki

Sakki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

you dont have an idea of how much hate you reduced with this

Are you intentionally ignoring the "for now"?

#137 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the Founder title.

There is a REASON why it IS A LIMITED EDITION TITLE isn't it? It's supposed to be above the others for a reason.

#138 IRemixI

IRemixI

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

This makes me want Lime Odyssey more now, considering its rereleased in KR. And Aeria isnt as bad as you guys are with events and lying.. etc etc

#139 IRemixI

IRemixI

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Limited edition title that no-one will use which makes it pointless WOOOHOO... so months later when there are newer players will anyone bother showing we've been here since the start of this downhill ride? I think not..

#140 Suikoden6

Suikoden6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

keep those stats perma, since they were there right at the beginning of the game launch. Right at launch people were already spending crazy amount of real cash for those customes. All those time WP did not warn the players about expiration on the stats.'FOR NOW' will not even do, i suggest perma on those customes!!!

#141 sa10

sa10

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Heimdallr:
We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now.

"for now" doesn't really change anything.

#142 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

WP used Crappy Backpedal! It was super uneffective!

#143 Suikoden6

Suikoden6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

FYI i did not spend real cash for any customes, only for VIP.

#144 ChooChooChan

ChooChooChan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Upon further investigation I have found some distressing news... We never meant to misrepresent the title nor the costumes. We honestly always intended these changes, and never should the title even been viewable before distribution, when I checked prior it wasn't showing up in the list. We never wanted the stats of the title to be a "bait" for participation, rather it was meant to be a something special for the thousands of players that took up that moderate challenge of getting to 30 in our opening month.
It was not meant to turn what a joyous distribution of these titles being into a community mess because information that wasn't meant to exist yet was shared unwittingly with you. But I do accept responsibility as it is our job to do the final check and make sure you are not unwittingly harmed, and to do right by you.
We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now. And the next set will have the stats more clearly labeled to expire at specific time.
The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the FOunder title.

That's not true at all. The +30 to stats is not gamebreaking in the least. Most of the higher tier titles give 20+ stats already. And I thought the whole point of the title was that it was for those who worked hard within the first month (or within the event's time period) of the game's release. Of course future players who did not participate in the event won't be able to get it. The whole point of this was to reward the players who participated in the event. You want to attract future players then create a separate event for them. Don't screw over the existing ones.

#145 Rivyr

Rivyr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

hmm choices choices mabinogi, scarlet blade, ddo, neverwinter, tera went free, rift went free really damn shame was starting to enjoy this game and in 3 months RO2 ARR oh well gravity GL HF.

#146 3128130505034843787

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Remove the "for now" part and we have a deal.

#147 Xaeus

Xaeus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

http://tinyurl.com/3rosjom

I believe the community feels like this right now. (It is censored, but likely not safe for work.)

Edited by Xaeus, 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#148 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

How about worrying about retaining the players you have now, and not talking about imaginary players who are not here and don't care about the change! Leave the Founder title and the tuxedo / wedding dress costumes alone! It is NOT game breaking!

#149 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

hmm choices choices mabinogi, scarlet blade, ddo, neverwinter, tera went free, rift went free really damn shame was starting to enjoy this game and in 3 months RO2 ARR oh well gravity GL HF.

wait for blade and soul lol

#150 Illimite

Illimite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

All the more reason to play another version of this game or just another game in-general.
Thanks, WarpPortal and goodbye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users