New Cash shop Headgears - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Cash shop Headgears

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#26 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

Cannon Balls are designed for holy/dark/ghost monsters and can do up to 100k damage... ET is so delicious for mecha/genetic...

So maybe you should request those element monsters on TI request...

#27 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Damn the WL Hat is alot better in term of damage dealing than POM >.>

#28 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

this hat is like FBH adds 49% more to CL damage WTF

#29 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Cannon Balls are designed for holy/dark/ghost monsters and can do up to 100k damage... ET is so delicious for mecha/genetic...

So maybe you should request those element monsters on TI request...

That's no benefit to non-mado mechanic builds.

#30 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

There's aren't supposed to work in PVP/WOE soooo...

#31 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Is there a guide for this quest?

#32 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Cannon Balls are designed for holy/dark/ghost monsters and can do up to 100k damage

you aint gotta lie to kick it homie

#33 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

so they finally gave something to compensate for the HORRIBLE damage of severe rainstorm (although it should rightfully b 50%)

lesse....priests, wiz, maestro, sorc, and tanks got a headband. but nothing for genetics or mechanics like usual. you guys are aware that cart cannon is a completely garbage obsolete spell past lvl 125 right? i mean you dont actually expect us to be able to level doing 10-15k dmg against monsters with 150k+ hp right? and arm cannon isnt that much better. insanely high SP cost vs insanely POOR sp pool makes it a nightmare to level with. i wouldve expected all classes to see some sort of contribution from this event but i guess not =/

o well, all of you other classes enjoy your day. ill just be over here spending an hour trying to kill 1 scarab at a time :heh:

you aint gotta lie to kick it homie

Neither do you,

http://forums.warppo...view-preview-3/

#34 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

Neither do you,

i dont see your point? they havnt implemented any of these, and 10% increase on cart cannon is only another 1-5k dmg(5k being a gross overestimation based on monsters weak to holy), hardly enough to help you down monsters with 150k hp.

people that say they do 100k cart cannons are just simply lying. theyre basing their numbers on lexed monsters and god gear equipped characters. the average player does 10-20k dmg cart cannons with non elemental and 23-35k with elemental (and its very rare that youll get only 1 element monster in any given spot). hardly enough damage to effectively level at a reasonable speed on lvl 126+ monsters which is also the reason nobody wants us in TI. sure you can kill monsters eventually with this damage, but its far from effective. the spell should scale with level or have a set to boost the damage based on level. not even asking to 1 shot monsters. but how about kill them in under 10 cannon blasts?

im tired of people claiming spells are fine based on the very few players wearing billions of zeny in equips. the spells are not fine and need some kind of boost just like warlocks and rangers get to balance us with other classes/make us competitive enough to be able to level efficiently

#35 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Its subject to change and my point was you obviously didn't read before you decided to make outrageous claims, if you took the time to read it you'd see that they have been changed by suggestions, genetic happens to be one of the last ones and just never got to it before I got mega busy with other stuff.

#36 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Its subject to change and my point was you obviously didn't read before you decided to make outrageous claims, if you took the time to read it you'd see that they have been changed by suggestions, genetic happens to be one of the last ones and just never got to it before I got mega busy with other stuff.

i dont kno about any of that. all i know is that a bunch of hats were put in with the anniversary event today and nowhere do i see a genetic hat. so what does some thread have to do with whats actually in the game? are you trying to say that they plan on putting this hat in next week? cuz if so you should just say so. although based on what you have on that thread, it in no way seems fair that gens are only getting a 10% increase while all of the other already powerful classes are getting 50% increases to spells that already do tremendous damage...........

#37 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I managed to +9 a night sparrow hat, but I am not noticing any damage boost yet along a 25% boost with severe rainstorm. I did some simple testing with headgear switching between a rideword hat and the +9 night sparrow hat and didn't notice any damage increase.

the SP and cast reductions seem to work, but the damage bonus seems to be missing

Edited by waka, 12 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#38 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

These seem to help classes/builds that could really use a buff in PVM-damage, so I think Genetic is fine without any boosting gears. I can't one shot things like a Ranger on my gene, but I definitely don't have problems clearing most mobs pretty quickly. Don't play Mechanic so I can't really comment on that. Auto-spell Chasers could use something though! xD

noones asking to 1 shot. but how bout kill things in under 10 shots? nobody wants us in ti cuz were so weak. i end up just spamming acid bombs so i can keep up in damage with everyone else and im wearing pretty good gear. i tried doing those new quests for costume hats and the mobs have so much hp that it takes me like like 30 seconds per mob. meanwhile the rangers and warlocks are just coasting through like nothing. pretty soon everyone is just gonna end up playing rangers and ABs because all of the other classes are so screwed up. mechanics have it the worst

10k dmg is how much lvl 100s are doing. why should we be doing the same damage at lvl 140-150?

Edited by killedbytofu, 12 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#39 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

Neither do you,

For mechanic the seacaptain's hat looks interesting, but its mostly party only since the set replaces the healing/hpsp steal hats and healing card assessory slots. Its odd an assessory that rewards having high dex with a +hit bonus. Maybe with that damage bonus earth deleter would cut it in mid ti and by high ti the sp pool would be big enough to last a while.

But one way that Axe mechanic could be better balanced is by having an axe that's 1 handed even in the same infinity as pile bunker.... 140 is around the best 1 hand I can think of atm vs 450!!! of pile bunker and 330+ of hurricane. Axe tornado mechanics don't get repair like mado or high hp regen like knights, so being a bit better at tanking in pve would be nice. 1 hand axe should at least have 250 at best and a card slot since as axe tornado build we are right in the thick of it.

If I had to guess with the set + being lvl 150 with +15 hurricane fury and battlegrounds items. 30-50k axe tornados.

Edited by Lunebeam, 12 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#40 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm pretty sure Inu designed it in mind and we all decided that the headgear effects are disabled in pvp and woe. But you never know....

Um you know those headgears wouldn't make a damn impact on woe because the skills they are buffing are and would not be used to any useful effect. And as far as im concerned those poor maestro deserve the 50% fixed reduction if they are willing to for-go a cranial % headgear.

The Warlock one wouldn't be much better than a red pom setup either, at the loss of again demihuman reductions none the less. It's also not amping it's most powerful skills, it's increasing the weaker ones which is a good thing if anything.

Seriously even if they do work in woe there wouldn't be a reason to disable it in the first place.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 12 June 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#41 Esalis

Esalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Meow

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

niceeee hatttsss D: . Should i buy them..

#42 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I wish the Shadow Chaser set wasn't so much Matt/high upgrade.

#43 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

For mechanic the seacaptain's hat looks interesting, except it has no sp steal like rideword I'd normally be wearing. Its odd an assessory that rewards having high dex with a +hit bonus. Maybe with that damage bonus earth deleter would cut it in mid ti and by high ti the sp pool would be big enough to last a while.

But one way that Axe mechanic could be better balanced is by having an axe that's 1 handed even in the same infinity as pile bunker.... 140 is around the best 1 hand I can think of atm vs 450!!! of pile bunker and 330+ of hurricane. Axe tornado mechanics don't get repair like mado or high hp regen like knights, so being a bit better at tanking in pve would be nice. 1 hand axe should at least have 250 at best and a card slot since as axe tornado build we are right in the thick of it.

If I had to guess with the set + being lvl 150 with +15 hurricane fury and battlegrounds items. 30-50k axe tornados.

the people that make these hats dont even play these classes. i think the entire design team are warlocks and rangers cuz they seem really out of touch with the needs of any other class. most games have a community class leader for each class to get input from the community and thoroughly test each class for balancing issues. if this one does, then their class leaders must be wearing nothing but god items or only playing the classes to lvl 99.

r.i.p. performer classes, mechanics, kagaro, taekwons, gunslingers, and mechanics.

(yes i said mechanics twice because both builds are getting completely shafted =p)

Edited by killedbytofu, 12 June 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#44 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

You know tofu can you just kindly troll your way out the door and let it hit you on the way out? At this point all you're trying to be is a giant ass.

As for the suggestions post them on that thread I linked to.

#45 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Glorious. Please tell me the SC one is going to be implemented :3

#46 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

You know tofu can you just kindly troll your way out the door and let it hit you on the way out? At this point all you're trying to be is a giant ass.

As for the suggestions post them on that thread I linked to.

i would be MORE then happy to seriously contribute suggestions for mechanics, genetics, and performer classes since i play these classes extensively (have been playing merchant classes as mains for 10 years now) and have more then 1 of each, but i know that nothing i say will be taken into consideration at this point, as all of my previous suggestions before this thread have gone ignored. Plus the hats have already been made or are in the works of being made, so whats the point?

warp portal has reps on these boards that seem to blatantly ignore all of the good suggestions made by people that seriously know this game inside and out. and the suggestions are within the means of what warp portal is capable of changing, yet they still ignore us.

even some of the quest designers like Ralis have agreed that these ideas were good or they themselves have come up with ideas that seem to just be ignored.

so you can see why im facepalming when they put in some items that dont benefit us at all yet were supposed to be grateful for them

Edited by killedbytofu, 12 June 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#47 VolunteerMod01

VolunteerMod01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Please respect the time and effort that Inu has put forth to make this whole project available for the RO community. There's no reason to be blatantly/subliminally insulting the design team for these pieces.

As for the suggestions, Inu had an entire thread where people suggested the proper effects for these headgears. So yes, there were people who play these very classes that contributed to the overall production of these headgears. However the final decision goes to the actual developers, so please be grateful for Inu's wonderful contributions!

Edited by VolunteerMod01, 12 June 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#48 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

the people that make these hats dont even play these classes. i think the entire design team are warlocks and rangers cuz they seem really out of touch with the needs of any other class. most games have a community class leader for each class to get input from the community and thoroughly test each class for balancing issues. if this one does, then their class leaders must be wearing nothing but god items or only playing the classes to lvl 99.

r.i.p. performer classes, mechanics, kagaro, taekwons, gunslingers, and mechanics.

(yes i said mechanics twice because both builds are getting completely shafted =p)

Cart cannon became fully endow-able recently with the bug fix update. I cannot tell you how tremendous of a buff this was to cart cannon. 100k cart cannons with holy/soul/element cannons which Exvee describes, is something that can be achieved with high-end equipment, that is without god items. A genetic with regular gears are able easily out-dps and severely out damage almost any class without much support. If this is something you did not know about the genetic class, then you should definitely reflect on how you've been playing this class, you're doing SOMETHING wrong.

Inu's headgears give a huge buff to classes and builds that are even more obsolete than any genetic or mechanic class. Spell fist, ME priest, Severe Rainstorm are all builds that just AREN'T competitive in higher levels, but are made viable because of these new headgears. Also, revamping other classes/builds does not trample over merchant class builds and their effectiveness in PvM. It's really disrespectful to Inu that you're complaining about her efforts in revitalizing alternative builds because you don't know how to make a build around cart cannon.

Yes, Cart Cannon is an amazing skill. It does NOT need to be buffed and we're all glad that Inu's headgears help BALANCE the classes.

#49 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

so they finally gave something to compensate for the HORRIBLE damage of severe rainstorm (although it should rightfully b 50%)

lesse....priests, wiz, maestro, sorc, and tanks got a headband. but nothing for genetics or mechanics like usual. you guys are aware that cart cannon is a completely garbage obsolete spell past lvl 125 right? i mean you dont actually expect us to be able to level doing 10-15k dmg against monsters with 150k+ hp right? and arm cannon isnt that much better. insanely high SP cost vs insanely POOR sp pool makes it a nightmare to level with. i wouldve expected all classes to see some sort of contribution from this event but i guess not =/

o well, all of you other classes enjoy your day. ill just be over here spending an hour trying to kill 1 scarab at a time :heh:

doing 180k instant cast cart cannon to bee on my gen, sup.

Edited by GypsyTearss, 12 June 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#50 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

Really happy to see these started going in :)

Too bad my renewal client wont patch properly, so I can't see any of them :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users