A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#51 6873130523221128927

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Well noted Animus87,

Development team in general gets pressure for the quick revenue generating things like random boxes to recoupe the development cost. Once again, it is the publisher's role to let them hear your voice clear eoungh to relize what is best for longevity of game. We will continue our discussion with studio including your suggestion to make changes.

Thank you.
Jay Choi

Mr. Choi,

I thank and applaud you for having the manticular appendages to address this particular problem openly without address to the developer.

I know that I, and I'm beginning to see, quite a large number of people are leaning toward the camp that the current marketing model that this game is headed down is going to kill any chance this game has at staying power. We cannot stress this enough. Please do not simply offer us lip service here. We are the community. We know what we want. We don't want stat boosts that cost real money. We want a viable game that can be played for free in addition to paid services that will allow us to support the game using a method that doesn't quicken the death of it.

I'm sure you may have discussed this at some point, but simply cheapening the cost of the items, or making them non-random isn't going to fix the item mall issue. We need a proper account-based subscription model that has non-balance-affecting benefits. As it stands now, we're dangerously close to the point of no return, and the longer we have the current profit-model, the harder it is going to be to change it back without massive backlash.

I'd be more than happy to pay a $15 a month subscription to have access to shared storage space between my characters, access to the 80-slot character bank across all characters (I'm sorry, but $60 a character is outrageous!), as well as access to rested experience bonuses or even bonus movement speed on mounts (by definition, not balance affecting as mounts can only be used out of combat). The increased 10% HP/SP really doesn't interest me, and the additional items thrown out feel like free samples intended to get me hooked on spending money, rather than a real benefit for my money.

I want to demonstrate something to you though, that makes this item mall aggrivate me more than anything else.

I'm a numbers guy. I like to crunch the odds of things, and come out with reasonable results for things. I'd like to run you through the thing that ruined the item mall for me. It was running the numbers looking at whether I'd be able to upgrade a set of gear to +10 at endgame.

1) Karnium can be purchased in the item mall. It has a fair chance to drop.

2) Items can be refined up to +10

3) Purples break unless you use Karnium.

The cumulative chance to upgrade an item to level 10:

(Example is the Dolorous Heroic Long Sword)

1: 95%
2: 85%
3: 74%
4: 64%
5: 53%
6: 25.6%
7: 16.8%
8: 7.2%
9: 0.6%
10: 0.6%

A player without any Karnium would need to grind out 442,573 +/- 50% of these items to upgrade it to plus 10 on average.

The total vendor value of those items would be 931,600 Zeny.
You would need on average, 13 Oridecon per item.
That's over 5,750,000 +/- 50% Oridecon,
Which carries a value of 828,500 Zeny.
Assuming 30 minutes per weapon, and 1 minute per Oridecon (generous), this would require a total of 317,120 hours of game time. That's 13,213 days. That's 1887 Weeks. That's ~440 months. That's 36 years (including leap days!). And we're not even figuring in time to sleep, eat, or anything else.

If a player were to use Karnium, his chances would increase from 1 in 442,573 to 1 in 14,578. (all +/- 50%)

1: 100%
2: 97%
3: 87%
4: 76%
5: 66%
6: 38.8%
7: 30%
8: 21.2%
9: 13.2%
10: 10.6%

This means, in order to pull it off, he'd need only one item (as, to my understanding, the item will never break with Karnium)
He'd need a larger average oridecon per attempt, however, resting at 33 per attempt.
That's a whopping 481,074 oridecon at a total value of 69,274 Zeny

With the need to only get the item once, that's 30 minutes + 481,074 minutes, plus, we'll convert the value of Karnium into zenny. (Let's say 100z each?)

That's about 1.4 million zeny worth of Karnium, and 334 days of farming.

Now, at an average of 6 Zeny per item, both will also cost even more. 2.4 million without karnite, and approximately 87,468z with karnite.

On the one hand, we can spend 36 years trying to get a chance at a single +10 purple, or we can spend 334 days and several million Zeny to get one.

Obviously neither of these are attainable, but what, if I may ask, is the point of this system? If it's completely and utterly pointless to go up to level 10, if it's borderline impossible to do so, why even have it in the game other than to frustrate, annoy, and alienate your playerbase?

You don't stack your deck against your players like this and expect them to pay you for it.

If anything, crunching these numbers has made me vow to never spend money on this game at all, and see how far I can get on raw skill alone. The fact that I can do something in this game with a 1 in 450K chance of success, or i can choose to increase those odds to 1 in 15K makes this particular problem a no-brainer: "If you can only lose: Don't play."

Perhaps your publishers are just a little bit more than out of touch with the community, and they need to start actually listening before they don't have the ability to recuperate their costs.

#52 Animus87

Animus87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

It's probably going to be a bit of work to make a subscription based service but they'd have to start a subscription based server which is separated from the free to play server. Many of the items are based around a free to play server.

#53 6579130520080037927

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Jay Choi, I would like to thank you for doing what is not done that often. Thank you for actually reaching out to the community instead of just acting like nothing happened. As you can see im sure, many RO2 fans greatly appreciate it.

I myself would just like to point out another f2p game called League of Legends. I know its a different type of game, but the way their shop is set up its not Pay2Win. The things that people pay for are cosmetics that are permanent and do not give any type of advantage. I myself have dropped alot of money into that game, not only for the cosmetics but because like you guys are Listening to your community. I believe that you see where im going with this and will not waste anymore time.

Once more thank you very much for your dedication to your fans!

#54 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

Well... Actions taken, apologies accepted.
Just hope that there will not be a next time for this chaos to happen again.

#55 MarshallCross

MarshallCross

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:51 AM

Mr. Choi

Since lots of people are complaining how "Founder" Title is over powered, Why not make it Level 50 Equip-able? Or level 45, I just checked it earlier and was surprised that even Level 1 can use them. I think these isn't a bad thing instead of Nerfing them. These is the only suggestion I can give. And if the Devs already found a solution to these, well You can just ignore me.

#56 Dissemblance

Dissemblance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

they already decided to make it equipable lv40+

#57 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

Marshall, they were changed so that the potion that granted them can only be used at level 40.

#58 MarshallCross

MarshallCross

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

they already decided to make it equipable lv40+

Marshall, they were changed so that the potion that granted them can only be used at level 40.

Oh My God, then its a good news. So no nerfs will come upon us in the future? Well Sorry if I didn't know these, since I'm doing some "Ninja Moves" visiting the forums while working, so I don't have the time to look and search the entire forums.

#59 EmlioR

EmlioR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:17 AM

What happens?? =/ Rollback?.

#60 kerida

kerida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

Appreciate that you guys admitted you made a mistake but I'm still disappointed that it was made. What happened in between RO1 and RO2? I know there's lots of new faces and devs (judging from the Q&A where they had no idea what transcendent classes were..) but some of you have been around forever.

There's the excuses that this is a learning process, but there was SEA before this and KRO2 before that and RO1 before all of that. There's a lot of experience, both with the community and with RO's cash shop model. I remember when the kafra shop first came out on iRO and it didn't seem to run into as many problems or community resistance as we've had with RO2's kafra shop items. The problems came later on, of course, as RO1's cash shop got more and more pay2win, but it seems like you're hellbent on hitting up all those issues right away in RO2 and that worries me.

Like many people, the increasing presence of cash shop items was what turned me away from RO1 and we had plenty of doubts and distrust for RO2 going down the same path and there's not much being done to assuage those doubts. Seems like the elephant in the room is that no one, neither the community nor the vocal devs, like the idea of a pay to win game, but that's likely where we're going and there's nothing anyone can do about it. And after bleeding the game dry of money and loyal players, Warp Portal and Gravity will eventually move on to a new game.

Do the people in charge actually care about the future longevity of this game?

#61 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

great post kerida :)
id like to see them answer it with actions not more words
but it deserves a response all the same

#62 CodeBlue92

CodeBlue92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Good enough for me

#63 5821130524091526807

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

Mr. Jay Choi

Please consider making the hats and costumes a low drop rate like in RO1. I would propose this:

- Hats being a low drop chance from monsters (no stats, can't make holes)
- Costumes being a low drop chance from mini-bosses (no stats, can't make holes)
- MVP's have a very low chance to drop a hat and/or costume with a token stat (let's say +1 to stats, not more and can't make holes)
- Make these drops unbound and able to be traded/sold among players.

At the same time, keep the cash shop hats/costumes with stats and being able to be drilled as you have until now. That way, you would cater both sides.
Those who just want a cosmetic would have a reason to actually kill monsters instead of just rushing through quests and those who want the extra stat edge, can still get them from the shop and sell them on the Auction House if they so wish. It would be a win-win situation.

Edited by 5821130524091526807, 05 June 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#64 Rozelle

Rozelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

I just want to say that I know it's hard to keep everyone happy. Impossible, even. And the staff on this game knows that, but they continue to try. It's an exercise in near-futility in some ways.

You guys are human. You make mistakes and have to live with them, while at the same time trying to correct them.

I appreciate everything you guys do. Keep up the good work.

#65 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

OKay as much as i respect the effort in the "apology" This seems to be a OMFG WERE GONNA LOSE MILLIONS by the staff.

Now at the same time they have always been in game and have done there best so i might be reading to much into things but still.......

I still look forward to playing and i wish the game would last a long time i just hope this doesn't happen again as i'd hate to see my favorite game die.

Thank you for the apology regardless VERY few companies would own up and admit there mistake.

LONG LIVE RAGNAROK ONLINE 2 LEGEND OF THE SECOND

Edited by Godriconian, 05 June 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#66 kerida

kerida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

OKay as much as i respect the effort in the "apology" This seems to be a OMFG WERE GONNA LOSE MILLIONS by the staff.

lol millions

#67 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yes millions, if you count the chargebacks on the credit cards and loss of playerbase(which means FAR less kafra purchases) they would lose millions of revenue over time. Think about how many people buy kafra items per day/week/motn/year and do the math on the loss of players and trust.

Sorry i know were not suppose to make posts like this i was just making a point =/.

Edited by Godriconian, 05 June 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#68 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Thank you for your words. I can't speak for the entire fanbase, but I appreciate it.

#69 PlasticCupBoy

PlasticCupBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

It's all cool for me. You can make a bloody mistake too even if you are a genius or a millionaire and lose big profit/job. So what carry on and try to come back up.... Seriously I play for fun anyways.... Gonna be playing this game for a very long time :p_hi:

#70 BlossomDance

BlossomDance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Mr. Choi, please don't let RO2 end like Flyff did.
That game got more and more Cash Shop reliant with every version update. Now people are so tired of the Freemium/Pay-to-win aspect most servers are struggling to get people interested in the cash shop and prefer to buy money and items directly from illegal websites instead (because it's cheaper).

I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, and I'm certainly no game developer or marketing expert. But most free to play MMORPGs end becoming a desert rather quickly because the companies responsible focus too much on the short-term profit instead of the long-term one. There is a game called League of Legends (A MMO but not a MMORPG) that is really really popular in the entire North and South America. It's a huge hit and it's free to play. Their cash shop focuses on cosmetics and very minor advantages. So that kind of approach can work and work well, so long as the game itself improves, has its bug fixed and has enough content to make people confident investing in it will bring retribution.

At the same time, keep the cash shop hats/costumes with stats and being able to be drilled as you have until now. That way, you would cater both sides.
Those who just want a cosmetic would have a reason to actually kill monsters instead of just rushing through quests and those who want the extra stat edge, can still get them from the shop and sell them on the Auction House if they so wish. It would be a win-win situation.

I don't think you get it. The people who want a cosmetic want them so for sake of balance. Selling stuff that increases stats in a cash shop is NOT an example of a balanced free to play game. It's like paying to get immediately stronger than those who don't.

Edited by BlossomDance, 05 June 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#71 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

I want to second this. One of the reasons people loved RO1 so much was the headgear you could get. Superficial as they could be hunting a monster for its rare drop or grinding for 1000 spores was what people loved to do.

I'm already storing my nine-tails tails for when the 999 tails quest appears again. :3
I see no reason why those wouldn't be realistic economy wise in RO2.
most people will rather spend 5$ than kill one thousand times the same mob as we used to do in RO1...
If the time saved is not enough as a bonus, make it slot-able or something.

the rollback would of been the only fair thing to do, i made zeny out of it, its not in my interest, but for the longevity of the server its the right thing to roll back, and they should of done it sooner rather than later

i believe i said this quite early on, and if you dont give a damn about the server because of a little personal gain shame on you :)

You'd rollback a full server for the 0,001% who got involved in this mistake?
Plus people who lost money are the ones who tried to get money out of the people who didn't knew about the planned update. Shame on them for trying to scam other players. :hmm:

#72 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

+10 isn't that much....

And rollback would-_- over ALOT of people other than people who sold costumes....

Edited by Baddiez, 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#73 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

It's great to see that the CEO has come to mingle with us. It really helps show that they want this game to succeed. Honestly, the biggest thing for me are the cash items that feel like they should be account wide. I would love to buy VIP and a card album month after month but it's simply not worth it since I switch between three characters. I only have the card album on one! Even if VIP didn't go account wide, I'd really love to see it done with the card album or have the price of card album dropped significantly. You guys already know about the bag issue as well so I hope that'll get fixed at some point.

One big thing that needs to be looked at is the participation on the forums by staff. It was my understanding that there were people who's jobs were to read the forum and pass on suggestions. It makes me wonder how they missed that we were talking about the Founder stats in a ton of threads. There were even requests to have it nerfed. Yet when the original nerf was announced they said they had no idea we thought those were the stats. That shows that they were either lying or they just don't read what we have to say. Either way it's really disappointing.

Thanks for taking the time to hear what we have to say and thanks for working to make things right. I know it's hard to try to keep this many people happy.

#74 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

I get this is a business and you want to make money and the reason why you apologize is because your wallets got threatened and that's the only reason. You will suffer a loss regardless from this and perhaps that should be a lesson to you all as a company that there is a line to cross when it comes to being too greedy. I'm sure you all thought the idea was genius at the time. You can show the community and players that you mean more to it than that by actually fixing the problems with the game that have been around forever. This game didn't just come out yesterday. In other countries it's been around for at least a YEAR. Fix the games problems already instead of focusing on trying to make more money. Because if you really want to make money you will make the game good and efficient and polished and bug free. It's disgusting that these bugs are still around and your efforts are focused on cash-shop. If you make the game good then the players will want to put more money into the game because they feel good playing the game. If you take things away and make them feel bad about stuff and cause things not to be fun anymore you lose players and paying customers. It's that simple.

#75 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

and to think last night the market was running crazy and now it has been stabilized once again. Poor people that sold their tux/wed and recruit costumes for cheap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users