A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#26 AssassinKai

AssassinKai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

We are glad that you replies that all that matters. A CEO is replying and apologizing to us we should be happy cause that shows his actions cares for the gamers. Just dont follow ASIASOFT aka SEARO 2 path.....

#27 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

We are glad that you replies that all that matters. A CEO is replying and apologizing to us we should be happy cause that shows his actions cares for the gamers. Just dont follow ASIASOFT aka SEARO 2 path.....

All Businesses make mistakes~ No ones perfect, it's just the way the money flows :3 (and popularity)

#28 Kuugenthefox

Kuugenthefox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Suggestions that will surely be implemented, just like the bugs that exist will be fixed.
oh wow, who am I kidding.
щ(ಥДಥщ)

#29 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Chuck Norris Approuved

Posted Image

#30 Despress

Despress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Do not give up? Want more Money? Well , if this happens again i am sure 70% players will be gone O_O

#31 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

A suggestion to help move forward in the right direction...

Bug/Glitch fixes should be the major focus for now. This in addition to Colosseum issues... The loot bug where hitting "R" and a corpse fails to give any loot would earn some serious brownie points for Gravity/WP with the players.

Past that New content (I'd love to see rebirth).

The costumes and Kafra stuff are best timed around holidays for release, since that's when people usually have a few bucks burning a hole in their pocket and some time to jump in game to show off their flashy new digs.

#32 ktbanh

ktbanh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Items like Tuxedo, Wedding dress, VIP pass, etc, I consider pay to win.

If this game drifts towards the pay to win state, i'll probably pass up and not look back.

I like the idea of cosmetics to add unique feel, customization purely for eye candy and it helps support the developers and create a healthy community.

Stat items will gradually make players if not most aim for that state thus results in pay to win.

As you can see, the fiasco is already caused by purely cash items from what i've read with the basis of stats.

Once again, just a note and hopefully be read in good will, do not jump the cliff and make this into pay to win.

This game is young in its current state and can path to something fun and lively opposed to pure market, milk, let run, die.

#33 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Hm..

Posted Image

#34 2599130505195244383

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

Now fix the freaking Assassin Creed Conceal Quest Glitch in Maple Forest please and remove all Conceal Scroll because there are too much circulating in the market.

#35 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

All I ask for in life is that you fix the freakin dungeon/channel changing crash issues that have existed since the beginning of SEA until now.

#36 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

As you can see, the fiasco is already caused by purely cash items from what i've read with the basis of stats.

While kafra shop items certainly played a role, the primary cause for this firestorm was this patch tried to take away players' hard work (whether intentionally or otherwise). The money that players paid to Gravity/WP to buy those costumes? I'm sure that money came from honest hard work. The time and effort players spent to get characters to level 30 and then sit on the server for 60 more hours to get the Founder titles? That's time and effort that might've been needed elsewhere.

The community rose up in anger because for a moment it looked like we were not going to get what was advertised to us, and I believe the community's backlash to the patch was justified.

The important thing here is that Gravity and WarpPortal admitted to making a mistake, redacted/accordingly adjusted the offending parts of the patch, and apologized for causing this commotion and betraying customers' trust. I personally felt that this apology is indeed a sincere one, so I'm willing to give one more chance to see if this ship can indeed find its way; if not, well... I'll deal with that if the time comes.

#37 Animus87

Animus87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Mr. Choi,

How about consider making Wedding Dress/Tuxedo available more easily? I understand there is a Wedding box that gives access to these easily.
You still have an issue here where these costumes imbalance the game. I did see the need to nerf the costumes and your company did state anything can be nerfed. We'd react the same way if there was a class nerf.
Would we also not react the same way if there becomes available more powerful permanent costumes? What if the Alibaba costume were to become permanent? Does that not automatically devalue the Wedding Dress/Tuxedo?

I've suggested numerous times to get rid of the lottery cash shop with a more direct one. Players will still have to pay money to buy powerful costumes, but it becomes more easily accessible and your company would probably make more money.

#38 AnjelSyndicate

AnjelSyndicate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yes, it is only the first step and long way to go. I also know that we can't recover the trust you lost but we will do our best to build it again!

-Jay Choi

Having been part of the staff on the other side of this conversation with past companies I worked for, and now on this side as part of the game's community I certainly appreciate the sentiments being relayed and I also understand having seen the kinds of struggles that can take place between publishers and developers first hand. I look forward to what is to come and hope events such as this become history rather than an annual distraction.

#39 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Mr. Choi,

How about consider making Wedding Dress/Tuxedo available more easily? I understand there is a Wedding box that gives access to these easily.
You still have an issue here where these costumes imbalance the game. I did see the need to nerf the costumes and your company did state anything can be nerfed. We'd react the same way if there was a class nerf.
Would we also not react the same way if there becomes available more powerful permanent costumes? What if the Alibaba costume were to become permanent? Does that not automatically devalue the Wedding Dress/Tuxedo?

I've suggested numerous times to get rid of the lottery cash shop with a more direct one. Players will still have to pay money to buy powerful costumes, but it becomes more easily accessible and your company would probably make more money.

Well noted Animus87,

Development team in general gets pressure for the quick revenue generating things like random boxes to recoupe the development cost. Once again, it is the publisher's role to let them hear your voice clear eoungh to relize what is best for longevity of game. We will continue our discussion with studio including your suggestion to make changes.

Thank you.
Jay Choi

#40 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I will not lie. I'm impressed to hear about this, and typically I can be cynical since I've seen some poor decision making now n then, maaybe I shouldn't give up hope as well.

Just be sure to clean up the bugs and balance out Colosseum in the future and I'll be a happy player.

(Oh and do make planned announcements ahead of time regarding changes, I as much as many other players in the community hate seeing sudden "ninja" changes being made without any sort of notes on it in retrospect)

Edited by Senkasa, 05 June 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#41 RUN3CR0W

RUN3CR0W

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I applaud that you all took notice, listened, and owned up to an error. As far as the title issue is concerned, I can see that the title is a bit overpowered and understand the initial reasons for wanting to nerf it (though I thought the amount of the nerf was extreme). Perhaps you'll just have to buff some of the higher level titles a bit to at least be on par with "Founder".

I also agree with the person who said to stay away from "pay 2 win" as much as possible. I think mounts, cosmetic items, and possibly even things like XP boosts are fine.

I am having fun playing this game and actually haven't been this hooked and eager to play an MMO in quite some time. (I only hope the spawn rates, particularly on aggressive mobs, eventually are increased to at least one minute. Instant and ten second spawn rates are a bit much). :)

#42 SwiftEdge

SwiftEdge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

Well noted Animus87,

Development team in general gets pressure for the quick revenue generating things like random boxes to recoupe the development cost. Once again, it is the publisher's role to let them hear your voice clear eoungh to relize what is best for longevity of game. We will continue our discussion with studio including your suggestion to make changes.

Thank you.
Jay Choi

Mr. Choi,

How about some costumes with a low drop percent chance from either raid or dungeon bosses? Like a costume from Baphomet or from Arena. Something to encourage people to continue doing content they've already done and adding replay value. As it stands right now, once new raid content comes out, people with gear will ignore old content.

Also, please have them fix the dungeon/change channel crashing, this bug has been making my life miserable since day one.

#43 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Actually, one more thing now that I think about it. Would it be possible to post patch notes on the main page (under updates, maybe?) either before or after the patching happened?

I suspect, but can't prove, that at least some of this came from people just finding out secondhand from other people in public instead of being able to easily see what was going on.

(and yes, I mean 'easily' as in 'one click instead of three'; it's more a matter that most of the community probably doesn't frequent the forums.)

#44 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Mr. Choi,

How about some costumes with a low drop percent chance from either raid or dungeon bosses? Like a costume from Baphomet or from Arena. Something to encourage people to continue doing content they've already done and adding replay value. As it stands right now, once new raid content comes out, people with gear will ignore old content.

Also, please have them fix the dungeon/change channel crashing, this bug has been making my life miserable since day one.

SwiftEdge,

Dungeon/Channel issue was one of the top priority fixes we discussed with dev team today.
We will try to get the ETA on that. Also I will discuss costume drop idea too.
Thank you.

Jay Choi

#45 DashingDreamer

DashingDreamer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

It takes balls to actually stand up and apologize to the community after a mishap like this. Even though mostly everyone had raging hostility, the management handled it well. Thank you for the resolution and compromises. It may be hard to be answering to both the developers and the community.

Just please be careful not to do anything big hastily and things that may look shady. Not everyone will be pleased. Thanks again!

#46 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'd like to see some special mounts dropping with a really low droprate from raidbosses, to keep the farming up, but costumes is an option too ^^

So Alibaba Costume has an expire date, which means, in case we dont upgrade the duration, wedding/tux remains the "best" statwise?

#47 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:45 AM

Mr Choi,

This is the most pressing question that has yet to be addressed:
Will there be a rollback in the next day or two to restore the game's economy or are you intending for the economy to stay as it is right now?
I believe a rollback would bring back the confidence of many cash shop users in this game who acted on the original patch notes posted by your staff.

Thank you for your time if you do choose to respond to this.

#48 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Mr Choi,

This is the most pressing question that has yet to be addressed:
Will there be a rollback in the next day or two to restore the game's economy or are you intending for the economy to stay as it is right now?
I believe a rollback would bring back the confidence of many cash shop users in this game who acted on the original patch notes posted by your staff.

Thank you for your time if you do choose to respond to this.

And punish all the other players, who havent been affected with this dress/tux issue just so the cash shop users are happy happ joy joy again? It would be just ridiculous if this would happen actually...

#49 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Mr. Choi,

I want to second this. One of the reasons people loved RO1 so much was the headgear you could get. Superficial as they could be hunting a monster for its rare drop or grinding for 1000 spores was what people loved to do. I understand that having the cosmetic items people want in the cash shop is a huge revenue thing for you guys, but it isn't like if rare drop/grindable headgears were added people would stop buying from the shop.

Also thank you for actually talking with us Mr Choi! It's much appreciated in these hard times!

#50 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

the rollback would of been the only fair thing to do, i made zeny out of it, its not in my interest, but for the longevity of the server its the right thing to roll back, and they should of done it sooner rather than later

i believe i said this quite early on, and if you dont give a damn about the server because of a little personal gain shame on you :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users