Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13 - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

#51 baxie

baxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

the flying pig vip is from the king of the emp event 

#52 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

Actually what you should do is give 20 Eremes DNA fragment to every lvl 45+ players instead of banning and taking out the fragments of those players who were just "farming", as any other team could be doing.

I was testing Ungoliant and Maya purple fail drop, will you give me 20 DNA's? as consolation? No.

If you want to be fair, be fair with everyone.

Also what about this?

xd.jpg

Will you help every guild who tries, and i mean EVERY GUILD, to kill Aromine or such bosses of CoA? Or will you just help those called "your friends, a.k.a *** lickers"

wow thanks, good to know

Edited by mysticalre, 11 August 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#53 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

The QQ is hard on this post.

And just a little answer for this girl (probably a dude playing a female char)

1085109_507133539369091_478853515_o.jpg

What about the VIP still has not sold that many are using ... A cla ... great server, I would like clarification on this.

This is a reward (30 days vip) of a WoE event nothing to cry about.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 11 August 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#54 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Well any single excuse GMs trying to giv us all are futile, "they were testing the drop rates" lol like GMs couldn't handle a boss with that Test Dagger right? lololollololololol.

And once again enjoy your last days (hopefully) being managers of this game guys.

Edited by Cthulhuzealot, 11 August 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#55 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Was hoping you'd clear this up Njoror.

Thanks for this post.

#56 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

How would recalling the DNA do any good at all? People who wanted the Eremes pet would have redeemed him straight after they'd have received the DNA, and some have probably already profited from it.

My biggest question is what exactly were yoiu even trying to test? The excuse of drop rates makes absolutely no sense to me. Eremes DNA was slow to filter into the AH so it should have been assumed these drop rates were fine. And if you did need to test these drop rates for some reason, why did you pick players to do it? You're the guys with the one-touch death GM weapons here, you'll test it faster. My friend and I killed Willow Worker about 20 times and got one DNA each. Do I get a prize for figuring out some sort of drop rate here? Nobody knew where Embus of Ruin DNA came from due to the wonky name, I figured out it was Edith and posted it in another thread -- do I get a consolation Embus of Ruin pet now or something?

I'm still so very confused. I don't think you can really dig your way out of this without saying "we messed up big time". Don't ever give people free stuff or blind "tests" with rewards for the hell of it ever again, learn from your mistakes. Summon system changes need to be put in place as leveling them requires retarded amounts of time, money and patience. Suggestions to fix this are already dotted around the forums.

#57 Dontcare01254

Dontcare01254

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

xd.jpg

What the -_- is this? LOL Nice GMs aye!

#58 LordKratos

LordKratos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

eremesguile.jpg

#59 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

There are some questions around a situation that happened over the weekend in regards to a GM, a group, and Eremes Guile.

One of our GMs responded to a group who asked if the Eremes Guile boss was properly dropping the DNA fragments. After spawning several for the GM to kill himself and test, he found that the monster was bugged and not dropping fragments properly.

The group had been trying for the Eremes Guile DNA fragment for quite a long time, so when the GM found out that it wasn't dropping, he decided to give them some Eremes Guile DNA Fragments as a consolation.

They were given too many fragments, and probably should not have been given fragments at all.

We are now in the process of reversing what happened by removing the fragments or the monster spawns it may have created.

If you're going to comment on the situation, please do it here.

During yesterday night, the chanel 15 wasn't giving drops. There were even several people reporting it and posting about it. Don't you feel that every person hunting there should be given free items too?

There is no "maybe" or "probably", there shouldn't be any free item given under shady conditions. I don't know what makes me feel worse: if that such 'compensation' happened, or the thought that it will happen again because the GM team doesn't realize how bad a decition like this was.

#60 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

you would expect corruption on private servers but official servers, really?

theres already been some suspicion and thanks for confirming actual corruption now

as if RO2 couldn't get any worst at this point LOL

ps; where are my loots for CoA? is Njoror gonna give the loots to that party? LOOOOL

you guys are sloppy as hell - makes me question how you guys were hired to be GM's

Edited by englishtealite, 11 August 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#61 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm not going to jump on the lynch bandwagon for this one, but I've seen it happen in several MMOs and the only way to avoid this kind of thing is complete impartiality in regards to helping friendly players on a personal level. I like the GM Staff here, I do, and I've been in their seat as well; with peers handing crap out, and having to deal with the outcry and fall out afterwards. You're in a mess because of it, but I wouldn't fault that one GM as having power with no strong guideline on using it becomes as easy and thoughtless as the push of a button. When you have power, an easy button, boredom and you're on a game for long hours as a job you tend to forget restraint unintentionally.

The BIG problem with this, is that that push of a button can cause a major fallout, and you need to be careful with it in a corporate environment as well because it can cost jobs, revenue, everything. It sucks when the customer support jobs which are generally the frontline jobs for the face of a company, its not something somebody in support(GM) is trained to be used to. Painfully so, I'll admit, this is a company lacking the balance of an experienced R&D Planning Department, and the International MMO Communities(Read: Murrican & Steam) are fickle enough to eat you up and dump you, and some jobs in under a month when the next port comes across.

Example of R&D: A lot of our events are based off competition 'first' to the goal on everything, kill this, or this, find this place. Its all about the race and luck, and that doesn't appeal to new players at all, they come on board for this stuff with major handicaps, hearing that GMs participate with the lead of the pack makes coming up on things feel even further away I suppose. Implementation of events using triggers and light scripts is usually a lot cleaner than using human judgment and jerry-rigged versions of bosses randomly plopped down with a spawn command. Union-style quests of Kill X Hardmode Boss Receive 1 Fragment every 48 hours would be a lot more balanced in getting people active in raids, and kill this competitive environment that potentially fuels drama. You've got the staging for quite a lot of this at your disposal, hell if a CM or GM wishes, message me and I'd more than happily flesh out a chunk of suggestions.

I'm sure the GM in question is kicking themselves enough for this main fiasco- As well as dealing with the fallout of this enough both at work and online, thankfully they're sorting it. This kind of stuff almost ALWAYS happens in MMO Companies. Including the biggest 3(or 5 depending on your opinion) - we want instant gratification with customer service instead of slow regulated tickets though, so slip ups like this will happen by having an in-game GM team active with the community. I won't fault the 05 local team for a mistake in judgment. At the very least, its something learned from.

#62 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

@LordKratos= I'm SO saving that drawing!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, tho, this just isn't right at all. I'm glad you finally acknowledged your (big) mistake and decided to somehow fix it. But the damage is done, trust has been lost, and it will take you guys quite some time to recover it, IF people is willing to give you more chances than already given.

I've seen GMs in othere MMOs be removed of the game (fired? changed to other position?) for situations similar to this. Might not be a big deal to you, guys, but it is for community. You don't just ignore favoritism rumours and then even give out items to a select few. No matter how helpful they might be, no matter how "cool" and "fun" and "nice people" they may be, you're supposed to treat players all the same. Testing? Sorry guys, but we're not really entitled to any "reward"for testing, other than seeing the bugs being fixed and PERHAPS our name being mentioned/recognized for helping out. If you want to "get something" or "get paid" for testing out something, a game bug, etc... then apply for official testers/employees at the company. I personally don't want anything else other than the reported bugs/glitches/errors being solved. It's enough reward for me.

Compensation? Really? Quite unfair, IMO, considering that if that case is really true and Eremes was bugged, you could easily tell those guys weren't the only ones in the whole server trying to get his DNA frags. So why should just a few get some "compensation" when others in the exact same situation, didn't? Again, doesn't make any sense, other than displaying either favoritism or ignorance of the game.

To be very honest, it's best to just remove their Eremes summon (if they got any), remove the DNA frags (registered or still in temp storage), and trace whoever these people might have sold/traded the fragments to (in case they did) - and I'm quite sure GMs are able to do all of it. To some of the guys posting here.. no. None of this "give everyone Eremes DNA! YEYS!" nonsense please. That would just make an already bad situation, much worse. We don't need to flood the server with Eremes summons everywhere, nothx.

And please, Njoror, guys, the more you try to cover a mistake you did, the worse it looks to the eyes of players. Would have been okay if this were acknowledged and admitted in the first place, and quickly solved. Deleting/editing threads asking for answers or showing evidence, or silencing people who has real concerns, just put you all in a really bad light.

I still have some little faith in this game, call me stupid or crazy I don't care (I've played and still play MMOs that were thought dead and are still alive and kicking in), but the more sh*t happens, the more you kill my hopes. 

Edited by TifaValentine, 11 August 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#63 HoukaSeyru

HoukaSeyru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

I feel like im playing on a private server... :p_omg:

#64 Eureline

Eureline

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

This is just sad..  :p_sad: 

Stop breaking the game.. 

#65 3539130503144650267

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

ban permanent player and gm

#66 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

During yesterday night, the chanel 15 wasn't giving drops. There were even several people reporting it and posting about it. Don't you feel that every person hunting there should be given free items too?

There is no "maybe" or "probably", there shouldn't be any free item given under shady conditions. I don't know what makes me feel worse: if that such 'compensation' happened, or the thought that it will happen again because the GM team doesn't realize how bad a decition like this was.

I wondered what was up with Lurker Fly on chan15.

#67 KAndres

KAndres

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

I wasted too many pots... time...

#68 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Even after so many people said so many times "the game is dying" "FF14 will be better", or any of the other games coming out soon, I would get upset because I still had hope for this game. When I've found a bug, I've reported it. When I've found a bot, I would call a GM. I even found out how the ranger camouflage bug works (even though you guys still claim it can't be reproduced, I can reproduce it every time) and if I didn't see it fixed, I was going to make a video explaining exactly how the bug appeared. I've made event suggestions, game suggestions, etc. I've never gotten compensation, I don't care.

What do I care about is the apparent favoritism with a staff I truly liked. Now I feel crushed about a game I loved with a staff I no longer trust. That includes you, Njoror. Take your ghosts and stuff it. Because how dare you.

#69 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Even after so many people said so many times "the game is dying" "FF14 will be better", or any of the other games coming out soon, I would get upset because I still had hope for this game. When I've found a bug, I've reported it. When I've found a bot, I would call a GM. I even found out how the ranger camouflage bug works (even though you guys still claim it can't be reproduced, I can reproduce it every time) and if I didn't see it fixed, I was going to make a video explaining exactly how the bug appeared. I've made event suggestions, game suggestions, etc. I've never gotten compensation, I don't care.

What do I care about is the apparent favoritism with a staff I truly liked. Now I feel crushed about a game I loved with a staff I no longer trust. That includes you, Njoror. Take your ghosts and stuff it. Because how dare you.

That was so raw...so honest....+1.

#70 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

The level of unprofessional actions taken by the CMs and GMs in iRO2 is simply astounding. You should not be giving out items to players, costumes or not, just because you feel like it. Your first priority is to be an unbiased figure of authority, not try to be everyone's Mickey Mouse pal. You should be blocking every and all party, guild, and friend requests in addition to addressing player concerns. Doing so otherwise causes -_-storms just like this.

Giving out rewards for GM-run events (i.e. hide-and-seek, forum contests, etc.) is fine, but when you guys simply give out items to whatever player you feel like, that is crossing the line. Especially items that haven't been announced to have been implemented on our server via patch notes or an iRO2 website announcement. Doesn't matter if the items in question are temporary or not, I highly doubt you have that much authorization to give a few players early access to them.

It's obvious you guys are not experienced enough with MMORPGs to know what to do and what not to do. You need to run your decisions by the RO1 staff for advice because doing things on your own is doing more harm than good for iRO2.

#71 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

I'm sure the GM in question is kicking themselves enough for this main fiasco- As well as dealing with the fallout of this enough both at work and online, thankfully they're sorting it. This kind of stuff almost ALWAYS happens in MMO Companies. Including the biggest 3(or 5 depending on your opinion) - we want instant gratification with customer service instead of slow regulated tickets though, so slip ups like this will happen by having an in-game GM team active with the community. I won't fault the 05 local team for a mistake in judgment. At the very least, its something learned from.

This needs to be read over and over. Not only by the GMs but also by the community.

What happened was complete BS and unfair to the rest of the community. A reward for anything, event or testing purposes, should never give the participants/winners a clear advantage over the rest of the playerbase. Especially when they're rewarded with the most broken thing in the game right now. The playerbase will drop after this, and I don't fault anybody for leaving, but hopefully the team learns something from this to prevent it from happening again.

Tone things back a bit. While it's fine for GMs and CMs to interact with the community, you guys need to remember you're the face of the game. Favoritism towards a certain group or rewarding specific players segregates the community, while real issues go ignored for hours or days, does nothing but make the game terrible. As I mentioned in one of the other threads that got flooded by rage, transparency is best. Making a post on the forums or creating a section specifically asking for, and announcing the request for help with certain features, that's open for anybody to participate in and provide feedback, would help. Saying something in public chat, which 90% of the community has turned off due to some of the stuff that goes on in it doesn't.

For all the people who plan on sticking with the game, continue letting your frustration out about the issues you're unhappy with in a reasonable tone. Letting the CMs and GMs know you don't like what was done is fine. Yelling and stomping around like children and demanding you get a 400 day Kimono and every single pet ever and full AoD H gear or -_- doesn't.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 12 August 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#72 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

this post made me cry.  :p_cry:

#73 Serenaki

Serenaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

this post made me cry.  :p_cry:

Ikr? That post should be the face of this injustice that has happened to the players of RO2.

#74 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

yeah, that disappointment that makes you feel stupid for... believing in a lot of things

no one's even raging at this point, it's just pure disappointment

#75 frostsense

frostsense

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

"A better game and company", they said. "A fresh start," they said. This just went downhill faster than AsiaSoft did and harder than the force of a thousand suns. 

Let's face it Gravity, RO2 was a bust on all releases, kRO2 included. You really dropped the ball on this one.

WP staff, nothing to say here. Expected this sort of thing to happen sooner or later, it was just a matter of when and which action would blow up. Fortunately for you, 4 months. 2nd day OB encounter with a GM, was severely not impressed by what he did.

And dare I must say, both Gravity and WP definitely gave their players the short end of the stick. You just basically enticed their trust, proceeded to trample all over it, threw it in the nearest garbage bin and set fire to it. Because in the end, it's all about milking that cash cow (Pay 2 Win anyone?)

To the rest of you; it's never too late to jump a burning ship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users