Playing Rogue in Colosseum: Tips & Tricks - Page 2 - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Playing Rogue in Colosseum: Tips & Tricks

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#26 Doocher

Doocher

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

^

I tested this recently and (lol) it works.  NEW GLITCH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF!!!  all classes with hide can spam hide as they respawn and it works!!!

Thumbs up to Korea

I've been using the glitch for several weeks with my ranger :P

#27 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

Run, Klyde! Run!!!!!!! That's a great win, lol! It reminds me of my track and field days, when I had to race against time. ;)

I know, I'm a chicken -_- in Colo. I'm like "3 kills? good enough for me."

#28 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:07 AM

Here is another gameplay >=D!!

an endless battle without a winner =_____=;;;

but I had a lot of fun >=D!!

Edited by Leinzan, 08 August 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#29 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Ch3 mostly

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm a lvl 40ish Rogue right now and the furthest I've ever been in Colo was round 4. (back when the colo was blind) I have the problem that I can't really calculate my dmg that well and thus I really don't know which classes / characters I can take on in colo. So, which classes could I attempt to take on in 1v1? Or should I wait for lvl 50 and stick to KSing in the meantime? 

What do I do when a Ranger just backflips out and 3-shots me after I stunned him? :/ 

Tips would be very much apprechiated. :3

#30 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

Sorcs. I love killing sorcerers. They have no acrobatics/teleport and you can double attack circles around them to avoid spells with cast times. If you catch them by surprise 1v1 the only hope they have is kiting and shocking you to death slowly. Aside from that there's always chilling out somewhere inconspicuous and looking for people to execute. There's an art to staying out of the way and making yourself look like a poor target too. Rogues are probably at a disadvantage there. Even as a sin my basic strategy is killing mobs whenever possible. If I tab over one I'll usually go kill it because they're such a reliable source of points for no additional risk. Every time I make it to round 4 I remind myself I've been invited to a battle pagan killing contest. Actual fighting is prohibited there, only executions on other players and killing mobs. Some people cheat but that's okay because I have more points than they do.

#31 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

x

Edited by mysticalre, 12 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#32 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

hmm,

well, when I started going to colo I never passed round 2... mostly because my tab was buggy. But still, making it to round 4 on your first tries, you are doing pretty good.

this is something you will get more from experience than anything else, but gotta admit that KSing from hide is Rogue's biggest card to victory.

I personally don't have the patience to wait in hide for more than a minute... soooo I tend to jump into the fray... a lot...

tips, huh? tips... well, first the basics, hide and KS a low hp target, lets imagine you have DI at lvl 1, if your target is a tank, damange might be about 300~800 minimum with UD maxed, on a non-tank character, you can expect an 800~1300 damange minimum with UD maxed... those are rough estimates...

aside from that, I suppose you have no colo gear since you are lvl 40, so you should avoid duels for a while, colo gear's pvp bonus makes a big deal of a difference, given such cases, while you are outside of hide avoid crossing through the middle of the arena unless you see a reliable target, because you are one of those, check both sides, left and right and hug the wall, that will reduce the chances of getting back stabbed.

you should aim for mobs mostly, dagger throw will do the trick for almost anything, if you see someone you dont like, dagger throw him and curse him with the hope of poisoning him just for fun.

regardless of the class, try to keep yourself behind your target, most skills will autospin the enemy character to aim at you, but its mostly to tire the user behind the character.

about catching a ranger that got you first... well, you can only pray for him to mess up his slow arrow thing... dagger throw him to death... (that has worked for me a few times).

if a ranged class got you and is attacking you, DONT RUN, you are pretty much dead anyway, so turn around, click on him and FIGHT, you might go down, but you might also reach him and hurt him enought for him to go down with you, colo is a mess anyway.

about combos and situational strategies... I wouldn't finish =____=

#33 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

hmm,

well, when I started going to colo I never passed round 2... mostly because my tab was buggy. But still, making it to round 4 on your first tries, you are doing pretty good.

this is something you will get more from experience than anything else, but gotta admit that KSing from hide is Rogue's biggest card to victory.

I personally don't have the patience to wait in hide for more than a minute... soooo I tend to jump into the fray... a lot...

tips, huh? tips... well, first the basics, hide and KS a low hp target, lets imagine you have DI at lvl 1, if your target is a tank, damange might be about 300~800 minimum with UD maxed, on a non-tank character, you can expect an 800~1300 damange minimum with UD maxed... those are rough estimates...

aside from that, I suppose you have no colo gear since you are lvl 40, so you should avoid duels for a while, colo gear's pvp bonus makes a big deal of a difference, given such cases, while you are outside of hide avoid crossing through the middle of the arena unless you see a reliable target, because you are one of those, check both sides, left and right and hug the wall, that will reduce the chances of getting back stabbed.

you should aim for mobs mostly, dagger throw will do the trick for almost anything, if you see someone you dont like, dagger throw him and curse him with the hope of poisoning him just for fun.

regardless of the class, try to keep yourself behind your target, most skills will autospin the enemy character to aim at you, but its mostly to tire the user behind the character.

about catching a ranger that got you first... well, you can only pray for him to mess up his slow arrow thing... dagger throw him to death... (that has worked for me a few times).

if a ranged class got you and is attacking you, DONT RUN, you are pretty much dead anyway, so turn around, click on him and FIGHT, you might go down, but you might also reach him and hurt him enought for him to go down with you, colo is a mess anyway.

about combos and situational strategies... I wouldn't finish =____=

Thank you very much! That actually helped me a lot. If I have a good day I usually make it to round 3 in one of the two colos. Today I actually ended round 1 on 2nd place. :) enough about that though.

I still got a question about the underlined part. My DI is currently 3/5 and my UD is 1/5. What difference does the maxed UD actually make? I can't really see a big DPS boost just because of the increased probabilty of the doping procing. if that makes any sense. 

I gotta learn not running away from ranged classes. OTL (except sorcs, can't run anyway haha) 

#34 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Here is another gameplay >=D!!

an endless battle without a winner =_____=;;;

but I had a lot of fun >=D!!

I was watching ur video and u missed using lower lvl pots to stack Adrenaline rush and pwn that warrior, maybe i'm wrong and you had it stacked at max. Try to use a Pump it up hard pill, or STR boosts, good battle dude. :no1:

#35 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

Thank you very much! That actually helped me a lot. If I have a good day I usually make it to round 3 in one of the two colos. Today I actually ended round 1 on 2nd place. :) enough about that though.

I still got a question about the underlined part. My DI is currently 3/5 and my UD is 1/5. What difference does the maxed UD actually make? I can't really see a big DPS boost just because of the increased probabilty of the doping procing. if that makes any sense. 

I gotta learn not running away from ranged classes. OTL (except sorcs, can't run anyway haha) 

LOL, you remind me of myself like a few weeks ago. I was absolutely terrified of ranged classes because I kept getting killed by someone out of sight. My advice is to take the initiative to attack first, Crescent Moon kick them, and try to kill them before they can get up to heal, run away, etc.

Also, going after them is not that great either because they can still shoot you while still on the move.. You want to find someone or something nearby that you can score some points. I usually go for those green frogs or those Pagan mages if I get froze by a sorcerer. You might be able to retaliate, but make sure to use GP, otherwise you're definitely going to die.

As for UD, 1/5 is just not going to cut it at all. You want to have a high probability of Adrenaline Rush to activate because it's about 20% damage increase, so you definitely need to get it up for a better chance. Plus, you consume less potions to hit maxed UD boost with higher levels. Some people think lv. 4 UD procs enough, but I maxed it anyway because it's our core skill. DI is maxed because I have a better chance of KSing. It's mostly about timing with DI because sometimes people are on the verge of death and doesn't require much. It really depends on your build. I don't have anything better to max anyway..

One final piece of advice is, pick your targets. Find the ranked ones to KS so you can go further in Colo.

I was watching ur video and u missed using lower lvl pots to stack Adrenaline rush and pwn that warrior, maybe i'm wrong and you had it stacked at max. Try to use a Pump it up hard pill, or STR boosts, good battle dude. :no1:

He definitely maxed it. I don't think any of those is going to change anything. It comes to show that tanks should not be messed with.

Edited by ZT0100, 09 August 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#36 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

A little trick for the starters, if your DI is successful on the first and second attempt, then you dont have to fight in the rest of the round 1 and 2, you'll pass or you'll pass, fighting or watching while eating some popcorns is your choice... (I usually go for the first anyway)

Sorry for being confusing, by maxed UD I mean the Adrenaline Rush buff, hence, that extra 30% atk you get from consuming pots. What lvl your UD or DI you want to use, is up to you, tricks & tips arent part of a build, but of a play style

I actually had AR maxed by the time I fought him, and was using Master red pots, used like 7 of those during the fight, didnt realize they were master pots until 3 hours later tho... in any case what I needed was DP... if I had had DP I might have got a chance to take him down, but didnt cooldown fast enought XD!!! (first time EVER I feel I should have maxed DP)... also, STR boost was the pot on my alt+4... TOTALLY FORGOT I HAD IT!!

it was a nice fight nonetheless

He definitely maxed it. I don't think any of those is going to change anything. It comes to show that tanks should not be messed with.

He was though but not impossible, it also shows us Rogues aren't as weak on a frontal attack as many ppl think >=P! he was a strong warrior, that's for sure.

Edited by Leinzan, 09 August 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#37 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

in any case what I needed was DP... if I had had DP I might have got a chance to take him down, but didnt cooldown fast enought XD!!! (first time EVER I feel I should have maxed DP)

I failed to see how DP is going to finish the job. That warrior kept healing.

He was though but not impossible, it also shows us Rogues aren't as weak on a frontal attack as many ppl think >=P! he was a strong warrior, that's for sure.

It's a great battle, indeed! I think it's a draw, though. Whoever runs out of pots first loses. xD

If that was me, I would simply drop kick that guy to the floor and call it a day, lol.

#38 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I failed to see how DP is going to finish the job. That warrior kept healing.

Crescent Moon my friend, Crescent Moon is the answer to EVERYTHING

#39 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

Crescent Moon my friend, Crescent Moon is the answer to EVERYTHING

heh.. You're a great guy. You made me think about that one particular skill for days and today I am still unsure of maxing it or not on my new rogue. Jumping into the fray and chasing after people sound like fun, but it's impossible without VIP. People are just going to "kite"( if I understood the term correctly) or run away. My style is hit and run, so I probably will get DP instead. As much as I hate to disagree, Crescent Moon might not be the answer to everything for me. Dx

Oh yeah, I've just noticed the 17% vigor rate in Colo very recently. The cooldown at level 1 is 50 seconds because of it. Yeah, I am very newbie. :p_smile:

#40 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

nah your style is respectable, yup, for it to work you need moving speed, not VIP alone, you could farm speed pots for days and then try, but thats hardly a viable option...

anyway, someday I might post another video of this weird play style of mine XD!!

#41 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

nah your style is respectable, yup, for it to work you need moving speed, not VIP alone, you could farm speed pots for days and then try, but thats hardly a viable option...

anyway, someday I might post another video of this weird play style of mine XD!!

Haha, it's definitely not weird! I have seen many builds very similar to yours. The main difference is that some go for PW or DP, rather than CM. These people don't seem to like MD. Ahh well, you guys' loss!

I am looking forward for your next video! I have been studying xxalucard for a while now, and these skillful game-plays are very helpful for the rogues' community. :no1:

#42 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

... if I had had DP I might have got a chance to take him down, but didnt cooldown fast enought XD!!! (first time EVER I feel I should have maxed DP)... also, STR boost was the pot on my alt+4... TOTALLY FORGOT I HAD IT!!

What level is your DP in your build? Mine is probably going to look somewhat like this:  http://www.ro2base.c...310555.22310555

As you can see I got one more point to spare and I've been thinking about putting it into DP. (or I could take one out of PW and add 2 to DP) 

#43 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Lein has 2 points in DP.

his build: http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

By the way, you might want to reconsider putting any point into MD at all. I am starting to think it isn't worth it, despite really loving the animation. I did some calculations and found out that each individual hit out of 8 is about 6% and the final hit is 60%, which is totally not worth it. And, you're asking to be KSed during those weak hits over the duration of 3 seconds. 110% during 3 seconds is like 37% per second. Combo Mastery proc'ing is 60% per second. You're losing DPS with MD. The only real use is for during PVE, when you can combo it with hiding, and for PVP, when you think your target is about to run,  so instead of just doing only 60% and then your foe runs away you are dishing out the full 110% (which is the equivalent of 1 charged DB and 2 DAs.)

I wish they would make it a true burst by getting it up to like 150%.. :p_sad:  One can only dream.

Now I think I understand what it means to play as a rogue, lol.. Rogues are more about utility/supportive skills( SB, GP, DP, CM, the other CM, UD) rather than attack skills because we basically don't get any new attacks after advancement like assassins do. MD sucks that bad.

Oh, I am rambling again... :blush:

Edited by ZT0100, 13 August 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#44 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

I think I'll keep at least 2 points in MD though. (I already put 2 in and I kinda like the skill for some weird reason and I really don't want to respec haha). It feels like it has a much higher DMG output than DB and for PVE it's actually not that bad if you know when an AOE is going to come. Of course it's not that good for colo (I think I only used it once in colo and I immediately regretted it) 

So, after reconsidering my build according to what you said, I ended up with this

http://www.ro2base.c...310555.22310555

Maybe some points from DI will go to DP. I'll decide that as I level up. 

Thank you very much for the tips so far. :) 

#45 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

All I can say is that you are going to have one haaaaaaard life

Now I think I understand what it means to play as a rogue, lol.. Rogues are more about utility/supportive skills( SB, GP, DP, CM, the other CM, UD) rather than attack skills because we basically don't get any new attacks after advancement like assassins do.

Yup, Rogues are tricksters, learn to play them and you'll find yourself with a wiiiiiiide gama of moves with just a few skills >=P

Lately I've been finding utility in Rolling Cutter too xD!!

#46 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

All I can say is that you are going to have one haaaaaaard life

And what do you think about the updated version if I may ask? (http://www.ro2base.c...310555.22310555)

Edited by 3305130708053819460, 12 August 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#47 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

I take it that MD in your build already has 2 points right?

is there a reason as of why you leave GP at lvl 3? Its true lvl 3 is good enought FOR FARMING but for emergency's sake in either RHD, Raiding or PvP, lvl 5 should work better.

I suppose you are on the go and can't simply remake, sooo can you post your current build?

#48 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Yeah, that's exactly the case. I mean, I'm not aversed to buy one reset scroll when I'm up to 50 but this is my build at the moment:

http://www.ro2skills...0kBqFeBkDaOdOaN

#49 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

=____=a

hmm, well, all I can say its that its all over the place O____o;;

I don't really like to discuss about maxing this or maxing that, since I like to mix whatever I find cool from each playstyle, but I've been in several battles where I would have died if Gangster Paradise have come to me 1 second too late... anyhow this can also be part of my paranoia, maybe you don't need to max it if you don't find yourself in such dangerous situations in RHD or Raids or Colo or PvP... sure... nah, I would max it >_____>

might aswell just go and max MD, leave UD at lvl 4 and give DP the last point.

Try this out at colo, if you see an overconfident ranged class kiting someone, backstab him and strike till half HP (around the 4k mark), use Crescent Moon and keep bashing him on the ground, dont use deadly blow while he is on the floor unless Combo Mastery procs and your combo points are sure to fill in, and as soon as he gets up, if your Combo Points are full, use Moonlight Drive for a finisher, the remaining HP should be no more than 1.5k anyway, and if that fails, throw a dagger.

#50 3305130708053819460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think I'll just get a respec scroll at 50 and go full PVP. That's what I wanted to do from the start anyway but then I guess I read too many people's opinions. 

If I respec, would something like this be better for colo? http://www.ro2base.c...310535.22310535

I had one point left open that's why there is one in MD. :) 

Or maybe I'll put some points out of DP into CM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users