Economy Problem 6/16/13 - Page 7 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Economy Problem 6/16/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#151 Kryntos

Kryntos

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

lulz another pay2win game with a sh.i.tty economy
rollback incoming
who's dumb enough to continue playing this game?

#152 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

Quoting From NJoror's Post:

We don't want to issue a roll back for the game because we don't want to punish unknowing players who saw an item listed high and decided to match the price with their own.

#153 xandurr1

xandurr1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm sure they can figure out a way to give you back every Kafra Point spent in the time period.

Then thats fine! Not great, but fine!

#154 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

who knows if 2 days rollback would even fix it, I think this happened over a longer time than that
wouldn't it suck if they rolled back and it didn't even fix it
they are going for precision strikes over shock and awe
the hunt is on to find WMD's
and some scumbag is busy buying up the water rights

#155 AntaryFox

AntaryFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

Quoting From NJoror's Post:

And that's the right way.
Really, all who cries roll back roll back, wipe, wipe - you're relying on system interference too much, learn to survive in occured situation by yourself. If you're not capable of it - well, stay low.
Just to clarify - I haven't gained any super profit from all of this, in these days I made only ~1.5k, and not even from speculating kafra items. I'm 100% sure it's possible to play even if someone has more money that others, it's going to circulate anyway sooner or later. I couldn't care less about someone having 300 or 400k. Want to be one of them? Play smart on the market and save up if you're fanatic to that extent.
Thus, as it's a community discussion thread, my opinion is: I'm against mass zeny wipe and server roll back. This insults players who played fair. There's probably no best solution to this problem, you've already done enough with banning these accounts and eliminating 20kk.

Edited by AntaryFox, 17 June 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#156 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

lulz another pay2win game with a sh.i.tty economy
rollback incoming
who's dumb enough to continue playing this game?

Me.

#157 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

Thank you for this great solution and for NOT rolling back, as I have spent the whole weekend lvling. FYI, I didn't get benefits from the auction house and I got around 3k of zeny this weekend through normal trading, and I really don't want to lose it

Edited by UchihaDave, 17 June 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#158 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Thank you GMs for handling this issue so quickly. You've restored my faith in you guys after the founder-title incident.

About the rollbacks...lol you guys are so dramatic. So what? A few people got rich. It's not going to matter all that much in the long run. Rolling back is way too extreme and would cause WAY more harm than good. The only thing you ever need money for is fancy armor, weapons, cards and maybe cash shop items sold in game. You can obtain all the fancy on your own without spending a real-world dime. You don't need zeny for anything other than convenience. Once these people have what they want they want they probably won't bother too much with AH anyways. If they are legit I don't think they'd attempt to try and pull the same thing. They just got lucky. Don't be jelly. It's not a big deal. AH prices will go back to normal and stabilized once people learn what they can sell stuff at. It's going to be a bit harder to sell things for a few weeks but then it'll all be fine. If you bought stuff at crazy high prices that's your own fault, but it's not like you didn't have the money anyways right? You can make it again.

As for the fancy items they have... instead of deleteing them why not make a raffle for them like you did with the large bags?

Edited by RavenTDA, 17 June 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#159 LoNgGoNe

LoNgGoNe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

And that's the right way.
Really, all who cries roll back roll back, wipe, wipe - you're relying on system interference too much, learn to survive in occured situation by yourself. If you're not capable of it - well, stay low.
Just to clarify - I haven't gained any super profit from all of this, in these days I made only ~1.5k, and not even from speculating kafra items. I'm 100% sure it's possible to play even if someone has more money that others, it's going to circulate anyway sooner or later. I couldn't care less about someone having 300 or 400k. Want to be one of them? Play smart on the market and save up if you're fanatic to that extent.
Thus, as it's a community discussion thread, my opinion is: I'm against mass zeny wipe and server roll back. This insults players who played fair. There's probably no best solution to this problem, you've already done enough with banning these accounts and eliminating 20kk.

Really, all who cries roll back roll back : Rational, logical thinking is not crying anything.

You're relying on system interference too much : System interference is what alerted them to the current issue and they interfered to ban 20m Zeny from circulation.

It's going to circulate anyway sooner or later : Wealth attracts more wealth.

Play smart on the market and save up if you're fanatic to that extent : I have trouble managing my bank account, I don't play Fantasy MMO's to merch or price manipulate.

This insults players who played fair : I play fair, and i would be far more insulted if the Zeny from this was allowed to stay as it currently is.

You've already done enough with banning these accounts and eliminating 20kk. : The issue is not the amount that was siezed, but the amount that manged to filter through to players who apparently didn't realise the situation.(Apparently)

#160 AntaryFox

AntaryFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Really, all who cries roll back roll back : Rational, logical thinking is not crying anything.

You're relying on system interference too much : System interference is what alerted them to the current issue and they interfered to ban 20m Zeny from circulation.

It's going to circulate anyway sooner or later : Wealth attracts more wealth.

Play smart on the market and save up if you're fanatic to that extent : I have trouble managing my bank account, I don't play Fantasy MMO's to merch or price manipulate.

This insults players who played fair : I play fair, and i would be far more insulted if the Zeny from this was allowed to stay as it currently is.

You've already done enough with banning these accounts and eliminating 20kk. : The issue is not the amount that was siezed, but the amount that manged to filter through to players who apparently didn't realise the situation.(Apparently)

Rational, logical repeating same phrase by same people again and again in the same thread is crying something, exactly as it is. If you don't want to merch or price manipulate + have trouble managing your bank account, why not just play with the game content? It's not affected by economy that much. You don't want to get into the market, yet you want to be on par with people who does. What is it, land of fairies?

Edited by AntaryFox, 17 June 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#161 IcE29

IcE29

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

Its not the time, or the zenny im worried about. For me its my real money.
MY Kafra Points expenditure was influenced by what was going to make me the most zenny, yes!
But if i lose all my real money earnt items/zenny, without getting KP or Money back, how is that fair?

For me, i logged in yesterday, saw someone offering some Fusion tablets for sale for large amounts of zenny, check ed AH, saw more tablets for more zenny, and saw a way to make some cash.
So yeah, i bought some fusion tablets and i sold them for zenny.
Good Zenny too!
Im not sorry for that, do i think that seeing market trends and profiting from them is wrong? Hells No!
Now that i know there was a farmers account/s that had 20 million, i feel somewhat bad.
But not bad enough to let them take all my stuff.........

i'm sure you'll get your KP back if they did a roll back......

a roll back may not get back the old economy, but it will be a lot better than keeping the dirty money.

btw i earned some zeny too. but i dont really care cause all i need to do is sell the stuff again with a resonable price.
for the lvl loss, i think some xp boost and free vip will make everybody happy.

Edited by IcE29, 17 June 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#162 Mochacinno

Mochacinno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

Rational, logical repeating same phrase by same people again and again in the same thread is crying something, exactly as it is. If you don't want to merch or price manipulate + have trouble managing your bank account, why not just play with the game content? It's not affected by economy that much. You don't want to get into the market, yet you want to be on par with people who does. What is it, land of fairies?

You may all be fine and dandy with over-inflated prices but many casual players are not. What the hell is the point of dedicating all your time and energy to earn zenny the right way when someone can just get an amount you could never hope to achieve in a span of ONE day, because something that was not meant to happen DID happen? And now all your hard earned zenny is worth -_- since the things you want to buy now cost an arm and a leg.

For the past two weeks WP has been testing the patience of their players (wanted to remove costume additional stats, founder title, subtracting channels without notice, mass banning of innocent people, hack shield errors). It's been a -_-fest of two weeks and yet SOME people stayed, including me. There has to be a line drawn somewhere. If they don't do anything about players with hundreds of thousands of zennies then the economy will go to -_-, and the casual people will suffer. Then they'll go play other games that won't make them anxious of what -_-fest might happen in the upcoming maintenance.

#163 KnightofAncient

KnightofAncient

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Even though it has been stated that no rollback will occur. The chances for one happening are dwindling every hour. Its not only exp and blood points in question, its much more. People seem to forget about Union Points. Plus, if they reimburse or do a program for loss of union points, that would destroy the events in progress regarding the union point costumes. WP will take a huge risk if a rollback occurs, but as they said they are approaching this from a different angle. *Read the First Post*.

#164 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Despite some saying that a rollback is necessary to re-balance the economy and for the "good of the community", I can't help but think that a lot of those asking for a rollback are just envious that they missed the opportunity to profit from the zeny boom themselves or failed to profit as much as the few who had their costumes sold for a few hundred thousand zenys. A rollback will do far more damage to casual players and to the future of the game. Many would just quit the game than to redo everything they did from the point when the economy spiraled out of control. In life, there is no such thing as a re-do. An opportunity missed is gone forever. Just deal with what you have now and think about how to progress.

I second the idea of an NPC offering kafra items for a short period of time to slowly drain the zeny supply to normal levels and stabilize prices, instead of a rollback or a zeny wipe that will shock the economy yet again. In regards, to those who lucked out and got rich overnight, can't people just say "oh gosh, they are so lucky!", and move on? For those who can't accept this, why should rollback be the one and only solution? The GMs can selectively handle the cases who got wildly rich instead, who are really a very very small minority of the game population. It's not like nearly everyone will be walking around with +10 of everything.

Edited by Asur, 17 June 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#165 RayMD

RayMD

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

wipe it, give ppl their whole spend kafra points back and keep blood points.

#166 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

for those saying "no roll back pls" 70% they get profit for this issue , i play 35+ hours a week, and gain items bloodpoints zeny kapra items , but i go for roll back.. maybe i los 1week expi,zeny, items but still rollback will be more fair than no rollback .. i feel cheated like others .. i pay and buy WP too and the others just get 200k 300k millions in just 1 night??

rollback = maybe some quit like 10%
no rollback = maybe some quik like 50%

roll back or ghostown xDDDDD

#167 Gissele

Gissele

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

wipe it, give ppl their whole spend kafra points back and keep blood points.

Yes Wipe all Zenys in the server, and back kafra points cash and keep blood points

#168 9789130510155008703

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

none of my guildies and my friends guildies have decided not to play anymore (thats like 80 people in total for both guilds) unless this is resolved with a rollback just the thought of people making +1 mil Z from this incident is appaulling.. why not just get a rollback and give a x3-x5 weeks for both Bloodpoints and Exp and drop rate x2 ... im pretty sure most people will be satisfied.

#169 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

for those saying "no roll back pls" 70% they get profit for this issue

Good, at least it's not 100% anymore. I can proudly say I'm part of the 30%!

rollback = maybe some quit like 10%
no rollback = maybe some quik like 50%

roll back or ghostown xDDDDD

83.65% of internet statistics are made up.

none of my guildies and my friends guildies have decided not to play anymore (thats like 80 people in total for both guilds) unless this is resolved with a rollback

So applying formal logic than can be translated as "all of my guildies and friends have decided to play unless this is resolved with a rollback". Meaning if there's a rollback they might or might not play. :gg:

Edited by Nereida, 17 June 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#170 yuaki123

yuaki123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

A part of players that accumulated a large amounts of zeny in the game are mostly cash user buying items from cash shop and resell it into auction. A rollback at this point would make lots of people rage because it's unfair for those who spent their time, effort and even REAL money to get that much zeny. So a complete rollback on every accounts is not a good move, because im positive that people's reaction will be quite violent. This matter need a much more careful investigation, because it's unjust to take away what people have invested in the game by their own effort. If rollback is the only option, may be just rollback on the zeny, and let them keep the items and equips.

Another solution would probably be increasing the amount of zeny one player can get through the quests on their road to 50, so they can have a good start.

p/s: As i am speaking now, the price of some items in AH is already decreased. For example Karnium (from 400z to 200z now)

Edited by yuaki123, 17 June 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#171 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

There was like... a few pages of costumes in AH? Those are pretty much the only people who made wild amounts of money compared to the thousands of other players who don't even know about the issue at all or had nothing to do with it. Like yuaki123 says it's mostly just the cash buyers anyways. They support the game and I say let them have the luck. Me? I had nothing to do with the whole thing. I was bummed I couldn't buy much but hey there's other ways to obtain your items. If there was a need of a rollback, they'd have done it by now. Waiting and taking up more time is worse.

Stop putting people into a panic about rolling back. Seriously stop whining and complaining and being jealous. The GMs got this. No need to be so crazy over a tiny handful of players. It's like crying over people who won the lotto or invested in the right stocks. People get lucky over money sometimes it doesn't cause the entire economy to go BOOM.

#172 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

Rollback items/zeny from AH. I'm sure many people were busy actually PLAYING THE GAME, and are still completely oblivious as to what went on.

Hahaha! This was me this morning!

I haven't looked at AH, but when I logged on to the forum today it was like

Posted Image

#173 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

There was like... a few pages of costumes in AH? Those are pretty much the only people who made wild amounts of money compared to the thousands of other players who don't even know about the issue at all or had nothing to do with it. Like yuaki123 says it's mostly just the cash buyers anyways. They support the game and I say let them have the luck. Me? I had nothing to do with the whole thing. I was bummed I couldn't buy much but hey there's other ways to obtain your items. If there was a need of a rollback, they'd have done it by now. Waiting and taking up more time is worse.

Stop putting people into a panic about rolling back. Seriously stop whining and complaining and being jealous. The GMs got this. No need to be so crazy over a tiny handful of players. It's like crying over people who won the lotto or invested in the right stocks. People get lucky over money sometimes it doesn't cause the entire economy to go BOOM.

yes i see the price is coming back to normal , but still , the people that profit the AH madness still there .. maybe its unfair for those who people who saying .. but how about us that paying real money to buy Kapra cash and the others just get easy more than 100k -500k zeny in 1 night?? is that fair for us?? bets solution is rollback from the last maintenance updates when the fusions tablets released...

#174 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

20 million zeny in one moth... ugh.

#175 Eureline

Eureline

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

yes i see the price is coming back to normal , but still , the people that profit the AH madness still there .. maybe its unfair for those who people who saying .. but how about us that paying real money to buy Kapra cash and the others just get easy more than 100k -500k zeny in 1 night?? is that fair for us?? bets solution is rollback from the last maintenance updates when the fusions tablets released...

Agree :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users