New Cash shop Headgears - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Cash shop Headgears

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#201 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I play one!!!!!! Also are you saying no one plays a Maestro because they're not good, what lol?

worst non extended class in the game hands down. half of your tree is useless without a wanderer. you have 1 buff that costs a ton of sp and only last a minute. your only attack spell sucks. your spells that WOULD be useful in pvm are all disabled outside of a WoE map. and your most valuable spell isnt even from your third job. you stand like a totem pole relying on a spell from 2-1 and the only attacks you can use while performing are bugged so much that they cause your character to completely freeze up unable to do anything. lol. yes. im saying maestro is not good as anything other then a dual cliented totem pole to stand around and leech strings off of. what reward is there for any player playing a maestro? theyre insanely boring to play because all you can do is stand there. THAT is why nobody plays them. if they did better dps and were able to use ALL of their songs, then i think many more people would be playing the class actively, instead of just as a dual cliented alt. making almost all of the songs ensemble only really murdered both wanderers and maestros

as far as their WoE uses, thats a whole nother conversation

but now were just getting off topic...sooooo. back to the hats. =p

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#202 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

Errr, nagas are weak to fire. Easily two-shottable and probably one-shottable with CC even on a low gen. And all high TI monsters have elemental weaknesses. Just endow yourself with the element the highest HP monster is weak to and the other lower HP monsters will drop in the time you take to kill pom spiders. Soloing of course is slower than the typical high TI party with 3 rangers, ABs, etc. But isn't that the point of partying in the first place?

The problem is CC is already very strong. It's the best DPS skill at killing ghost MVPs at the moment and also one of the highest AOE DPS skills when under strings. Buffing it a lot is just going to be unbalanced.

Partying is always supposed to be faster. It IS a social game after all. Just go scarabs to solo, and everything there is weak to fire.

Try doing ET without a maestro. Also, maestros and performers are probably the #1 top dual cliented class...

'Easily two-shottable and probably one-shottable with CC even on a low gen'

this is where i stopped taking you serious.

i dunno where youre pulling these magical numbers out of but its pretty hilarious. just to prove you wrong, i screenshotted a cart cannon on a Naga using fire endowed twin edge with 3x AS, medal of honor, and 90 str + 105 int + 30 luk

Posted Image

CCing Scarabs is a joke. takes soooooo unbelievably long to kill just 1 that the exp per hour is completely laughable. at that rate, youd lvl from 140-150 in 6 months to a year.

lol just because having a maestro makes a spell good, does not make a spell good. hell with that logic, we could say that all the madomechanic spells are massively OP and should be nerfed (luls) since arm cannon does way more dmg then cart cannon and ice launcher becomes a fully spammable massive aoe with no cast timer on it.

#203 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

Posted Image

#204 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

'Easily two-shottable and probably one-shottable with CC even on a low gen'

this is where i stopped taking you serious.

i dunno where youre pulling these magical numbers out of but its pretty hilarious. just to prove you wrong, i screenshotted a cart cannon on a Naga using fire endowed twin edge with 3x AS, medal of honor, and 90 str + 105 int + 30 luk

Posted Image

naga has 21,099 hp. you could kill it with 2 shots. how is kasshin wrong?

Edited by beaupoem, 17 June 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#205 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

naga has 21,099 hp. you could kill it with 2 shots. how is kasshin wrong?

lol i dont know what info youre looking at but they have 46,708 hp. that naga took me 4-5 hits to kill. dont trust everything you see on irowiki. alot of it is outdated. the naga that were in TI DEFINITELY HAD 40k + hp because even my ranger couldnt 1 shot them with AS

#206 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

well even the "other" db if you click renewal stats says 21099. so they must have put pre-re stat nagas in the TI then.

wow, you actually have to WORK for your exp? the HORROR!

#207 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

well even the "other" db if you click renewal stats says 21099. so they must have put pre-re stat nagas in the TI then.

wow, you actually have to WORK for your exp? the HORROR!

umm... splendide =/= TI

#208 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Spoiler

?_?

#209 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Spoiler

?_?

i took 4-5 screenshots of different attacks. im not gonna waste time uploading them all but if it had 21k hp how would that be possible? hmmm? do the math. im hitting for 10-13k dmg. took 4-5 screenshots on the same monster.

back to the point. he said you could 1 shot them easily. hes dead wrong. my point is that they put monsters like ferus in mid ti and they require 4-5 casts to kill because they have 40k hp. fire endowment barely adds much dmg as you can see in that screenshot above. cart cannon starts off as a decent spell at low levels but after about 125 its just garbage without a full team of buffers and stringer

and LOL@ saying one minute that cart cannon is amazing in a ti party with stringers, then in the next post saying some snide elitest comment like 'god forbid you have to level yourself'. the hypocrisy in these forums is priceless

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 June 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#210 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Are the Nagas required to kill for the Warlock quest any different (in terms of HP) than regular Naga? Because it clearly says 21k in that screenshot...

#211 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

i took 4-5 screenshots of different attacks. im not gonna waste time uploading them all but if it had 21k hp how would that be possible? hmmm? do the math. im hitting for 10-13k dmg. took 4-5 screenshots on the same monster.

If you take into account the sword modifier, you're doing 33% less damage than you could be doing because it's a large monster. So for starters, you'd either need to get weapon perfection or you'd need to switch to a carded axe with expert archer enchants.

If you're only doing 12k on monsters weak to fire using a 3x archer skeleton red twin, I suspect that you're not fire endowed and you're assuming that the red twin gives you fire elemental damage? Your damage seems low for a "I have elemental advantage" situation (I remember getting similar damage on neutral property monsters with an axe on medium sized monsters, so I'd be suffering same size penalties and no elemental bonus), and so it's probably that cannon balls are ammo (like bows) which override non-endow element, so you will need real fire endow rather than just the red twin edge to add the 75% damage against earth property monsters.

If you toss in the regular suite of party buffs (striking, odin's power, windmill rush), your damage should be much higher than where it's at now also. You can throw in porcellio armor, BSB combo (BSB should be better than a medal of honor given the base attack of a red twin), and boxes of resentment for an added damage bonus.

#212 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Why did a topic about the new headgears become a huge argument about CC? Too many QQers :pif:

#213 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

IINM there's 2 types of Nagas... 1 is the regular 21k hp (drops the shield,armor,etc), the other 1 is the Warlock's changejob quest 46k hp (drops the quest item)...

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 17 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#214 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Why did a topic about the new headgears become a huge argument about CC? Too many QQers :pif:

Because of misunderstanding and/or people wanting their class to be as OP as possible, heaven forbid you'd have to actually invest playing time into the game with challenge. All you have to do is look back in the whole topic to figure out who they are and what classes they are.

Edited by Inubashiri, 17 June 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#215 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Are the Nagas required to kill for the Warlock quest any different (in terms of HP) than regular Naga? Because it clearly says 21k in that screenshot...

There are two nagas in the client. One has about 47k hp and doesn't spawn naturally. The other one has 21k hp and spawns on maps. I assume the 47k hp one is the one for the warlock test. There is a good chance that the wrong naga was put into the turn in once or twice.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it... If they put the wrong one in then we actually lost out on exp since they supposedly give 0 exp. That would be hard to notice since they are mixed in with 3 other monsters.

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 17 June 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#216 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

If you take into account the sword modifier, you're doing 33% less damage than you could be doing because it's a large monster. So for starters, you'd either need to get weapon perfection or you'd need to switch to a carded axe with expert archer enchants.

If you're only doing 12k on monsters weak to fire using a 3x archer skeleton red twin, I suspect that you're not fire endowed and you're assuming that the red twin gives you fire elemental damage? Your damage seems low for a "I have elemental advantage" situation (I remember getting similar damage on neutral property monsters with an axe on medium sized monsters, so I'd be suffering same size penalties and no elemental bonus), and so it's probably that cannon balls are ammo (like bows) which override non-endow element, so you will need real fire endow rather than just the red twin edge to add the 75% damage against earth property monsters.

If you toss in the regular suite of party buffs (striking, odin's power, windmill rush), your damage should be much higher than where it's at now also. You can throw in porcellio armor, BSB combo (BSB should be better than a medal of honor given the base attack of a red twin), and boxes of resentment for an added damage bonus.

lol i know how to use an elemental converter. my damage is low because cart cannon is a low dmg spell as ive been saying this entire thread. and lol@ throw on a suite of buffs. do you think i walk around with my own personal team of priest, maestro, and sorc?

porcellio carded armor doesnt make a lick of dmg difference and you lose 10% hp buff from not using peco card (have thoroughly tested).
BSB is mainly for acid bomb dmg. it also isnt worth losing 20% of your SP and HP not using a variants shoe . its also 50million zeny and has gone as high as 70m in the last month. also 2 medal of honors are much better then BSB because its 10% magic attack AND attack +1000 hp and more sp.

because too many overgeared players that roll with a full team of buffers think a spell thats not balanced well for high lvls is overpowered since they themselves do good dmg with it.

Because of misunderstanding and/or people wanting their class to be as OP as possible, heaven forbid you'd have to actually invest playing time into the game with challenge.

^probably plays a ranger or priest. its attitudes like this that are the reason half of the classes in the game are either completely broken or have almost an entire spell tree of spells that dont work right (ie. taekwon, ninja, kagaro, gunslinger, mechanic, maestro, wanderer, minstrel, sura). My idea of a challenge isnt spending 10 minutes killing 1 monster. we call that a mindless grind. but hey since youre up for a challenge, how about you go level an axe mechanic to 150 without using TI

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 June 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#217 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

damn these forums lag like crazy...

anyways, lets just change the subject before the thread gets locked and agree that :

Arm Cannon > Cart Cannon

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 June 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#218 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Because of misunderstanding and/or people wanting their class to be as OP as possible, heaven forbid you'd have to actually invest playing time into the game with challenge. All you have to do is look back in the whole topic to figure out who they are and what classes they are.

You say the word OP a lot, but what is the expected damage axe tornado will be doing for a geared mechanic using the set that you set the % for?

For one attack and dps vs a high level monster.

#219 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Easily two-shottable and probably one-shottable with CC even on a low gen.

back to the point. he said you could 1 shot them easily. hes dead wrong.
and LOL@ saying one minute that cart cannon is amazing in a ti party with stringers, then in the next post saying some snide elitest comment like 'god forbid you have to level yourself'. the hypocrisy in these forums is priceless

he did not say you could 1 shot them easily. also, nowhere does he say you should party and also level yourself. neither did i. working for your exp doesn't mean you can't kill in a party.

ANYWAY, thanks Inu for these great headgears! i will go over to the new headgear suggestion thread if i want to rant about how rolling cutter should be buffed

#220 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

People talking about posters being off-topic and yet, I am asking this question for the third time and not even being told a "I don't know" in response, so I will ask again:

Question restated: Will the other headgears be purchasable with the festa medals?

I want to know if I should save my medals for the headgears I want or if those will be only available through KP.

#221 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

^ i want to know this too. i don't think anyone knows and GMs have not commented on it yet.

#222 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping a GM comments. I'll be very upset if I save my medals only to find the other headgears can't be purchased with them, and that I lost the opportunity to get these headgears with the medals as well.

#223 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

^on top of that, when are all of the npcs being removed. i dont want to get stuck wtih a bunch of useless medals cuz i waited it out too long ><

#224 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

^probably plays a ranger or priest. its attitudes like this that are the reason half of the classes in the game are either completely broken or have almost an entire spell tree of spells that dont work right (ie. taekwon, ninja, kagaro, gunslinger, mechanic, maestro, wanderer, minstrel, sura). My idea of a challenge isnt spending 10 minutes killing 1 monster. we call that a mindless grind. but hey since youre up for a challenge, how about you go level an axe mechanic to 150 without using TI

First, you don't know anything about me so please stop, second do you ever stop complaining?

Edited by Inubashiri, 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#225 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

I believe stating that some classes have skills that are either not implemented or have incorrect descriptions, or are just flat out useless, is a valid statement in a thread about headgear made to buff underpowered class-builds.

Hell, rogues have to burn skill points on 'piece' to get 3rd class abilities... piece hasn't been implemented for how long now?

Sidenote: Saw a male AB wearing the ribbon. I guess the cross-dressing was inevitable. I'm glad costumes are readily available to hide some headgears.

^on top of that, when are all of the npcs being removed. i dont want to get stuck wtih a bunch of useless medals cuz i waited it out too long ><

Same.

Edited by mikayel, 18 June 2013 - 10:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users