Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS - Page 2 - Magician - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Start to fix the -_- SORC CLASS

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

#26 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

That crap coding is just as bad for warriors using battle leap the same moment they get hit with varetyr or frost diver. It puts the skill on cooldown even though it didn't do anything and can potentially keep us stuck on no-skill. Battle Leap has a pretty big delay after casting it, because you're literally floating in mid-air for a good 2 seconds before you land.

#27 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Sorc is NOT op at all. Priest is a bit op in my opinion

#28 Docrates

Docrates

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Full DPS priest *-*

Do something about MONKS... give then slow down debuff (spirit sphere throw), stun out of Azura and a powerfull Azura hit (as old times *-*) if you will keep that 1 min cd.

I understand there is a problem but it's about Critical Hits. A sorcerer can Double Damage buff + Critical Hit = 2k damage goes up to +7k and just because it's "one hit" it does that damage. A Knight for example, do 3 hits, one can be critical, other can miss, other can just do normal damage...

I think, if some skills with split damage goes critical, they must go critical ALL to reach the damage from those 1 hit classes (warrior, sorcerer...)

#29 Leki3

Leki3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I don't really see Priests as OP.

Normally I see people turning on the priest in pairs, or three's when they just stand around healing.

And if they spend so much time healing, they usually don't get very far anyway.

I've only gotten to round 3 a few times, but if there's any priests there, they get focused into oblivion since no one wants to see on in the final round.

It's hard to kill them, but it's even harder to get kills with them. (Ranger, Magician+ Thief+ have easier times KS'ing)

Same applies to BM's. Walk around in Grizzly form, and most people don't even try and touch you. Getting  kills with them though.... Argh, fingers crossed for a Wild Impact, and even then, they usually run off afterwards.

The prominent class I see every time though is Sorc. And you'd need to be super persuasive to convince me that Sorc's players are just more skilled than other classes. I agree with what was said earlier though, it's their freeze thing (Which Wiz's can use too) that needs altering IMO. If that does extra dmg, then knockdowns and stun/snares by other classes should also receive a dmg increase when their target is flopping/swaying around.

#30 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

Lets not forget in Collo, the 200% Attack Power buff only applies to Physical Attacks, not magic attacks.

So every physical attacker can get Double Dmg too.

#31 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

That crap coding is just as bad for warriors using battle leap the same moment they get hit with varetyr or frost diver. It puts the skill on cooldown even though it didn't do anything and can potentially keep us stuck on no-skill. Battle Leap has a pretty big delay after casting it, because you're literally floating in mid-air for a good 2 seconds before you land.

Don't know why im saying this but during charge if a class hides(smoke bomb*) or jumps(blink, backflip, ect) out of range you are locked up in the shield charge animation until you die as well.

#32 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Sorcerers are not OP, and I'm not just saying that because I play one.  :p_hi:

#33 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Sorcs aren't OP at all.

BUFF MONKS INSTEAD!

#34 ImmortalBlue

ImmortalBlue

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

1, Earth Shield is useless with Sorc, increase only a bit of def

2, All Healing skill is a joke without Earth Emblem. GM nerf Sorc already =,=" Healing power of Sorc in RO2 NA = 50% in KRO2

3, Deluge has too long animation delay, and too long cooldown times. LOR is a joke in Colosseum like all other healing skill

4, Sorc doesn't have speed up moving skill, escaping skill, absolute defending skill, increasing max HP skill, DOT skill, hiding skill, so everyone can kill Sorc easy

5, Almost Sorc skill has long casting time

And they said Sorc is overpower class ???

(Sorry about my bad English)

#35 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sorc are op, the freeze is like a sin or rogue being in permanent hide. Its incredibly op and needs to not stack with crit. Its a night permanent 2x damage buff that you don't have to risk getting stunned for. I swear give something like that to ANYONE else and you'll see OP cries immediately. They are the only dd with a good heal and 2x damage on tap for their best skills. It needs a tweak.

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 05 July 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#36 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

sorc: good raid DPS, most important support for aoes (deluge), can heal in emergencies, best class in colo (perma freeze melee, 6k crits...)

yep it's not all about colo, but whoever made that point... sorcs are also one of the most wanted classes in raids too

Edited by mysticalre, 05 July 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#37 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

sorcs are so ez to kill on my ranger and knight ITS CRAZY.  i target mostly sorcs and rangers in colo.  SO EZ

#38 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

1, Earth Shield is useless with Sorc, increase only a bit of def

2, All Healing skill is a joke without Earth Emblem. GM nerf Sorc already =,=" Healing power of Sorc in RO2 NA = 50% in KRO2

3, Deluge has too long animation delay, and too long cooldown times. LOR is a joke in Colosseum like all other healing skill

4, Sorc doesn't have speed up moving skill, escaping skill, absolute defending skill, increasing max HP skill, DOT skill, hiding skill, so everyone can kill Sorc easy

5, Almost Sorc skill has long casting time

And they said Sorc is overpower class ???

(Sorry about my bad English)

You can perma freeze 2x damage anything whenever and heal yourself, if you weren't squishy it'd be far worse. If you lose a fight 1v1 as a sorc you're either a drooling idiot of the other guy is amazing. The healing was nerfed for a good reason, what it is at now is still on par with a Priest, if it was left the same there'd be no room for priests period. ES isn't for you its for you're other DPS/tanks. If you aren't using EE for heals you doing it wrong. Deluge and LOR are amazing skills they should take long. And your skills are obscenely powerful before you freeze someone they should cast long. Really they still need a balance.

sorc: good raid DPS, most important support for aoes (deluge), can heal in emergencies, best class in colo (perma freeze melee, 6k crits...)

yep it's not all about colo, but whoever made that point... sorcs are also one of the most wanted classes in raids too

^^^This. It may not be about colo but it isn't like sin/wiz/rang can DD like a dps and heal like a priest. Sorc is a jack of all and their power should reflect that. Freeze needs to be changed to make them crit for no 4x damage or they need to give it to other classes. And if you think sin/ranger are bad now just wait till they can stun lock you and get free 2x damage.

#39 AngieCollective

AngieCollective

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

The RNG God must of been merciless on you. Do kindly quit complaining and actually work on your skills in pvp, sorcs aren't a pain of the butt unless you have terrible luck.

Edited by AngieCollective, 05 July 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#40 6299130505154003263

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Played my 25 sorc on colo for fun, rolled my face on keyboard and got to last round. Ranger is no different.

Sorc has too much CC and kiting, a melee class will probably lose any 1x1 against a sorc that has any idea whats hes doing

People saying it relies on luck, let me break it to you, all classes depend on luck for massive burst(crit)/not miss strong skills.... and sorc has a 2x damage on demand and if you are "lucky" 4x.

#41 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

The RNG God must of been merciless on you. Do kindly quit complaining and actually work on your skills in pvp, sorcs aren't a pain of the butt unless you have terrible luck.

No sorc aren't a pain, but they are far harder to kill than the other DPS. They hit harder and heal better than all them an that makes them op. They do more damage than most and are the 2nd best(previously 1st) healer.

#42 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

I hope u guys know this but once u freeze a person and u freeze them again... the 2nd freeze only last half the time and then u can't get frozen anymore... so if u survive 2 freezes ur golden.

#43 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Don't know if you know this but once you're done freezing them you can reduce their move speed by 40% and endlessly kite them. Really though if it makes it to a second freeze the sorc got unlucky, and you got extremly lucky. A freeze is enough for a JT a VS and 1-2 LB's or another JT with FS that is around 50% of most hp pools in the first 8 seconds of a fight, the only thing that out damages that is a Sin/rang/Rog with 200% poring buff and that isn't on command if ever and has negative side effects. Not only that but you can crit on top of that.

Sorc has THE BEST burst damage and THE 2nd BEST Healing in the game along with regular damage that still out DD's most other dps.

LB=44%(88% with freeze) dmg a sec(you get off roughly 2-2.5 a sec)

Sins attack=25% a sec

Ranger= 45% per 2 sec

Keep in mind that Sorc can fire that on the move doesn't need to build anything to use it and have more atk than either on average. AND they can heal...

#44 Docrates

Docrates

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

What everybody needs here is a "breakout trinket", something to release you from stuns, traps, freezes, drops, with obviously a CD.

#45 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

I hope u guys know this but once u freeze a person and u freeze them again... the 2nd freeze only last half the time and then u can't get frozen anymore... so if u survive 2 freezes ur golden.

Once you get frozen you are pretyy much done... Problem with Sorc/Rangers and what make them OP or unbalanced is they can spam spells while "MOVING! Oh you coming *running away from* for me?" says a Sorc...

Cold Bolt, Cold Bolt, Cold Bolt, wind seal procs, LB, LB, LB, LB, CB,LB,LB Rinse and repeat while your Spear is rdy then Froze, LB,LB,LB rinse and repeat <- I've witnessed this a Sorc on the finals doing that to a 14k Knight and won LOL! So yeah Sorcs are "easy" to kill. Most people here saying that are Sorcs praying for that UNBALANCED, lets say UNBALANCED class, does not get fixed once and for all.

Edited by Cthulhuzealot, 05 July 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#46 Hoshizuka

Hoshizuka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sorc has THE BEST burst damage and THE 2nd BEST Healing in the game along with regular damage that still out DD's most other dps.

LB=44%(88% with freeze) dmg a sec(you get off roughly 2-2.5 a sec)

Sins attack=25% a sec

Ranger= 45% per 2 sec

Keep in mind that Sorc can fire that on the move doesn't need to build anything to use it and have more atk than either on average. AND they can heal...

2nd BEST doesnt mean anything since theres only 2 classes that can heal. so they're actually the worst healer if they're 2nd.  also the only skill they can do on the move is the lightning bolt skill and that -_- does little dmg if the target isn't frozen or if u dont have charge from cold bolt.  But out of curiosity, have you played a sorc yet sir? or are you just spewing things out based on observation.

#47 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Don't know why im saying this but during charge if a class hides(smoke bomb*) or jumps(blink, backflip, ect) out of range you are locked up in the shield charge animation until you die as well.

Oh I've seen this plenty of times in duels with different classes. It's actually pretty funny. For Battle Leap you get to see them floating in the air while still being able to perform like normal. They sometimes don't see it on their own end though. I like the one where a Beastmaster (*Cough Ursaling) uses Rollout (Beast Charge?) and gets perma stuck in that animation if they get stunned during the process of using it.

#48 Leki3

Leki3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

This is probably uncalled for, but everyone that's refuting the argument with "lol, you just have no pvp skill"

I have something to say in response to that......

Colloseum is sort of -_- anyway. It's not so much PvP skill, as much as it is KS skill.

And one does not equate to the other.

That is all.

#49 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

2nd BEST doesnt mean anything since theres only 2 classes that can heal. so they're actually the worst healer if they're 2nd.  also the only skill they can do on the move is the lightning bolt skill and that -_- does little dmg if the target isn't frozen or if u dont have charge from cold bolt.  But out of curiosity, have you played a sorc yet sir? or are you just spewing things out based on observation.

I've played it to 25. An even if LB is the only one you can use on the move it is still better than both sin and ranger so the point is moot little damage for you or not.

#50 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

But Rangers and Sins can go invisible, while Magicians can't. Kinda makes it up with a spammable low level moving spell, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users