A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#76 BlossomDance

BlossomDance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:51 AM

1: 95%
2: 85%
3: 74%
4: 64%
5: 53%
6: 25.6%
7: 16.8%
8: 7.2%
9: 0.6%
10: 0.6%

Oh my god. That's about as low as Flyff's upgrade system.
You spend enough to buy a brand new car in order to maximize an equipment... I never thought any new game would follow their example... =/

#77 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

and to think last night the market was running crazy and now it has been stabilized once again. Poor people that sold their tux/wed and recruit costumes for cheap

It never hurts to be patient. In those situations it's always best to be the buyer.

#78 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS BOYS.

WEDDING DRESS AND TUXEDO WORTH 100KZ , BEST COSTUMES IN GAME :heh:

#79 Dunkare

Dunkare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

This is posted on behalf of Jay Choi,

Do not give up RO2. You are Ragnarok 2.

translate: "Please dont stop giving us money. Its really important to us." :heh:

but well, at least you realized the community needs to be kept happy to make this game survive the first year. dont do s*** like this again. please.

Edited by Dunkare, 05 June 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#80 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

Oh my god. That's about as low as Flyff's upgrade system.
You spend enough to buy a brand new car in order to maximize an equipment... I never thought any new game would follow their example... =/

Actually they follow their own example as RO1 worked this way...
People just learn to know their limits, most people will be happy with level 5 which gives half the bonus already. Some less active will be happy with level 3 while the "Elite" will aim 8.
Usually level 10 is a legend no one even tries to reach...

#81 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

for now until that op set comes out with 30% drop lol

#82 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

I see some dollar signs also.
Posted Image
KA-CHING KA-CHING!

#83 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

for now until that op set comes out with 30% drop lol

That's true, most likely be nerfed.

#84 johnlewis

johnlewis

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

is the game already up?

#85 AlphaHealer

AlphaHealer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Thank you Mr. Choi, we love you! :p_idea:

More power to RO2 NA dev team and staffs especially for those people listening to us and those who work hard to fix those bugs and glitches.
More power Mr. Choi! :thx:

#86 johnlewis

johnlewis

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Thank you Mr. Choi, we love you! :p_idea:

More power to RO2 NA dev team and staffs especially for those people listening to us and those who work hard to fix those bugs and glitches.
More power Mr. Choi! :thx:

is the game already up ???? pls reply

#87 SlickD89

SlickD89

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:14 AM

I'm already familiar of how MMO's work in general, although I understand the cash shop is for the longevity of the server - but on a serious note, there are far more important issues to deal with then simple cosmetic items, such as having actual serious patch that is catered towards the game, such as new content, balance mechanics and fixes overall.

I think it's obvious that you don't know what you're talking about, and I think it's funny that you come here with accusations and so-called knowledge about knowing how things work when you're talking to a representation of the team. Obviously the community management side of things can't fix it, they are not developers. I'm sure they would if they could, but all of these processes take time and effort. You can't "just fix a wall", you need to bring it to the attention of the developers who already probably have a huge list of things to do not including bug fixes, other updates, among others.

I don't know if you've used any money on this game, and by the way you complain you sure seem like one of those people whose only purpose is to complain about any and every possible screw-up, regardless of how small it is.

Yes, they made a mistake. But complaining again on the thread they made to apologize for the mistake they made is not only redundant, it also just completely lacks any type of decorum or respect. These people need to make money to keep things up. There are server bills and staff to pay among other things.

Next time think a little before you go off the deep end on some random forum hero crusade. They have to apologize to your rude, ridiculous comments. But I don't.

Edited by SlickD89, 05 June 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#88 5821130524091526807

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

I don't think you get it. The people who want a cosmetic want them so for sake of balance. Selling stuff that increases stats in a cash shop is NOT an example of a balanced free to play game. It's like paying to get immediately stronger than those who don't.

I don't think that you get it. People who are willing to pay for advantage always will pay for advantage. It's not for any kind of balance, deal with it. On top of it, the costumes can be sold in the Auction House... so much for your theory.

You should read up people's reactions to the nerfs to the founder title and the costumes and then come back to me with this blurb about people wanting balance.
They just want stats and them being in a costume is just added convenience. Or do you think that the costumes/hats in RO1 didn't have any stats?

Those of us who don't care about stats or just want the costumes for cosmetic sake, have no way to get them other than in the cash shop. I'm not willing to pay for something that lasts 2 weeks and stats that I don't care about.

They won't stop selling them in the shop therefore, make them available as low chance drops even if without stats. I'm catering to both sides, you're just being ignorant.

#89 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

Heim said about 30 more min to go to check some details of patches!

I appreciate all the opinions positive and negative. I know it is much better than no opinion.
We already discussed many suggestions from you with developement team and are trying to sqeeze them into update/fix schedule. Some take short time, some long. We will share the news as soon as we have it.

All the suggestions being posted here and other sections will be also discussed for sure.

At the same time, I would like to ask your patience since sudden change/fix affect original contents update schedule which we have to make decisions from time to time. We will try to put priority for more important matters so please share your thoughts on priority for fixes/changes to us too.

Thank you for spending all night and day with RO2.

Jay Choi

#90 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Can someone explain in simple 2-3 lines what the hell happand?
from all this talk alot of us folks who wasnt online for the past 6 hours are getting confused.
Thanks alot to whoever will do me this favor or post a link that will help everybody understand
peace

p.s. a solid reply from mr.choi :)

Edited by 701130514115257950, 05 June 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#91 SlickD89

SlickD89

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Heim said about 30 more min to go to check some details of patches!

I appreciate all the opinions positive and negative. I know it is much better than no opinion.
We already discussed many suggestions from you with developement team and are trying to sqeeze them into update/fix schedule. Some take short time, some long. We will share the news as soon as we have it.

All the suggestions being posted here and other sections will be also discussed for sure.

At the same time, I would like to ask your patience since sudden change/fix affect original contents update schedule which we have to make decisions from time to time. We will try to put priority for more important matters so please share your thoughts on priority for fixes/changes to us too.

Thank you for spending all night and day with RO2.

Jay Choi

Awesome, that's good to hear. I have no real complaints, I mean I just joined the game but you guys at least seem sensible and professional in almost every regard. Mistakes are made in MMO decisions, I know this from experience. The only thing you can do is try to fix it as best as you can and move on.

#92 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

TL;DR version:

1: WP announces patch notes for 6/5, nerfs the Founder title to +5/+8, no Int, and removes stats from the tux and wedding ouftits.
2: The gates of hell are opened, and cataclysmic fire engulfs the forums.
3: The COO of Gravity issues a personal apology.
4: Heimdallr announces the new plan: the Founder title will keep its original stats (but the item to get it will be restricted to 40+), and the tuxgown will retain their stats and be permanent.
5: Some people are happy with the compromise, some arent, more threads get made.
6: ???
7: Posting!

DELICIOUS, SHINY SHICA EDIT:

The problem stemmed from the fact that a) the Founder title (with its boosted stats) was visible on the in-game khara, and B) the tuxgowns weren't properly marked timed, rather than permanent, which led people to believe they'd be able to keep both with their current stats.

Edited by Yurishica, 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#93 701130514115257950

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

TL;DR version:

1: WP announces patch notes for 6/5, nerfs the Founder title to +5/+8, no Int, and removes stats from the tux and wedding ouftits.
2: The gates of hell are opened, and cataclysmic fire engulfs the forums.
3: The COO of Gravity issues a personal apology.
4: Heimdallr announces the new plan: the Founder title will keep its original stats (but the item to get it will be restricted to 40+), and the tuxgown will retain their stats and be permanent.
5: Some people are happy with the compromise, some arent, more threads get made.
6: ???
7: Posting!

Cheers!^

#94 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

6. Circle of hatred continues, rollback is being demanded by unhappy players that jumped the gun to sell all their stuff.

#95 uLewl

uLewl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thanks :) heres what i suggest after maintenance maintain those stats in the tuxedo that been out before it .. then just implement the removal of the stats to those newly acquired tuxedo that we will be able to get after the maintenance

#96 Sanzei

Sanzei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Understand your frustration. We can't guarantee nothing on the delivery from the development studio but still can do our best to convey fans opinion to studio.
We will do the same thing for RO for sure. RO has more different versions one studio has to support. Toughter to make changes based on suggestions compare to RO2 but let us keep trying, Englishtealite.

Jay Choi

Wanna know how to actually make it up to the community? And how to make this game prosper for your company? It's really easy.
Fire your current development team for RO2, implement the patches that kRO has that works(without all the -_-ty bugs like dungeon finder and bugged encounters in PvE & Baphomet), and let it prosper while hiring a new deve team.

I hope you do realise that things like this puts your entire company at risk, soon enough ppl will actually hear of Warpportal and their terrible service and just not bother with your games, for example if I knew stuff like this would even have a chance of happening then I wouldn't have picked it up or even used the kafra shop to support you from the start.

A single apology written on the forums does nothing to calm the storm, only the naive players will actually let you away with that.

#97 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Sanzei, from someone working in the video games industry, i have only very bad words for you.
You want to put out of job dozens of people who most likely work 80+ hours per week for low wage.
:hmm:

#98 SlickD89

SlickD89

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Wanna know how to actually make it up to the community? And how to make this game prosper for your company? It's really easy.
Fire your current development team for RO2, implement the patches that kRO has that works(without all the -_-ty bugs like dungeon finder and bugged encounters in PvE & Baphomet), and let it prosper while hiring a new deve team.

Wow you are in your own delusional, broken, idiot world aren't you?

#99 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

People you sure do get your jimmies rustled alot TEH SIMPLENESS!

#100 LegendsEnd

LegendsEnd

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Kind of lame the Tux/Wedding Dress is permament only for those who have it now. Would much rather the stats be retained and then converted to a timed item.

This is the exact same issue as with the Founder title. If you're going to nerf it to only +12 to all stats because "owning it would invalidate all future titles", then owning a Permament +10All costume would invalidate all future costumes.

Edited by LegendsEnd, 05 June 2013 - 08:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users