New Cash shop Headgears - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Cash shop Headgears

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#151 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

I was thinking yesterday it too bad the hat doesn't also have support for hocus pocus sages. People used to play them until the nerfs happened.

It was a topic not long ago people were asking for hocus pocus to be un-nerfed. Getting hocus pocus is pretty much an entire job point job. So the bonus could only work if you had hocus pocus level x.

#152 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

shouldve made the hat available to all hindsight sage/scholars and just put a restriction that it doesnt work with soul link so you dont have a bunch of soul linked sages doing 10k dmg auto attacks =p (although technically they can already do that with the accessory cards). honestly hindsight would be a really fun way to level if the bolts wernt so weak and flee rate wasnt so messed up in renewal. currently sages have a pretty rough leveling life post lvl 80. their bolts just dont do enough dmg without the 2 accessory cards to really level efficiently and the aoe is slow and weak, requiring multiple casts to kill. since they dont have alot of weight cap, even leveling with witch hat and pumpkins doesnt last long before youre out of healing items. scholar leveling is alot easier thanks to double bolt. honestly it took me 3 tries at sage class till i finally got it down (yes i have 3 sorcs now lol). if wed had a hat like this available back when i made my first hindsight sage, life wouldve been ALOT easier

#153 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Say what? kRO still listens to us?

#There is still hope after all

#154 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

i for one like the headgears, and i applaud the people in the community who spent the time and effort to make them. things like this help keep the game alive. :thx:

now my only major grip is, i wish the hats were not class restricted, because even though the effects are class specific, the cuteness of the hats are not!!! i would not mind wearing the headgears on different classes just for looks/vanity purposes. :p_love:

then as my only minor grip is, all the hats are very girly, makes my male alts, look errrr......lol :heh:

#155 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

I can't wait for the Black Ribbon Headgear! Anyone know when its going to be put in?

#156 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

[/size]

you cant endow cart cannon. have you ever even played a genetic before.......

Cart Cannon is and has ALWAYS been endowable. Why do you think your red twin with iron cannonballs does crap damage on fire monsters? I have two genetics, thank you very much. Why don't you actually go and try things out before posting for once? At least we know why you are having problems with damage output.

#157 bendotzz

bendotzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

Were the hats specifically made for female characters? I don't think they suit the male ones at all :P

#158 lazo2004

lazo2004

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

will the new headgears be tradable? i only have a ranger and a mech doing the izlude mini games and have no use for the headgears >< will they be tradable in the future?

#159 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I was really looking forward to the ME AB hat, but now I don't play there anymore qq

I'll B> Classic version!

#160 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

I was really looking forward to the ME AB hat, but now I don't play there anymore qq

I'll B> Classic version!

Its never too late to return!

#161 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

One of the hats is amazing;

#162 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

0:

Damn that's crazy lol xD

#163 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

I saw someone ask if the boys were getting hats and up until I read that I really didn't think about how these hats are not very gender neutral, lol.

#164 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

considering the hats are ripped out of touhou of course they arent. :V

#165 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Lmfao imo keep the bug in for the rest of the month - it's too funny.

#166 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Lol the AB hat omg
Please leave it in for the month, it's not like a game changing effect tbh (at least no worse than the valk helm anyway) and it's really amusing
Plus ABs could use some fun stuff to do for once :)

#167 Ha3mme8tt

Ha3mme8tt

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#168 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Question restated: Will the other headgears be purchasable with the festa medals?

#169 Aratiina

Aratiina

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wanderer hat should've been a midgear. Honestly the best way to level one right now is to sex change to Maestro and back. Kind of sad.

There would be no need to change gender, if Links would still work in TI.
I remember Linking chars last year for TI, but now when you enter Eden/TI they disappear.....
I've been wondering "why?" for a while...... Makes SL useless for support.

I myself love the hats ^^, since I prefer killing stuff, than idly walking behind (not to mention that walking while dancing w/o Link is really annoyingly slow ;P), so I like the idea of buffing damage ^^. Now I just need to w8 till next maint, and lvl my Gypsy to Wanderer finally ;3.
Good job with the hats ^^.
I agree with some tho, that it would be awesome to make them into costume at +8 <3.

As for CC discussion, that skill is confusing to me, since at level 100 I did like 5k to Elders and got owned alot ('cos I couldn't 1-shot them).
I have int higher than str and read that I should have such, but I guess w/o that expensive sword and overupgrade, I wont kill much with CC ^^;.
Guess I should earn money first ;P.
And I saw people doing 50k CC in midTI...... awesome! It 1-shotted everything there ;o.
I hope we'll get the Gene hat soon XD.
I'd love more cute costumes though <3 (since most of Eclage ones aren't as appealing for me ;/).

Edited by Aratiina, 16 June 2013 - 11:45 PM.

#170 bendotzz

bendotzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

As for CC discussion, that skill is confusing to me, since at level 100 I did like 5k to Elders and got owned alot ('cos I couldn't 1-shot them).
I have int higher than str and read that I should have such, but I guess w/o that expensive sword and overupgrade, I wont kill much with CC ^^;.

You probably didn't have cart remodelling maxed and cart boost. They increase the damage =D

#171 Aratiina

Aratiina

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

You probably didn't have cart remodelling maxed and cart boost. They increase the damage =D

It is maxed ^^;.
Same as Cart Boost ;o.
Tho I think I have only like 80 int and 60-70 str..... can't really check that at the moment ;/ (I'll make sure when I get home ^^).
It's probably 'cos I used Eden Sabre, nothing better at the moment.... guess I'll level her after I earn for better weapon XD.

#172 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

There would be no need to change gender, if Links would still work in TI.
I remember Linking chars last year for TI, but now when you enter Eden/TI they disappear.....
I've been wondering "why?" for a while...... Makes SL useless for support.

I myself love the hats ^^, since I prefer killing stuff, than idly walking behind (not to mention that walking while dancing w/o Link is really annoyingly slow ;P), so I like the idea of buffing damage ^^. Now I just need to w8 till next maint, and lvl my Gypsy to Wanderer finally ;3.
Good job with the hats ^^.
I agree with some tho, that it would be awesome to make them into costume at +8 <3.

Guess I should earn money first ;P.
And I saw people doing 50k CC in midTI...... awesome! It 1-shotted everything there ;o.
I hope we'll get the Gene hat soon XD.
I'd love more cute costumes though <3 (since most of Eclage ones aren't as appealing for me ;/).

dont get your hopes up too much. nobody is doing 50k cart cannons in mid ti unless theyre wearing god items or have every buff in the game on + the monster is weak to the few elemental ball choices we have (and even still its questionable if you can get that high). the highest ive ever seen anyone do is 38k, and that was on undead with a +12 hurricane fury, holy cannonballs (the only way to get dmg that high), blessing, vip buffs, striking, and +9 crown of deceit. the people saying they do 100k cart cannons were all lying or own a gloomy card/mjolnirs/megs). nobody can do higher then 40-50k without god items or gloomy card + buffs. the average cart cannon is 10-15k (15 k being with converters and buffs) for red twin 13-20k for hurricane fury (although this is suicidal because you have no resistance and take too much dmg to level efficiently). this damage is quite adequate for the lvl 100-130 range, but later on monsters have much more hp and leveling becomes abysmally slow outside of TI for genetics (only a crazy person would try to solo level to 150 with genetic). Even in high TI with elemental converters, it still takes 6-10 cart cannons to kill anything, while classes like warlock and ranger only need 1-2 casts. this is why people never put up signs saying 'n>genetic'. lol. on the upside, we can level off mvps, so running ET is beneficial for us.

the funny part is, genetics are in no way a support class(aside from full chemical potion), so why is their pvm damage so low when theyre supposed to be DPS? why is cart cannon balanced around wearing the most maxed out expensive gear in the game (over 1 billion) instead of what the average is or balanced by level like other classes spells? why does a lvl 100 genetic do the same damage as a lvl 150?

genes are expensive to play, but then again all merchant classes are. the merchant classes were designed for making money or to be played by well off players who have money to dump. people with god items and mvp cards are playing a completely different game then the rest of us and sadly it feels like they are balancing the game around these people instead of the other 98% playing.

that said, the gene hat that they have planned to release is pretty worthless in its current state (ESPECIALLY FOR NEW PLAYERS THAT CANT EVEN AFFORD OVERUPGRADING). im not trying to hurt anyones feelings here, but its just the truth. unless its severely altered, it is in no way worth the 500kp it will cost. a measly 10% buff thats only good on 1 spell ( and this is at +9 mind you!) will add barely any dmg at the loss of healing/ casting speed/ acid bomb damage/ damage reduction. There are much better hat options such as Crown of Deceit, Evil Marching Hat, Witch hat/ alarm mask, and rudolph headband. And the fact that you dont even get benefits from it unless its +9?!?!?!?!? are you kidding me?!?!?!?! as of now the only thing the hat does is drop seeds for spells that nobody even uses because of how weak the dmg is, yet doesnt even buff those spells. how is this fair in any way when all of the other hats released get their best benefit with no upgrades?!

btw:

+10% = 800-1500 dmg on regular monsters and 2200-2800 on elemental monsters

the hat SHOULD be:

+10% cart cannon dmg w/ no upgrade

at +7 +15% cart cannon damage
at +9 +20% cart cannon damage

otherwise it cant even compete against crown of deceit, which is only 50m on the market right now or evil marching hat. why waste money and time on a hat that only benefits 1 spell when you can buy another hat that benefits BOTH of your main spells? if Warp Portal wants to make some money on this hat, theyre going to need to seriously buff it up before releasing

Edited by killedbytofu, 17 June 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#173 Aratiina

Aratiina

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Well, I guessed as much that they were wearing god items, can't be otherwise.... 1-shotting Zombie Slaughterers x.X;.
It's just that, you write here that average damage for CC is 10k-20k, and it seems I'm nowhere near that ;P.

As for the hat, 10% more to damage is better than nothing, and if they hat would be for medals, it would be free, or some other means to get it after event w/o paying ^^;.
For now it would be best hat for my Genetic, though it would need some money to get +9 ^^;, where certs for it are the most expensive.....
ONLY 50m?! Right..... and you write about new players XD.

#174 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

Mado mechanic is a little of a support class with its barriers/scanning/stuff. But axe tornado builds is 100% not support and has no option of being one outside a mado. In fact the party buff can break rangers and some others weapons. Does any other class have a party buff that can ruin the party and wipe everyone else out?

"Mech used buffs!!" Ranger's bow was broken! Party died to mob!

Imagine if wind walker every step could cause ankle snare status to any member of the party.
Imagine if bless could cause stone to any party member any time they were hit including the healer.
Imagine if sacrifice could cause coma status any time a spell is cast to anyone being sacrificed for.
Imagine if A sorc giving someone sp can cause members of the party to be silenced

Only, the effect never ends unless they go to town and pay money or the character that caused the effect pays 8-10k in items per member to remove it.

I partied with a smith friend of mine not that long ago when I was on another character and I didn't even realize their buff had broken my weapon until I looked at my melee animation and they didn't have repair weapon. It would have sucked since we were far from town, except I was carrying 3-4 other weapons on me.

Anyway I'd be quite happy to do 50k axe tornados and with instant cast and no delay o.o lol, better than my 6-8k ones before endows with a 2 second fixed cool down before recasting it again.

#175 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Well, I guessed as much that they were wearing god items, can't be otherwise.... 1-shotting Zombie Slaughterers x.X;.
It's just that, you write here that average damage for CC is 10k-20k, and it seems I'm nowhere near that ;P.

As for the hat, 10% more to damage is better than nothing, and if they hat would be for medals, it would be free, or some other means to get it after event w/o paying ^^;.
For now it would be best hat for my Genetic, though it would need some money to get +9 ^^;, where certs for it are the most expensive.....
ONLY 50m?! Right..... and you write about new players XD.

youre not getting that damage because your Eden weapon, despite it having higher attack then red twin sword, does not have ranged damage buffs on it. The Archer skeleton cards are what give the red twin so much more damage. Same for the Hurricane fury. the Expert Archer ranged dmg enchant + AS card are whats boosting its damage so high (expert archer + more atk dmg is the reason hurricane fury does more so much more damage).

since you are new and dont have alot of money, i suggest using:

Erde [2]: ATK: 130, +50 SP, 100% vs medium and large. Cost: currently 100-200k on ragial. fully enchantable with ranged damage (so you can do malangdo quests and just keep trying to enchant it with dual Expert Archer if you want). Put 2 Archer skeleton cards in this for max dmg. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/16000/

Red Square Bag [2]:atk 130, +200max HP, 100% vs medium and large. same deal. enchant with EA and throw in archer skeleton cards. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/16001/

Carga Mace [2] : atk: 175, 100% vs med/large. 2 archer skels cards. http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/16003/

btw the new hat only gives you 10% more cart cannon damage if you spend over 100million overupgrading it to +9 (with the current price of safe to 7 helmet certs itll probably cost you alot more then that to upgrade it). you can buy a +7 crown of deceit right now for 70-90m and get 5% dmg damage to CC AND acid bomb +15% faster casting speed and a slot for more casting speed reduction or damage reduction for mvping. unless they make the gen hat give the 10% bonus without upgrades, its just a money sync that people with the money to sync arnt gonna wanna buy because they can just get a +9 crown of deceit which is much better

IMO, if youre new, you should just save up to buy a witch hat for healing yourself then work on a Crown of Deceit +7 or +9 later on. nothing beats the money saving effectiveness of witch hat, and the +15% demon/undead dmg stacked along with holy cannonballs is great for leveling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users