Regarding Founder Title Change - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding Founder Title Change

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#101 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

It has been repeatedly pointed out by the community that there are other titles on the same tier and even stronger than the Founder Title. Three of them to be exact. Legendary Boss Master, Anteater, and Legendary Card Master. I don't know about you, but +30 to all of the power Stats is hardly overpowering in an end-game situation compared to early-game. It's all about the gears. The titles just give a nice boost in the end.

Exactly, when this can be remedied by just simply changing the LVL Req to use it to max level if it really mattered that much. :/

#102 3128130505034843787

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Random theory time.

Founder nerf was supposed to overshadow the costumes' nerf. Well, it clearly diverted some players' attention but alas, costumes losing their stats is still a bigger issue here.

#103 Retni

Retni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStealing your donuts.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Here's a thought:
Will you lose more paying customers by leaving the title the way it is, annoying new players in the future?
Or will you lose more paying customers by nerfing it now, alienating your entire playerbase, or at least the ones who cared about this title?

It'll be fun to find out. I'll have to check back on this game in half a year or so.

#104 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Upon further investigation I have found some distressing news... We never meant to misrepresent the title nor the costumes. We honestly always intended these changes, and never should the title even been viewable before distribution, when I checked prior it wasn't showing up in the list. We never wanted the stats of the title to be a "bait" for participation, rather it was meant to be a something special for the thousands of players that took up that moderate challenge of getting to 30 in our opening month.
It was not meant to turn what a joyous distribution of these titles being into a community mess because information that wasn't meant to exist yet was shared unwittingly with you. But I do accept responsibility as it is our job to do the final check and make sure you are not unwittingly harmed, and to do right by you.
We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now. And the next set will have the stats more clearly labeled to expire at specific time.
The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the FOunder title.

#105 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

I'd say that's a more suitable change if possible to make it unlock at Lv50 for the +30 to all Stats. Maybe make it show up as a Khara quest that is automatically completed once you get to Lv50. It is on the same tier as most Lv50 titles anyways. Others have suggested this as well. Compromise is probably beyond saving the company from a lot of rage at this point, but it's most certainly better if you guys are remaining adamant about thinking it's "too powerful."

Edited by GuardianTK, 04 June 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#106 FuzzyWuzz1

FuzzyWuzz1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

The game says 30/30/30/14/44

Posted Image

I worked my butt off for several characters over 30 and spent the entire weekend online just to make sure I would have the founder titles for all of my characters when I leveled them. I have spent a lot of money on this game already and have been looking in the khara window for the past month checking that the founder title didn't change so I would know what my goals were. If you really think its MY fault that I was able to look in the khara window at YOURE mistake. Then screw you warp portal, this is bull____ and you know it.

#107 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

It's about the same stats as a piece of gear, which is generally about what a good end-game title should be.

#108 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Random theory time.

Founder nerf was supposed to overshadow the costumes' nerf. Well, it clearly diverted some players' attention but alas, costumes losing their stats is still a bigger issue here.

This.

#109 1639130525010529463

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

This is bad news for a company.. like ea to simcity.

#110 7669130514182056517

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

you guys -_- up big time

#111 WordOnTheWind

WordOnTheWind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

For those caught up in the anger, Heimdallr had a response last page.

#112 Silvinishi

Silvinishi

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

Oh please c'mon everyone like WP didn't know they were going to do this. This isn't a mistake at all. It's all planned out. If you looked at the stats of the titles around lvl 30 you can see the "Founder" titles old stats are INSANELY over-powered. There is no way they were going to keep that c'mon now.

No this is just basically a test, a very diabolically clever test if I might add, to how the servers are going to handle a multitude of players grinding out monsters over a very long and continued period of time. A testing phase if you will to determine monster respawn rates, growth rates and community interest. Yes it is a dirty underhanded trick but hey, welcome to business in America lol! It's sad but that's the way a capitalist country runs.

Kudos to you WP! You are far more devious than I gave you credit for and that does deserve some respect.

I will however give much credit to Hiemdall for trying to diffuse this situation. Very brave stance! I commend you're bravery!

Edited by Silvinishi, 04 June 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#113 Happysnacks

Happysnacks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Upon further investigation I have found some distressing news... We never meant to misrepresent the title nor the costumes. We honestly always intended these changes, and never should the title even been viewable before distribution, when I checked prior it wasn't showing up in the list. We never wanted the stats of the title to be a "bait" for participation, rather it was meant to be a something special for the thousands of players that took up that moderate challenge of getting to 30 in our opening month.
It was not meant to turn what a joyous distribution of these titles being into a community mess because information that wasn't meant to exist yet was shared unwittingly with you. But I do accept responsibility as it is our job to do the final check and make sure you are not unwittingly harmed, and to do right by you.
We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now. And the next set will have the stats more clearly labeled to expire at specific time.
The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the FOunder title.

Considering the amount of money people spent on specifically obtaining what they thought were permanent stats on the Wedding/Tux, can we expect some sort of compensation?

As I had noted in another post, you don't need to advertise permanent stats, but you do need to advertise NON-PERMANENT stats. We don't expect the stats on our Colosseum gear to drop all of a sudden either.

#114 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Chaos

You just fudged yourself WP REALLY REALLY bad. you go through with this and your other changes YOU WILL end this game. I am prepping for private server if you do <.<

#115 DashingDreamer

DashingDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

In regards to this title debacle, if it were up to me, I'd scratch that additional event and followthrough with your word to give the title to accounts based on the number of level 30+ characters. There would be no need for nerfs because they would actually be given to people who played (ergo "Founded") the game instead of only levelling 1 char and sit in a bush somewhere in the RO2 world. It only makes sense really.

#116 xXMiakodaXx

xXMiakodaXx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

The level requirement should be 50, and seriously the title should be worth more. A level 50 character is not going to use the Founder title. It is useless and a waste, no 50 will walk around with it proudly knowing they could do better,

#117 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

No apology for basically saying we were liying and spreading rumors to each other bout what stats were labled? But furthermore if we werent supposed to see the stats in game then why tell us bout the nerf. Its not a nerf if it was just mislabled....

#118 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

<>

Gravity intentionally changed the event so anyone could get the titles so they'd have an excuse to nerf them later.

Edited by Oda, 04 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#119 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Leave the Founder title alone! Leave the Tuxedo and Wedding Dress stats alone! Make your players happy!
Posted Image

#120 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted Image

#121 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Imo you should make the titles 1-2 points better than goblin leader at the absolute least.

That said though, 30 to the stats is not bad. It's founder titles. Specific for people who were present at this games launch and subsequent months. It's supposed to be special. Not only that, but unlike other founder items associated with other games, your founder bonuses are limited. We only have a limited amount of founder titles per account. It's not unreasonable to keep the stats the way they are, but if that's not possible, then at least make them better than Goblin Leader.

Like GuardianTK said earlier, there are other titles that are better than what the founder title was listed as. It's not THAT gamebreaking in the overall.

You want to know what's going to happen in the end game when all the bosses are out? Certain guilds will get cards, and they will pass all of the cards around to their core raid members (and maybe even friends) so they all have the Legendary Card Master title.

At this point, the founder title will be completely eclipsed. Not to mention theres still 2 titles in-between founder and Legendary Card Master stat-wise.

Edited by Tkwan, 04 June 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#122 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

If you give it the same stats as robo/goblin hunter and einherjar then it wouldnt be better than anything obtainable atm, and still would show that you were a founder.

#123 FuzzyWuzz1

FuzzyWuzz1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Not good enough. You still lied to us about the title and what you need to do is give us a title that is functional at level 50 like the founder title was going to be. I don't care if you put a lvl 50 requirement on the title but your not giving us a reason to continue playing this game if you don't give us what you have been showing us for the entire month that we have been trying to get this title.

#124 Kiregean

Kiregean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

You are digging yourself a grave, you are pandering the the seething masses right now. They despise your lies and deception and yet you continue to try and pass your words on like a false prophet bringing news that the apocalypse was only an earthquake that destroyed an entire civilization and not the world itself. Saying you "never meant to misrepresent" is a load of bollocks and you know it, you had a month, over a month even to correct or hide it and did nothing. What you did was blatantly lie and then backpeddled when you were caught and now, to save your own skin, you attempt to say that you're adjusting things so as to try and avert the catastrophic damage you've already done. Remove Heimballr's name from your wretched self as you are undeserving of having any Aesir or Vanir namesake. You are a guttersnipe no better than Loki himself, all you can spin is lies and that is all that should be expected.

#125 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Please understand that we never stated the stats of the title, because it wasn't intended to be Amazing stats, it was always intended to be about +5 to all stats, and that is what it is being changed to. The fact that it is +30 to all stats is way too powerful to be considered intended or admissable in-game. If you look to the future how would anyone who starts playing ever compete with players with the founder titles with their solid edge on them, and it would invalidate ever using any khara title as well.Truly I am sorry that you interpret us setting it back to its intended value within 24 hours of putting it in, we wanted to get the titles out to you when we said we would rather than waiting until after maintenance. Consider today "bonus" stats for being patient with us.

You know... as of yesterday there was a picture of the title on the website itself, not just in the game. You can't say that you guys didn't state the stats when they were on the website for the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users